• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Czech R & Slovakia

IFPI ?R Hitparáda - ALBUMS - TOP 100

#30 lw#36 Live at the Rainbow '74

Comment

• HOL DISNEY 123 QUEEN GREATEST HITS-WE WILL 5,768 5,509 5% 2,139 28,251 1,206,667 1,918 25,276 1,596,670

Over the last two weeks GREATEST HITS-WE WILL ROCK YOU registered in the USA the following numbers:

Album's sales:

Digital downloads:

Streamings:

Comment

• Queen UK Album Charts Weeks 2015
        12/04/2015
        67 (81) - Greatest Hits
        Weeks on Chart - 1481

Another Top75 week for Greatest Hits! Has anybody got the Top5, 10, 20, 75, 100, 200 weeks for GH1? I know there is still some debate for actual weeks on chart for GH1.

Comment

• Slightlymad - There is no 'Debate' about the UK Weeks On Chart of Greatest Hits 1 by Queen.
          It is a simple matter. The OCC have got them wrong. I used Hanboo's Weekly Positions for it,
          & I've added its Top 75 & Top 100 Weeks to Hanboo's Totals every Week that it is in the Top 100.

I've looked at every UK Album Chart since 1981 & I'm 100% certain that my Totals for it are
          accurate. (I've checked them over & over again).

The OCC give it 670 Top 100 Weeks. It actually has 695 Top 100 Weeks. The OCC give it over
          6 Months too few Top 100 Weeks.

They give Legend 665 Top 100 Weeks. That actually has 687 Top 100 Weeks. So they have
          22 Top 100 Weeks too few for that Bob Marley & The Wailers Album.

THE BREAKDOWN OF THE UK CHART WEEKS OF GREATEST HITS (ONE) BY QUEEN

No.1: 4 Weeks

Top 3: 12 Weeks

Top 5: 13 Weeks

Top 10: 23 Weeks

Top 20: 47 Weeks

Top 40: 153 Weeks

Top 75: 444 Weeks

Top 100: 695 Weeks

NOTE -- If the old Guinness & Virgin Hits Books were still being published, they would give Greatest Hits (One)
          509 Chart Weeks, to W/E 18th April 2015. That's because they use the entire Top 100 from W/E 8th August 1981
          to W/E 7th January 1989. During that period, the Queen Album had 62 Weeks, when it was between the No.76 &
          No.100 Positions. You add those 62 Weeks to its 444 Top 75 Weeks & you get 506 Chart Weeks for it. The UK Chart
          Books would say 509 Weeks, as they gave it 3 Weeks too many. 506 Chart Weeks is the 2nd most ever. Beaten only
          by Rumours by Fleetwood Mac, which has 419 Top 75 Weeks, plus 112 No.76 to No.100 Weeks, from August 1981
          to January 1989 = 531 Chart Weeks. (The Album with the most Top 75 Weeks is Gold by ABBA, which has 476 Weeks.
          The ABBA Album also has the most Top 100 Weeks - 703 - although The OCC say 701. So the Queen Album has the 2nd
          most Top 100 Weeks, (695), & it is only 8 Weeks behind ABBA Gold)

Zeus555

Comment

• Czech R & Slovakia

#59 lw#30 Live at the Rainbow '74

Comment

• 4/25 Billboard 200

105 124 113 37 Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You, Queen - not certified

Comment

19/04/2015
                93 (67) - Greatest Hits
                Weeks on Chart - 1482

So far this year we have been closely following Queen's total weeks on the UK album chart and with Greatest Hits and Forever both charting well at the start of the year their total has risen to 1482 weeks getting tantalisingly close to that magic 1500 weeks, thus being the first act to ever achieve this.

Now the debate, according to Zeus555 the OCC have the weeks on chart for Queen's Greatest Hits wrong, I have no doubt that Zeus is correct as he is one of the most respected chart experts here on ukmix. So with the OCC having QGH at 671weeks on the chart and Zeus555 having QGH on 696 then Queen's running total on the UK Album Chart should in fact be 1497, only 3 weeks away from the magic 1500!!!

