No announcement yet.

Queen :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know why Queen are doing so well in Sweden today? Here are their current ITunes positions there...

Sweden (118)

Songs:

73. Don't Stop Me Now
    75. I Want to Break Free
    122. Bohemian Rhapsody
    133. The Show Must Go On

Albums:

6. Made In Heaven
    8. The Platinum Collection
    19. Greatest Hits
    75. Greatest Hits II
    89. Greatest Hits III
    95. Live At Wembley Stadium
    103. News of the World

Comment

• Yes... really strange what is happening in Sweden...

Made in heaven reached n. 4

Another good new... Greatest Hits is now at number 1 on itunes in Bulgaria, following all the itune performance of that country:

Single:
      Bohemian Rhapsody 1/1(2)
      Love of my life 117(1)
      We will rock you 21(3)
      Anotherone bites the dust 130(1)
      Album:
      Sheer heart attack 34(6)
      Greatest Hits 1/1(94)
      Greatest Hits III 34(2)
      Platinum Collection 1/3(469)
      Absolute Greatest 21(4)

Comment

• There must have been some kind of promotion involving Queen in Sweden or something. Maybe a documentary aired there on TV? Much like what happened in Australia and New Zealand recently when there was publicity as 'Queen+Adam Lambert' are touring there in September..

Queens Greatest Hits is still doing well in Australia btw - at number 41 on the main album chart down from 35 the week before. Its also at number 2 on the catalogue chart - a new peak I think?

Here is a news report from NME talking about the album 'Queen Forever' that should be coming out at year-end 2014. William Orbit may be the main producer and the Queen+ Michael Jackson tracks might be included. If they are I think this album will do really well..

http://www.nme.com/news/queen/78923

Comment

• Originally posted by HUR
          Originally posted by frankie_85
          Italy

62 (76) Platinum Collection

It's been charting good this year (compared to the last few years). It has now charted for 242 weeks in the FIMI album chart, only Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side Of The Moon" and "The Wall" have more weeks considering only foreign albums.
          Thank you for the details, guys. Good to see Platinum Collection doing well on all sorts of countries, from Itunes to the official charts in most countries.

Frankie, which are the foreign bands with the longest runs on the Top 100 (not counting individual albums, but all of them)? Pink Floyd remain at number one, but where do Queen rank?

It's ironic you're asking this question exactly in this week HUR, because Queen have now tied U2 thanks to the Platinum Collection charting Next week they will be above them if PC will still be charting.

1) Pink Floyd - 1.151 weeks
          2) Coldplay - 650 weeks
          3) Queen - 489 weeks
          3) U2 - 489 weeks
          5) Depeche Mode - 482 weeks

**Always keep in mind that the FIMI album chart is a top100 since February 2005, before this date we could only get some "extra" position thanks to the comprehensive (albums+compilations) chart.

Comment

• [quote=frankie_85]
            Originally posted by HUR
            Originally posted by "frankie_85":1cuolage
            Italy

62 (76) Platinum Collection

It's been charting good this year (compared to the last few years). It has now charted for 242 weeks in the FIMI album chart, only Pink Floyd's "The Dark Side Of The Moon" and "The Wall" have more weeks considering only foreign albums.
            Thank you for the details, guys. Good to see Platinum Collection doing well on all sorts of countries, from Itunes to the official charts in most countries.

Frankie, which are the foreign bands with the longest runs on the Top 100 (not counting individual albums, but all of them)? Pink Floyd remain at number one, but where do Queen rank?

It's ironic you're asking this question exactly in this week HUR, because Queen have now tied U2 thanks to the Platinum Collection charting Next week they will be above them if PC will still be charting.

1) Pink Floyd - 1.151 weeks
            2) Coldplay - 650 weeks
            3) Queen - 489 weeks
            3) U2 - 489 weeks
            5) Depeche Mode - 482 weeks

**Always keep in mind that the FIMI album chart is a top100 since February 2005, before this date we could only get some "extra" position thanks to the comprehensive (albums+compilations) chart.[/quote:1cuolage]

Thank you. Very convenient.

