X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    Yeeee, we did it!
    Another old single finally recognized with at least a Silver status.
    Well well, I think now it's time for an album certification, after Tiny dancer, Rocket man and Step into Christmas, maybe they can certificate Wonderful crazy night (at least) of the gold for The Union albums.

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Bpi uk
    ELTON JOHN - STEP INTO CHRISTMAS
    Silver Certification (Single) 30 December 2016
    UNIVERSAL MUSIC (MERCURY)
    Released 12 July 2007

It's The 4th catalog single for Elton certified Silver ( > 200.000 downl + streams), after The Classics your song, Tiny Dancer, Rocket man. This year has sold more than 53.000

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    France
    52 (RE) Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Switzerland
    51 (RE) Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me

Ireland

Re 79 Elton John - Step Into Christmas

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Uk Charts top 100
    #37 (lw:47) Elton John Step into xmas >17.000
    91 (re) don't let the sun go down on me -duet with GMichael - approx 8000

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Today George Michael died.
    His 3rd selling iTunes single, is The 1991 live duet with Elton

Don't Let the Sun Go Down On Me

iTunes:
    #2 Luxembourg
    #7 Israel
    #10 Netherlands
    #10 Switzerland
    #11 Brazil
    #11 South Africa
    #12 Latvia
    #13 Denmark
    #14 Sweden
    #15 Belgium
    #15 Norway
    #16 Italy
    #18 United Kingdom
    #18 France
    #21 Malaysia
    #26 Portugal
    #28 New Zealand
    #32 Austria
    #32 Ireland
    #36 Chile
    #36 Poland
    #37 Germany
    #37 Slovakia
    #39 Colombia
    #42 Turkey
    #48 United States
    #51 Taiwan
    #52 Australia
    #53 Hong Kong
    #68 Singapore
    #85 Switzerland
    #87 Finland
    #90 Australia
    #92 India
    #95 Belgium
    #99 Spain
    #101 Indonesia
    #101 Netherlands
    #102 Canada
    #124 Mexico
    #127 Taiwan
    #145 Turkey
    #159 France
    #170 Brazil
    #185 Germany
    #188 Norway

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Uk Charts top 100
    #47 Elton John Step into xmas >14.000

Leave a comment:

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    How many sales missin' for a bran new certification of Step into Christmas?
    And what about Wonderful crazy night? After almost 1 year I can't believe it hadn't sold 50.000 copies in UK!

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Uk Charts top 100
    #62 (lw:68) Elton John Step into xmas >10.800

Leave a comment:

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    The official Step into Christmas music video was also updated on his vevo channel!
    This will amounts its streamin' power

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Uk Charts top 100
    #68 re 24 wks Elton John Step into xmas 9,209
    To Be certified soon Silver ( digital sales + streams)
    Charted in The hot 100 in 1973, 2007, and every year from 2011.

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Candle in The Wind 1997 ( the Tribute to Diana) back in itunes top100 in Germany, Switzerland

Leave a comment:

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    Is there any chance to see how many digital sales are doin' minor singles and/or non singles songs in UK?
    Songs like Border song, Harmony (from 2014 re-release), If it wasn't for bad...

Leave a comment:

• borderwolf
    replied
    Elton John partners with Burberry for limited edition vinyl box set
    http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/ ... ore-127194

A new Elton John vinyl box has been produced in association with luxury British brand Burberry and will be available exclusively in their stores from November.

Limited to 800 units, this box features six albums chosen by Elton presented in a specially designed Burberry box, individually numbered and “flecked with gold glitter” and has Elton’s signature embossed in gold lettering.

The albums within are Elton John (1970), Madman Across The Water (1971), 17-11-70 (the live album from 1971), Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy (1975) Too Low For Zero (1983) and Songs From The West Coast (2001).

From a collector’s point of view Songs From The West Coast is notable since that has never been issued on vinyl. These are 180g pressings have apparently been remastered by engineer Bob Ludwig, and the vinyl cut at Abbey Road Studios in London (by Sean Magee). It’s not clear whether any of these are new remasters or utilising previous work by Ludwig. Original artwork will be replicated for these albums.