So can anybody get the OCC to rectify their error and give Queen their true total or do we have to accept the OCC figure? Is there anybody we can contact at the OCC to clear this matter up?, do HUR or Edwood or Loris agree with Zeus555 or any other expert for that matter, this clearly needs to be sorted out as Queen may well pass 1500 weeks without even a whimper of publicity or recognition, how sad would that be.

Comment

• Czech R. & Slovakia

#37 lw#59 Live at the Rainbow '74

Comment

• wow, those weeks are really impressive
                    I am not trying to seduce you... Would you like me to seduce you? Is that what you're trying to tell me?

Comment

• 5/2 Billboard 200

112 105 124 38 Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You, Queen - not certified

Comment

• Czech R. & Slovakia

#33 lw#37 Live at the Rainbow '74

Comment

26/04/2015
                          82 (93) - Greatest Hits
                          Weeks on Chart - 1484

Queen UK Album Charts Weeks 2015
                          03/05/2015
                          88 (82) - Greatest Hits
                          Weeks on Chart - 1485

Hi everyone, well more updates on Queen's UK Album Chart success, I'm afraid I've been misleading you all about Queen's total. I based all my figures on an OCC article about Status Quo which stated Queen's total. Having been in touch with the OCC we now have new totals, all of Queen's Album stats are now on the Official UK Charts website so we can confirm the totals for ourselves. I have gone through the figures and we now have some great totals for the band. The list goes as follows

Queen in the UK Album Charts (including 03/05/2015)
                          Weeks at No1 - 21
                          Weeks in Top5 - 117
                          Weeks in Top10 - 210
                          Weeks in Top40 - 683 (I get 670)
                          Weeks in Top75 - 1388
                          Weeks in Top100 - 1818 !!! Wow that's nearly 35 years!!! only 2 more weeks until exactly 35 years on the Top100

These totals are still in doubt as Zeus555 believes GH1's total is wrong, he is in touch with the OCC so we will await the outcome.

New Update then as follows

03/05/2015
                          88 (82) - Greatest Hits
                          Weeks on Chart - 1818!!!

If everybody wants to check the figures that would be awesome, we could get a definitive total then.

Comment

• Thanks for keepng this updated, Slightlymad. Nice stats and presentation.

The UK stats are amazing, no doubt.

The only thing we need to know (I lost count myself) is the amount of weeks in the Official Top Chart overall.

This is important because, up to 1988, the Top 100 weeks were considered official, whilst, from 1989 onwards, only Top 75 weeks were counted. So Queen spent 1,388 weeks in the Top 75 and apparently 1,818 in the Top 100, but I'm not sure about the amount of weeks in the UK Official Chart overall.

Anyway, the most impressive is, for me, their Top 200 stats. I reckon no act has spent more Top 200 weeks in the UK than Queen there either, although this chart has only been available since 1983 or so, which makes it highly favourable for Queen, but still very impressive.

You can also use Hanboo's chart histories here (although last updated in May 2014, it worked as a base): viewtopic.php?p=673039#p673039

Comment

• Czech R & Slovakia

#31 lw#33 Live at the rainbow '74

Comment

• BB Boxscores

5 Queen + Adam Lambert Hallenstadion Zurich, Switzerland Feb. 19, 2015 $1,149,070 13,000 /
                                13,000 1 / 1 $93.69, $81.98 abc Production

Comment

• Czech R & Slovakia

#32 lw#45 Live at the Rainbow '74

Comment

10/05/2015
                                    86 (88) - Greatest Hits
                                    Weeks on Chart - 1819 Top100 Weeks

17/05/2015
                                    OUT (86) - Greatest Hits
                                    Weeks on Chart - 1819

For the first time this year (I think) Queen's Greatest Hits drops out of the Top100 UK Album Chart, can anybody confirm it's actual place this week?