Comment

• Sweden

Sverigetopplistan DVD

#19 RE Live at Wembley stadium -25th Ann. ed. -27w.o.

Comment

• The good sales in sweden is bicause of the Freddie Mercury documentary- the great pretender was aired on prime time last week or so

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlymad
                  Originally posted by Robbie
                  'We Will Rock You' has just gone Silver in the UK

https://twitter.com/BPI_Music/status/487617333146714112
                  Am I right in presuming this award is for stand alone digital sales? I can't see how WWRY can be given a separate award to WATC unless it's for digital sales. So how many sales does this award represent and does HUR or anybody else have up to date UK digital single sales for Queen?
                  I'm sure it has something to do with streaming from social networks now being included for certifications purposes, which would have been given it a slight boost and pushed it to the Silver level.

Silver means 200,000 "sold" for the song. Most are downloads sales without any doubt, but streaming will have helped. This means it has done probably some 180,000 on digital downlaods.

We Will Rock You had sold 107,000 digital downloads by December 2010, so 180,000 by now would make sense in my view.

Comment

• Portugal
                    week 31

10 new
                    Queen
                    Greatest Hits II
                    Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Originally posted by borderwolf
                      Portugal
                      week 31

10 new
                      Queen
                      Greatest Hits II
                      Wonderful surpirse. Back to the Top 10 for the first time since 1992. It was number 1 for 7 weeks from December 1991 to February 1992 (Greatest Hits made it to number 3 during that time).

Comment

• Greatest Hits celebrates its 2-year-jubilee on the New Zealand Albums Chart this week.

Its chart run:
                        1 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 1 / 2 / 3 / 2 / 2 / 2 / 4 / 5 / 8 / 11 / 9 / 12 / 13 / 27 / 27 / 25 / 35 / 23 / 40 / - / 44 / 40 / 42 / 35 / 48 / - / 47 / 45 / 40 / 40 / 44 / 46 / - / 45 / 50 / - / 42 / - / 46 / - / 46 / 50 / - / 16 / 15 / 14 / 15 / 23 / 20 / 25 / 21 / 32 / 35 / 36 / 38 / 44 / 44 / 44 / - / 48 / 28 / 27 / 29 / 14 / 32 / 32 / 29 / 32 / 22 / 20 / 26 / 16 / 12 / 23 / 25 / 20 / 33 / 24 / 37 / 25 / 22 / 27 / 32 / 23 / 19 / 26 / 39 / 32 / 42 / 44 / 39 / 46 / 48 / 46 / 33 / 32 / 34 / 38 / 38 / 39 / 39 / 47 / 46 / 49 / 44 / - / 13 / 16 / 28
                        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• BB Boxscores

13 Queen + Adam Lambert Atlantic City Boardwalk Hall Atlantic City, N.J. July 26, 2014 $722,743 10,154 /
                          10,937 1 / 0 $149.50, $39.50 Live Nation

Comment

• South Korea
                            weekly shipments chart
                            Top International
                            9 august

The Platinum Collection
                            Queen

Greatest Hits I (2011 Remaster)
                            Queen
                            Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• South Korea
                              Monthly shipments chart
                              Top International
                              july 2014

The Platinum Collection
                              Queen
                              467 (1,357) copies
                              Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Sweden

Sverigetopplistan DVD

#8 RE Bohemian rhapsody - live in Budapest -18w.o.

