Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Czech Republic:

    Voyage 3 (4) 7


    Greece:

    Voyage 3 (1) 8
    Gold 4 (3) 61

    Comment


    • Year end ranking Netherlands:

      Voyage #4 (behind Adele, Olivia Rodrigo and Justin Bieber)

      https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/entertai...album-van-2021

      Comment


      • Sweden:

        Voyage 1 (1) 8

        Little things 69 (62) 5

        ABBA-related:

        Lova - Happy new year 60 (65) 5 - this version is not my cup of tea

        Comment


        • Originally posted by TfromBinG View Post
          Year end ranking Netherlands:

          Voyage #4 (behind Adele, Olivia Rodrigo and Justin Bieber)

          https://www.rtlboulevard.nl/entertai...album-van-2021
          With 70% of 30’s sales. https://dutchcharts.nl/jaaroverzicht...ear=2021&cat=a

          Thought Voyage would be #2 but it was close and the other albums were out much longer.

          Comment


          • I'm quite surprised with the year-end #04 position in the Netherlands. Reportedly, Voyage had at least 40k pre-order sales in there and its chart run was incredible. That's still an incredible performance, but I myself thought they'd be either #01 or #02.

            Comment


            • Probably Adele had huge pre-order numbers on her own. I haven't followed chart news about her that much. And like musicLover88 wrote: OR and JB both have already long chart runs. Making #4 in a year end ranking with only 8 weeks on charts is absolutly great!

              Comment


              • Concerning the dutch sales of Voyage I made a little calculation:

                Voyage sold 70% of what 30 did. The number 6 on the dutch year end ranking - a dutch rapper called Snelle made 51% of 30. Snelle received platinum for his album (40k). He probably sold more by the end of 2021, but when 40k are 51% of what Adele did, so 30 sold at least round 80k. 70% of 80k is 56k for Voyage. I'd put it at 60k at least.

                Comment


                • https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...s-25832650.amp

                  click on link above to see Noel Gallagher rant about Abba tar concerts.
                  but then says he wouldn’t tour in his 70s
                  Last edited by Nomore; Mon January 3, 2022, 19:06.

                  Comment


                  • Yes the Netherlands have always been one of Adele’s biggest markets (which is saying a lot considering how big she is everywhere lol). Not surprised she’s 1.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by TfromBinG View Post
                      Concerning the dutch sales of Voyage I made a little calculation:

                      Voyage sold 70% of what 30 did. The number 6 on the dutch year end ranking - a dutch rapper called Snelle made 51% of 30. Snelle received platinum for his album (40k). He probably sold more by the end of 2021, but when 40k are 51% of what Adele did, so 30 sold at least round 80k. 70% of 80k is 56k for Voyage. I'd put it at 60k at least.
                      I would be surprised if 30 did less than 100k in the Netherlands, which is the equivalent of 385k in the UK, going by the size of their population.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by wolfmother View Post

                        I would be surprised if 30 did less than 100k in the Netherlands, which is the equivalent of 385k in the UK, going by the size of their population.
                        That should be fine with me! The more 30 sold, the more is 70% of it for Voyage!

                        Comment


                        • UK YEC

                          “In third place are ABBA with their first album of new material in 40 years, Voyage, which has shifted 400,000 chart sales in 2021, validation for one of the most exciting comeback campaigns of the year. ABBA are second only to Adele in terms of pure sales - 387,000 sales makes Voyage the second best-selling album of 2021. Don't Shut Me Down, the biggest hit from Voyage, became ABBA's first Top 10 single since One Of Us in 1982. It was streamed 2.3 million times in its opening week.”

                          Gold is #13.

                          https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...f-2021__34858/

                          Comment


                          • Good news for Voyage. Almost all its sales are Pure Sales - Physical/Download.


                            Best seller on vinyl
                            #2 on Pure Sales and undoubtedly Physical Sales.

                            Comment


                            • First UK midweek update for this week:

                              Voyage 3

                              Gold 8

                              no sales figures known

                              Comment


                              • Thanks for the midweek update. This is great news for both albums . Can’t see any reason for it changing by end of week ..

                                Comment


                                • Spain
                                  37 (32) 8 Voyage

                                  Comment


                                  • Belgium Flanders YEC
                                    Voyage #1
                                    Gold #38

                                    Belgium Wallonia YEC
                                    Voyage #3
                                    Gold #156

                                    Comment


                                    • Austria
                                      1 (1) 7 Voyage
                                      17 (21) 519 Gold

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by MusicLover88 View Post
                                        Austria
                                        1 (1) 7 Voyage
                                        17 (21) 519 Gold
                                        Austria is now the country with the most weeks at #1 for Voyage (4) - after Sweden, of course!

                                        Comment


                                        • Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                                          Thanks for the midweek update. This is great news for both albums . Can’t see any reason for it changing by end of week ..
                                          Number 4 is Little Mix. Their album has rosen strongly. Hope, their fuel ran out by now.

                                          Comment


                                          • All in all, ABBA have sold very close to one million records, downloads or whatsoever 2021 in the UK. The 745.000 albums lately reported plus 100k for DSMD, 70k for ISHFIY plus 50k or 60k or more (?) for JAN and LT together.

                                            Comment


                                            • It’s a brilliant achievement . I dared not hope Voyage would possibly be up to no 3 in the new year week. Does anyone have asked figures for the top 5 . Hope Voyage holds on to 3 . Don’t know if there are any big releases this Friday but it’s looking good for a few more weeks in the Top 10

                                              Comment


                                              • On the Buzzjack forum they hope for sales figures given by today's evening. The sales won't be that high this week, I presume, due to bank holiday and traditional low sales at the beginning of a new year.

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                                                  It’s a brilliant achievement . I dared not hope Voyage would possibly be up to no 3 in the new year week. Does anyone have asked figures for the top 5 . Hope Voyage holds on to 3 . Don’t know if there are any big releases this Friday but it’s looking good for a few more weeks in the Top 10
                                                  Let's hope so

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Does anyone have the mid week charts link?

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X