Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a list of those Japanese award winners and nominees
    https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/...r-beatles-yuri

It would be nice if it pushed sales but I don't know anything about these awards. I know in UK/US interest and viewing figures are in terminal decline and all time low for the Baftas, Oscars, Brits and Grammys etc.
    Last edited by Nameless; Mon March 14, 2022, 12:07.

Comment

• France:

Voyage 137 (131) 18

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hungary:

Voyage 25 (re-entry) 14

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greece:

GOLD 35 (re-entry) 67

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Switzerland (addendum):

GOLD 51 (51) 643
      Last edited by TfromBinG; Wed March 16, 2022, 16:35. Reason: Hungary: 25, not 21

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
        Here is a list of those Japanese award winners and nominees
        https://www.bandwagon.asia/articles/...r-beatles-yuri

It would be nice if it pushed sales but I don't know anything about these awards. I know in UK/US interest and viewing figures are in terminal decline and all time low for the Baftas, Oscars, Brits and Grammys etc.
        According to generasiawiki.com: "The Japan Gold Disc Award is a major music awards event held annually by the Recording Industry Association of Japan. Its first ceremony was celebrated in 1987. The recognition is awarded based on the net sales of the works released the previous year."

Comment

• Well it's good to know Voyage was the top selling Western album of last year in Japan.

Comment

• Austria :

Voyage 35 (30) 17

GOLD 31(25) 529

Comment

• US Billboard Top 200 Albums
              170 179 212 Gold: Greatest Hits ‒ ABBA

US Top Album Sales
              64 61 298 Gold: Greatest Hits - ABBA

Comment

• Billboard Canadian Albums
                79 85 121 Gold -- Greatest Hits - ABBA

Comment

• Germany midweek update:

Voyage 29 (19) 19

It may climb some places but will propably fail to remain Top 20 on Friday

Comment

• Swedish chart

Voyage #52 (45) 19 weeks on chart
                    Last edited by Nameless; Fri March 18, 2022, 15:46.

Comment

Swedish chart

Voyage #52 (45) 19 weeks on chart
                      Hope, it's not the last week on chart, as the swedish album charts are a Top 60.

Comment

• Uk charts

Gold #25 (21)

Voyage #20 in both sales and physical charts. Still outside Main Chart.

Comment

• Germany:

Voyage 25 (19) 19

GOLD 57 (72) 387

Comment

Here is the French Top 200 albums of 2021.
                            ➡️ Voyage is #31
                            ➡️ Gold doesn't make Top 200
                            ➡️ 18 of Top 20 albums in French

https://snepmusique.com/actualites-d...biscitee-2021/
                            I don't know if that has been said, but in France albums are only allowed to be included in the album charts within their first 3 years after their commercial release. After that, their weekly sales stop to be counted for the yearly album charts too. Without this rule, Gold would most probably have made it into the top 200 of 2021. Abba's yearly albums consumption was reported to be around 50k at the half year mark, with most of those consumptions figures coming from Gold.

Comment

• Switzerland:

Voyage 46(32) 19

GOLD 72( 51) 644

Comment

• I didn't know that about the French charts....

Voyage's sales: going pretty much as I expected. I said 450k in the UK by the end of its chart run. It is about 426k now.

I expected it to be front loaded but not quite as much as it was. Certainly not expecting that 200k in week one. I wasn't expecting it to leave the Top 100 after 17 weeks. I thought it might have clung on a few more weeks and its sales not collapse as they have done.

I said 2.5m globally. That might be slightly optimistic but not too far out.

Comment

• Nameless .. yes I agree in the most part. I didn’t expect though the 17 week chart stay I thought it would drop out after about 10 -12 weeks especially with the huge front load first week. My main concern is that it made No1 I would have been devastated if it hadn’t. Also Voyage was released during the most hectic period of the biggest releases. If it had been released away from Adele and Ed it would have has maybe 3 weeks at the top . The Abba fan base is far less now than it was 30 40 years ago due to obvious reasons and huge changes in habits and technology.
                                  It is though still record breaking and astounding that it did so well world wide though not as well obviously as in their heyday .

Comment

• NDAI - Out of Airplay Charts now.

It is no longer Playlisted on Radio 2 on any playlist A, B or C

Comment

I didn't know that about the French charts....
                                      French charts are a mess.
                                      But on the positive side, each week, we get weekly figures for a large number of recent albums.

I estimate Voyage total consumption units in France to now be at 121k.

Comment

• Wolfmother

Any estimate for Gold's sales in France?

Comment

• IFPI Global Top 10 Album Sales Chart Of 2021 (Pure Sales):

02 Voyage 2.05M units

https://www.ifpi.org/wp-content/uplo...e_Industry.pdf

Huge! With streaming, it did about 3 million SPS units in 2021.

Comment

• Great sales!

I'm not sure though its SPS sales would be as high as 3m. I find it hard to believe globally, streams were a third of its sales.

Pure Sales are well over 90% of its sales in UK, US, France. It hasn't done that well on streaming.

Comment

• Austria:

Voyage 21 (35) 18

GOLD 19 (31) 530

Comment

• 2.05M for 2021 looks pretty good! What could Voyage's sales be right now? 2.3M? 2.4M? Looks like it did better on some markets we have never focused, because we do not know anything about. Latin america, Africa, Asia - with the exception of Japan.

Comment

• Voyage sales estimate

Pure Sales
                                                  2.05 2021
                                                  2.2m NOW

This based on collapse in sales during 2022 eg UK only up from 400k to 427-ish k. Almost all pure not streaming

Sales Plus Streaming
                                                  Streaming at best 10% globally. In UK only 3%.

SPS - 2 4m

My estimates.

I would also like to know sales in SE Asia, Latin America and European countries that haven't bothered with certifications. Yes, I am talking to you The Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland.

Last edited by Nameless; Tue March 22, 2022, 19:10.

Comment

• US Billboard Top 200
                                                    163 170 213 Gold: Greatest Hits ‒ ABBA

US Top Album Sales
                                                    51 64 299 Gold: Greatest Hits - ABBA

Billboard Canadian Albums
                                                    78 79 122 Gold -- Greatest Hits - ABBA

Comment

Working...
                                                    X