Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AC/DC :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 'Rock Or Bust' had a massive opening (~ 250k?) and ended up reaching diamond status in Germany, so I'm curious about 'Power Up's performance there.
    Pro: freedom of speech
    Contra: cancel culture

    Comment


    • Swiss Charts

      33 (RE) 4 Shot In The Dark
      37 (NEW) 1 Realize
      54 (NEW) 1 Kick You When You're Down

      1 (NEW) 1 Power Up
      61 (100) 56 Back In Black <2xP>

      Comment


      • Czech Republic

        IFPI ČR Hitparáda - CZ - ALBUMS - TOP 100
        #3 NEW Power Up


        Slovak Republic

        IFPI ČR Hitparáda - SK - ALBUMS - TOP 100
        #15 NEW Power Up

        Comment


        • Austria

          AC/DC Power Up Album PLATIN Sony 25.11.2020

          Comment


          • 179K in its first week in Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
            31K of them are in Switzerland, so 148K in Austria and Germany.
            Last edited by floria; Thu November 26, 2020, 18:23.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by floria View Post
              179K in its first week in Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
              31K of them are in Switzerland, so 148K in Austria and Germany.
              They’ve always sold lots of albums in Germany! Black Ice sold a million copies there.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by floria View Post
                179K in its first week in Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
                31K of them are in Switzerland, so 148K in Austria and Germany.
                Is there a source for that?

                We never get figures from Switzerland, that's why I'm curious.

                Anyways, 31k in Switzerland is absolutely huge. Platinum is 20k, so that's already halfway to double Platinum

                Comment


                • 'Power Up' reached platinum for 15k+ shipped copies in Austria.
                  Pro: freedom of speech
                  Contra: cancel culture

                  Comment


                  • Germany:
                    1 (1) Power Up 2 weeks (No. 1 for 2 weeks) *re-peak*

                    It should be eligible for platinum now.
                    Pro: freedom of speech
                    Contra: cancel culture

                    Comment


                    • AC/DC sell 348,000 albums worldwide of 'Power up'. I don't think they sold 148 k in Switzerland, Germany and Austria..the total would have been more.

                      ​​​​​​http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Rockintunesbaby View Post
                        AC/DC sell 348,000 albums worldwide of 'Power up'. I don't think they sold 148 k in Switzerland, Germany and Austria..the total would have been more.

                        ​​​​​​http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums.htm
                        The official source (offiziellecharts.de) claims that it sold close to 160k copies in its first week in Germany alone, which are the biggest first week sales of the week thus far. Along with its 2nd week sales (Not announced, but I can't imagine them dropping more than 75% in week 2, which would be ~ 40k), they are definitely eligible for platinum by now.

                        It sold 160k+117k+62k~339k copies in the three countries UK, US and Germany alone.
                        Last edited by theMathematician; Sun November 29, 2020, 00:35.
                        Pro: freedom of speech
                        Contra: cancel culture

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                          The official source (offiziellecharts.de) claims that it sold close to 160k copies in its first week in Germany alone, which are the biggest first week sales of the week thus far. Along with its 2nd week sales (Not announced, but I can't imagine them dropping more than 75% in week 2, which would be ~ 40k), they are definitely eligible for platinum by now.

                          It sold 160k+117k+62k~339k copies in the three countries UK, US and Germany alone.
                          yeah I think MT's estimates are too conservative, I believe they still have a massive following in LatAm countries too

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

                            yeah I think MT's estimates are too conservative, I believe they still have a massive following in LatAm countries too
                            They probably heavily underestimated Germany's sales, which makes no sense because their last album sold 250k copies in its first week and reached diamond status. There was no evidence to assume that they'd drop severely in terms of popularity here.
                            Pro: freedom of speech
                            Contra: cancel culture

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                              They probably heavily underestimated Germany's sales, which makes no sense because their last album sold 250k copies in its first week and reached diamond status. There was no evidence to assume that they'd drop severely in terms of popularity here.
                              Don’t forgot more and more people are streaming now.

                              Comment


                              • Austria, Germany and Switzerland are 180K first week, US 117K, UK 62K and France 37K, so 396K only from these countries, they are at least 520-540K in its first week in the world.

