X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TfromBinG View Post

It's Voyage's 8th week:

https://plotutidindi.is/tonlistinn/

I corrected the position. It's 34, not 31. Voyage had first a seven week chart run, then dropped off and re-entered now for a total of 8 weeks.
    8th week in the chart, yes, and that what the chart refers to. But it is out of a possible 9 weeks. First 7 in chart, 1 outside, 1 re-entry. See?

Australian sales: their population is about a third of the UK's - so proportionately 135k. But in reality 35k ish.

Sales are disappointing outside Europe and indeed in some European countries.

i am glad of its German and British sales - and still Top 3 in both countries.
    Last edited by Nameless; Sun January 9, 2022, 23:24.

Comment

And Ireland seems to be very stingy with certifications. I just googled Dermont Kennedy (never heard or read of him before) and his album that made #2 on the Irish year end ranking. Beside the fact that he sold 7k within a week in 2019 when this album was released, there's no hint about what it has sold so far. No certification.
      His album is the biggest thing since sliced bread there. More than 2 years in the top 10, 24 weeks alone at No. 1, year end top 5 in 2019, 2020 and 2021.

Comment

• As long as Voyage is still charting here and there - and may the sales be low now - I'm quite happy. There's a german saying: The amount comes at the end (abgerechnet wird zum Schluss).

Comment

• UK:

Gimme Gimme Gimme: Platinum (Platinum for digital Sales 600k, + the original 450k = 1,05 mill totale sales)

OST Mamma mia: 6×Platinum
          Last edited by TfromBinG; Mon January 10, 2022, 09:39.

Comment

• Probably today Dancing Queen will pass the 650 million mark on Spotify.

Comment

UK:

Gimme Gimme Gimme: Platinum (Platinum for digital Sales 600k, + the original 450k = 1,05 mill totale sales)

OST Mamma mia: 6×Platinum
              Just over a million is right. Last year the OCC while not giving sn extact figure for GGG suggested it was between 681k and 766k - clearly an under-estimation

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-songs__26113/

Comment

Australian' certifications seem to be confusing. If you look at the actual position 46 you'll find the latest album by Little Mix. Previous week's position was 42, peak position was 8 and the album has charted for 7 seven weeks by now. And it got platinum!
                Yes, you are right, I had no idea that Australian certifications are such a mess! Albums by Drake or The Weeknd are not certified despite excellent chart runs whereas Pitbull's 'Greatest Hits' which only peaked at number 40 is certified gold. So it doesn't mean anything if 'Voyage' has no certification.

Let's see how 'Voyage' will do in Australia's year-end chart of 2021!

Comment

• USA Top Albums SPS 2021 (until week 52)

145 ABBA Gold 414k (pure sales = 160k)

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10800806

Comment

• We know incredibly hard to get figures..but..
                    Just out of curiosity..

We know that DSMD has sold in region of 110,000 ,in the UK, which isnt bad considering the state of the charts these days... However has it out sold TYFTM ? which only made number 33 in the UK and is often cited as the 20th best selling single.... I have doubts myself.. Also...HOH, UA bigger hits position wise and longer on the charts, then you have the perennial favorite TDBYC......
                    Anyone know those lower figures of those singles that failed to make the top 10 ?

Comment

• A bitter pill to swallow:

Czech Republic:

Voyage 43 (3) 8

Comment

• Voyage probably out of the top 5 by the 1st midweek update. 3 new entries and the remaining two positions are occupied by Ed and Ad, I'd guess.

Comment

• Well it had to happen . I was half expecting it. Still ,, the new entries may drop and It still may be Top 5 . We shouldn’t be disappointed at all in any country. It’s been No 1 in most and 2 in many others. It’s had an amazing run . Abba although still loved are 40 years out of their era and much has happened and changed in their absence .

Comment

• The new #1 (The weekend) on the midweek update sold 8.3k so far. Ed at #3 5.4k, Adele 4.8k and #5 Gunna 4.4k. Between Gunna and the 2nd David Bowie entry at 8 with poor 1.9k might be Voyage.

