No announcement yet.

ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A big thanks to everyone providing us with all these stats . Some must have taken ages to type in unless you are fab with keyboard skills which you probably are

Comment

• No. 1 and 2 on Euro Digital Sales Chart

"Euro Digital Song Sales Chart | Billboard" https://www.billboard.com/charts/eur...tal-song-sales

Comment

• I've found this site with the UK Radio Airplay Chart: http://www.ukairplaychart.com/uk/
        I don't know if it's the official one but DSMD is at number 13 and ISHFIY at number 24.
        ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
          I've found this site with the UK Radio Airplay Chart: http://www.ukairplaychart.com/uk/
          I don't know if it's the official one but DSMD is at number 13 and ISHFIY at number 24.
          It is the official UK airplay chart, compiled by Radio Monitor. I think the ukairplaychart website is owned by Radio Monitor.

The Radio Monitor website has the top 10 for all countries in which it compiles a radio or TV chart.

https://app.radiomonitor.com/home/#chart

Use the drop down menu at the top right of the chart to choose the chart you wish to view.

Comment

• Billboard Global 200:

54 New 1 Don't Shut Me Down ‒ ABBA ( 54 )
            62 New 1 I Still Have Faith In You ‒ ABBA ( 62 )

Billboard Global 200 (Excl USA):

26 New 1 Don't Shut Me Down ‒ ABBA ( 26 )
            37 New 1 I Still Have Faith In You ‒ ABBA ( 37 )

ABBA’s two new singles, “Don’t Shut Me Down” and “I Still Have Faith in You” get starts in the top half of both lists. Further, their 1976 classic “Dancing Queen” arrives at Nos. 146 and 158 on the Global Excl. U.S. chart and Global 200, respectively. That makes them just the fourth act to hit the former chart with a song from the ‘70s, following Queen, Fleetwood Mac and Boney M.
            Last edited by LostAvenger; Thu September 16, 2021, 18:33.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
              It is the official UK airplay chart, compiled by Radio Monitor. I think the ukairplaychart website is owned by Radio Monitor.

The Radio Monitor website has the top 10 for all countries in which it compiles a radio or TV chart.

https://app.radiomonitor.com/home/#chart

Use the drop down menu at the top right of the chart to choose the chart you wish to view.
              Thanks for the info!
              ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• There’s a post on Twitter that grabbed my attention .It says Ed Sheeran is to make an announcement tomorrow 8am UK time .. I wonder ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                  There’s a post on Twitter that grabbed my attention .It says Ed Sheeran is to make an announcement tomorrow 8am UK time .. I wonder ?
                  Apparently it's to do with a UK tour, the anouncement is going to be the cities where he will be playing.

Comment

• Thursday Update (UK)

29 Don't Shut Me Down (should still be top 40 tomorrow)
                    51 I Still Have Faith In You

Comment

• DSMD 26
                      Faith 37
                      Gold massive jump to 34
                      US Billboard 200

Comment

• UK Official Singles Top 100

31(9) DSMD
                        55 (14) ISHFIY
                        ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• UK Official Albums Chart Top 100

12 (5) ABBA Gold
                          ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• UK Singles Sales Chart

4 (2) DSMD (#5 downloads, #3 physical)
                            5 (1) ISHFIY (#7 downloads, #2 physical)
                            Last edited by Benny; Fri September 17, 2021, 18:51.
                            ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• German Radio Airplay Chart

56 (217) DSMD
                              71 (249) ISHFIY

https://radiocharts.com/html/charts_de_main.htm
                              ABBA - The Survivor

Comment

• Another BPI award today.