Speaking about this set Elton said “choosing these six wasn’t easy; however I think they are a very good representation of my catalogue between 1970 and 2001.”

Obviously being a luxury brand, Burberry has attached a ‘luxury’ price to this product – £225 or $375. That’s a lot of cash when you consider this doesn’t come with even a ‘proper’ Elton signature (just a gold embossed one). SDE’s attempts to secure a review copy fell on deaf ears! (Burberry aren’t supplying press samples).

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Originally posted by chartobserver
    UK BPI Certification

ELTON JOHN - ROCKET MAN
    Silver Certification (Single) 21 October 2016

...means 200000 sold.
    Yes we have written AND discussed about this.
    Third catalog single certified in uk for JUST download And Then down + streams sales after Your Song ( probably original version AND not Duet version as wrongly cited by bpi) AND Tiny Dancer.

All 3 of them were never certified in uk for physical sales, from 1970 to 72.

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    UK BPI Certification

ELTON JOHN - ROCKET MAN
    Silver Certification (Single) 21 October 2016

...means 200000 sold.

Leave a comment:

• Nippian93
    replied
    RIAA ?@RIAA 5h5 hours ago
    Congratulations @eltonofficial! 17X multi-Platinum for #EltonJohnGreatestHits & 2X multi-Platinum for #EltonJohnRocketManNumberOnes! @UMG

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Time Also for Riaa in Us to update singles sales.
    Tiny Dancer was certified Plat ( >1.000.000) years ago, then Your Song.
    We have some Numbers of 5 years ago (dec.2011) with Rocket Man and Bennie with approx 900.000 sales each. And Can you feel just after.

Canada AND Australia no certification for singles incredible!

Leave a comment:

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    I really hope that next year, very close to his 70th birthday, UK charts and BPI will made brand new articles and certifications for him, he deserves.....his sales are truly understimate...it's unbelievable that last certification award for Goodbye yellow brick road album is back in 1975! 41 years ago! Shame!

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    [quote="Fidelio1985"]I see, just post-2008...so sad, how many past sales data lost with this new counting/certified awards system...
    Well, in the last UK charts article, they say that after Rocket man single, the best seller/streamed song was Can you feel the love tonight, the classic of my generation! ;)
    Right after, as you said, Step into Christmas.

you're right, but with xmas sales, step into xmas may be the first . let's see

Leave a comment:

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    I see, just post-2008...so sad, how many past sales data lost with this new counting/certified awards system...
    Well, in the last UK charts article, they say that after Rocket man single, the best seller/streamed song was Can you feel the love tonight, the classic of my generation! ;)
    Right after, as you said, Step into Christmas.

I wonder about a Platinum status for Don't go breaking my heart,...

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    For downloads / streams singles ( sales from 2008) i think next one may be Step into Xmas or I Guess

Leave a comment:

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    OOOOHHH finally! Another classic finds its certification!
    Rocket man...amazing!

Well, I hadn't understand so well the Your song question, but hey, it's okay anyway ;) (for the record, certification was in 2013, not 2008 ;) )
    And now? After Your song, Tiny dancer and Rocket man, what will be next single? What about Song for Guy, Silver status in '79 already?
    And what about Are you ready for love?

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    BPI Uk certification

?@bpi_music ·
    A classic single by a British legend! 'Rocket Man' by @eltonofficial has gone Silver in the UK! Congratulations! #bpiAwards
    200.000 download / streams

We have reported some sales some months ago (your song 192k, tiny and rocket man about 130k). These sales may refer probably to the most downloaded version of the song, for example from greatest hits 70-02, but not to the same version you can download from other GH or original albums.
    This means that YOUR SONG single BPI has certified in 2013 not the duet with SAFINA but the ORIGINAL 1970 VERSION

Leave a comment:

• Fidelio1985
    replied
    My my....such a failure WCN album....
    Well, let's hope in Christmas period for sales improve of Step into Christmas and other classics...

What about Are you ready for love? Is it far from gold status in UK?

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    I estimate 40-43k. Still far.
    Think Rocket man ( 2xplat) compilation or GYBR 40th adniversary ( silver) will Be next ones. For single Rocket man AND Step into xmas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X