Comment

• Really interesting auction on ebay at the moment, it's for a Gold Disc presented to Freddie Mercury by RIAA for sales of 500,000 copies of Mr Bad Guy I presume for sales in the USA. Never thought this was anywhere near it's sales in America as it's always been considered a huge flop. Question is do you think this award could be fake or real?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRDDIE-MUR...item3f3b31cb1c

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlymad
                                    Really interesting auction on ebay at the moment, it's for a Gold Disc presented to Freddie Mercury by RIAA for sales of 500,000 copies of Mr Bad Guy I presume for sales in the USA. Never thought this was anywhere near it's sales in America as it's always been considered a huge flop. Question is do you think this award could be fake or real?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FRDDIE-MUR...item3f3b31cb1c
                                    I'm pretty certain it is a fake.

Comment

• I agree with Jimmypages59. It is most likely fake. I read Mr. Bad Guy sold 175,000 copies in the USA years ago, will see if I find the article.

Comment

Ps, I agree with Jimmypages59. It is most likely fake. I read Mr. Bad Guy sold 175,000 copies in the USA years ago, will see if I find the article.
                                        I didn't come from a sales angle. I looked at Awards from that period and they are different, awards with just a vinyl disc have a different little plaque and wording, also most of them started to have a CD/Cassette/Vinyl on the actual award in the mid 1980's and also the album's label was originally Columbia not CBS, although they are both linked.

Comment

• Thanks for the additional details, Jimmy. What does the price of the award tell you compared to others?

Comment

Thanks for the additional details, Jimmy. What does the price of the award tell you compared to others?
                                            I'd say the price is irrelevant, in my learned opinion, it is someone who thinks he has an official award and doesn't know any better and is just trying to get a price he thinks represents an original/official award or he knows fine well it is a fake and is just playing dumb and hoping someone will not know the difference and snap it up. I absolutely hate the 2nd kind of seller and I quite often send them emails to tell them they are selling non original/fake etc stuff, I have also reported a few to ebay.

This is what an official one should look like http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/250 ... -guy-award the RIAA awards of the time, replicated this style of plaque as can be seen here on a Bob Dylan album from the same time period http://recordmecca.com/item-archives/bo ... ord-award/

Quite a few Queen awards/rarities on this page http://www.liveauctioneers.com/catalog/ ... ends/page2

Also here, the design on the ebay award looks similar to the ones for Jazz and Queen, but as you can see on the Hot Space one, the design has clearly been updated to by 1982/1983 and long before Mr Bad Guy http://www.rock-my-world.fr/pages/QUEEN ... 10963.html

Comment

• Just came across this, apologises if it really isn't that rare at all and you've all seen it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f61iHLckFy0#t=28

Comment

• New Zealand NZ Top 40:

Greatest Hits, Vol. 1
                                                26 (28)
                                                "Crime is increasing
                                                Trigger happy policing..."
                                                -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• Portugal
                                                  week 32

+ 2
                                                  8 (10)
                                                  Queen
                                                  Greatest Hits II
                                                  Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Interesting claim in the latest press release for the Queen + Adam Lambert Tour as the tour heads down under to Australia and New Zealand, I've highlighted it below

QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT
                                                    Fri 22 August 2014

The QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT Australian Tour will kick off in Perth on Friday 22 August at Perth Arena for the first tour of Australia since 1985.

QUEEN + ADAM LAMBERT received glowing reviews for their performance together in Las Vegas last September, triggering a conversation between Adam Lambert, Roger Taylor and Brian May to take the show on the road.

In a career spanning over 40 years Queen has amassed a staggering list of sales, awards, and hall of fame inductions that is second to none. Record sales in the hundreds of millions of units, including an unprecedented string of number one albums and top-charting singles that show Queen has the highest selling back catalogue in Australia, outselling even the Beatles.

Even with the tragic loss of their uniquely talented singer Freddie Mercury, Queen remain one of the most revered bands in rock and pop history, able to claim one of the most enduring song catalogues of all time.

Comment

• Thank you, Slightlymad. Interesting paragrapgh. It was extracted from the original Press Release, I guess.

