No announcement yet.

ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Both singles still selling well on Amazon Shut currently no4 and Faith no 6 . The album still selling well it has been the best seller for most of the last 4-5 weeks falling to the odd new entry at no 1 but then returning back to No1 . Since it’s initial over 80.000 it has continued to be strong . It will be boosted by tv advertisement probably the week prior to release and into the release week plus ..

Comment

• There is a rumour that members of ABBA could be featured in the next edition of German TV show 'Wetten, dass", which will air on November 6. If this is true then it would be the best promotion possible, as the show is very famous in Germany and always had huge numbers of viewers. It ended in 2014 but there will be a one-time special edition in November. Björn was already a guest on 'Wetten, dass' in 2013 and impressed everyone with his excellent German language skills:

Comment

• Germany Mid-Week

47 (67) Gold - Greatest Hits
        Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• AUSTRALIA
          ARIA Top 100 Albums
          Week Commencing 4th October 2021
          tw lw woc pk
          96 R/E 290 1 ABBA GOLD ABBA ▲ 17 UTV/UMA 1724732

Comment

• Originally posted by bonjovi81 View Post
            AUSTRALIA
            ARIA Top 100 Albums
            Week Commencing 4th October 2021
            tw lw woc pk
            96 R/E 290 1 ABBA GOLD ABBA ▲ 17 UTV/UMA 1724732
            Where can we find the Australian top 100 albums chart ?

Comment

• Ed Sheeran and Elton John are to release a Christmas single this year.

Ed Sheeran and Elton John are releasing a Christmas single (officialcharts.com)

Will they prevent Abba reaching no. 1?

Comment

• Yes.

Actually we don't know if any ABBA song will be released for Christmas or whether any Christmas themed song will be any good.

Comment

• Even without the Ed Sheeran / Elton John duet, I don't think that 'Little Things' will have a chance to reach number one. Songs like 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' and 'Last Christmas' are featured in every Christmas playlist on Spotify, and their streaming numbers will beat ABBA. Maybe 'Little Things' will reach number one in a few years if it becomes a Christmas classic, depending on how much the general public will like the song.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                    Even without the Ed Sheeran / Elton John duet, I don't think that 'Little Things' will have a chance to reach number one. Songs like 'All I Want for Christmas Is You' and 'Last Christmas' are featured in every Christmas playlist on Spotify, and their streaming numbers will beat ABBA. Maybe 'Little Things' will reach number one in a few years if it becomes a Christmas classic, depending on how much the general public will like the song.
                    Exactly, the quality of the song will be the dtermining factor. Even if the song is actually very good, Mariah's classic won't be dethroned just like this.

Comment

• I do hope there is no Xmas single from Abba . They have never gone in for that in the past . Happy New Year was album track but was a song purely about new year rather than Xmas who did that before ? I think the Xmas tradition is now set in stone mostly except for the Ladbaby phenomena thing. Little things will still be very new this year and wouldn’t do well as it’s on the album which will have sold its peak by then . Elton John doing yet another duet with a mega streamer will do well it will prob be a cover of his Step into Christmas

Comment

• Gold drops to #14 in album chart

Singles Chart - Shut drops to 73

Faith re-enters Vinyl Charts, climbs back up Physical and Download Chart. But in overall Sales Chart drops to #37. Shut falls to #26 in that chart.

Funny how ISHFIY climbs 3 sales charts but drops overall.

Comment

• More about the Recording of 'Voyage':

Some more reflections from Bernard Löhr in his work together with Abba!
                          40 years after Agnetha, Björn, Benny and Anni-Frid went their separate ways, the group is now reunited and releasing a new album.

Bernard Löhr from Karlskoga has handled the work in the studio and is the residents' tool in the pursuit of pop perfection. Previously, in close collaboration with Björn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson, he has recorded Abbasongs with, among others, Meryl Streep, Stellan Skarsgård, Cher and Colin Firth. Then to the "Mamma Mia!" movies. But it is only now that he has recorded Abba songs with Abba.

During the band's first heyday, that task was usually handled by sound genius Michael B. Tretow. Now it is Bernard Löhr from Värmland who bears the responsibility as sound and studio technician. He got to know Benny Andersson in the late 80's and has been Andersson's right hand man in the studio for many years. While working on the new album, Bernard has been the fifth in the room.

