ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
    So apparently 'No Doubt About It' has been serviced to UK radio today as the next single. I don't know why they chose that one. It has the lowest number of streams of all songs from the album on both YouTube and Spotify. 'Keep an Eye on Dan' would have been a much better choice.
    It seems to be a fan favourite at least on the abbachat forum. Not mine. There's no doubt about it, that it hardly will have any measurable impact for the album. But, of course, I hope I'm wrong.

Comment

• Oh they have dropped another Clanger! I don't think it is the best Choice, Frida's voice is on top form, although missing the Abba magic, the girls harmony's and melody, Its a little too Shine era, for me but maybe a grower;
      I was hoping for Keep an eye on Dan' seems more radio friendly, 'Promise me you will' not can...But we will see if NDAI receives a good response.
      Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• Germany:

Voyage 13 (10) 13

GOLD 56 (61) 381

Comment

• UK

21 (26) Gold
          48 (37) Voyage

Comment

• 'Voyage' is dropping so fast in the UK! I had expected it to stay at least in the top 20 or top 30 for a while.

Comment

• Sales in the UK must be around 420k by now.

ABBA is quite damned to win the International Group-category at the BRITS to stop the downfall at least.

NDAI won't help that much.

Comment

• I know people seems not to link with it, but No doubt about is my favourite song in the album after DSMD. It makes me happy everytime I listen to it.

Comment

• Yes, No doubt about it should have its chance! And there seem to be enough other people who like it.

I just listened to it two times within half an hour again and although it will never be my favourite, it has its moments. And I had to look what the word forebearance mean (I'm german native). Now I know it.

Comment

• No Doubt About It

I guess the logic is that it is an uptempo song and casual ABBA fans- who may not have bought/streamed Voyage yet, will prefer it.

It probably won't get much airplay or have much of a boost to Voyage.

Other countries can have another single - or no single.

TfromBinG - "forebearance" is not a very commonly used word in English. I guess many native speakers would have had to look that up to!

Comment

• A bit of fun Promotion, with Bjorn

https://www.classicpopmag.com/2022/02/abba-arena/

Mamma Mia 2 on Vinyl, Like the Design. Available to order
                      https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.udi...ture-disc/amp/

​​​​​​​

Comment

• I can’t find any info on an official release date for NDA it
                        it’s not on Radio 2 playlist at all for next week.
                        it will not get much AirPlay at all now the Voyage thing has gone quiet . In the UK at least there is some kind of radio Silence as far a voyage is concerned. I will be surprised if any new Abba songs will be played on radio stations. The Britts is next week I will be interested to see what kind of reception they get if they win or not.
                        I can’t see any members appearing live for any presentation should they win which does them no favours.
                        Sorry to sound down but they deffo will not win the EMI and it’s not because they don’t deserve to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Benny View Post
                          'Voyage' is dropping so fast in the UK! I had expected it to stay at least in the top 20 or top 30 for a while.
                          Even more so in Ireland, I suppose this is the trend these days.
                          when you look at the Recent New Studio Albums Released by Big artists from same era or other, ABBA have Performed better on the Charts, Rod Stewart, that Elton Bloke, Coldplay etc. l am just glad, Gold continues its amazing run, and they don't release another G.hits Package.

Irish Official Top 100 Album Chart
                          ABBA Gold 13-16-13-12-8-8-12 WOC 681
                          ABBA Voyage' 79-35-31-27-10-6-3 WOC 13

Last edited by petrodav1452; Sat February 5, 2022, 10:25.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
                            I can’t find any info on an official release date for NDA it
                            it’s
                            I can’t see any members appearing live for any presentation should they win which does them no favours.
                            Sorry to sound down but they deffo will not win the EMI and it’s not because they don’t deserve to win.
                            Nomore, I too have not seen anything online stating NDAI is the next Single release, Radio of otherwise, wonder where the News came from?

