No announcement yet.

ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At the risk of being called all kinds though I can’t imagine why they chose this track over a mature classy more adult song like Just Like That to do a rework on. My worry is that there are critics out there who will jump on this with glee . I think it’s a big mistake but there we go it will be what it is ..
    There are hints at a vid to accompany the song , I hope so .
    I can’t see it being anything new but something would be nice .

Comment

• Pretty sure critics - including ABBA fans will wonder why release as a single a track not good enough for Voulez Vous in 1979 but good enough for Voyage in 2021 albeit re-worked.

Were the other songs cobbled together?

Comment

• I’m sure I don’t know but lots of people think they do. I’ve listened to lots of people try to explain why it’s ok but I’m not in agreement with any of them .

Comment

• According to https://technotrenz.com/news/adeles-...m-1205017.html

After securing а record 111,000 “pre-sаles” for Voyаge, Abbа currently leаds the chаrt rаce.

WOW!

Comment

• Fantastic news!!

Comment

• It was 80,000 after 3 days. So an extra 31,000 isn't too impressive.

ABBA could lesd in sales but lose out with streaming

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                It was 80,000 after 3 days. So an extra 31,000 isn't too impressive.
                That article was dated 15th October and sales were probably to 11th or 12th October. So another 5 weeks to get an extra 31,000 orders.
                Last edited by brian05; Thu October 21, 2021, 15:14.

Comment

• But still it’s a record and still time to go with adverts and release week to come

Comment

• Yes. I guess so. Looks like sales of 200,000 plus in opening week is realistic. That is pure sales and not counting any streams.

Comment

• Just a Notion is at best average. No way is it single material.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                        Just a Notion is at best average. No way is it single material.
                        I really love it, so catchy and positive! I hope it charts!

Comment

• Jus heard JAN for first time on full il pleasantly surprised . I think the public will respond if it’s played it’s catchy and upbeat . Nice I like it

Comment

• Have listened to JAN a few times now, l know it was an incomplete song, discarded way back in time..as not good enough for release.
                            'Its one for the 'die hard Abba fans' Collection,' I believe; has a rarity, Definitely not Chart material, so it is not going to do well there, in my Opinion.

As a marketing tool, for 'Voyage' this would NOT of been my Strategy, I would of put this song has the B side to the First single vinyl release as a bonus. And l would of made sure, there was a great Visual Video to accompany the Brilliant DSMD.

As a fan favourite, they call it on Tw@tter.... Mine would be a re working of IKHSW, AYAM, or JLT, ithe latter being in line with Gemini's Version.

Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• ^petrodav1452

100% agree with you.

The song isn't very good. It won't chart high because
                              a) it isn't good
                              b) too near release of Voyage
                              c) lack of publicity

It will not help the release of Voyage at all. Indeed it should not have been released either as a single or album track. It is totally b side material.

Comment

• I won’t do well in charts I agree . Most people are waiting for the album some have expressed that and will not purchase it. It won’t have the novelty factor or the platform the previous 2 had . I would have preferred JLT but for some reason B and B have turned their backs on it which I will never get.

Comment

• If ISHFIY was about ABBA and DSMD about the fans then ABBA could have considered Just a Notion as B side of 'Faith' and Just Like That as b side of 'Shut'.

ABBA's marketing people keep saying JAN is a "fans' favourite". No, it isn't!

Comment

• The "fans" favourite is another Just-song. I really hope, after ISHFIY and DSMD, Just a notion is not the band's or the company's choice because they think, it's the third strongest song on the album.

I'm a little bit afraid of "Keep an eye on Dan" - Hope they kept Björn away from singing.

Comment

• Listened to this a few more times I really like it . It’s had great reactions so far and was in at 17 on uk iTunes . I know it’s not the best ever track but I don’t think they wanted to release another original from the album . It’s not as bad as being made out .

Comment

• I am not fully keen on 'Just A Notion'. I dislike the 'Remember You're A Womble' Intro, and the way the
                                        Singing is so 'crowded together', ('dense'), in parts, that you cannot make out the Lyrics.

Already, it looks like it will not be anything like the UK Hit, that the 2 previous Singles were. It has taken
                                        several hours to reach No.17, in the UK Downloads Chart. Not very good, when it does not take big Sales,
                                        to reach the Top 10, of that Chart. It does not look as if it will do much outside the UK, either.

It was just Released to bring more attention to 'Voyage', and it was not meant to be a Global Hit Single.
                                        It is with 'Voyage', that ABBA will do very well. Not with Singles.

Zeus555

Comment

• Yep I agree with the above . Voyage won’t suffer at all for the release of this track . I have to remind myself that Abba are far outside their era now .

Comment

• Just a Notion uk iTunes. No 5 now

Comment

• It’s up there with Adele , Coldplay etc fab

Comment

• Just a Notion currently #5 in British and German itunes charts...

Comment

• Of course we all want JAN to do well in the Charts, and many people's comments are favourable!! Of it . Maybe a grower., and currently No.1 in the Netherlands! On iTunes, and 3 in Sweden! Where the 2 Singles Charted very well, DSMD reaching the Top Spot on their offical Single Chart Sverigetopplistan
                                                  Last edited by petrodav1452; Fri October 22, 2021, 11:00.
                                                  Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• Selected itunes chart placings

#1 The Netherlands
                                                    #3 Sweden
                                                    #4 Switzerland
                                                    #5 UK
                                                    #5 Germany
                                                    #8 Denmark
                                                    #8 Finland
                                                    #10 Australia

Comment

Working...
                                                    X