ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
    How can When You Danced With Me enter the UK charts but is sold less than I Can Be That Woman? Video streaming? Audio streaming? I have noticed a few odd things like this before.
    Maybe radio airplay. This song is being played every day in Germany.

Comment

• Originally posted by TfromBinG View Post
      If I'm correct even in Italy is Voyage their highest position for a studio album with #6.
      Yes. 'Voyage's No.6 Position in Italy, is ABBA's highest, for a Studio Album there.
      'ABBA' was a No.9 Album. 'Super Trouper' reached No.10. ABBA's highest Peak,
      in the Italian Album Chart, was No.2 for 'Gold' in 1992.

Zeus555

Comment

• I know people don’t like I Can Be That woman but it was the first to grab me and pull me in ... it is gritty and real and something new for Abba with its “screw you” sentiment to of middle aged relationships floundering on alcohol and missed chances. The dog inclusion added to the childless situation and was especially poignant .
        I love When You Danced With me it’s so rich and affluent with its melody and charm but a dose of reality was most welcome also the diversity here is breathtaking and even the critics didn’t get that .

Comment

• Nomore - I Can Be That Woman too. It is VERY Country. It would be nice seeing it do well in the US Country charts!

Graves - thanks for info on French sales.

Lautert - radio play not included in UK Charts. So probably dowm to Streaming.

Voyage did better in Italy and France than I expected.

That's me finished for rhe day Voyage chart watching. Having my dinner, a beer or two and playing Voyage.

Night all.

Comment

• UK

ABBA - Voyage
            (Polar Music/Polydor)
            This week’s sales: 203,909 | Physical: 182,566 | Downloads: 16,626 |
            Streams: 4,717 | Total sales to date: 203,909 |

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...1#post10758370

Comment

• In France, with sales of 38.598 (37.500 of which were physical and digital), 'Voyage' had the third highest opening week of the year after Les Enfoirés (118.000 sales - "A côté de vous") et SCH (63.000 sales - "JVLIVS II").

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Abba/news-119405.html

This is also their first studio allbum to ever hit number one in France.
              Last edited by Benny; Fri November 12, 2021, 19:27.

Comment

• Thanks Nameless always appreciate your input . Have a great night

Comment

• With 'Voyage' at No.1 and 'Gold' at No.9, ABBA have 2 simultaneous
                  UK Top 10 Albums, for the 1st time in almost 45 Years.

The 2 1977 Albums, were at the same Positions, as the 2 2021 Albums.

W/E 21st May 1977 -- (44 Years and 6 Months ago)

No.1 -- 'Arrival'

No.9 -- 'Greatest Hits'

So, in both cases, the No.1 ABBA Album, was a Studio one, and the No.9 Album was a 'Hits' one.

Zeus555

Comment

• Amazing stats Zeus ... history on repetition

Comment

• Voyage has gone up to no. 2 in UK iTunes chart.

Comment

• Incredible first week sales!

Comment

• Hits Daily Double's final US predictions:
                          LW TW ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL TOTAL CHANGE ALBUMS TEA SEA
                          -- 1 SUMMER WALKER | STILL OVER IT
                          LVRN/INTERSCOPE
                          177,470 -- 12,605 980 163,886
                          -- 2 ABBA | VOYAGE
                          CAPITOL
                          79,042 -- 74,884 391 3,767
                          https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

Great figures, hoping for 80K on Billboard's final report.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger View Post
                            Hits Daily Double's final US predictions:
                            LW TW ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL TOTAL CHANGE ALBUMS TEA SEA
                            -- 1 SUMMER WALKER | STILL OVER IT
                            LVRN/INTERSCOPE
                            177,470 -- 12,605 980 163,886
                            -- 2 ABBA | VOYAGE
                            CAPITOL
                            79,042 -- 74,884 391 3,767
                            https://hitsdailydouble.com/sales_plus_streaming

Great figures, hoping for 80K on Billboard's final report.
                            So on physical sales Abba lead by a high margin!

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlocc71 View Post

So on physical sales Abba lead by a high margin!
                              Their biggest challenge in the USA was streaming, but they will be for sure #1 on the sale charts, although number #2 in the general one..

Comment

• About Germany, I remember reading in another forum the 200k info days before and no one believed on the guy, someone even commented about here and it turned out to be true

Comment

• Originally posted by lautert View Post
                                  About Germany, I remember reading in another forum the 200k info days before and no one believed on the guy, someone even commented about here and it turned out to be true
                                  Yes but the info wasn't 100% correct though. It said:
                                  Originally posted by arab View Post
                                  Someone on Buzzjack posted that Voyage is the first album in history with 200k+ copies sold in 1 day in Germany. Can anyone confirm this?
                                  That was on Monday. The figure of 200k+ turned out to be true but for the whole week not one day.

Comment

• Legends only

Comment

• Pleasantly surprised at the #1 in France, I was convinced they’d get screwed over by streaming.

Italy never having been a particularly strong market for ABBA makes no sense to me? Surely they like pop?

Comment

• Originally posted by lautert View Post

Their biggest challenge in the USA was streaming, but they will be for sure #1 on the sale charts, although number #2 in the general one..
                                        Great achievement
                                        not complaining, streaming is here
                                        They sold so much more albums than the official no 1
                                        Very pleased

Comment

• New Zealand
                                          1 (NEW) Voyage

Comment

• My initial prediction for ABBA was 200k+. I was heavily confused when I saw Ed Sheeran's numbers, and had doubts whether that prediction for ABBA was still realistic. Therefore, I'm extremely pleased to see ABBA actually being able to score such high numbers in the UK, which, ironically, is the best weekly result since Ed Sheeran's 'Divide'.
                                            Saying that you don't know what to answer? That's fine.
                                            Saying that you don't have the time to answer at the moment? That's OK.
                                            Not answering at all? Ouch... Biggest communicative fail you can do.

Comment

• Do we know numbers for Sweden? I’m curious about their home country
                                              “B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!”

“I’m staying right here.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                                                Amazing stats Zeus ... history on repetition
                                                The History book on the shelf is always repeating itself indeed.
                                                Last edited by autumnwind; Sat November 13, 2021, 04:03.
                                                Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                                                  In France, with sales of 38.598 (37.500 of which were physical and digital), 'Voyage' had the third highest opening week of the year after Les Enfoirés (118.000 sales - "A côté de vous") et SCH (63.000 sales - "JVLIVS II").

http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Abba/news-119405.html

This is also their first studio allbum to ever hit number one in France.
                                                  The first no.1 in france is absolutely fabulous. I thought their voulez vous went up to no.1. But maybe didn't?
                                                  finally no.1 in france.
                                                  Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                                    Pleasantly surprised at the #1 in France, I was convinced they’d get screwed over by streaming.

Italy never having been a particularly strong market for ABBA makes no to me? Surely they like pop?
                                                    In the 70s, ABBA went to Italy once or twice for promotion and apparently everything was so chaotic there that they didn't bother to return. They never had neither a number one album nor a number one single, their biggest hit was 'SOS' which peaked at number 2 in 1976.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X