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlymad
                                      For the first time this year (I think) Queen's Greatest Hits drops out of the Top100 UK Album Chart, can anybody confirm it's actual place this week?
                                      Last week Greatest Hits was #102.
                                      My personal estimation is 27/29,000 copies for 2015.

Comment

24/05/2015
                                        97 (102) - Greatest Hits
                                        Weeks on Chart - 1820

Congratulations to Freddie, Brian, Roger and John, that's exactly 35 YEARS!!! on the UK Top100 Album Chart, quite an achievement if our calculations are right, the first act in chart history to reach that figure.

Comment

• Czech R & Slovakia

#57 RE Live at the Rainbow ´74

Comment

• Thought it might be worth posting Queen's Greatest Hits chart run so far this year in the UK, it's as follows

Queen's Greatest Hits UK Album Chart 2015
                                            Jan 04th - 42
                                            Jan 11th - 35
                                            Jan 18th - 48
                                            Jan 25th - 65

Feb 01st - 78
                                            Feb 08th - 64
                                            Feb 15th - 66
                                            Feb 22nd - 74

Mar 01st - 82
                                            Mar 08th - 88
                                            Mar 15th - 92
                                            Mar 22nd - 83
                                            Mar 29th - 87

Apr 05th - 81
                                            Apr 12th - 67
                                            Apr 19th - 93
                                            Apr 26th - 82

May 03rd - 88
                                            May 10th - 86
                                            May 17th - 102
                                            May 24th - 97
                                            May 31st -113

June 07th - 129
                                            June 14th - ?

Comment

• Slightlymad - Queen have actually spent 1855 Weeks in the UK Album Top 100. (Not 1820).

The OCC only have Top 75's for the period of W/E 12th September 1992 to W/E 5th February 1994.

A Top 100 existed during that period.

Greatest Hits (One) had 32 No.76 to No.100 Positions during that time.

Live At Wembley '86 had 3 No.76 to No.100 Positions during that time.

Which is why The OCC are missing 35 Top 100 Weeks for Queen.

Incidently, Greatest Hits (One) is now only the 2nd Album to reach 700 Weeks in the UK Top 100.
                                              (The other being ABBA Gold, which has 710. The OCC say 708, but they miss out 2 No.77 Positions
                                              from 1993 & 1994).

The OCC give GH's One 675 Weeks. That is 7 Weeks too many, as they have added in 7 Weeks for
                                              the 1994 Double CD of Hits I & II.

You remove those 7 Weeks & you get 668 Top 100 Weeks.

Add in the 32 Top 100 Weeks that The OCC do not have, (1992 to 1994), & you get 700 Top 100 Weeks.

Zeus555

Comment

• Czech R & Slovakia

#71 lw#57 Live at the Rainbow '74

Comment

• Czech R & Slovakia

#37 lw#71 Live at the rainbow '74

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05
                                                    OFFICIAL CHARTS COMPANY MOST SUCCESSFUL UK CHART ACTS
                                                    AS OF 19TH FEBRUARY, 2015

Calculated by the amount of weeks on the chart for both Singles and Albums combined.
                                                    One point is gained for each week an album/or single appears in the Top 75:

1. Elvis – 2636 weeks (1302 weeks for singles) (1334 weeks for albums)
                                                    2. Cliff Richard – 2033 weeks (1177 weeks for singles) (856 weeks for albums)
                                                    3. Michael Jackson – 1906 weeks (686 weeks for singles) (1220 weeks for albums)
                                                    4. The Beatles – 1832 (461 weeks for singles) (1371 weeks for albums)
                                                    5. Queen – 1823 weeks (439 weeks for singles) (1384 weeks for albums)
                                                    6. Madonna – 1822 (736 weeks for singles) (1086 weeks for albums)
                                                    This is interesting. Any chance to get a top 10, and maybe a more updated list?
                                                    Tnx.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUR
                                                      Originally posted by thebigham
                                                      1/10/15 Billboar 200

128 Re-Entry 254 Greatest Hits, Queen 8xP

This is under-certified, correct?
                                                      Yes, probably a little bit by now.

