UK
    2 (1) 2 Voyage - 44,053 sales
    2-week Voyage total: 247,962.

+
    14 (9) 1020 Gold - Greatest Hits
    93 (49) 8 Don't Shut Me Down

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
      Although I want to believe that 1 mio copies were sold in the first week I think that wolfmother's estimate of 850k is more realistic. I think that the record company rounded the 850k or 900k up to a million to make it sound more impressive.
      I agree with you, but I also believe it is possible that the album really reached 1M as we don't know how much it sells in many territories.

Comment

• I Pre-Ordered the 'Little Things' CD from Amazon UK. It is 3.99. I Ordered 3 copies.
        One for myself and 2 as Gifts. You are not allowed to Order more than 3 Copies, as
        I'd have sent more as Gifts, if you could.

Zeus555

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
          Although I want to believe that 1 mio copies were sold in the first week I think that wolfmother's estimate of 850k is more realistic. I think that the record company rounded the 850k or 900k up to a million to make it sound more impressive.
          I don't think it's a rounded figure but the shipment figure.
          The initial shipment of the album worldwide was probably a million copies on 1st week. Labels have always used shipped copies to talk about worldwide sales as it's impossible to track real sold copies in each and every country.

I'm sure they have sold that million now counting weeks 1 and 2, so the label will have definitely shipped more copies by now.

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05 View Post

As Alan Jones in Music Week in September 2009 explained,

"In 1994, it was issued in a slipcase with Greatest Hits II and in 2000 with Greatest Hits II and Greatest Hits III. As these packages contain the original albums, the decision was made, right or wrong, to share out the sales pro rata. As Greatest Hits I, II and III together have sold 1,680,000, individual tallies for all three have been allocated an extra 560,000 sales.

By the same token, Greatest Hits I and II’s combined sales of 132,000 have been split, with an extra 66,000 being added to each. Taking all this into consideration, Greatest Hits has sold a massive 5,780,000 copies. Greatest Hits II, eighth on the list, has sold 3,840,000 copies".

So Greatest Hits got an extra 626,000 sales.
            It still means people are buying it.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Rockintunesbaby;n10764594]

Both ABBA and Queen have had huge amounts of publicity over the last 20 years. For ABBA with the Mamma Mia musical and movie and for Queen with the We will rock you production and Bohemian Rhapsody film. ABBA got in on it first and so have had a longer period as well to build up sales.

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post

I don't think it's a rounded figure but the shipment figure.
                The initial shipment of the album worldwide was probably a million copies on 1st week. Labels have always used shipped copies to talk about worldwide sales as it's impossible to track real sold copies in each and every country.

I'm sure they have sold that million now counting weeks 1 and 2, so the label will have definitely shipped more copies by now.
                Yes it could also be the shipment figure, that makes sense as well!

Comment

• I also think that 1 million is shipment. It will sell over 1 million by 2nd week but 1st week probably about 850k.

Record companies do this. We were told Gold sold 140k in first 14 hours in the UK. It took several days.

Likewise told it sold 200k in Germany in a day, no it took 7 days.

Universal are also saying 400 million sales foe ABBA which is a gross exaggeration.

Big drop down the Billboard Top 200 expected. Bur looks like more.modest drop within Sales Chart.

Bigger than expected drop 1 to 6 in New Zealand
                  Last edited by Nameless; Sat November 20, 2021, 13:18.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockintunesbaby View Post

It still means people are buying it.
                    But sales are counted twice. And certified twice by BPI. If you separate the CDs in Platinum Collection 3 ways and re-distribute them then PC ends up with zero sales. That’s logical.

This did not happen with any other artist e.g. the Beatles stereo and mono box sets.

It was a poor decision by the OCC but they won’t admit it.

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05 View Post

But sales are counted twice. And certified twice by BPI. If you separate the CDs in Platinum Collection 3 ways and re-distribute them then PC ends up with zero sales. That’s logical.

This did not happen with any other artist e.g. the Beatles stereo and mono box sets.

It was a poor decision by the OCC but they won’t admit it.
                      Man let’s not get worked up about an ABBA vs Queen thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nost View Post
                        https://beta.musikwoche.de/details/465993
                        205,000 first week in Germany ! (official)
                        The link says 220k, not 205k though.

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

The link says 220k, not 205k though.
                          They changed the figure. The first version of the article said 205k.

Comment

• I see, thanks. Maybe 50k in week 2? What do you think?

Comment

• Voyage UK sales are clearly CD dominant.

#2 Sales
                              #2 Physical
                              #3 Download
                              #8 Vinyl
                              #27 Streaming (#3 last week)

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                                I see, thanks. Maybe 50k in week 2? What do you think?
                                Yes, 50k in Germany could be possible. It sold 44k in the UK.