Looks like Bjorn is in London at the moment. I am Sure he would get Involved if Abba Won the Award. One member is better than none, I suppose.

PS ..just seen in Abbachat forum the news came from a source, off Popjustice. Which are usually credible...Me thinks there maybe a brand new single, a round May time! Benny being in the Studio most days, he has plenty of time to finish off the two songs resting
                            Last edited by petrodav1452; Sat February 5, 2022, 11:04.

Comment

• I haven't seen anything about NDAI being a new single either..

Voyage is #15 in the Physical Album Chart and #16 in Sales chart. Not in downloads ot Streaming charts. It's chart down to CD sales. If we had German style Value Chart it woyld be much higher.

Comment

• @nomore:

What is the EMI?

Comment

• Did Nomore mean Emmy? Actually, it is a Grammy they are up for. That ceremony has been postponed.

Comment

• Yes sorry guys I did mean Grammy lol I am getting old !!
                                    I also have a feeling new songs will be released around the time of the concerts .
                                    Last edited by Nomore; Sat February 5, 2022, 13:08.

Comment

• Originally posted by petrodav1452 View Post

Even more so in Ireland, I suppose this is the trend these days.
                                      when you look at the Recent New Studio Albums Released by Big artists from same era or other, ABBA have Performed better on the Charts, Rod Stewart, that Elton Bloke, Coldplay etc. l am just glad, Gold continues its amazing run, and they don't release another G.hits Package.
                                      That's true, I never paid attention to the chart runs of the albums of other older artists but their chart performance is indeed worse than ABBA's.
                                      Coldplay's latest album did 1-5-4-10-16-22-15-17-12-10-10-25-41-86-out. And they even collaborated with young hip artists llike BTS or Selena Gomez on the album.

Similar chart run for Elton John's 'Lockdown Sessions': 1-3-6-12-14-10-9-7-7-14-29-55-72-91-out. And that despite featuring the number one hit with Dua Lipa.
                                      Last edited by Benny; Sat February 5, 2022, 16:50.

Comment

• ABBA's first weeks sales over 200,000. 400,000 by the end of 2021.
                                        Colplay about 100,000
                                        Elton John just under 30,000

The first few Coldplay albums were huge - platinum x8 or 9. That's 2.4 million - 2.7 million. Now not even platinum, 300,000. Only about 175,000.
                                        Yep, Elton had to rely on younger artists to get number one singles but it didn't help with album sales. He just about went gold, 100,000.

in Year End Chart
                                        ABBA Voyage #3
                                        ABBA Gold #13
                                        Coldplay #14
                                        Elton John #39

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...f-2021__34858/
                                        Last edited by Nameless; Sat February 5, 2022, 17:11.

Comment

• Here is the French Top 200 albums of 2021.
                                          ➡️ Voyage is #31
                                          ➡️ Gold doesn't make Top 200
                                          ➡️ 18 of Top 20 albums in French

https://snepmusique.com/actualites-d...biscitee-2021/

Comment

• Voyage' sales this week in the UK must be around 2.1k. The #44 has 2.3k, the #54 has 2k.

The week before Voyage's sales were between 3k (for #27) and 1.9k (#54), let's say 2.5k.

The difference between #10 and #54 is only 2.3k this week.

Comment

• The Netherlands:

Voyage 35 (18) 13

GOLD 100 (84) 98

------------------------------------------

Belgium (FL):

Voyage 12 (9) 13

GOLD 54 (34) 229*

Belgium (WA):

Voyage 59 (30) 13

GOLD 169 (149) 155*

(* since 1995)

Comment

• Switzerland:

Voyage 21 (15) 13

Gold 68 (89) 639

Comment

• "No Doubt About It" will be serviced to Italian radio on Friday: https://www.earone.it/news/abba_no_d...2022_57818895/ It's definitely the 5th single!

Comment

• Uk Albums Update/midweek

#21 Gold
                                                    #52 Voyage

Comment

Working...
                                                    X