No announcement yet.

AC/DC :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news, but a new album will be coming out!

http://loudwire.com/acdc-biographer-doe ... ng-return/

AC/DC Biographer Does Not Expect to See Guitarist Malcolm Young Return to Band
    by Graham 'Gruhamed' Hartmann August 6, 2014

Since AC/DC formed in 1973, guitarist Malcolm Young, along with his brother Angus, has been rocking the planet basically nonstop. After over 40 years with the iconic rock band, Malcolm Young has been sidelined with serious health issues. Malcolm’s future with AC/DC is still in question, but Jesse Fink, author of the new book ‘The Youngs: The Brothers Who Built AC/DC,’ says he’s “not expecting to see Malcolm return.”

The Young family and AC/DC have kept the details of Malcolm’s illness private, though it’s been rumored that the rock legend had suffered a stroke, could be dealing with Alzheimer’s, dementia or possibly cancer. A source has also claimed that Malcolm is having trouble recognizing familiar faces.

Boston radio station WZLX spoke with AC/DC biographer Jesse Fink about Malcolm Young, uncovering what could be the most detailed explanation of Young’s future to date. “I’m not expecting to see Malcolm return,” says Fink. “I think the important thing is we all let Mal be and hope he can recover. But I think we should all expect that Stevie Young (Malcolm’s nephew) is in the band now.”

In addition Fink tells Ultimate Classic Rock, “As far as I’m concerned, his illness is a private matter. However, fans seem to think his illness is just going to quickly go away and he’s going to be there on stage when they announce their tour. If what I have heard from numerous sources is true, then I expect Stevie Young will be touring with the band and not Malcolm. That’s not a seditious viewpoint. It’s realistic.”

Though Fink’s insight is somber news, the biographer speaks well of the band’s upcoming album, their first ever without Malcolm. “I’m hearing on very reliable authority the new album is up there with [2009?s] ‘Black Ice‘ or even better,” Fink reveals. “So Stevie must be a good replacement for Mal.”

AC/DC are hoping to release their latest album in 2014
    . Stay tuned for more on AC/DC and the band’s newest offering as news breaks.

Comment

• 8/16 Billboard 200

151 167 153 137 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• Great can´t wait for the new album they´ve said is better than black ice

Let´s see !! for me Black Ice is a real gem from the 2000 !! it´s hard to find good album since 1999
        But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
        and don't forget the joker

Comment

• 8/23 Billboard 200

142 151 167 138 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• Thanks glad that 2 hard rock albums with black covers are charting for good

Comment

• 8/30 Billboard 200

154 142 151 139 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

9/6 Billboard 200

157 154 142 140 Back In Black - AC/DC 22xP

9/13 Billboard 200

175 157 154 141 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

9/20 Billboard 200

166 175 157 142 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• Italy

53 (35) Back In Black

74 (RE) Iron Man 2

BIB is approaching 200 weeks on the album chart (197 weeks so far).

Comment

• 9/27 Billboard 200

191 166 175 143 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/rumormill.cgi

HELL’S BELLS ARE RINGING: Columbia has just confirmed those rumors rumbling up from the netherworld, announcing the release of Rock or Bust, AC/DC’s first studio album in six years. The new record, hitting on 12/2, can be seen as a gift-wrapped present to the label’s Q4 bottom line; previous LP Black Ice debuted at #1 in 31 countries back in 2008 and went on to move nearly 8m units worldwide. Like its predecessor, Rock or Bust was produced by Brendan O'Brien (Springsteen, Pearl Jam, Stone Temple Pilots) and mixed by Mike Fraser. Starting this weekend, baseball fans will be hearing a lot of album track “Play Ball,” which will be used extensively in Turner Sports’ coverage of the American League postseason. AC/DC will spend much of 2015 touring the world behind Rock or Bust, but they’ll do so without founding member Malcolm Young, whose ongoing medical condition forced him to retire prior to the recording sessions this spring. Stevie Young, nephew of Angus and Malcolm Young, plays rhythm guitar on the new album and will also be part of the band’s touring lineup. (9/24a)

Comment

• Nice to see this Hell Bells ! I really want this new album to be as good as it´s predecessor

Comment

• 10/4 Billboard 200

163 191 166 144 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• Italy
                          week 38

THE RAZORS EDGE
                          AC/DC

certified Gold
                          Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• ROCK or BUST!
                            Bring it on!
                            I'm hoping for a great album with strong sales. Expecting a big catalog boost too of course :-)
                            Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dane
                              ROCK or BUST!
                              Bring it on!
                              I'm hoping for a great album with strong sales. Expecting a big catalog boost too of course :-)
                              Maybe... we are two dreamers...
                              Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• 10/11 Billboard 200

151 163 191 145 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                  10/11 Billboard 200

151 163 191 145 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xp
                                  23xP well overdue! Let's hope it gets a new cert soon with the new album and tour coming up. Their 1992 "Live" & "Live Collector's Edition" albums have both been overdue for years as well.

I suppose "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap", "If You Want Blood", "Powerage" and "Blow Up Your Video" could be ready too.
                                  And how about the DVDs? "Live at River Plate" hasn't even been certified yet!
                                  Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

Let there be rock!

Comment

• ^Sales estimate by oldbloke for the 10/11 chart:

BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC 3,126,000

It has sold 95,000 in 2014.

22xp in December 2007

Comment

• 10/18 Billboard 200

146 151 163 146 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• 2017 !! Back in Black might be certified 23xplatinum

Comment

• Venezuela
                                          www.recordland.com
                                          dvd chart

Ac/dc
                                          Rough And Tough
                                          Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• 10/18 BB200 sales estimate from oldbloke:

BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC 3,128,000

10/25 Billboard 200

142 146 151 147 Back In Black, AC/DC 22xP

Comment

• Venezuela
                                              http://www.recordland.com
                                              dvd chart

Ac/dc
                                              Rough And Tough
                                              Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• 11/1 Billboard 200

155 AC/DC BACK IN BLACK 2,525 -11% 2,828 3,133,291 22xP

Comment

• 11/8 Billboard 200

107 AC/DC BACK IN BLACK 3,340 +32% 2,525 3,136,631 22xP

Comment

• 11/8 Billboard's Hot Digital Songs

175 AC/DC THUNDERSTRUCK 6,951 0 6,931 907,078

The "Mastertone" has been certified 1xP.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X