- It was a special feeling, Bernard Löhr begins.
                          - The recordings started with a song sketch from Benny, Bernard Löhr continues.
                          - Then we picked up musicians, from drums and guitar to strings, and together with Benny's finesse built up the songs. All work has been done at the National Mixing Agency and in Mono Music Studio, both on Skeppsholmen in Stockholm.

It all started in May 24, 2017. They began the recording of "I Still Have Faith in You" which also became the first single.
                          - When the music itself, the basics, have been finished, the girls, or women, I must say, have come in and put on their song. They really thought it was great fun.

From the beginning, only two songs were made without any direct plans for more.
                          - In January 2019, we continued with a few more songs and the rest are recorded this year."
                          - Agnetha and Anni-Frid had not sung together in over 35 years when they now sat opposite each other at each other Didrik De Geer microphone and I pressed the rec button.
                          But their voices sat together! Just like they always have.
                          That sound that their voices create together - that no one else has managed to recreate remained. It was both strange and fun to hear. A large part of the band's magic is in those voices, right?

- Mmm, that's it. Plus then of course the songs themselves. The sound of their voices together, there is nothing else that sounds like it. It is of course a very cool job to try to capture - record - that magic in the best possible way.
                          - But it's not just about the technical, it is important that those who are to sing or play feel comfortable in their role. That it sounds like they want in the headphones for example. Agnetha and Anni-Frid also want to be able to see each other when they sing, they sink through eye contact.
                          It was a bit nervous before everyone got started and felt comfortable.

It's 40 years since the band split - how was the atmosphere in the studio?
                          - It was probably as if the break never existed. Everyone thought it was very fun, everyone was involved and wanted to test new ideas and experiment. It was never just a song and then you went home. Everyone wanted it to be as good as possible.
                          - Mostly it was just the four of us in the studio, some dog sometimes.

Did you have an ambition to recreate a classic Abba sound or did you want it to sound here and now?
                          - No, I did not listen to the old records to keep that sound fresh in my memory. It is rather the sound that is in Benny's compositions. In addition, we use some musicians who were in the old days - guitarist Lasse Wellander and drummer Per Lindvall for example.
                          All in all, it probably gives an Abba sound no matter how we try to twist and turn it.
                          And when the voices come in, it will be Abba immediately.

As studio technicians, will you be Björn and Benny's tools when they have to carve out their ideas?

- Yes, that's it. I have worked with Benny for a very long time and usually know how he wants it. But he is also very impulsive in the studio, constantly coming up with new ideas. So for me, it is important to always be quick and open to new grips.
                          Have all four always been in the studio at the same time?
                          - Yes, when we have made a song order. Sometimes we have worked one by one with certain parties. But there are a lot of choirs and parts. Then they always sing at the same time. There is a lot of talk about Benny's role because he is responsible for most of the music, how would you describe Björn's role in these songs?
                          - He is involved all the time. I think his lyrics are divinely good on this record. There is an incredible amount of work behind it.
                          There is always a kind of story in the songs. Somehow I feel that the lyrics are often about themselves.

How have you experienced the enormous attention that the reunion, the album and the upcoming Abbatar show have garnered?
                          - I had a feeling it would be great. We met the record company, Universal, before the launch and they told us that this was the biggest thing they had done.
                          And the biggest thing they will do at all, because there is nothing that could be as big.
                          But that it would be this big ...

Was there any nervousness about how the new songs would be received?
                          - Yes of course. We thought many times during the work about how the reception would be. Most seem very positive.
                          "I Still Have Faith in You" I think is one of the best things Abba has done. And "Don't Shut Me Down" is very Abba-like.
                          It even has the galloping Benny piano.
                          - Haha yeah!
                          There are several winks to classic Abba grips on the album, I can reveal.

@@'@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Zeus555

Comment

• Austria Official Top 75
                            ABBA Gold Tw 24 Lw 22 WOC 549

Mamma Mia! Tw out Lw 74 WOC 129
                            Soundtrack Album
                            -------
                            Belgium Main Top 200 Album Chart
                            ABBA Gold Tw 37 Lw 73 WOC 211
                            ABBA Voulez Vous Tw 143 Lw 153 WOC 8
                            ABBA Super Trouper Tw out Lw 191 WOC 12