Comment

• Current streaming numbers of the 10 songs from 'Voyage' on Spotify:

Don't Shut Me Down 34,93 mio
                                  I Still Have Faith in You 21,46 mio
                                  Just a Notion 6,43 mio
                                  When You Danced with Me 4,89 mio
                                  Little Things 3,50 mio
                                  Keep an Eye on Dan 3,42 mio
                                  I Can Be That Woman 3,35 mio
                                  Bumblebee 2,92 mio
                                  Ode to Freedom 2,72 mio
                                  No Doubt About It 2,71 mio

Total 86,33 mio

Comment

• Still don’t understand why ‘No doubt about it’ is last on all streaming platforms (even the lyric videos). Frida delivers a good vocal.
                                    Last edited by Askforsnow; Sat November 20, 2021, 20:40.

Comment

• 'Voyage' has become ABBA's most successful Global No.1 Album. Beating the
                                      No.1 Positions of 'Arrival', which was ABBA's previous Worldwide No.1 Studio
                                      Album. Even beating the No.1 Countries for 'ABBA Gold', which was No.1 in
                                      over a Dozen Countries.

The 'Daily Mail' has done an Article about the Global success of 'Voyage'.

I always read the 'DM' Comments, under ABBA Articles, as they can be quite interesting.
                                      You get those who hate ABBA, and those who love ABBA. It is quite a contrast.

A few Weeks ago, the 'Daily Mail' Music 'Expert' made a huge - laughable - error, about
                                      ABBA. He totally misunderstood the History of UK Sales Awards. It was so amateur. I
                                      Commented about his error, beneath the Article/Review.

BELOW -- LINK TO THE EXTREMELY FOOLISH 'DAILY MAIL' 'VOYAGE' REVIEW

link

BELOW -- LINK -- TO THE 'DAILY MAIL' ARTICLE ON 'VOYAGE'S GLOBAL SUCCESS

link

Zeus555

Comment

• Belgium Flanders
                                        1 (1) 2 Voyage

Belgium Wallonia
                                        1 (1) 2 Voyage

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                          Belgium Flanders
                                          1 (1) 2 Voyage

Belgium Wallonia
                                          1 (1) 2 Voyage
                                          +
                                          Belgium Flanders
                                          53 (65) 218 Gold - Greatest Hits
                                          194 (140) 12 Voulez-Vous

Belgium Wallonia
                                          68 (118) 144 Gold - Greatest Hits

Comment

• Originally posted by Askforsnow View Post
                                            Still don’t understand why ‘No doubt about it’ is last on all streaming platforms (even the lyric videos). Frida delivers a good vocal.
                                            Me neither. I know the lyrics are hard to sing along but it's a really catchy song!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                              Belgium Flanders
                                              1 (1) 2 Voyage

Belgium Wallonia
                                              1 (1) 2 Voyage
                                              This is great!!! So the album held the #1 position in Germany, Sweden, the Netherlands and Belgium! And it's really difficult to see both charts sharing something on top!

Comment

• USA Actual Album Sales (derived from Top 50 SPS Chart)

Chart Date: 11/19/2021 (WEEK ENDING: 11/18/2021)

MARKETSHARE: UMG 69% WMG 17% SME 12% OTHERS 2%
                                                LW TW ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL ALBUMS
                                                -- 1 TAYLOR SWIFT | RED (TAYLOR'S VERSION)
                                                REPUBLIC
                                                -- 2 TWICE | FORMULA OF LOVE: 3
                                                JYP/IMPERIAL/REPUBLIC
                                                -- 3 BRUNO MARS, ANDERSON .PAAK & SILK SONIC | AN EVENING WITH SILK SONIC
                                                AFTERMATH/ATLANTIC
                                                U 4 NIRVANA | NEVERMIND
                                                GEFFEN
                                                -- 5 JASON ALDEAN | MACON
                                                BROKEN BOW
                                                D 6 ABBA | VOYAGE
                                                CAPITOL

U 7 PRINCE | PURPLE RAIN

WARNER
                                                U 8 TAYLOR SWIFT | FEARLESS (TAYLOR'S VERSION)
                                                REPUBLIC

Top 8 are definitive. Remainder are ranked based on reported sales in Top 50 SPS Chart. Sales either went U(p), D(own), or stayed the S(ame) compared to last week.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...7#post10765296

Comment

• Finland

01 (01) 02 Voyage
                                                  Madonna is The most successful and influential female artist of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjavier1978 View Post
                                                    Finland

01 (01) 02 Voyage
                                                    Yeeeees!! 5th country where it remains on top for the second week! (6th if we separate the two Belgiums).

Comment

Working...
                                                    X