No announcement yet.

ABBA :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Billboard-Issue about ABBA from 1979 confirms the figures (up until 1979, of course!) with mentioning GH I passing the 100k by then. ABBA-sales in France were discussed here years ago (page 78/79). There was mentioned a Greatest Hits-Collection called The Golden Double Album (not to be confused with Greatest Hits - it has a different Label-Number) that is reported to have sold 200k and went (nomen est omen) double-gold.

Comment

• Originally posted by TfromBinG View Post
      The Billboard-Issue about ABBA from 1979 confirms the figures (up until 1979, of course!) with mentioning GH I passing the 100k by then. ABBA-sales in France were discussed here years ago (page 78/79). There was mentioned a Greatest Hits-Collection called The Golden Double Album (not to be confused with Greatest Hits - it has a different Label-Number) that is reported to have sold 200k and went (nomen est omen) double-gold.
      Thanks, I remembered the 100k for G-H. I was surprised with the 75k figure which contradicted my estimations. I was about to search for the source. You made it easier for me, haha.
      I find those french album sales given in the source mentionned by Nameless to be a bit conservative.

Comment

• USA (week 24 - 2022)

Voyage - 199k SPS

Gold - 8,125k SPS

Comment

• Total SPS for GOLD in the US likely to be over 11 million.

Back in 2002 when it was certified platinun x6 Soundscan was giving it 3 million. Music Clubs and many retailers not used by Sounddcan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
            Total SPS for GOLD in the US likely to be over 11 million.

Back in 2002 when it was certified platinun x6 Soundscan was giving it 3 million. Music Clubs and many retailers not used by Sounddcan.
            My last estimate is 11,145,000 in the USA, adding all SPS it accumulated since being certified 6xPlatinum.

Worldwide I estimate Gold to be over 37 millions in SPS.
            Last edited by wolfmother; Thu June 23, 2022, 11:41.

Comment

• Thanks for the sales info guys, what's does SPS mean, shipments?
              Londonreal.org/davidicke.com/Project Camalot.tv

Comment

• SPS = Sales Plus Streaming

Comment

• Originally posted by petrodav1452 View Post
                  Thanks for the sales info guys, what's does SPS mean, shipments?
                  Sales Plus Streaming.

Comment

• Originally posted by wolfmother View Post

Worldwide I estimate Gold to be over 37 millions in SPS.
                    A little share belongs to Austria for the last week:

GOLD 39 (41) 585

Voyage off after a total of 27 weeks.

Comment

SPS = Sales Plus Streaming
                      Oh, of course, lol, thank you, both

Comment

• petrodav1452 SPS is Sales plus Streaming
                        "the love of a mothers life is her child/children"

Comment

• Originally posted by marcsgirl85 View Post
                          petrodav1452 SPS is Sales plus Streaming
                          Thanks, the combined sales for Gold in USA, still impressive

Comment

• Yes, impressive sales for GOLD in the US. Enough for a Diamond cerrification. It is a pity Universal hasn't applied for this. It's 20 years since they last had an updated RIAA certification.

I really thoughr around the time of the release of Voyage - album or show, Universal would have updated certifications in the US and other countries. Some countries have not had updates since the 1990s for GOLD.

Comment

• Sweden:

Main album charts:

Voules-Vouz 54 (re-entry) 34
                              Voyage off

Physical charts:

Voyage 6 (5) 33

Comment

• Uk Main Chart

Gold #12 (9)

Last ABBA album standing.

Sales Chart
                                Voyage plummets from 14 to 39
                                Last edited by Nameless; Fri June 24, 2022, 16:52.

Comment

• Germany:

Voyage 74 (96) 33

GOLD 79 (71) 401

Comment

• The Netherlands:

Voulez-Vous 45 (49) 65

Comment

Uk Main Chart

Gold #12 (9)

Last ABBA album standing.

Sales Chart
                                      Voyage plummets from 14 to 39
                                      GOLD is #11

Comment

• Originally posted by TfromBinG View Post
                                        Sweden:

Main album charts:

Voules-Vouz 54 (re-entry) 34
                                        Voyage off

Physical charts:

Voyage 6 (5) 33
                                        Why isn't GOLD in the Swedish charts? Are tracks only allowed for studio albums and not compilations?

Comment

Why isn't GOLD in the Swedish charts? Are tracks only allowed for studio albums and not compilations?
                                          Possibly Angeleyes makes the difference. GOLD had dozens of re-entries (36, in fact) on swedish charts. The last on September 17th, 2021 for one week at #25.

Comment

• Sales for GOLD in the UK last week 4,361.

Comment

• GOLD is a permanent fixture of the UK charts and in the last few years its mainly streaming.

I was wondering in other countries do they have similar rules for Greatest Hits albums.
                                              In the UK there's an awful lot in the charts ABBA, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John and Oasis in particular. These days it"s streaming not sales.

Comment

• What rules for Greatest Hits are you refering to ?

In Ireland, the USA and Canada there are a lot of GH in the album charts too.
                                                That would also be the case in France, if it wasn't for the rule that prevents any albums to chart 3 years after it is issued.
                                                The chartsinfrance website has published some figures from last year proving that GH are doing wonderful numbers in the country. Queen was one of the biggest seller in overall and most particulary in the GH department. Queen's album's consumption total was 400k just for the first half of 2021 :
                                                http://www.chartsinfrance.net/Queen/...emestre%202021.

Comment

GOLD is a permanent fixture of the UK charts and in the last few years its mainly streaming.

I was wondering in other countries do they have similar rules for Greatest Hits albums.
                                                  In the UK there's an awful lot in the charts ABBA, Queen, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John and Oasis in particular. These days it"s streaming not sales.
                                                  Yes, it's more streaming than sold CDs and downloads. It may take a while until I get familiar with the terminus SPS.

Comment

• Wolfmother

I was thinking of tracks being counted for their studio album and a nominated compilation.about. Yes, GH albums do chart in those English speaking countries and I think they have similar but not identical chart rules.

But a different matter in Mainland Europe. Not so many GH albums.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X