Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC/DC :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by john2000

    LoL, I love marketing
    In the end we are all sheeps
    Of course ! It's not a discovery !

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zago
      MJD 170k SOLD in Germany in 2 days or shipped???

      if are sold is something impressive..

      ----------
      Btw Denise, thata are about Metallica, not ACDC
      ----------
      I KNOW IT ZAGO
      There's only one Queen
      and that's MADONNA.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zago
        MJD 170k SOLD in Germany in 2 days or shipped???

        if are sold is something impressive..
        He said: 170k sold in 2 days in Germany, already 400k shipped, double Platinum.

        They are huge in Germany! All seven Arena shows sold out in minutes too.

        170k sold in two days in Germany is like what... selling 700k in 2 days in the US????
        Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

        Let there be rock!

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Dane
          Originally posted by zago
          MJD 170k SOLD in Germany in 2 days or shipped???

          if are sold is something impressive..
          170k sold in two days in Germany is like what... selling 700k in 2 days in the US????
          something like that
          http://www.worldwidealbums.net/
          Worldwide sales, Daily music news, music History

          Comment


          • According to the article of HDD, the sales will be big too in France ! I'm so happy by that ! I will buy this album this week.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Vanacoring
              According to the article of HDD, the sales will be big too in France ! I'm so happy by that ! I will buy this album this week.
              Good boy

              Yes, #1 in 15 countries according to HDD!!!

              AC/DC WORLDWIDE EXPLOSION: AC/DCís Black Ice is scoring huge sales figures around the world. In Germany, the album is trending #1, with a shot at 250k. In the U.K., they are on track for 120-140k and headed for #1. They are also scoring record numbers, and will go #1 in Canada, France, Italy, Australia, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, France, Italy, Australia, Ireland, Switzerland, Austria, Denmark, Holland, Belgium, Norway and Portugal. (10/21p)
              Those 14 + USA.

              Don't know why some are listed twice. I suppose HDD were in a hurry to report
              Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

              Let there be rock!

              Comment


              • Norway
                mid-price
                week 42

                1 BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC

                5 HIGHWAY TO HELL - AC/DC

                6 LIVE '92 (2CD) - AC/DC

                8 THE RAZOR'S EDGE - AC/DC
                Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

                Comment


                • Argentina
                  weekly (12/10/2008 - 18/10/2008) shipments chart

                  #2 Blac Ice
                  (AC/DC)
                  Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

                  Comment


                  • really incredibly high sales - 250k in Germany is way better than 750k in the US

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by borderwolf
                      Argentina
                      weekly (12/10/2008 - 18/10/2008) shipments chart

                      #2 Blac Ice
                      (AC/DC)
                      When was it released in Argentina?
                      Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

                      Let there be rock!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by tada
                        really incredibly high sales - 250k in Germany is way better than 750k in the US
                        Yes, in comparison with the population, 250k in Germany represents 910k in the USA.

                        Comment


                        • didn't know this had been released! got to get it now! a bit of a shame though, i was hoping kaiser chiefs would get the number 1 in the uk.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Vanacoring
                            Yes, in comparison with the population, 250k in Germany represents 910k in the USA.
                            Why?
                            So what level should be right for Germany?
                            100k for platinum?

                            Comment


                            • Is this the first official chart position?

                              #1 in Finland.

                              Comment


                              • Chart Watch
                                Catalog Report: AC/DC's 1980 classic Back In Black returns to #1 on the Catalog Albums chart. The album sold 9,000 copies this week and would have ranked #52 on the big chart if older, catalog albums were eligible to compete there.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by lostprophet
                                  Chart Watch
                                  Catalog Report: AC/DC's 1980 classic Back In Black returns to #1 on the Catalog Albums chart. The album sold 9,000 copies this week and would have ranked #52 on the big chart if older, catalog albums were eligible to compete there.

                                  With "Black Ice" headed for #1 on BB200 next week, we might see the catalog chart flooded with AC/DC albums once more! Could we get 7 in the top 50 and 13 in the top 200 again next week???
                                  Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

                                  Let there be rock!

                                  Comment


                                  • With this unreal success of ACDC,it reminds us all of the fact they are one of the biggest music acts ever!