Mamma Mia! Tw 109 Lw 101 WOC 77
                            Soundtrack Album
                            --------
                            Irish Official Top 100 Album Chart
                            ABBA Gold Tw 7 Lw 7 WOC 664
                            -----
                            Sweden Album Chart Top 60
                            ABBA Voulez Vous Tw 55 Lw 41 - WOC 31
                            --------
                            Sweden Classical Album Chart Top 10
                            Benny Anderson 'Piano' Tw 2 Lw 2 WOC 81
                            ---------
                            Swiss Album Chart Top 100
                            ABBA Gold Tw 32 Lw 34 WOC 621
                            ---------
                            UK Main Albums Chart Top 100
                            ABBA Gold Tw 14 Lw 8 WOC 1014
                            --------
                            UK Official Albums Sales Chart Top 100
                            ABBA Gold Tw 15 Lw 7 WOC 320
                            --------
                            UK Official Soundtrack AlbumsTop 50
                            Mamma Mia!
                            Tw 6 - Lw 13 - WOC 692

Mamma Mia (Here we go again!)
                            Tw 23 - Lw 34 - WOC 169
                            -------
                            UK Official Music Video Chart Top 50
                            ABBA The Movie Tw 25 Lw 7 WOC 100

ABBA In Concert Tw 09 Lw 15 WOC 121

ABBA 16 Hits Tw 17 Lw 23 WOC 11

ABBA Gold Tw 22 Lw 41 WOC 236
                            --------

DUTCH ALBUM TOP 100
                            ABBA Voulez Vous Tw 87 Lw 74 WOC 54
                            -----
                            DUTCH VINYL 33
                            ABBA Gold Tw 21 Lw 24 WOC 36

Last edited by petrodav1452; Sat October 9, 2021, 08:47.
                            Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• Switzerland

40 (32) 622 Gold - Greatest Hits

Comment

• Amazon Best Sellers of 2021
                                UK: Voyage #4, #53, #84
                                Germany: Voyage #2, #23

Massive for an album that hasn't even been released yet.

Comment

• The above is fantastic news providing Sheeran is not in the top 3

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                    Amazon Best Sellers of 2021
                                    UK: Voyage #4, #53, #84
                                    Germany: Voyage #2, #23

Massive for an album that hasn't even been released yet.
                                    Voyage is #1 and #23 in Germany according to this: https://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/2021/music

Comment

• Greece

23 (RE) 52 Gold - Greatest Hits

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post

Voyage is #1 and #23 in Germany according to this: https://www.amazon.de/gp/bestsellers/2021/music
                                        It probably just became #1! Amazing.

Comment

• Abba have been dropped from Radio 2 playlist all together

Comment

• It is claimed that the next ABBA Single will be out Next Week.

It is ABBA's Re-Recording, of their 1978 Song 'Just A Notion'. That was
                                            partly, (1.38), Released in the October 1994 ABBA Box Set, 'Thank You
                                            For The Music'. ABBA allowed the Swedish ABBA Tribute Act - Arrival
                                            - to Release a complete 3.45 version, in 1999.

ABBA have Re-Recorded their 1978 Vocals, and added a New Backing Track.

Zeus555

Comment

• Well wow I do t know how o feel about the above news .. it made me nervous . Is a third single wise before the album release ? Is Just A Notion the best choice on there? I liked it but more as an album filler . If they’ve done something revival to bring it up to date maybe it could work .. I’m not sure ..

Comment

• I always thought Abba released too many singles in 1979 which helped develop a wearyness with the general public . I wasn’t over chuffed with DYMK and One of Us . Maybe best to allow time to pass until the album release

Comment

• Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
                                                  It is claimed that the next ABBA Single will be out Next Week.

It is ABBA's Re-Recording, of their 1978 Song 'Just A Notion'. That was
                                                  partly, (1.38), Released in the October 1994 ABBA Box Set, 'Thank You
                                                  For The Music'. ABBA allowed the Swedish ABBA Tribute Act - Arrival
                                                  - to Release a complete 3.45 version, in 1999.

ABBA have Re-Recorded their 1978 Vocals, and added a New Backing Track.

Zeus555
                                                  I've seen no such claims. I'm surprised.. Where did you get that information from ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                                                    Well wow I do t know how o feel about the above news .. it made me nervous . Is a third single wise before the album release ? Is Just A Notion the best choice on there? I liked it but more as an album filler . If they’ve done something revival to bring it up to date maybe it could work .. I’m not sure ..
                                                    I agree. To me 'Just a Notion' is not a song that stand outs but rather an album filler. But maybe they improved the new version compared to the old one.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X