No announcement yet.

ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 21st May on Channel 5 is Abba day . It’s got new documentaries included as well as other goodies .will be worth a good look and is 1 week before the concerts begin

Comment

• Austria:

GOLD 56 (61) 537

Voyage 58 (re-enty) 24

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Voyage is still charting in at least seven countries: Austria, Switzerland, Belgium, The Netherlands, Ireland, Germany and Spain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
        21st May on Channel 5 is Abba day . It’s got new documentaries included as well as other goodies .will be worth a good look and is 1 week before the concerts begin
        That's good to hear, thanks for sharing, even though l won't be able watch. I can feel the excitement building now for the big Occasion, hope the real Abba make an appearance, that would be the icing on the Cake
        Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• One of the new docs is called Abba The missing 40 Years the other is apparently about Abba covers and I’d about Abba songs covered by other artists.
          Last edited by Nomore; Wed May 11, 2022, 12:32.

Comment

• Some nice climbs and re-entries this last week.

Comment

• I wonder how well Gold and Voyage do in the UK when the show opens. It opens on a Friday so there’s a full tracking week with publicity over the weekend etc.
              Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• Almost everyone who visits the show -at least within the first weeks- already bought the album, I guess.

The impact on sales probably depends on how succesful and impressive the shows in fact starts and how the whole media will be reporting about.

Comment

• A link below to an article regarding Voyage' and Wind Power Boat Concept Partnership with little video.

https://www.musicweek.com/live/read/...company/085781

Comment

• ABBA in swiss album charts prior 1983:

Swiss album charts officially began late in 1983, when the german based company media-control took over. The charts have been published in the german music industry-magazine DER MUSIKMARKT (non-existent anymore). This magazine has already published swiss album charts in own responsibility since September 1975 by asking record stores about their bestsellers in the german-speaking part of Switzerland. The charts began as a Top 20, then extended to a Top 25 and reduced again to a Top 20.

One member of the hitparade.ch forum spent a lot of time to type all the weekly charts there. The runner of this site considers to put these daty into the official database of hitparade.ch.

Now I get to the point: Here are the chartruns for all ABBA's albums prior 1983. The charts were a monthly until early 1976, then bi-weekly.

Best of ABBA:

9 - 19 - 12 - 10 - 3 - 3 (from here onwards bi-weekly) - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 7 - 14 - 22 - X - 22 - several weeks off - 24 - several weeks off - 18 >

(Total: 50 weeks)

The Very Best Of ABBA:

8 - 4 - 5 - 11 - 17 - 19 - 19 - several weeks off - 24 >

(Total: 16 weeks)

Arrival:

24 - 3 - 5 - 3 - 3 - 3 - 5 - 6 - 5 - 8 - 8 - 7 - 7 - 7 - 2 - 2 - 6 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 6 - 6 - 13 - 25 >

(Total: 46 weeks)
                    (Year end charts 1977: 2)

The Album:

4 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 10 - 9 - 22 - 21 >

(Total: 36 weeks)
                    (Year end charts 1978: 1)

Voulez-Vous:

1 - 1 - 1 - 1 - 2 - 2 - 4 - 4 - 7 - 10 - 22 - 10 - 23 - 24 - 17 - 12 - 14 - 10 - 9 - 10 - 8 - 12 - 11 >

(Total: 46 weeks)
                    (Year end charts 1979: 2)

Greatest Hits, Vol. 2:

18 - 6 - 3 - 4 - 3 - 4 - 2 - 2 - 9 - 5 - 8 - 9 - 14 - 16 - 7 - 9 >

(Total: 32 weeks)
                    (Year end charts 1980: 3)

Super Trouper:

1 - 1 - 3 - 2 - 1 - 6 - 11 - 10 - 8 - 6 - 8 - 8 - 20 >

(Total: 26 weeks)
                    (Year end charts 1981: 7)

A wie ABBA:

4 - 3 - 6 - 10 >

(Total: 8 weeks)

The Visitors:

1 - 1 - 1 - 6 - 5 - 16 - 13 - 18 >

(Total: 16 weeks)
                    (Year end charts 1982: 6)

The Singles:

6 - 10 - 16 - 15 >

(Total: 8 weeks)

Last edited by TfromBinG; Fri May 13, 2022, 13:40.

Comment

• Story today about Benny and his alcohol problem he had. I didn't know about this.

https://www.express.co.uk/life-style...effects-cancer

Comment

• Germany:

Voyage 70 (61) 27

GOLD 87 (84) 395

Comment

• UK Charts

Gold 19 (19)

Sales look like to be around 3.5k for the week. The #16 on 3.9k and the #21 on 3.3k according to Music Week. These sales are mainly streaming based.

Sales Chart: Voyage drops from 19 to 32. Like a couple of weeks ago a lot of new entries around. I expect another rebound next week.
                          Last edited by Nameless; Fri May 13, 2022, 17:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                            UK Charts

Gold 19 (19)

Sales look like to be around 3.5k for the week. The #16 on 3.9k and the #21 on 3.3k according to Music Week. These sales are mainly streaming based.

Sales Chart: Voyage drops from 19 to 32. Like a couple of weeks ago a lot of new entries around. I expect another rebound next week.
                            I Suppose that is the future now, with advancing Technology, AI which is probably going to be the forerunner in all aspects of our lives, but we will Still Crave for something Physical,

So Vinyl and CD will probably still be possible, Because of the art with releases But through some kind of AI Printer. It's only 6 months Since l moved to Streaming my Music only because my two year mobile Contract included Tidal, and unlimited internet, so l receive. All the new Album/Single releases, being an Oldie, l ignored the Tidal for 6 month's,

​​​​​​ but now it is second nature, access to over 80 million songs, and have recently been able to listen to Abba Solo related songs for the first time. It is Still good and interesting though that The UK Official Charts Company Still Compile and Publish the Sales and Physical Charts.

