Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lucad
    replied
    there's something wrong with elton GH2, as i have soundscan sales of 1.512.000 approx (Dec.2005).
    Probably it can be 2.148.496 (not 1.148.496)

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Also, following the HIGE success of 3D version of the movie (n.1 from two weeks), the LION KING original soundtrack re-enters the charts
    46 LION KING SOUNDTRACK 2470 +13% 2185 7802905

Leave a comment:

• borderwolf
    replied
    (thanks blackandblue)

Top Catalog Albums
    [SoundScan Week Ending September 25, 2011]

Wks On 2W RK LW RK TW RK Artist Title TW Sales % CHG LW Sales RTD Sales

113 128 124 152 JOHN*ELTON ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S 1305 -8 1421 853095

1 - - 173 JOHN*ELTON GREATEST HITS VOL 2 1199 999 58 1148496

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    UK Singles Charts

W/E 3rd Sep

136 YOUR SONG - ELTON JOHN (ROCKET)

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Originally posted by lucad
    The other singles, like Benny, Your Song, Rocket Man, ecc; they're all Platinum Vinyl Single Certfied for ore than 1 million sales.
    Please concern that all the certs for his oldies are physical. And the RIAA doesnīt add downloads to old vinyl sales. So I meant his oldies are at certification levels again as digital version. For instance Bennie And The Jets was platinum and should get another certification as gold for sales of more than 700k downloads up to now.

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Well, for Tiny Dancer i think they updated the platinum level (more than 1.000.000 sales of the digital release from ALMOST FAMOUS).
    It was not certified as a vinyl single

The other singles, like Benny, Your Song, Rocket Man, ecc; they're all Platinum Vinyl Single Certfied for ore than 1 million sales.
    I think they have to add digital sales and update the songs at multiplat level (2xplat sales), as they sell between 500.000 / 900.000 digital copies.

For SATWYLT i don't know, let's wait

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Tiny Dancer was one of the first songs from the Elton John catalogue to be available digital (released in 2000). And it has been the most popular download for many years (iTunes or AMAZON). It has been downloaded appr. 1200k times. So the platinum certification was overdued. Youīre right: the RIAA should distinguish between digital and physical. But I think they abolished this policy because there are no more physical sales at all.
    But Iīm surprised that there are no other digital certs because other Hits from Elton received similar results in digital sales. Your Song, Rocket Man, Bennie And The Jets, Can You Feel The Love Tonight, I Guess Thatsīs..., Crododile Rock, Donīt Let The Sun..., Someone Saved My Life Tonight are near to 500k or exceeded it long ago.

The physical cert. for SATWYLT I do not understand. This double-A-Sided Single was certified 11xP almost long ago. The 2xPlatinum only can be a digital cert. but I do not have numbers to prove.

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    Why is this thread not in the regular Chart Analysis forum?

Is this something new???

I'm confused. Like I said, I have a headache...

Leave a comment:

• thebigham
    replied
    I got a headache tonight.

Can someone go over to the RIAA website and try to figure out Elton's new single certifications?

The Tiny Dancer digital single has been certified Platinum?

The SATWYLT digital single has been certiifed 2xp?

The SATWYLT physical single has been certified 11xp?

The new RIAA databse sucks! It no longer distinguishes between physical and digital singles.

Leave a comment:

• dwv
    replied
    Catalog
    Chart date Sep 3, 2011 - sales to Aug 21, 2011

111 JOHN*ELTON ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S 1,609 5 1,537 845,707

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Billboard Catalog Albums Charts
    for week ending 14th August

Wks On 2Wks LW TW Artist Name Album Title TW % CHG LW Total

107 131 125 139 JOHN*ELTON ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S 1537 -14 1791 844098

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Originally posted by lucad
    What would be the next one?

We have ROCKET MAN compilation near PLATINUM in US (815k), Canada, Australia

We have UNION wth a little longer walk for GOLD in US (at the moment is 340k) and UK (65/70k), and maybe in Norway and Brazil, but may become a catalog seller.

Then we have a lot of digital sales in US.

And video sales in Uk to be certified.

I found a website with a searching engine for certifications by the CRIA (Canada):
    http://www.musiccanada.com/

Surprisingly "Number Ones" official certification level has not been established there up to now. Combining achievements from 2007-2011 the album entered the charts at #8 and remained in the Top 100 for 40weeks with a strong comeback of 28 weeks in 2010-2011.

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Now Billboard has published "The Top 50 Adult Contemporary Artists Ever". To celebrate the chartīs 50th anniversary they ranked the most successful artists and songs.