                                    Cheers Cidermaster
                                    You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by MJDangerous
                                      The back catalog of AC/DC is getting promotion in France too, here is the result on the catalog chart:

                                      #3 Live
                                      #5 Back In Black
                                      #6 Highway To Hell
                                      #14 High Voltage
                                      #17 The Razors Edge
                                      #25 If You Want Blood, Youve Got It
                                      #26 For Those About To Rock (we Salute You)
                                      #27 Ballbreaker
                                      #33 Let There Be Rock
                                      #39 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

                                      Not bad
                                      This week:

                                      #2 Live (+1)
                                      #3 Back In Black (+2)
                                      #5 Highway To Hell (+1)
                                      #9 For Those About To Rock (we Salute You) (+17)
                                      #11 The Razors Edge (+6)
                                      #12 High Voltage (+2)
                                      #13 Ballbreaker (+14)
                                      #16 If You Want Blood, Youve Got It (+9)
                                      #18 Powerage (NE)
                                      #24 Flick Of The Switch (NE)
                                      #25 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (+14)
                                      #26 Let There Be Rock (+7)
                                      #31 Fly On The Wall (NE)

                                      + Stiff Upper Lip #193 album chart (shouldn't be charted here but in the catalog chart too).

                                      25 June 2009, the day the Music died

                                      Comment


                                      • Black Ice #1 in Sweden. Dunno in how many days.

                                        Also:

                                        #43 Back In Black

                                        Midprice
                                        #4 Razor's Edge
                                        #5 Still Upper Lip
                                        #7 High Voltage
                                        25 June 2009, the day the Music died

                                        Comment


                                        • For Norway Black Ice is facing strong competition next week: the two biggest local sellers are also releasing albums this week; they both cater to the adult audience that still buy cd's (but so do Ac/Dc I guess ) but should Black Ice fail to go no 1 that would be the explanation

                                          Comment


                                          • Ireland

                                            Albums:
                                            #1 BLACK ICE
                                            #47 LIVE
                                            #54 BACK IN BLACK
                                            #72 THE RAZORS EDGE

                                            Dvds:
                                            #1 NO BULL
                                            #6 LIVE AT DONNINGTON
                                            #9 PLUG ME IN
                                            Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by MJDangerous
                                              This week:

                                              #2 Live (+1)
                                              #3 Back In Black (+2)
                                              #5 Highway To Hell (+1)
                                              #9 For Those About To Rock (we Salute You) (+17)
                                              #11 The Razors Edge (+6)
                                              #12 High Voltage (+2)
                                              #13 Ballbreaker (+14)
                                              #16 If You Want Blood, Youve Got It (+9)
                                              #18 Powerage (NE)
                                              #24 Flick Of The Switch (NE)
                                              #25 Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (+14)
                                              #26 Let There Be Rock (+7)
                                              #31 Fly On The Wall (NE)

                                              + Stiff Upper Lip #193 album chart (shouldn't be charted here but in the catalog chart too).

                                              Vow! 14 charting albums in France!!!
                                              Even usually poor catalog sellers like Flick Of The Switch and Fly On The Wall! Great!

                                              MJD are Live & Live 2cd tracked combined in France? This would explain why it always outsell the rest of their catalog and why Live 2cd never charts.
                                              Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

                                              Let there be rock!

                                              Comment


                                              • It's going to be really interesting to see how this pans out over the next few months, because 'Black Ice' is reviving interest in their back catalogue as well (which was always fairly strong anyway).

                                                It shows the long term benefits of not releasing Greatest Hits compilations, and now, of not going on iTunes !

                                                AC/DC are still a very cool band, good on 'em.
                                                My God, it's full of Beatles albums !

                                                Comment


                                                • Originally posted by bobcatbob
                                                  It's going to be really interesting to see how this pans out over the next few months, because 'Black Ice' is reviving interest in their back catalogue as well (which was always fairly strong anyway).

                                                  It shows the long term benefits of not releasing Greatest Hits compilations, and now, of not going on iTunes !

                                                  AC/DC are still a very cool band, good on 'em.
                                                  True. AC/DC has always been strong catalog sellers, and the current album is getting the catalog even more attention!

                                                  We are seeing lots of catalog albums in the charts on both sides of the Atlantic... and downunder of course!
                                                  Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

                                                  Let there be rock!

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Originally posted by Dane
                                                    Originally posted by borderwolf
                                                    Argentina
                                                    weekly (12/10/2008 - 18/10/2008) shipments chart

                                                    #2 Blac Ice
                                                    (AC/DC)
                                                    When was it released in Argentina?
                                                    Yesterday, Sony BMG Argentina announced that the album became gold in a few hours.

                                                    http://www.sonybmg.com.ar/noticias.a...0&Gac_Cod=9140

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X