Here is the complete version from Queenonline, out of interest:

"In a career spanning over 40 years Queen has amassed a staggering list of sales, awards, and hall of fame inductions that is second to none. Record sales in the hundreds of millions of units, including an unprecedented string of number one albums and top-charting singles that continue to put Queen in the top ten of all-time iTunes sales, seven Ivor Novello Awards, an MTV Global Icon Award, two songs enshrined in the Grammy Hall of Fame - "We Will Rock You" and "We Are the Champions" – which also remain the most played songs at sports events and arenas around the world. The statistics show Queen has the highest selling back catalogue in Australia, outselling even The Beatles. Even with the tragic loss of their uniquely talented singer Freddie Mercury, Queen remain one of the most revered bands in rock and pop history, able to claim one of the most enduring song catalogues of all time. Just think: "Bohemian Rhapsody", "Another One Bites the Dust", "Crazy Little Thing Called Love", "Radio Ga Ga", "Killer Queen", "Fat Bottomed Girls", "Bicycle Race", songs that form the backdrop to the lives of generations of fans across all ages. With their sterling song craft, virtuoso musicality, and colossal spectacle of their live performances, Queen – Brian May, Freddie Mercury, Roger Taylor and John Deacon - captured hearts and conquered charts like no other band in history, a legacy that continues to live through the ongoing work and concert performances by May and Taylor. Their musical We Will Rock You, co-created with writer Ben Elton, is approaching its 12th year on stage in London's West End and is currently touring North America."

I'm not sure what others make out of the above lines, especially the ones I just highlighted.

But it sounds they are talking about catalogue sales for digital tracks. It makes sense to me. I mean, Queen are probably the best or one of the very best selling "catalogue" acts -for digital downloads- in countries like UK and USA, probably the number one as a band. So I guess Australia is no exception.

I'm not sure if the article is referring to albums sales, anyway.

That doesn't mean Queen aren't one of the best selling albums acts in Australia -in fact, their Greatest Hits keeps selling every week-. But the above bit seems to be about digital tracks.

Maybe Innocenteyes can help us.

Comment

• I been thinking about this for a long time.

when they realesed greatest hits 2. They decided just to cover up the the last decade of Queen music insted of, like in most normal cases. Realese a greatest hits that also includes the tracks on the first greatest hits. I mean, they could have realesed it like double album and it would have included all their biggest hits and at that moment they could have withdraw the first greatest hits album from the stores like record companys sometimes do.

Now there is the platinum collection, greatests hits 1 and 2 and different countries counting sales different. One solId greatest hits that is A must buy for everyone would been better, just like Abba has Abba gold

Comment

• Originally posted by tryffel
                                                          I been thinking about this for a long time.

when they realesed greatest hits 2. They decided just to cover up the the last decade of Queen music insted of, like in most normal cases. Realese a greatest hits that also includes the tracks on the first greatest hits. I mean, they could have realesed it like double album and it would have included all their biggest hits and at that moment they could have withdraw the first greatest hits album from the stores like record companys sometimes do.

Now there is the platinum collection, greatests hits 1 and 2 and different countries counting sales different. One solId greatest hits that is A must buy for everyone would been better, just like Abba has Abba gold
                                                          Queen did this with Absolute Greatest which combined the best of Hits 1,2 and 3. It was reasonably successful going 2 x Platinum in the UK and a steady seller in Europe and Canada. I think Greatest Hits is such and iconic LP it's still what the general public turn to for the bands Greatest Hits!

Comment

• BB Boxscores

16 Queen + Adam Lambert The Forum Inglewood, Calif. July 3, 2014 $1,218,231 12,613 /
                                                            12,613 1 / 1 $149.50, $39.50 Live Nation

Comment

• South Korea
                                                              weekly shipments chart
                                                              Top International, 16 august

15 (93 on Overall)
                                                              The Platinum Collection
                                                              Queen

Greatest Hits I (2011 Remaster)
                                                              Queen
                                                              Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

Working...
                                                              X