Abba - Classic - Spectrum Music - Silver - Album - 17.09.2021 - 16.02.2009

Comment

• Sweden :

#4 (-3) Don't Shut Me Down
                                  #12 (-10) I Still Have Faith In You
                                  #63 (-26) Gimme ! Gimme ! Gimme !
                                  #67 (-37) Dancing Queen

#16 (-11) Voulez-Vous
                                  #28 (-16) Super Trouper
                                  #31 (-18) Arrival

Comment

• ABBA is back in the top 40 of the Billboard 200 albums chart for the first time in over three years, as the Swedish pop pioneers' Gold: Greatest Hits surges from No. 114 to No. 34 on the Sept. 18-dated survey.

The set vaults following the release of two new singles from the quartet on Sept. 2, the announcement of a forthcoming studio album – Voyage, its first in 40 years, due Nov. 5 – and a series of concerts in 2022.

Gold earned 15,000 equivalent album units in the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 9, up 61%, according to MRC Data. Of that sum, album sales comprise 5,000, also enabling the set's 33-11 jump on the Top Album Sales chart.

Gold was last in the top 40 of the Billboard 200 on the chart dated Aug. 11, 2018, when the set ranked at No. 40. It was last higher than on the latest list just one week earlier, when it placed at No. 25, its peak. Gold was released in 1993 in the U.S. and has spent 186 weeks on the chart in total.

On Catalog Albums, Gold rallies from No. 30 to No. 3. (The Catalog Albums chart ranks the most popular older albums of the week, generally defined as those at least 18-months old and no longer within the top 100 of the Billboard 200 chart.)

ABBA Goes Global: ABBA's two new songs previewing Voyage, "Don't Shut Me Down" and "I Still Have Faith in You," both bound onto the Billboard Global Excl. U.S. chart in the top 40: "Shut" at No. 26 and "Faith" at No. 37. The former starts with 13.9 million streams and 23,900 sold outside the U.S. in the week ending Sept. 9, while the latter opens with 14.1 million streams and 20,300 sold.

On the Billboard Global 200, "Shut" begins at No. 54 (15.4 million streams; 26,900 sold worldwide) and "Faith" enters at No. 62 (15.7 million streams; 22,600 sold).

Meanwhile, Back on the U.S. Charts: On the U.S. based Digital Song Sales chart, ABBA's 1977 Billboard Hot 100 No. 1 "Dancing Queen" is the group's top seller, re-entering at No. 19, a new best, with a 314% surge to 3,900 sold. "Shut" starts at No. 32 (3,000).

"We took a break in the spring of 1982 and now we've decided it's time to end it," ABBA said in a statement released Sept. 2. The group will return to live performances with its residency, ABBA Voyage, set to begin May 27, 2022, in London, in which the act's members will be depicted as avatars (aka, "ABBAtars"), circa 1979.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/b...-billboard-200

Comment

• Ireland :

#23 (-11) Don't Shut Me Down
                                      #67 (-49) I Still Have Faith In You

#08 (-3) (Gold - Greatest Hits
                                      #90 (-35) Voulez-Vous

Comment

• Billboard article

Those sales figures for the songs are tiny.

Outside US
                                        23, 900 for Shut
                                        20, 300 for Faith
                                        These I guess actual sales. The UK gives sales equivalents and its sales for both were higher than its global sales!

Faith has more streams - this will be down to having a video. On audio streams Shut let the way

Comment

• WALES
                                          Official Welsh Albums Chart: (100)
                                          (10/09/2021 - 16/09/2021)
                                          tw lw 2w album artist label woc

5 28 26 ABBA GOLD - GREATEST HITS
                                          Abba Polydor (2752259)

Comment

• Obviously the New ABBA Album is not going to perform anything like 'ABBA Gold', in the UK, and elsewhere.
                                            It is likely to perform more like 'The Visitors', although it may not have as short a Chart 'Run', as that Album.
                                            Even if it is not No.1 in November, there are 8 or 9 Weeks in December and January, for it to get there.

'The Visitors; sold around 4,500,000 in the 1980's, but it's more than that now. It has sold over 100,000 UK
                                            copies, in the last 9 Years, or so. The OCC told me this. Albums can sell - steadily - without having a Chart
                                            presence, every Week.

