The Beatles :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/mu ... story.html

While he's there, maybe he can go inside and tell the capitol brass that the Beatles catalog is way overdue for certification updates... just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by WK1
      Interesting article in Billboard June 19, 2015 (http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... y-earnings)

"Since The Beatles' music first went up on iTunes in 2010, the bandís catalog has scanned 18 million downloads, earning $16.2 million."
      Sales slowing down.
      In the first year to November 2011 digital sales were more than 10m tracks plus around 1.8m albums.

Comment

• Top 40 best-selling UK vinyl albums of 2015 so far.
        38 SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND - BEATLES

Comment

• From iTunes

Looks like The Beatles are outselling Elvis!!!!! (at least at the moment).

Note the price differential.

Wonder how many digital downloads each act has achieved in the UK? Hope we get a Beatles total in November (5th anniversary). And hope iTunes contract comes to an end, and Amazon and Google Play etc. are allowed to sell their songs digitally. Maybe Apple Music will allow Beatles streams.

Comment

• Amazon U.S. has Elvis #1 at 9.00, Beatles #1 remastered at 13.99 and the 2000 issue of Beatles #1 at 15.91 ????

Comment

• Top Vinyl Albums 18/07/2015: Week Ending July 05, 2015

TW|LW|WoC|Artist|Title
              10 11 146 The Beatles Abbey Road

Comment

• Current Boxscore

Rank Artist/Event Venue City/State Event Dates Gross Sales Attend/ Capacity Shows/Sellouts Prices Promoters
                57 The Fab Four - The Ultimate Beatles Tribute The Colosseum at Caesars Windsor Windsor, Ontario April 26, 2015 $147,722 5,259 / 9,868 1 / 0 $37.09, $18.55 C3 Presents/Caesars Entertainment

Comment

• From iTunes.

Queen outsell The Beatles. :evil:

Again, notice the price differential.

Suppose we will have to wait until Christmas before the price falls.

Comment

• Suppose we will have to wait until Christmas before the price falls.
                    Nope, not so. iTunes have been reading my posts and lowered the price to £8.99 from this morning.
                    As a result 1 is now at no. 93.
                    The Elvis and Abba hits albums are priced at £5.99.

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05
                      From iTunes.

Queen outsell The Beatles. :evil:

Again, notice the price differential.

Suppose we will have to wait until Christmas before the price falls.
                      Brian, just one little detail: The Beatles' catalogue isn't available on Spotify, unlike Queen's, which gives an advantage when looking at Itunes sales.

Comment

• Apparently Spotify accounts for 80% of streams in UK whereas Apple Music is less than 5%.
                        iTunes now include streams but no Beatles tracks are available (yet).

Comment

• Dear Brian, I didn't know that. How does that works exactly? I'm sure The Beatles' catalogue will soon be available on Spotify (it took time with Itunes but it eventyally happened).

Comment

• Originally posted by HUR
                            Dear Brian, I didn't know that. How does that works exactly? I'm sure The Beatles' catalogue will soon be available on Spotify (it took time with Itunes but it eventually happened).
                            I doubt that they will any time soon. Spotify's royalty rate is way too low for the Beatles and I imagine that when they eventually go for streaming it will be with iTunes alone. Not just because iTunes will quickly establish a much larger customer base that Spotify (or anyone else for that matter), but because the Beatles and iTunes already have a successful relationship and the royalty rate and payment arrangements will be better. I'd expect a stand alone launch for the Beatles on iTunes at some point, thus allowing for maximum publicity and the 'exclusivity' gained by not launching at the same time as everyone else.

Comment

• Official Vlnyl Albums Chart Top 40 UK: 10 July 2015 - 16 July 2015

TW|LW|WoC|Artist|Title
                              30 re 1 The Beatles Abbey Road
                              31 36 5 The Beatles Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

UK Charts now issued on Fridays.

Comment

• Official Physical Singles Chart Top 100 UK: 10 July 2015 - 16 July 2015

TW|LW|WoC|Artist|Title
                                32 38 27 The Beatles Long Tall Sally

Comment

• Official Vinyl Singles Chart Top 100 UK: 10 July 2015 - 16 July 2015

TW|LW|WoC|Artist|Title
                                  19 22 7 The Beatles Long Tall Sally

Comment

• Hur, If you download the latest version of iTunes you can now stream tracks as well (and you can also listen to Internet radio from hundreds of channels). You can sign up for 3 free months of streaming (but remember to cancel before the end of the 3 months trial). Otherwise you will be charged.

iTunes accounts for 80% of the download market. Apparently The Beatles have a 50% royalty rate whereas everybody else gets 25%. There are some 1963 and 1964 Beatles tracks on Spotify which will increase as the 50 year rule for copyright lapses. So the Beatles need to be on iTunes speedily for streaming.

Comment

• For some strange reason 1 has jumped up 73 places to no. 9 on the iTunes chart. Still priced at £8.99.

Comment

• In the US iTunes chart, 67-70 is at No. 8, 62-66 at No. 116. :(

Comment

• And 1967-1970 is no. 4 in Canada.
                                          Now 1962-1966 is up to no. 66 in U.S.
                                          1 is still no. 8 in UK - very strange indeed!

Comment

• Originally posted by stevieb
                                            In the US iTunes chart, 67-70 is at No. 8, 62-66 at No. 116. :(
                                            67-70 is currently #4 and 62-66 is at #55 on the U.S. I Tunes chart.

Comment

• Price comparison on iTunes.
                                              Red and Blue $12.99 in USA (£8.30)
                                              Red and Blue $12.99 CA in Canada (£6.40)
                                              Both £17.99 in UK.
                                              WHY??????

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05
                                                Price comparison on iTunes.
                                                Red and Blue $12.99 in USA (£8.30)
                                                Red and Blue $12.99 CA in Canada (£6.40)
                                                Both £17.99 in UK.
                                                WHY??????
                                                Greed,pure and simple.What other explanation can you arrive at?

Comment

• U.S. I Tunes today, 67-70 holding at #4, 62-66 moves up to #41.There both likely to make the billboard top 200 chart for the week, and maybe we could get updated Soundscan sales figures for both titles.(I'm sure that's gonna happen) :x

Comment

• Originally posted by bigred
                                                    U.S. I Tunes today, 67-70 holding at #4, 62-66 moves up to #41.There both likely to make the billboard top 200 chart for the week, and maybe we could get updated Soundscan sales figures for both titles. (I'm sure that's gonna happen) :x
                                                    Are you sure that they'll chart? Now that Friday is the global release day, presumably the Billboard Charts will have to move, making the chart period run from Friday (start)-Thursday (end). Presumably the next chart will cover Tuesday July 7th-Thursday 16th (the extended period needed to adjust to the new release schedule), and as the iTunes offer didn't begin to impact upon the US iTunes chart until Sunday or Monday, then the sales boost will cover only around half of the chart period. Furthermore, the bar for getting a record into the new chart will be a bit higher, as the sales period is longer. They may chart, but it's a tough ask.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X