No surprise: Elton John is ranked number one.

Sir Reginald Dwight is Billboard's all-time AC chart king. John holds the records for most AC No. 1s (16), top 10s (38) and chart entries (68), dating to his grand entrance with "Your Song" in 1970. Having recently hosted "Saturday Night Live" and scored his highest-charting Billboard 200 album (the No. 3 "The Union," with Leon Russell) since 1976, clearly the musical and cultural icon is still standing strong.
    His biggest hit in the AC Charts was "The One" in 1992. It reaches # 53 in the All-time-charts.
    Billboard's all-time AC king boasts the marks for most AC No. 1s (16), top 10s (38) and charted titles (68). John scored four No. 1s in the '70s, five in the '80s and seven in the '90s, including this summer smash (complete with seagull sound effects) that led for six weeks in 1992.

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    Top Music DVD's - billboard usa

13 17 19 The Red Piano Elton John
    34 35 5 Dream Ticket Elton John

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Canadian Album Charts FOR THE WEEK ENDING 7 JULY, 2011

Weeks 2 WAgo LW TW Title Artist
    27 79 87 41 ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S
    ELTON JOHN

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    TOP Music Dvd - Billboard ChArt USA

n.17 10 18weeks The Red Piano Elton John
    n.35 23 4weeks Dream Ticket Elton John

Leave a comment:

• borderwolf
    replied
    LONDON: Elton John has formed a new music company called the Rocket Music Entertainment Group with offices in London, New York and Tokyo. The company’s roster includes John, James Blunt, Lily Allen, Leon Russell, Oh Land and Dirty Vegas. The new entity plans to be signing artists to its other companies: the Rocket Records label, Rocket Music Publishing and Rocket Productions.

http://fyimusic.ca/headlines/morning-co ... ell-july-4

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    US this week

Top Music DVDīs

10 RE-ENTRY 17 The Red Piano Elton John

23 RE-ENTRY 3 Dream Ticket Elton John

Canada this week

TotalW 2WAgo LW TW
    25 91 85 80 ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S
    ELTON JOHN ( ISLAND )

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Elton John - Greatest Hits 1970-2002

Is still going well more than eight years after itīs release:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #171 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
    #1 in Music > Music Deals > Box Sets at 30% Off
    #1 in Music > Box Sets
    #5 in Music > Pop > Adult Contemporary
    [/quote]

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    Canadian album charts for the week ending 2 June 2011

TotalW 2WAgo LW TW Title Artist (Label)

22 104 79 75 ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S ELTON JOHN(ISLAND)

Leave a comment:

• borderwolf
    replied
    Elton album artist wants pic back
    http://jam.canoe.ca/Music/2011/05/24/18 ... story.html

An artist who designed the iconic cover for Elton John's album Goodbye Yellow Brick Road has asked the star to return the original picture.

Ian Beck was paid $688 for his artwork which was used on the sleeve of the classic 1973 record.

He now wants his original piece returned - and he is convinced the Rocket Man is in possession of the picture.

Beck tells Britain's Daily Mail, "I did the cover for Elton's label Rocket Records. Elton loved it and it was a very successful album... I think Elton kept the cover work... So if you are listening, Elton, I would like the Yellow Brick Road back, please, because I created it."

A spokesman for Sir Elton tells the publication, "I have no idea whether Elton has it, but presumably if he does, he paid for it so it is his; $688 was a hell of a lot of money back then. A bit weird, isn't it, to ask for something back 38 years later?

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    UK CHARTS
    Best_selling duets of all-time
    n.5 Don't Go Breaking My Heart - Elton John and Kiki Dee 1976 sales estimated approx 980,000
    33 True Love - Elton John and Kiki Dee 1993 345,000

http://www.ukmix.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=81167

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    First week May in Canada

weeks 2WAgo LW TW

18 105 88 86 ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S

Leave a comment:

• chartobserver
    replied
    US

Top Music DVD's

36 28 73 Elton 60: Live At Madison Square Garden Elton John

Canada
    TotalWeeks 2WAgo LW TW Title Artist
    17 91 105 88 ROCKET MAN-NUMBER 1'S
    ELTON JOHN ( ISLAND )

Leave a comment:

• lucad
    replied
    What would be the next one?

We have ROCKET MAN compilation near PLATINUM in US (815k), Canada, Australia

We have UNION wth a little longer walk for GOLD in US (at the moment is 340k) and UK (65/70k), and maybe in Norway and Brazil, but may become a catalog seller.

Then we have a lot of digital sales in US.

And video sales in Uk to be certified.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X