ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING -- 'MINOR' VOYAGE 'SHOW' SPOILERS INCLUDED:

RicDiOlive -- The previous Post by Petrodav1452 contains the 'Sunday People' ABBA Voyage Shows Article.

I was too nervous to Post it myself, as many Fans get very angry if you reveal the Set List! I try - hard - not to
    upset other ABBA Fans. So, I was very careful in how I mentioned the 2 UK Newspaper Articles. including how
    I mentioned which of ABBA's 9 UK No.1's were included. I gave nothing away, as to how many are in the 'Show.

I will say that I've heard that 'The Visitors' is included - starting the Show. But, the 'Sunday People' Article does
    not mention that ABBA Song. Instead we have Benny starting it - playing 'God Save the Queen'! However, I think
    that is because it is Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee. (So, the Benny Intro is just for 2022. It will not carry on
    starting the 'Show').

Zeus555

Comment

• Thanks Petrodav and Zeus for your info. I am not bothered at all about knowing the set list
      Last edited by Nomore; Sun May 22, 2022, 17:45.

Comment

• Your Welcome Nomore, and thanks Zeus for your info.I The Visitors was mentioned ion the first night of The Rehearsals by the local residents who attended. Only a few more days and we will have all the details.
        Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• Just read a load more reviews from people who attended the rehearsal and every one is glowing .
          The only negative remarks are about the price of merchandise which is personal choice and i never go for this kind of stuff at events anyway and i will take my own water and won’t buy the expensive but nice looking refillable water bottle costing 4.50 lol.
          I suppose this is the weak spot the angry haters from the press will attack though. I’m fired up to go now in August I can’t wait .
          Meanwhile .. Voyage rises to 19 in UK iTunes from its new entry position of 25 yesterday and Gold is still at 6
          voyage at 7 in Amazon .. Visitors at 54
          Last edited by Nomore; Mon May 23, 2022, 05:54.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nomore View Post
            Just read a load more reviews from people who attended the rehearsal and every one is glowing .
            The only negative remarks are about the price of merchandise which is personal choice and i never go for this kind of stuff at events anyway and i will take my own water and won’t buy the expensive but nice looking refillable water bottle costing 4.50 lol.
            I suppose this is the weak spot the angry haters from the press will attack though. I’m fired up to go now in August I can’t wait .
            Meanwhile .. Voyage rises to 19 in UK iTunes from its new entry position of 25 yesterday and Gold is still at 6
            voyage at 7 in Amazon .. Visitors at 54
            Lots of Positive Reviews from the Public. Yes it is always the Case with the Merchandise, l won't be Walking around in a Satin Bomber Jacket, even if it was in my Price Range. I don't mind paying more if it's good quality, 4.50 for a little Plastic Bottle of Water Mmm, l would buy One Pint of Guinness instead.

Yes Voyage and Gold holding up on iTunes, looking promising for this week's UK Chart
            Last edited by petrodav1452; Mon May 23, 2022, 06:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by petrodav1452 View Post

Lots of Positive Reviews from the Public. Yes it is always the Case with the Merchandise, l won't be Walking around in a Satin Bomber Jacket, even if it was in my Price Range. I don't mind paying more if it's good quality, 4.50 for a little Plastic Bottle of Water Mmm, l would buy One Pint of Guinness instead.

Yes Voyage and Gold holding up on iTunes, looking promising for this week's UK Chart
              Yes I would expect Voyage to have a good week in the sales chart this week . Looking forward to the midweek it should get in on sales . Hope it sustains to Friday.
              If the concerts get the fantastic reviews it’s been getting we may see a bigger surge in sales next week and week after maybe if the media hype it up .
              some advertisements on tv wouldn’t go a miss either.

Comment

Yes I would expect Voyage to have a good week in the sales chart this week . Looking forward to the midweek it should get in on sales . Hope it sustains to Friday.
                If the concerts get the fantastic reviews it’s been getting we may see a bigger surge in sales next week and week after maybe if the media hype it up .
                some advertisements on tv wouldn’t go a miss either.
                Oh Yes, only a few hours until the Midweeks are out. I just watched a Clip of Bjorn, being interviewed, where he said there are between 23 to 25 Songs to play with, plus he said the the Concert is 145 mins maybe a 15 min interval included.

Seen a Photo of some Merchandise, different to what l imagined, with a hint of how the Abbatars Technically appear on Stage etc.on the T. Shirts, Plus The water bottle looks Aluminium, so a better buy.

Comment

• I'm quite excited too, if Voyage will appear at least for today's midweek update. At amazon.co.uk still #7 (actually #5 if you exclude the NOW-compilation and one of the two Harry Style's edition).

Comment

• I think some people are just being silly about the setlist being made public. What's the problem?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                      I think some people are just being silly about the setlist being made public. What's the problem?
                      Personally I am not bothered about the set list being published. You can easily guess the majority of it.
                      some people on social media have been very angry about attendees of the rehearsals making it public in some cases swearing I don’t care if I see the order of play before it opens in fact I’m too nosy not to know lol

Comment

• Uk midweek update:

GOLD #18

Voyage #91

Comment

• A bit disappointed Voyage we is only at 91 but never mind ..

Comment

• I don't know if there are any missing datas. As far as I know the broadcast on TV was Saturday evening, so the boost for Voyage is mostly from late Saturday and the whole sunday only.

Comment

• Just watched a review of Voyage on YouTube which basically says it’s the new big thing to hit London and it’s basically mind blowing !

