• Originally posted by Aries
    Originally posted by Dane
    Originally posted by borderwolf
    Argentina
    weekly (12/10/2008 - 18/10/2008) shipments chart

#2 Blac Ice
    (AC/DC)
    When was it released in Argentina?
    Yesterday, Sony BMG Argentina announced that the album became gold in a few hours.

http://www.sonybmg.com.ar/noticias.a...0&Gac_Cod=9140
    looks like Sony is surprised by it!!
    they shipped that number of copies..how can be surprised??
    http://www.worldwidealbums.net/
    Worldwide sales, Daily music news, music History

Comment

• Originally posted by Aries
      Argentina

#2 Blac Ice
      (AC/DC)
      Yesterday, Sony BMG Argentina announced that the album became gold in a few hours.

Thanks, I get it. It's #2 on the shipment chart, not a sales chart!
      Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by zago
        Originally posted by Aries
        Argentina

#2 Blac Ice
        (AC/DC)

What do you mean? It sold out in a few hours? I don't read Spanish :-?

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane
          Originally posted by zago
          Argentina

#2 Blac Ice
          (AC/DC)

What do you mean? It sold out in a few hours? I don't read Spanish :-?
          they say
          "AC/DC se convirtiů en disco de oro a tan solo unas pocas horas de su lanzamiento!"

that means that "the album became "gold" after only few hours"

and looks like they are surprised by that.

but is ridicolous because is Sony that have shipped that 20k (if i remember well) that are enough for the "Gold" status.

Comment

• They are happy that they shipped 20,000 copies in its first day. Of course they already knew it, but they announce it on the website for everyone to know.

I'm looking forward to the US and Canada's first week numbers. Two rock bands opened with big numbers in Canada this year: Coldplay sold 90,000 in a week and Metallica sold 80,000 copies in 3 days.

Comment

• Thanks for the explanation Zago.

They are happy that they shipped 20,000 copies in its first day. Of course they already knew it, but they announce it on the website for everyone to know.

I'm looking forward to the US and Canada's first week numbers. Two rock bands opened with big numbers in Canada this year: Coldplay sold 90,000 in a week and Metallica sold 80,000 copies in 3 days.
              I think Black Ice will top 100k in Canada. I know they're big up there, their catalog is selling really well, and Back In Black is one of the biggest rock releases in Canada of all time.

Let there be rock!

Comment

• they could sell over 1,5m in first week

Comment

• Originally posted by zago
                  they could sell over 1,5m in first week
                  Yes ! It depends of the United States : with a debut more near of 1 million, I think they could sell between 1.5 and 2 million worldwide.

Comment

• ICE COVERS THE EARTH: AC/DCís Black Ice is more than a stateside phenomenon. The album is exploding at retail all over the world, with an initial shipment of more than 2.1 milllion. The biggest territories are Germany (550k), Canada (344k), the U.K. (227k), France (209k) and the bandís native Australia (202k). Whatís more, the European and North American legs of the ďBlack Ice World TourĒ reportedly sold out in a matter of minutes, while worldwide catalog sales on the year are a split hair short of 5 million units. So it appears that rock is alive and well on a global basis. (HDD)

Comment

• Selling 2.1 million is brilliant, how come it ship 550k in Germany, I guess it's 200k at most for first week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
                        ICE COVERS THE EARTH: AC/DCís Black Ice is more than a stateside phenomenon. The album is exploding at retail all over the world, with an initial shipment of more than 2.1 milllion. The biggest territories are Germany (550k), Canada (344k), the U.K. (227k), France (209k) and the bandís native Australia (202k). Whatís more, the European and North American legs of the ďBlack Ice World TourĒ reportedly sold out in a matter of minutes, while worldwide catalog sales on the year are a split hair short of 5 million units. So it appears that rock is alive and well on a global basis. (HDD)

2.1M + 2.5M in the US = it has already shipped 4.6M WW!!!

344k in Canada! that's 3Ĺ x p already!

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Worldwide catalog sales 5 million this year! Last year they sold 1.3m in the US, that may be higher this year, but still around 3.5m catalog sales outside US!!!

Let there be rock!

Comment

• I hope their record company is gonna award a bunch of certs in all markets, both for Black Ice and their catalog, where are all those 49M Back In Black albums shipped for example???

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Vanacoring
                              ICE COVERS THE EARTH: AC/DCís Black Ice is more than a stateside phenomenon. The album is exploding at retail all over the world, with an initial shipment of more than 2.1 milllion. The biggest territories are Germany (550k), Canada (344k), the U.K. (227k), France (209k) and the bandís native Australia (202k). Whatís more, the European and North American legs of the ďBlack Ice World TourĒ reportedly sold out in a matter of minutes, while worldwide catalog sales on the year are a split hair short of 5 million units. So it appears that rock is alive and well on a global basis. (HDD)
                              Not that I want to dismiss it (most of my comments are possitive towards AC/DC and their sales), but how come they sold 5 million copies with their back catalog worldwide?. I guess they sold over a million in USA, but I donīt see them doing that well elsewhere. Any breakdown even if based on "guesswork" or estimations?. MJDangerous?. Dane?.

