Increases since previous day:
    +32,998 CDs
    +15,632 Vinyl
    +927 Cassettes
    +567 Streaming
    +493 Downloads
    WOW!

Comment

• What fantastic figures. So this will mean what in terms of how big an opening week ?
      would have been nice a NO 1 on the US but a NO2 is more than anyone expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
        From BuzzJack:

ABBA Tuesday update - 168,591. Wow!

It’s now outsold Ed’s album, which is on 27,337 this week which takes his total to 166,459.
        Tuesday update...so sales including Tuesday?

Nomore - biggest opening week for 4 years. Could top 200k. In one week sold more than Ed in his two weeks. Let's hope some left for week 2!
        Last edited by Nameless; Wed November 10, 2021, 07:04.

Comment

• And to think I worried it wouldn’t make it .it’s bigger than I expected by far. It’s really taken off. I wondered if sales would stall after the initial release because most people would have preordered . Looks like it will continue to sell with some strength .

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
            Tuesday update...so sales including Tuesday?

Nomore - biggest opening week for 4 years. Could top 200k. In one week sold more than Ed in his two weeks. Let's hope some left for week 2!
            No. 4 days. Friday to Monday. 3 days left.
            Today's midweek update will include Tuesday's sales.

It should definitely reach 200k.

Comment

• BBC
              just read Frida is on the Zoe Ball show BBC radio 2 tomorrow morning . Tried to copy paste but wouldn’t take the link... I’m sure we will herar more
              Last edited by Nomore; Wed November 10, 2021, 07:40.

Comment

• confirmed Frida is on Zoe Ball tomorrow

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                  BBC
                  just read Frida is on the Zoe Ball show BBC radio 2 tomorrow morning . Tried to copy paste but wouldn’t take the link... I’m sure we will herar more
                  Omg omg OMfG . so she is!!! What a return.
                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• The ABBA documentary on German TV channel Vox last night has led to a sales increase for ABBA's music on iTunes. 10 ABBA-related albums are in the top 100, including 3 albums in the top 6!

German iTunes

1 = ABBA - Voyage
                    3 +2 ABBA - ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits (40th Anniversary Edition)
                    6 +2 ABBA - ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits
                    25 +16 Benny Andersson - Piano
                    32 +43 ABBA - More ABBA Gold
                    41 +40 ABBA - The Visitors (Bonus Track Version)
                    64 NEW ABBA - The Essential Collection
                    66 NEW ABBA - Thank You For The Music
                    84 NEW Benny Andersson, Björn Ulvaeus, Meryl Streep & Amanda Seyfried - Mamma Mia! (The Movie Soundtrack feat. the Songs of ABBA) [Bonus Track Version]
                    96 NEW ABBA - ABBA: The Album

Comment

• Was it a new doc or just a repeated one ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                        Was it a new doc or just a repeated one ?
                        I didn't watch it but I think it was a repeated one.

Comment

• German Midweeks

Albums
                          1 (NEW) Voyage
                          16 (85) Gold
                          25 (52) The Albums

https://www.mtv.de/info/xx6dav/midweek-album-top100

Singles

21 (RE) Don't Shut Me Down
                          23 (RE) I Still Have Faith in You
                          39 (RE) Just a Notion

https://www.mtv.de/info/wn54y3/midweek-single-top100

Comment

• I really hope we get some German sales news. This just seems massive.

Comment

• Also I know iTunes is like dead but I’m personally very happy that Voyage is #1 in Canada on its 6th day of release. Was not expecting that. Really hope they can manage a #1 on the official charts.

Comment

Also I know iTunes is like dead but I’m personally very happy that Voyage is #1 in Canada on its 6th day of release. Was not expecting that. Really hope they can manage a #1 on the official charts.
                                Yes it would be still tremendous to see it at no.1
                                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by autumnwind View Post

Sigh.

No us no.1 for the legend.
                                  this is just sad. Its not right.
                                  Summer who??? Such a shameful blocking. Why did she or he have to do this? Shame.
                                  Not right? She has every right to release her album when she wants to. It's not as if they were close to 1. Number 2 is a great result anyway for them.
                                  Will be interesting to see their week 2 in the UK.
                                  Zero tolerance for : bigotry, racism, wilful ignorance.
                                  Pronouns: He / Him

Comment

Also I know iTunes is like dead but I’m personally very happy that Voyage is #1 in Canada on its 6th day of release. Was not expecting that. Really hope they can manage a #1 on the official charts.
                                    The CD and cassette are finally in stock on Amazon Canada. i think they were out of stock from Friday to Tuesday. I don’t know if they were ever in stock.

Voyage is nowhere to be found on the Best Sellers list. I hope sales pick up now.

Spread the word to Canadian fans!

Comment

• Originally posted by illegalaccess View Post
                                      The CD and cassette are finally in stock on Amazon Canada. i think they were out of stock from Friday to Tuesday. I don’t know if they were ever in stock.

Voyage is nowhere to be found on the Best Sellers list. I hope sales pick up now.

Spread the word to Canadian fans!
                                      Yeah for whatever reason, Voyage has never had an Amazon ranking which seems like a bug because even albums in the 10000s are ranked lol and I’m sure Voyage is selling at least decently.

Comment

• Originally posted by AnderF10 View Post
                                        Japan (Oricon)

Physical Albums
                                        4 (NEW) Voyage (11,668)
                                        16 (NEW) Voyage with "ABBA GOLD" (2,502)
                                        +
                                        167 (RE) 20 GOLD (2009 edition) (277/6,652)
                                        177 (RE) 56 ABBA 40/40 Best (266/24,375)

Combo Chart
                                        4 (NEW) Voyage (12,814)
                                        34 (NEW) Voyage with "ABBA GOLD" (2,502)

Digital Albums
                                        2 (NEW) Voyage (1,004)
                                        20 (RE) ABBA Gold (263/10,395)

Comment

• RE: ABBA and US Charts

#2 on "official" chart ie BILLBOARD TOP 200 is a brilliant result. ABBA have never had a TOP 10 album in America

#1 on the Sales Chart!

The UK and US have similar, but not identical methods of compiling the album charts.

Fact is ABBA is more popular in the UK Just on sales, Voyage will sell twice as much in UK than US, in opening week, despite a fifth of the population.

Getting back original point, #2 in the US is incredible - given it was not a major source of chart sucess for ABBA during their career.

Comment

• Great debuts in Japan!

Also:

Billboard Japan Hot Overseas Songs Chart:

11 (18) 2 Just A Notion (#19 on radio airplay)

Comment

• ABBA are outselling the rest of the UK Top 40 albums combined, it has been reported.

ABBA’s new album “Voyage” accrued 318,000 sales over the weekend. It is already the biggest selling physical release, along being the biggest selling first week release (physical and digital) of 2021.

Should “Voyage” reach number one on November 12, it will become the band’s tenth UK Number One record.

Is this real?

https://www.nova.ie/abba-voyage-albu...mbined-213034/

Comment

• It was 118 000 over the weekend not the number you have stated but is now nearly 170.900 and yes outselling the whole top 40 combined

Comment

• Sorry 170.000

Comment

• I just copied and pasted that, it wasn't what I wrote.

It will drop hard in the second week, people need to realise that. Its nothing personal, its just the way it is these days but should hold up over Christmas.
                                                    Last edited by Rockintunesbaby; Wed November 10, 2021, 17:31.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X