It was certified 8x platinum in May 2006.

Soundscan sales were 5.7 million and they are now on about 7.225 million. In addition, It isn't clear whether the other version (Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You, released in 2004) was counted as part of the 8x platinum in 2006, but that one was on 440,000 then and it is now on about 1.25 million.

Both Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You seem to have sold a combined 2.3 million since the last certification.

Whether it should 9x platinum or diamond depends on two things:

-How overshipped it was in May 2006 (that certification was requested while the band was on tour)
                                                      -Whether Greatest Hits: We Will Rock You is counted or not

If it was overshipped and the Greatest Hits: We Will Rock edition isn't counted, it may be close to 9x platinum (and the We Will Rock You edition should go platinum on its own).

If it wasn't heavily overshipped and the Greatest Hits: We Will Rock was and is being included, then diamond is possible very soon.
                                                      HUR do we (you) have a Soundscan saleslevel when GH was certified 7P

Comment

• Queen's Greatest Hits UK Album Chart 2015 - Update
                                                        Jan 04th - 42
                                                        Jan 11th - 35
                                                        Jan 18th - 48
                                                        Jan 25th - 65

Feb 01st - 78
                                                        Feb 08th - 64
                                                        Feb 15th - 66
                                                        Feb 22nd - 74

Mar 01st - 82
                                                        Mar 08th - 88
                                                        Mar 15th - 92
                                                        Mar 22nd - 83
                                                        Mar 29th - 87

Apr 05th - 81
                                                        Apr 12th - 67
                                                        Apr 19th - 93
                                                        Apr 26th - 82

May 03rd - 88
                                                        May 10th - 86
                                                        May 17th - 102
                                                        May 24th - 97
                                                        May 31st -113

June 07th - 129
                                                        June 14th - 106
                                                        June 21st - 109
                                                        June 28th - 97

July 5th - 69
                                                        July 10th - 82

July 10th - 192 (Re) Queen Platinum Collection

Comment

• According to this article from Billboard:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... montevallo

Amy Winehouse's album Back to Black this week has sold 9,000 units being at place #96 of the Billboard top-200. Therefore Greatest Hits We Will Rock You Edition, being at place #89, has probably sold 9,500/10,000 copies.

In UK, Greatest Hits has probably reached 35,000 units, perhaps even 300,000 copies since 2011 to now.

Comment

• Thank you, guys.

And from the UK (according to Musicweek):

Bob Marley & The Wailers' classic 1984 compilation Legend was front page on iTunes all week, with a £6.99 price tag, hence its 54-16 move (3,876 sales). Number one for 12 weeks in 1984, it has now spent 452 weeks in the Top 75, moving ahead of Queen's Greatest Hits (451 weeks), which was just 19 sales outside the Top 75 itself this week, climbing 82-76 (1,289 sales). The only albums now to have a longer run in the Top 75 than Legend are Abba's Gold: Greatest Hits, which jumps 76-50 (1,751 sales) to achieve its 481st week in the Top 75 and Meat Loaf's Bat Out Of Hell (454 weeks). Bat Out Of Hell would be much further ahead but because it has a reduced dealer price it is currently exiled in the budget album chart, where it climbs 6-3 (1,692 sales) this week.

Comment

• UK Chart
                                                              #36 Greatest Hits
                                                              #66 Platinum Collection

Greatest Hits II is surely in the Top-200, as last Monday it was #85 in the mid-week chart. Greatest Hits may have sold 1,700 or 1,800 copies this week and may have already reached 40,000 units in 2015. Platinum Collection may have sold about 1,200 copies this week. In the USA, Platinum Collection is back in top-200, at #115. Greatest Hits We Will Rock You is no longer available on ITunes since 10 days. In Australia this week too sees Greatest Hits in the Top-50, precisely #44 like last week.

Comment

Working...
                                                              X