Comment

Just watched a review of Voyage on YouTube which basically says it’s the new big thing to hit London and it’s basically mind blowing !
                                Wonderful! And Gold is still top 5 on iTunes , l know it's not everything, but usually is a good indicator for the Official Charts. Voyage" has dropped off completely though, it's a pity.

who thinks they have recorded 'Just Like That' ? During the Voyage Sessions? They called Jan a fan favourite, when really JLT is more.. they released Dreamworld on the Box Thank you for the music' and that song has part of the melody for DYMK

Comment

• Benny ssid in an interview that JLT never worked and they now had better things to do . However there are two songs unfinished from the Voyage sessions . I have wondered if one of them is JLT but I suspect it’s wishful thinking . I wonder what will happen with those two unheard songs

Comment

• WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW -- SIMPLY DON'T READ, IF YOU'D RATHER NOT KNOW!

3 of their 9 UK No.1's are not included. 'TNOTG', 'TACOM', and 'ST'. 'WAISAD' has its 'missing' Verse included.
                                    But 'LAYLOM' has a Verse removed. 2 of the UK, European - and USA - Singles from 'The Visitors' are included
                                    - but not the 2 that you would expect. 'TWTIA' has a Choir at the end - which I'm told is 'Sublime'. The Band
                                    is 'Rockier' than on ABBA's original Tracks. Louder etc.

As the 'Backing Band' is 'Rockier', than on the ABBA originals - louder - if we, (eventually), get a Soundtrack
                                    Album, it will not just be a 'Same Old, Same Old' Collection of ABBA Tracks. They will not sound exactly as
                                    they did on Record...

Zeus555
                                    Last edited by zeus555; Tue May 24, 2022, 18:18.

Comment

• Take a chance on me and super trouper missing??? Oh no. That's huge
                                      Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• Here is an interview with Bjorn. He, Benny and Frida watched the show amongst fans.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...t-sat-27055992

Comment

• Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
                                          WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW -- SIMPLY DON'T READ, IF YOU'D RATHER NOT KNOW!

3 of their 9 UK No.1's are not included. 'TNOTG', 'TACOM', and 'ST'. 'WAISAD' has its 'missing' Verse included.
                                          But 'LAYLOM' has a Verse removed. 2 of the UK, European - and USA - Singles from 'The Visitors' are included
                                          - but not the 2 that you would expect. 'TWTIA' has a Choir at the end - which I'm told is 'Sublime'. The Band

As the 'Backing Band' is 'Rockier', than on the ABBA originals - louder - if we, (eventually), get a Soundtrack
                                          Album, it will not just be a 'Same Old, Same Old' Collection of ABBA Tracks. They will not sound exactly as
                                          they did on Record...

Zeus555
                                          I like that they are creating a more rock uptempo feel, Hope they can match the same Guitar sound as Lasse Wellander was an integral part of the original Abba sound. surprised TACOM maybe not be there. And TWTIA., Interesting change, I am playing their 3rd LP Abba at mo, still sounds fresh, even warming to MITM, but still have to skip IDo

Comment

Here is an interview with Bjorn. He, Benny and Frida watched the show amongst fans.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...t-sat-27055992
                                            Thanks for posting! Quite emotional..

Comment

• Originally posted by zeus555 View Post
                                              WARNING! SPOILERS BELOW -- SIMPLY DON'T READ, IF YOU'D RATHER NOT KNOW!

they did on Record...

Zeus555
                                              Well I read that in the first rehearsal all 9 no 1 songs were included. What they said was they were playing around with the set and it had not yet been fully decided. I would be surprised if a poppy bopper like TACOM was not included .
                                              Meanwhile Voyage is currently back in UK iTunes at 36 having entered at a lower number and jumping 37 places .
                                              Last edited by Nomore; Wed May 25, 2022, 06:22.

Comment

• Nice to see The Visitors and WAISAD included. The Americans got it right with those tracks as singles.

Let's hope TACOM is included. The leaked setlist of a few days ago had 17 songs - and not WAISAD. So hope for TACOM and factor in reports of 20 to 22 songs.

Good to hear about alternative/rockier music. You don't just want it to be like a video collection.

Comment

• Bjorn has said in the UK Sun today that all four will attend the premiere tomorrow night but it will be the last Abba union music and appearance wise . This leaves 2 unheard songs with no future . He also says there will be many celebs young and old at the event tomorrow including Elton John and Kylie .
                                                  couldn’t get the link to work sorry
                                                  Last edited by Nomore; Wed May 25, 2022, 07:51.

Comment

Nice to see The Visitors and WAISAD included. The Americans got it right with those tracks as singles.

Let's hope TACOM is included. The leaked setlist of a few days ago had 17 songs - and not WAISAD. So hope for TACOM and factor in reports of 20 to 22 songs.

Good to hear about alternative/rockier music. You don't just want it to be like a video collection.
                                                    totally agree . It will be great to have those lesser known songs included as they are top notch .
                                                    I like the sound of the rockier versions and Abba of course were much rockier live than most would realise .
                                                    I do hope TACOM is included it’s a fave .
                                                    I expect there will be huge attention given to this tomorrow by the media . I also expect , in the main after what has been posted already that reviews will be largely favourable.
                                                    The anti Abba league are going to concentrate on
                                                    “ who wants to pay money to watch a computer “ of which we knew already it being the main purpose of the project.
                                                    it’s too far from the west end .. big deal
                                                    the merchandise is a rip off
                                                    Which is in line with any west end show
                                                    I’m sure the clever dicks will contour up other preposterous reasons .

Last edited by Nomore; Wed May 25, 2022, 08:15.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X