Elsewhere, some People are saying that the 2 Singles Peaked at No.9 and No.14, (UK), because they were
                                            'No good'. it is of no consequence how they may 'sound'. If they were twice as good, they'd still not have got
                                            into the UK Top 5. Streaming, (a lack of), works against 'Old' Acts, and they just cannot have big Hit Singles.
                                            Elton John is only in the Top 10 because Dua Lipa, is duetting on it with him. She is getting him the Streams
                                            that he needs. If it were a Solo Elton John Single, 'Cold Heart', would be nowhere near the Top 10.

Global Album Sales have collapsed, which is why Olivia Rodrigos 'Sour' is, (currently), the UK's Best Seller,
                                            of 2021 - on just 307,250 Sales. 'ABBA Gold' is 13th - 110,250 Sales. So, if 'Voyage' only sells 300,000, in
                                            the UK, it will still be in 2021's Top 5 Albums.

ABBA Christmas Single should do better, and hang around for a few Weeks. Christmas Songs get Millions
                                            of Streams. However, ABBA have to Release 'Little Things', as a Single, first. The fast decline, of the current
                                            2 Songs, may put them off Releasing any further Singles. We will see.

Zeus555

Comment

• Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
                                              Obviously the New ABBA Album is not going to perform anything like 'ABBA Gold', in the UK, and elsewhere.
                                              It is likely to perform more like 'The Visitors', although it may not have as short a Chart 'Run', as that Album.
                                              Even if it is not No.1 in November, there are 8 or 9 Weeks in December and January, for it to get there.

'.

ABBA Christmas Single should do better, and hang around for a few Weeks. Christmas Songs get Millions
                                              of Streams. However, ABBA have to Release 'Little Things', as a Single, first. The fast decline, of the current
                                              2 Songs, may put them off Releasing any further Singles. We will see.

Zeus555

1. Voyage will not be in contention for a #1 placing for 2 months. It will have one week, its debut. If Adele's album not released same week, maybe 2 week window.

It should though as you say be in the year end Top 5. I say Top 3. It will follow the trend of other new studio albums by veteran artists - high week one sales then sharp fall.

2. No more singles will be released. Why would they when you will have an album? Too much is expected of this Christmas song. We haven't heard it. The ones that do well are upbeat and positive and appeal to people not normally their fans.

Comment

• If there’s one thing I’ve learned recently it’s that the charts esp in the UK are for the young. The idea that the songs didn’t do better was because they were not good enough is just the diatribe of those who don’t like Abba mainly. To get a top 10 and top 15 placing I think it an achievement for Abba in the current circumstances. Most will be holding out for the album which is still No 1 on Amazon preorders.
                                                I think , providing Adele releases later in November, it will debut at No1 and just maybe get 2 weeks. I don’t think however it will re assert itself in the new year to such highs. If it misses No1 on its debut week it will not get another chance later on. 1 week week will suffice for me .
                                                I also think too much is being made of Little Things . It sounds from the tittle like it will be in the vein of Like an angel ... in the UK people go for the big bangers like Slade and wizard and Shakin Stevens . Last Christmas does well as a slower beat and Mary’s Boy Child but these are long established Xmas ditties It all remains to be seen it will have to be something special to get a No 1 which has been talked about.. I think it will be Gold that benefits from sales next year once the concerts are established

Comment

• It's not fair to talk about the singles going down in the charts as it's obvious that most people are waiting for the whole album. Having a top 10 placement in the UK and another #1 in Sweden is already a success.

Comment

• Originally posted by oye_up View Post
                                                    It's not fair to talk about the singles going down in the charts as it's obvious that most people are waiting for the whole album. Having a top 10 placement in the UK and another #1 in Sweden is already a success.
                                                    Their singles were no 1 and 2 on physical sales

Harks back to the good old days!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X