Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post Removed.

Zeus555
    Last edited by zeus555; Fri May 27, 2022, 18:29.

Comment

• Well the above is a shame but not the end of the world . I’m sure it will have been recorded for future change of set . It was their second biggest hit in the US I think getting to No 3

Comment

• Zeus555

Do you know for sure TACOM won't be in the show? There are meant to be 20-22 songs.

Comment

• Looks like that Voyage left german charts after 28 weeks as it do not appear in the midweek update. GOLD joined Voyage's departure too.

Comment

• Post Removed.

Zeus555
            Last edited by zeus555; Fri May 27, 2022, 18:29.

Comment

• I think there are different experiences here because someone who reviewed a show prior to Mondays show wrote all 9 UK No1 s were in it . Anyhow we will see . It’s going to be huge anyway by all accounts . I wouldn’t miss NOTG but I think the other two are integral to Abbas legacy.
              Im exited if a film was made for a doc !!!

Comment

• Latest review I’ve just seen on YouTube says if your taking kids they won’t understand if you try to explain that it’s not real people on stage it’s so realistic there are even shadows of them and it’s awesome .

Comment

• Wow! amazing, wish l was going, but 3000 miles away, plus other reasons prevent me traveling.

I Wonder if Voyage' will manage to scrape into the bottom of the main UK 100? The Mamma Mia! Soundtrack is selling more than it, on iTunes, currently.
                  Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• The Voyage Eco box is 23 on UK Amazon whilst the CD is at 13 .
                    UK Good morning Britain had an article about Voyage premier this morning but as far as I know it’s not been mentioned on the BBC or any other show this morning .

Comment

• Correction to above there is some coverage of Voyage on the BBC but they don’t mention the red carpet event tonight only the public prem tomorrow ,, odd !
                      Last edited by Nomore; Thu May 26, 2022, 14:18.

Comment

• Benny interviwed by Variety

1. 380,000 tickets sold. Sales are more in line with the Voyage album than Gold. If every allocated show is a sell out until next May they need another 728,000
                        2. It looks like no more music - even finishing off those two abandoned Voyage tracks

https://variety.com/2022/music/news/...ew-1235278346/
                        Last edited by Nameless; Thu May 26, 2022, 17:45.

Comment

• Anyone with access to BBC news channel a feature on ABBAtars between now and 6pm. Probably on other news bulletins too.

EDIT: they didn't show it!
                          Last edited by Nameless; Thu May 26, 2022, 17:58.

Comment

• Just watched YouTube livestream of voyage … all four turned up together and looked fantastic .. they all spoke to the press at length . Frida with a walking stick …
                            I was bowled over with emotion it will never happen again

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                              Anyone with access to BBC news channel a feature on ABBAtars between now and 6pm. Probably on other news bulletins too.

EDIT: they didn't show it!
                              I saw it at 6.25pm.

From Press Association.
                              The “Abba-tars” were created through months of motion-capture and performance techniques with the four band members and an 850-strong team from Industrial Light and Magic, the company founded by George Lucas, in its first foray into music.

The pop group were catapulted to worldwide success after winning the Eurovision Song Contest with Waterloo when the event was held in Brighton in 1974.

They have since sold more than 400 million albums and singles.

The popular quartet parted ways after last performing together in 1982 following a successful 10-year stint.

Are those sales figures correct?

Comment

• Voyage 13 in uk iTunes

Comment

• Brian05 - I did see that on the 6 o clock news.

The 400m sales figures are not credible.

Physical sales estimates

Albums 130-140m
                                  Singles 50-55m

Downloads/Streaming equivalent not much.

Comment

• From the clip of SOS I have seen ithe concert looks pretty good.

5 star Reviews from The Guardian
                                    https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...d-to-be-copied

Comment

• Click on the link below for the setlist

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertain...s-61592104.amp

Comment

• Just a reminder that this section of the forum is about CHARTS & SALES.

Use their Artists thread or their Tour thread to discuss anything not charts related, please.

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music-di...ion/59386-abba

https://www.ukmix.org/forum/music/to...ndon-residency

Thanks!

Comment

• Abba have pulled of one of the biggest revolutions in musical entertainment . I have been nervous in the run up but all that is unfounded as the reviews are universally fantastic. It is bound to take off big now not unlike Mamma Mia in my view . The vision of all four last night as I watched it live on YouTube filled my eyes and the comments you could hear being made by those present just made my heart melt .
                                          when asked about further music the boys were saying no but both Agnetha and Frida left you feeling it was on the table.
                                          if there was any minute doubt about the the legacy of these 4 unique and genuine real people anywhere it’s now been eliminated totally because their place in music history is set in iron .
                                          Last edited by Nomore; Fri May 27, 2022, 07:13.

Comment

• Post Removed.

Zeus555
                                            Last edited by zeus555; Fri May 27, 2022, 18:24.

Comment

• I guess this isnt the chart thread anymore...

Comment

• Currently

United Kingdom

iTunes Albums:
                                                10. ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits
                                                16. Voyage
                                                50. ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits

Apple Music Albums:
                                                39. ABBA Gold: Greatest Hits
                                                99. Voyage

Voyage' still in the Top 20, last night the highest position l saw was Gold at 5 and Voyage' at 11, The show is having an effect, its the Premiere Tonight! Great reviews, thanks guys
                                                Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• Hope, it has some impact on ABBA's chart perfomance.

Comment

• Amazon Uk:

Voyage #10. But if you exclude the extra-editions of Harry Styles, Liam Gallagher and Def Lepard and two extra minuses for a Soundtrack and a compilation, it's actually #5.
                                                    Last edited by TfromBinG; Fri May 27, 2022, 14:57.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X