155 141 127 124 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

• Thank U

glad to see this is charting regularly
        But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
        and don't forget the joker

Comment

• Italy

HIGHWAY TO HELL AC/DC EPIC SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT 1979-07-27 ORO 20/2014

(Gold)

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
            5/17 Billboard 200

155 141 127 124 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp
            5/24 Billboard 200

169 155 141 125 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

5/31 Billboard 200

166 169 155 126 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

• 6/7 Billboard 200

155 166 169 127 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

• 6/14 Billboard 200

142 155 166 128 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

• 6/21 Billboard 200

164 142 155 129 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

• Sweden

Sverigetopplistan DVD

#10 RE No Bull

#20 RE Live at River plate

Comment

• 6/28 Billboard 200

91 164 142 130 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

• I wonder If this album is anywhere near 23 x platinum certification?

Comment

• Italy

LIVE '92 AC/DC EPIC SONY MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT 28-02-2003 ORO 25/2014

(Gold)

Comment

• Great a new tour it´s coming! but will that include a new record?

Comment

• Originally posted by abdon
                              I wonder If this album is anywhere near 23 x platinum certification?
                              Certified 22xp in Dec. 2007.

That would have to be 500k in shipments since it is a 2cd album.

Probably not..

7/5 Billboard 200

118 91 164 131 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

Originally posted by abdon

BIB is not a 2CD album

Comment

• ^It's not? Whoops! I assumed since it was 22xp. lol

Comment

• Ha ha, , seems Bigham needs some Back in Black in his I-phone, once you start ac/dc´s rock n´ roll train there´s no way to stop it!

and yes back in black contains the title track, hell bells, you shook me all night long, rock n roll ain´t noise pollution, what do you do for money honey, shoot to thrill, given the dog a bone, have a drink on me etc etc etc

I think 23 platinum would definitely take some time

Comment

• 7/12 Billboard 200

161 118 91 132 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

SoundScan estimate by oldbloke:

BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC 3,096,000

Comment

• http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... spitalized

AC/DC Completes New Album, Malcolm Young Hospitalized

By Lars Brandle | July 10, 2014

The veteran Australian rock group had entered a recording studio in Vancouver earlier this year to work on the follow-up to 2008’s global hit “Black Ice.”

The album is now finished. And the band members are apparently happy with the fruits of their labour, frontman Brian Johnson has told Classic Rock magazine.

“It was brilliant over there. We’re done. I’m very excited and we’ve got some great songs,” Johnson comments.

The news isn’t quite so cheery for Malcolm Young. The band’s founding rhythm guitarist has been hospitalized with the illness that forced him to take a break from the band, and sparked the false rumor that AC/DC would call it quits.

“We miss Malcolm obviously. He’s a fighter. He’s in hospital but he’s a fighter,” Johnson adds. “We’ve got our fingers crossed that he’ll get strong again.”

Young’s brother Angus filled-in for the sessions alongside Malcolm’s nephew Stevie Young, who was "magnificent” in the studio Johnson explained. “But when you’re recording with this thing hanging over you and your work mate isn’t well, it’s difficult.”

AC/DC is Australia’s biggest rock ‘n’ roll export, having sold more than 200 million albums over a career spanning more than four decades.

If the last album was anything to go by, AC/DC's new release should receive a warm welcome. “Black Ice” was an international smash, shipping more than 5.3 million units by year's-end en route to topping sales charts in 29 countries -- including the U.S. -- according to Sydney-based Alberts. The subsequent tour in support of the album is recognized as one of the biggest grossing treks in history. When the act returned for the “Black Ice” stadium tour of Australia, roughly 650,000 tickets were snapped up (the country has a population of about 22 million).

AC/DC was inducted into the ARIA Hall of Fame in 1988 and into the Rock And Rock Hall Of Fame in 2003.

Earlier this year Johnson hinted that AC/DC would play a 40-date tour to commemorate the group's 40th anniversary.

Johnson kept mum on the new set’s title. “I wanted to call the album ‘Man Down’,” he said. “But it’s a bit negative and it was probably just straight from the heart. I like that.”

Comment

Originally posted by abdon

Probably not..

7/5 Billboard 200

118 91 164 131 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp
                                          It is actually well overdue a new cert.
                                          22xP on Dec 13th 2007.
                                          Soundscan figure Nov 25th 2007: 1,976,925
                                          Oldbloke's recent SS est.: 3,096,000

That's 1.11 million since last cert. Plus it received additional sales via the Walmart special "Sight & Sound Collection" bundle which was tracked seperately by SS (30,000 after 3 weeks). http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sight-Sound-C ... VD/8001678

Note: the 3,096,000 SS figure is for the remaster only (released in 2003). The original scanned 4,023,000.
                                          Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Welcome back, Dane!
                                            Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• 7/19 Billboard 200

145 161 118 133 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

7/26 Billboard 200

148 145 161 134 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• 8/3 Billboard 200

153 148 145 135 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• Cool !!! I´m pretty shure AD/DC will bring the house down !! as soon as the new album date release is confirm

Comment

8/2 Billboard 200

153 148 145 135 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP
                                                    Sales estimate by oldbloke:

BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC 3,103,000

8/9 Billboard 200

167 153 148 136 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

Working...
                                                    X