Comment

• I know. That's why I wanna see some certs!

Let there be rock!

Comment

344k in Canada! that's 3Ĺ x p already!
                                  Plat is 80k now, so it is already well over 4xP

Hur, they sold hugely out of US too. Just look at their 14 albums among the 32 best selling catalog albums in France, much, much better than in US. I guess they count albums and DVDs, and they refer to shipment, so 5m is not impossible. I think that they probably shipped anywhere from 1m to 2m worldwide of their old albums in the last 2-3 weeks alone.
                                  25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

• Thanks MJ. Do You think Live/Live 2cd are tracked combined in France?

Let there be rock!

Comment

I know. That's why I wanna see some certs!
                                      Obviously if those numbers are true, that means they shipped at least 9,600,000 copies worldwide (new album + back catalog).

Yes, some certifications are needed. The most interesting markets would be UK, Canada, and Australia. Just imagibe the amount of copies they would get if their catalog was probably audited.

Comment

Thanks MJ. Do You think Live/Live 2cd are tracked combined in France?
                                        Oops, I missed that question first. Yes they are

Comment

• Black Ice first week predictions:

800K USA
                                          250K Germany
                                          125K Canada
                                          110K UK
                                          90K France
                                          70K Australia

Already 1445K

BTW, they debut at #3 in Netherlands. They are topped by Frans Bauer (10 #1 albums since 1996) and Isle Delange (last album 7 weeks #1), two of the biggest acts from Netherlands. Great sales yet, since they sold 76% of the #1 sales, with estimates around 8k.

Pretty incredible considering Stiff Upper Lip peaked at #36
                                          Let There Be Rock peaked at #8 and that was their best chart peak ever, none of their albums from the 80's, 90's and 00's reached the top 20, even Back In Black missed it!

Comment

• Originally posted by MJDangerous
                                            Thanks MJ. Do You think Live/Live 2cd are tracked combined in France?
                                            Oops, I missed that question first. Yes they are
                                            Thanks, that explains a lot. In the US, Live and Live 2cd are the 2nd and 3rd biggest catalog sellers since 2003 (when the remasters came). Combined they're pretty close to Back In Black.

Let there be rock!

Comment

Black Ice first week predictions:

800K USA
                                              250K Germany
                                              125K Canada
                                              110K UK
                                              90K France
                                              70K Australia

Already 1445K

BTW, they debut at #3 in Netherlands. They are topped by Frans Bauer (10 #1 albums since 1996) and Isle Delange (last album 7 weeks #1), two of the biggest acts from Netherlands. Great sales yet, since they sold 76% of the #1 sales, with estimates around 8k.

Pretty incredible considering Stiff Upper Lip peaked at #36
                                              Let There Be Rock peaked at #8 and that was their best chart peak ever, none of their albums from the 80's, 90's and 00's reached the top 20, even Back In Black missed it!

UK prediction was 120-140K. Have they downgraded that?

Relatively small audience in Holland, yet Rotterdam show sold out quickly!

Let there be rock!

Comment

• They are up to 82k in UK. With weekend sales, they should sell easily over 120k, but I wanted to stay conservative

Comment

• Im sorry but your wrong about 5 million catalogue sales for this year, thats around or slightly more than The Beatles, I dont know where you get your information from, but they are expected to do about 1 million in the US excluding Black ice this year and then just short of that in the rest of the world, come on!!!

Comment

They are up to 82k in UK. With weekend sales, they should sell easily over 120k, but I wanted to stay conservative
                                                    OK

From music week:

AC/DC on course for massive global sales
                                                    16:56 | Thursday October 23, 2008

By Tom Evans

AC/DCís Black Ice looks on course to be one of the yearís biggest album releases, with sales both sides of the Atlantic soaring.

In the UK the album has sold around 70,000 copies in its first three days of release, way ahead of its nearest rival, Off With Their Heads by the Kaiser Chiefs, which has sold around 28,000 in the same time frame.

First-day sales in the US reached almost 200,000 and itís looking likely the album will shift over 800,000 in its first week, despite being sold exclusively through Wal-Mart.

The album is expected to top the charts in 19 countries this weekend despite not being available digitally.

Black Ice was leaked online two weeks ago and more than 700,000 downloads have been charted by online measurement site BigChampagne.com.

It has been eight years since the bandís last album Stiff Upper Lip and this would be their first UK Number 1 Album in 28 years.

AC/DC begin a 42 date world tour on October 28.
                                                    Of course the 42 dates is just the beginning of a 18 month tour.

Let there be rock!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X