No announcement yet.

Megadeth :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Megadeth, Warheads On Foreheads (Capitol)
    #106 (from 19)
    1,225 sold

A 68% second week drop.
    But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
    and don't forget the joker

Comment

• Megadeth, Warheads On Foreheads (Capitol)
      #151 (from 106)
      790 sold

A 36% second week drop.

Comment

• So, does it enter Billboard chart?

Comment

• Brasil Sales

Dystopia AA3000

Comment

• UK

Megadeth Countdown To Extinction Capitol Gold Album 14.08.2020

Comment

• I wonder why Megadeth certifications keeps getting updated in UK but not in US. Many of their releases are clearly undercertified.

The Greatest hits Back to the start has sold 520k in US back since 2014, yet it was only certified gold in Canada. The Video hits DVD has sold 43k in 2007, and DVD only needs 50k to went gold.
              Last edited by Rattlehead1983; Sun August 23, 2020, 12:28.

Comment

• Its certified gold as well in US, to be honest is very complete package, now I wonder if those classic albums re issues have helped at all into new certifications

Comment

• Do you mean the Greatest hits ? its certified gold in Canada and UK but no US, even though it has scanned well over 500k since 2014.

Comment

• Hi
                    Searching in the RIAJ (Recording Industry Association of Japan) database i found a two megadeth certified albums in this country.

CRYPTIC WRITINGS - 100.000 (1997-06)
                    YOUTHANASIA - 100.000 (1994-12)

RIAJ database link: https://www.riaj.or.jp/f/data/cert/gd_search.html

To find it in you only put the megadeth name in japanese (メガデス) in the artists option and go.

Comment

• Originally posted by juanw99 View Post
                      Hi
                      Searching in the RIAJ (Recording Industry Association of Japan) database i found a two megadeth certified albums in this country.

CRYPTIC WRITINGS - 100.000 (1997-06)
                      YOUTHANASIA - 100.000 (1994-12)

RIAJ database link: https://www.riaj.or.jp/f/data/cert/gd_search.html

To find it in you only put the megadeth name in japanese (メガデス) in the artists option and go.

Cool find. I do know Those albums were certified gold in Korea cause Dave showed the award to the crowd during their concerts in 2000. Cryptic Writings landed at #2 in Japan so its certainly sold well there.

Whats odd is that in Argentina, Cryptic writings and Youthanasia were certified gold twice (original & remastered) instead of going platinum.

Comment

• I m surprised youthanasia is in the same vein as cryptic writings, it was way more succesful train of consecuences and etout le monde were huge

Comment

• Cryptic was way more successfull in terms of song charts. None of Youthanasia songs even made it into top 20 , Cryptic has 4 songs in top 20. Trust was Megadeth most successfull single, reaching #5 at mainstream rock chart and # 1 at active rock chart. A tout le monde was actually banned from MTV, otherwise it would have been even bigger at the time.

Comment

• Really im really surprised about it always thought it was the opposite

Comment

Working...
                            X