Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The others couldn't come they are stuck in traffic" lol

Comment

• Dancing Queen is the 104t Best Selling Single of All Time in the UK (Physical and Download)

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-chart__21298/

Comment

• ^ That would indicate Physical/Download sales of just under 1.2m for no. 104.

In the print edition of Music Week today they gave a figure of 1,213,667 for CHASING CARS at no. 91.

So how come some posters are saying that Dancing Queen had 1.56m pure sales by 07/11/21? Surely that figure includes streams?

Dancing Queen was not included in the OCC best sellers from the 70s. (No. 10 sold 1.33m)

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05 View Post
          ^
          So how come some posters are saying that Dancing Queen had 1.56m pure sales by 07/11/21? Surely that figure includes streams (No. 10 sold 1.33m)
          That figure came from the same source as yours: the OCC!

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart...-songs__26113/

It reads a little missunderstandable (in particular for me as a non english native speaker). Are 1.56 m pure sales and 100m streams the same as 1.56m pure sales plus 100m streams or 1.56m pure sales including 100m streams?

Comment

• That OCC article is obviously wrong as it contradicts this week’s updated OCC stats. Position no. 104 does not indicate sales of 1.56m. And it did not appear in the 70s decade of hits based on physical sales (most agree that downloads are included but not streams).

We await a further ABBA report in the future.

Comment

• Dancing Queen.

My understanding is that physical sales are around 920k.

It is certified 1.2 million for digital sales (download and streams). For it to have sold 1.2m it would have sold about 0 3m in downloads and 0.9m in stream equivalent sales. Possible

Grand tota of ohysical + digital is l 2.1m but some of that is streams. 1.5m woIld be possible for physical + downloads

We just don't have the download/stream breakdown. There does seem a contrwdiction between 1.2m in new list and 1.56m in a previous list.

Comment

• Nevertheless it sold a lot!

Happy Birthday to Frida, btw.!

Comment

• https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/...kpPJsztFT6Y10Q

...another nomination for VOYAGE...well, considering how American critics snub them, it doesn't mean so much ..

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingeagle View Post
                    https://twitter.com/PopCrave/status/...kpPJsztFT6Y10Q

...another nomination for VOYAGE...well, considering how American critics snub them, it doesn't mean so much ..
                    They also got a nom for Record of the Year (with Don't Shut me Down)

Comment

• ...and Album of the Year too!

Comment

• Grammy Nominations

Voyage
                        Album of the Year
                        Pop Vocal Album

Don't Shut Me Down
                        Record of the Year
                        Pop Vocal Performance

Nice birthday pressie for Frida

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/15/a...list-2023.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                          Grammy Nominations

Voyage
                          Album of the Year
                          Pop Vocal Album

Don't Shut Me Down
                          Record of the Year
                          Pop Vocal Performance

Nice birthday pressie for Frida

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/15/a...list-2023.html
                          This is so sweet. They deserved respects. Finally comes to the reality. If they win this is one of the biggest wins in pop history after so much drought of recognition in all the years.
                          Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• I'm rooting for them to win.
                            Madonna is the queen of pop and the biggest selling female music artist of all time!

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/15/a...surprises.html

I have to make amends (at least in this case): the words of praise that the American music critic for The Times, Jon Caramanica, spends for Voyage, give some little hope for a chance of win.
                              ( take a look at the end of the article)
                              Last edited by flyingeagle; Wed November 16, 2022, 08:41.

Comment

• Why is Don't Shut Me Down eligible for a nomination? Surely it's year was last year when I Still Have Faith in You received a nomination.

Voyage, like Adele's 30 missed the nomination deadline last year so are nominated this year.

Comment

• UK CHARTS

Gold
                                  Main #18 (17)
                                  Sales #20 (27)
                                  Physical #22 (29)

The #16 sold 3,900. So estimated sales for Gold I gather to be 3,700-3,800. Maybe a fraction up on last week's 3,700 despite dropping a chart position. A Top 20 sales chart position would suggest pure sales of near 1,000.

Voyage
                                  Sales #71 (83)
                                  Physical #69 (83)

Slight upturn for Voyage. Yay!
                                  Last edited by Nameless; Fri November 18, 2022, 19:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nameless View Post
                                    Why is Don't Shut Me Down eligible for a nomination? Surely it's year was last year when I Still Have Faith in You received a nomination.

Voyage, like Adele's 30 missed the nomination deadline last year so are nominated this year.
                                    I was surprised the song that got the nomination was ISHFIY and not DSMD. I've always thought the latter is far better.

Comment

• GOLD is now very close to 6.2m in the UK. From next week on it definitely will take less than 100k on the road to 21*platinum.

Comment

• Today Chiquitita will surpass the 200m streams on Spotify as it takes just 92k to do so. It will be ABBA's 8th song with more than 200m streams. Tomorrow Super Trouper will join that club as number 9 as just 131k are missing yet. Both songs have a daily streaming rate of more than 100k (Chiquitita does better than Super Trouper).