Plus l am listening to more music, New and Nostalgic, then ever before, just listened to the New Soft Cell Album, like the First Song Happy, very appropriate Lyrics for the times
                            Last edited by petrodav1452; Sat May 14, 2022, 08:48.

Comment

• Voyage unfortunately managed dropping off dutch charts after being #35 last week.

Comment

• Petrodav1452

I listen mainly on Streaming now. Yes, it has given me access to old and new stuff, Abba related and not, that I would never have had before..

Physical Sales are still important for some of us. It's nice to physically hold and album and occassionally listen. It's nice to have a collection

But for everyday use, I stream. It's nice to listem to my playlists or simply have random/shuffle on and see what comes up.

I have my own Gold Greatest Hits playlist where I have replaced Thanlyou for the Music, Does Your Mother Know and I Have a Dream with Ode to Freedom, Don't Shut Me Down and I Still Have Faith in You. I've added Summer Night City.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                                  Petrodav1452
                                  I have my own Gold Greatest Hits playlist where I have replaced Thanlyou for the Music, Does Your Mother Know and I Have a Dream with Ode to Freedom, Don't Shut Me Down and I Still Have Faith in You. I've added Summer Night City.

You don’t replace ABBA. You just add more songs

I have a playlist with Gold, More Gold (minus Old Friends because it’s not a studio track) and I’ve added I Still Have Faith In You and Don’t Shut Me Down, giving me a playlist of what are arguably ABBA’s forty greatest songs.

I never really cared too much about More Gold but I’ve really warmed to it over the last year and maybe it’s just fatigue from a lifetime of listening to Gold, but I think I might prefer More Gold now.

So go bring this back on topic, More Gold needs to chart more.

Straight white men rule everything around me

Comment

• l don't have a streaming list for Abba, l l tend to listen to the odd tracks from Abba's first 3:Albums most, then their Solo material.

Comment

• Belgium (FL):

Voyage 33 (31) 27

GOLD 79 (67) 243

Voulez-Vous (Album) 165 (Re-entry) 43

Belgium (WA):

Voyage 76 (104) 27

Comment

• Switzerland:

GOLD 51 (77) 652

Similar like in the Netherlands Voyage dropped off the charts from a position within the 30ies last week.

Voyage also left charts in Spain and Ireland again.

Comment

• Here's an article from Rolling Stone sbout the Abbatars concert

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...union-1352928/

Comment

• Album Charts. #=Wks
                                            Austria Official Top 75
                                            ABBA Gold -61-56-42 - # 579
                                            ABBA Voyage - 58-0-40- # 24
                                            Mamma Mia Soundtrack -Re - 72-#130
                                            Belgium Official Top 200
                                            ABBA Gold -79-67-125 - # 243
                                            ABBA Voyage -33-31-69 # 27
                                            Mamma Mia! Soundtrack -164-190-159- # 87
                                            ABBA Voulez Vous -Re- 165 #14
                                            Irish Official Top 100
                                            ABBA Gold -17-16-16--#695
                                            Sweden Top 20 Physical ABBA Voyage 18-12-12 - # 27

Sweden Classical Top 10
                                            Benny Anderson 'Piano' -2-4-2-3-1-1-2-3-1-2-1-3-1-1-2-1-1-1-3-2 # 112
                                            Swiss Official Top 100
                                            ABBA Voyage -0-39-41 # 26
                                            ABBA Gold -51-77-60 -#652
                                            UK Main Official Top 100
                                            ABBA Gold -19-19-20- #1045
                                            UK Official Sales Top 100
                                            ABBA Gold -39-39-75 - #351
                                            ABBA Voyage'
                                            -32-19-42-14-15-14-20-21-20-19-16-14-14-12-16-12-6-4-3-3-3-2-2-4-2-2-1-#27
                                            UK Official Soundtrack Top 50
                                            MMia! -15 -12-12- -#723
                                            MMia2 (Here we go again! -27-25 -31- #197

UK Official Music Video Chart Top 50
                                            ABBA In Concert - Re- 44-#139
                                            ABBA The Movie -Re - 47 #118
                                            ABBA 16 Hits -0-36- #36
                                            Dutch Vinyl 33
                                            ABBA Gold 0-29 #52
                                            _______

Comment

• UK Midweek

Gold up to #14 from #30.

Comment

• That's a Very Good upwards move for Gold, Considering the amount of New Entries above it. A nice Surprise to see Toyah! at Number 11 as well Currently, in Midweeks

On ABBA's YouTube Video Chart for View's,

'I Still have faith in you' has over 35 Million,
                                                and is at the No.18 Position overall, The day before you came' Video, having been relegated.

Comment

• How much has Voyage sold? Did it cross 1M units?

I wish I could go to see the show in London but I’m too far in Mexico City to go all the way there for the show, hopefully summer next year.

Comment

• Voyage has definitely Sold over a Million Units Worldwide! and l Know over 400k each in UK and Germany alone. The overall Figure, at the moment not sure, there are more informed follower's on here that probably would.

New Mexico, nice, l once had a Penpal from Albuquerque, many moons ago.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X