Yes, Voyage did good in a lot of countries, but a drop from 3 to 43 is something to make me more than just thinking oooops. Tomorrow it's quite forgotten.

Comment

The new #1 (The weekend) on the midweek update sold 8.3k so far. Ed at #3 5.4k, Adele 4.8k and #5 Gunna 4.4k. Between Gunna and the 2nd David Bowie entry at 8 with poor 1.9k might be Voyage.

Yes, Voyage did good in a lot of countries, but a drop from 3 to 43 is something to make me more than just thinking oooops. Tomorrow it's quite forgotten.
                              Well January is usually a month with very low sales so it's not that big of a deal in my opinion. It doesn't change much if it sells 4k or 2k per week. The most important thing was the fact that it sold really well in the UK in November and December, when sales were higher compared to the rest of the year, and it managed to do so despite little promotion (one or two interviews by B & B and one radio interview by Frida) and a lot of competition (Adele, Ed Sheeran, Taylor Swift etc.).

I don't know if the 5th single that will be released this year is gonna re-boost the album a bit. Maybe if they choose the right song (Keep an Eye on Dan) and add an interesting music video (the ABBAtars performing the song?). Once the ABBAtar show starts in May there will be a lot of press coverage about it and that might revive the interest in the album as well.

And regarding the drop in the Czech Republic well that's really an unimportant market (no offense).

Comment

• Voyage should be around 23k SPS in Canada.
                                (I estimated it to be a bit higher than the US equivalent... the album charted longer and higher on Apple Music, overall Billboard chart positions were higher, Don't Shut Me Down charted on the Canadian Hot 100, etc).
                                Anyway, a couple thousand here and there won't change much as it's still a long way from Gold. But I'll keep streaming!

Album sales are generally piss poor here these days.
                                Last edited by MusicLover88; Tue January 11, 2022, 02:44.

Comment

• I also am not to bothered about some of these smaller markets. If we go back to October last year and our hopes and fears that it may not get No1 and sell at best 300k in uk . Well it’s surpassed all our expectations I would say . It’s had 9 weeks in Uk top4 and seen off some of the big artists of today. It’s sold over 400k inUk over25% more than its optimistic original expectations. It’s no3 on end of year behind the two biggest current acts of our time . I could go on . There is no need for any disappointment . In 2021/2 40 years after The Visitors in a very
                                  much changed world I think it excellent results for Voyage and new stuff from a band like Abba . The world has been fed on Gold and MammaMia for what seems forever .
                                  also believe it or not there is especially in the UK as I can’t talk for other territories , an anti Abba element who really can’t stand their never ending huge success and are quite active although be it stealthily in their dislike with their comments being dropped strategically on prime time tv or in the tabloid press.
                                  Abba have always had an uphill journey against such things . It’s no different now.
                                  Last edited by Nomore; Tue January 11, 2022, 07:02.

Comment

• US Billboard Top 200 Albums

107 115 203 Gold: Greatest Hits ‒ ABBA ( 25 )

Comment

• It’s still likely Abba could hold on in the top 5 I think if Gunna have sold it’s load and falls back. There is a changing of the guard this week . Who knows though what happens in the coming weeks when these new entries fall away .

Comment

• France :

#25 (-10) Voyage approx 2,200 units!

Comment

• Billboard Canadian Albums
                                          Week of January 15, 2022

44 80 112 Gold -- Greatest Hits - ABBA ( 15 )

Comment

• US Top Album Sales
                                            Week of January 15, 2022

32 36 289 Gold: Greatest Hits - ABBA ( 6 )
                                            57 47 9 Voyage - ABBA ( 1 )

Comment

• Austria
                                              3 (1) 8 Voyage
                                              18 (17) 520 Gold

Comment

• Denmark
                                                16 (31) 9 Voyage

Comment

• Portugal
                                                  6 (7) 9 Voyage

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                                                    Billboard Canadian Albums
                                                    Week of January 15, 2022

44 80 112 Gold -- Greatest Hits - ABBA ( 15 )
                                                    Wish it was Voyage climbing, but let's take what we can get.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X