Comment

• UK CHARTS

Gold

Main #21 (18)
                                          Sales #38 (20)
                                          Physical #39 (22)
                                          Estimated sales for week: 3, 750

Voyage
                                          Sales #87(71)
                                          Physicap #86 (69)

Comment

• Probably a few dozen in the UK for Voyage. The same for Sweden where it climbs from #18 to #13 in the physical charts.

Comment

• Gold is on 177,000 for 2022 in the year in the UK- a ccording to Vicapper. Will probably just miss the 200k amount.

Currently 11th best seller of year but only 250 behind the #10, Divide by Ed Sheeran.

Comment

• Something is happening: I've just read this on BBC Media center :
                                                " . Björn and fellow ABBA legend, Benny, are creating a new arrangement of a track from ABBA’s 2021 album, Voyage, which will be recorded with a choir and broadcast as part of his programme."
                                                Here's the link to the news:https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2022...-guest-editors

Comment

• Originally posted by flyingeagle View Post
                                                  Something is happening: I've just read this on BBC Media center :
                                                  " . Björn and fellow ABBA legend, Benny, are creating a new arrangement of a track from ABBA’s 2021 album, Voyage, which will be recorded with a choir and broadcast as part of his programme."
                                                  Here's the link to the news:https://www.bbc.com/mediacentre/2022...-guest-editors
                                                  Maybe little thing for a Christmas special??

Comment

• Songs with more than 30 million streams on Spotify - changes compared to October 28, 2022 (= 1 month ago):

1. (1) Dancing Queen 836,3 m (+18,8 m)
                                                    2. (2) Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! 486,3 m (+16,0 m)
                                                    3. (3) Mamma Mia 358,4 m (+8,2 m)
                                                    4. (4) The Winner Takes It All 281,9 m (+6,3 m)
                                                    5. (5) Take a Chance on Me 238,5 m (+5,3 m)
                                                    6. (6) Lay All Your Love on Me 233,6 m (+9,3 m)
                                                    7. (7) Waterloo 211,5 m (+5,3 m)
                                                    8. (9) Chiqutita 201,0 m (+4,6 m)
                                                    9. (8) Super Trouper 200,7 m (+3,7 m)
                                                    10. (10) SOS 134,5 m (+4,1 m)
                                                    11. (11) Voulez-Vous 122,4 m (+2,9 m)
                                                    12. (13) Angeleyes 121,4 m (+7,5 m)
                                                    13. (12) Fernando 118,3 m (+2,2 m)
                                                    14. (14) Knowing Me Knowing You 114,8 m (+2,0 m)
                                                    15. (15) Does Your Mother Know 112,4 m (+2,6 m)
                                                    16. (16) Money Money Money 106,8 m (+3,4 m)
                                                    17. (17) I Have a Dream 73,7 m (+1,4 m)
                                                    18. (18) Slipping Through My Fingers 71,4 m (+3,3 m)
                                                    19. (19) Thank You for the Music 68,1 m (+1,3 m)
                                                    20. (20) One of Us 67,5 m (+1,1 m)
                                                    21. (21) Honey Honey 64,0 m (+1,3 m)
                                                    22. (22) Don't Shut Me Down 58,8 m (+1,3 m)
                                                    23. (23) Happy New Year 50,9 m (+0,7 m)
                                                    24. (24) When I Kissed the Teacher 43,4 m (+0,7 m)
                                                    25. (25) The Name of the Game 43,1 m (+0,6 m)
                                                    26. (26) I Still Have Faith in You 38,0 m (+1,0 m)
                                                    27. (27) I Do I Do I Do I Do I Do 37,1 m (+0,7 m)
                                                    28. (28) Our Last Summer 33,9 m (+0,8 m)
                                                    29. (NEW) Ring Ring 30,5 m
                                                    30. (NEW) If It Wasn't for the Nights 30,2 m

Top 10 songs with the highest increase in streaming numbers over the past month:

1. Dancing Queen +18,8 m
                                                    2. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! +16,0 m
                                                    3. Lay All Your Love on Me +9,3 m
                                                    4. Mamma Mia +8,2 m
                                                    5. Angeleyes +7,5 m
                                                    6. The Winner Takes It All +6,3 m
                                                    7. Take a Chance on Me +5,3 m
                                                    8. Waterloo +5,3 m
                                                    9. Chiqutita +4,6 m
                                                    10. SOS +4,1 m

This month, both 'Chiquitita' and 'Super Trouper' surpass the mark of 200 million streams, with the former overtaking the latter.
                                                    'Angeleyes' continues to climb and overtakes 'Fernando'; however, its increase in streaming numbers becomes smaller and smaller from month to month (on a high level).
                                                    Both 'Ring Ring' and 'If It Wasn't for the Nights' surpass the mark of 30 million streams and debut at numbers 29 & 30, respectively.

Next month, 'Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!' will come close to or even surpass 500 million streams.
                                                    'Angeleyes' will very likely move up one place, surpassing 'Voulez-Vous'.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X