                                Comment


                                • Originally posted by Rockintunesbaby View Post

                                  Don’t forgot more and more people are streaming now.
                                  You're talking about Germany, where physical records are highly valued and where cult acts actually have a following. They don't get dropped like a hot potato around here, unlike the US.
                                  Pro: freedom of speech
                                  Contra: cancel culture

                                  Comment


                                  • Swiss Charts

                                    Out (33) 4 Shot In The Dark
                                    Out (37) 1 Realize
                                    Out (54) 1 Kick You When You're Down

                                    1 (1) 2 Power Up
                                    Out (61) 56 Back In Black <2xP>

                                    Comment


                                    • Japan Orico Charts

                                      AC/DC Power Up

                                      2.34 2694 Sold
                                      3.44 1414 Sold



                                      Last edited by hardrockfan; Sat December 12, 2020, 06:47.

                                      Comment


                                      • Germany:
                                        1 (1) Power Up 3 weeks (No. 1 for 3 weeks) *re-peak*
                                        Pro: freedom of speech
                                        Contra: cancel culture

                                        Comment


                                        • Uk Certification
                                          Ac/Dc Power Up Columbia Silver Album 20.11.2020 13.11.2020 60,000

                                          Comment


                                          • Originally posted by theMathematician View Post

                                            The official source (offiziellecharts.de) claims that it sold close to 160k copies in its first week in Germany alone, which are the biggest first week sales of the week thus far. Along with its 2nd week sales (Not announced, but I can't imagine them dropping more than 75% in week 2, which would be ~ 40k), they are definitely eligible for platinum by now.

                                            It sold 160k+117k+62k~339k copies in the three countries UK, US and Germany alone.

                                            ​​​​​​Power Up probably did over 40,000 in week two. In just 3 weeks, PU is the best-selling album of the year in Germany:

                                            https://www.offiziellecharts.de/news...rescharts-2020

                                            They must be over 300,000, right?


                                            ​​​​​​Following the reopening of non-essential stores, the album takes the first position in France with 31,534 units!

                                            Week 1: 36,509 #01 (NE)

                                            Week 2: ~10,000 #05 (-4) (46,000)

                                            Week 3: 31,534 #01 (+4) (77,000)


                                            "Power Up" is No. 1 for a thrid week in Australia.

                                            It entered with 21,535 units, the best start of 2020. "Rock or Bust" did 28,190 units in 2014, it is therefore a very good support despite the fall in the market.

                                            "Power Up" also had gold in its first week in Spain (20,000 shipments)!

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by Hologan View Post


                                              ​​​​​​Power Up probably did over 40,000 in week two. In just 3 weeks, PU is the best-selling album of the year in Germany:

                                              https://www.offiziellecharts.de/news...rescharts-2020

                                              [FONT=Trebuchet MS]They must be over 300,000, right?
                                              I would say ~ 250k. My estimation would go like this: 160k - 50k - 35k.
                                              Pro: freedom of speech
                                              Contra: cancel culture

                                              Comment


                                              • Its holding up pretty well in the UK. The first rock album that I remember that has managed 3 weeks in the top 5! 1 - 3 - 5

                                                Comment


                                                • UK
                                                  For the week ending 5 December 2020
                                                  Top 200 Albums:
                                                  3° POWER UP - AC/DC (2 weeks), last week: 1°, peak: 1°
                                                  121° BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC (256 weeks), last week: 97°, peak: 1°x2
                                                  155° IRON MAN 2 (OST) - AC/DC (198 weeks), last week: 134°, peak: 1°

                                                  Official Download Singles Chart:
                                                  145° THUNDERSTRUCK - AC/DC (223 weeks), last week: 138°

                                                  Top 200 download albums:
                                                  4° POWER UP - AC/DC (2 weeks), last week: 1°
                                                  135° BACK IN BLACK - AC/DC (33 weeks), last week: 62°

                                                  Official Year-To-Date Albums Chart:
                                                  51° POWER UP - AC/DC (2 weeks), last week: 77°
                                                  Last edited by bonjovi81; Sun December 6, 2020, 19:12.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • What is the total for "Power Up" in the UK? Around 90-93k?

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X