Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by loris39
    Originally posted by Bemused
    Can someone tell me is the Queen Greatest Hits that is currently on the Billboard 200 chart the 1992 version without Bohemian Rhapsody or the 2004 'We will rock you' greatest hits?
    The Greatest Hits that is now in the USA chartt is the 1992 version. Even if, on ITunes, in the USA, Greatest Hits is available in the European version. Both the We Will Rock You edition and the 1992 version are not available on ITunes at the moment.
    Why are americans still buying GH without Queen's most famous song on it? Why don't they download the european version at least?

Comment

• After David Bowie's sad passing, Under Pressure is having an obviously excellent performance in Itunes and Spotify.

Under Pressure

iTunes:
      #14 Israel
      #16 Czech Republic
      #17 Brazil
      #17 Colombia
      #18 Luxembourg
      #19 United States
      #22 New Zealand
      #23 Chile
      #25 Portugal
      #26 Singapore
      #28 Peru
      #29 Australia
      #29 Canada
      #31 Ireland
      #35 United Kingdom
      #35 Belgium
      #38 Chile
      #42 Norway
      #44 Austria
      #48 Italy
      #48 Saint Kitts and Nevis
      #50 United States
      #50 Greece
      #52 Spain
      #53 Denmark
      #54 France
      #57 Switzerland
      #61 Brazil
      #62 Malaysia
      #63 Mexico
      #64 Canada
      #65 United Arab Emirates
      #69 Netherlands
      #70 Luxembourg
      #70 Philippines
      #71 Spain
      #72 Ireland
      #73 Poland
      #75 Bahrain
      #78 Cayman Islands
      #81 New Zealand
      #82 France
      #82 Italy
      #83 Brazil
      #88 United Kingdom
      #92 Netherlands
      #94 Barbados
      #94 Israel
      #102 France
      #103 Australia
      #103 Netherlands
      #104 Portugal
      #106 Germany
      #111 Portugal
      #113 South Africa
      #115 Austria
      #115 New Zealand
      #117 Mexico
      #124 United Kingdom
      #128 Australia
      #132 Denmark
      #136 Belgium
      #156 Germany
      #156 Netherlands
      #158 Sweden
      #160 Italy
      #173 El Salvador
      #176 Israel
      #190 France
      #193 Belgium
      #193 Switzerland
      #196 Spain
      Spotify:
      #9 Portugal
      #13 Belgium
      #14 Ireland
      #15 Italy
      #17 United Kingdom
      #18 Australia
      #18 France
      #19 Worldwide
      #20 New Zealand
      #21 United States
      #26 Sweden
      #29 Switzerland
      #30 Canada
      #31 Poland
      #34 Austria
      #40 Spain
      #40 Turkey
      #46 Mexico
      #47 Chile
      #48 Argentina
      #48 Netherlands
      #49 Germany
      #52 Hong Kong
      #55 Brazil
      #55 Peru
      #59 Norway
      #61 Finland
      #61 Singapore
      #66 Taiwan
      #67 Colombia
      #67 Denmark
      #75 Malaysia
      #76 Costa Rica
      #132 Philippines

Comment

• Originally posted by HUR
        According to some numbers from April 2015, this is what some catalogue bands had achieved by then on Spotify (not comprehensive):

Queen - 595 million
        The Rolling Stones - 505m
        U2 - 495m
        Nirvana - 465m
        Pink Floyd - 350m
        Led Zeppelin - 200m
        Abba - 200m
        According to Universal the Beatles did 250m streams in 12 days (and 1m copies of the 1DVD globally up to Christmas).

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05
          Originally posted by HUR
          According to some numbers from April 2015, this is what some catalogue bands had achieved by then on Spotify (not comprehensive):

Queen - 595 million
          The Rolling Stones - 505m
          U2 - 495m
          Nirvana - 465m
          Pink Floyd - 350m
          Led Zeppelin - 200m
          Abba - 200m
          According to Universal the Beatles did 250m streams in 12 days (and 1m copies of the 1DVD globally up to Christmas).
          Maybe The Beatles will soon top this list, which would make perfect sense. But the initial stream totals (which are huge) won't fairly represent their average level; they got such a big number due to the publicity surrounding their introduction to Spotify. But as the days and months go by, their monthly streaming total will be lower. We will have to wait.

That said, I'm not sure if 250 million is the right number. By January 8 (15 days after being available on Spotify), they had apparently reached 199 million: viewtopic.php?p=5910927#p5910927 Maybe 250 million in 12 days was inclusing some sort of "double counting" due to various songs available on multiple albums? Whatever the case, 199 million would still be an impressive result, albeit totally understandable given all the news and headlines about their catalogue being finally available to be listened to on Spotify, a promotion that none of the other acts achieved.

Anyway, the totals quoted above for the likes of Queen, The Rolling Stones and other acts are from April 2015 and a lot of things have happened since then, as Spotify is getting bigger and bigger.

For example, Queen were at 595 million by April 2015. But by December, they had sold already achieved over 1 billion and this is growing fastly, so well over 400 million in 8 months. The same for all the other groups.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bemused
            Why are americans still buying GH without Queen's most famous song on it? Why don't they download the european version at least?
            At the moment the biggest sales of Greatest Hits are given by the digital market and on ITunes Greatest Hits is actually in the European version.

In the last two weeks Greatest Hits in the USA has sold 19,914 units (counting Tea&Sea).
            The digital tracks of Greatest Hits (I think the European version, even if I'm not 100% sure), in two weeks, have sold more than 70,000 downloads. This week singles have sold 29,295 for Greatest Hits

Under Pressure:

#20 France
            #42 Australia
            #43 UK
            #49 Italy
            #51 Ireland
            #56 Sweden
            #66 Netherlands
            #71 Germany

On spotify, this week, Under Pressure has reached 4,656,871 plays, for a total of 70,080,204

Comment

• certifications in Japan (some were missing on previous RIAJ webste)

Greatest hits Gold 100,000
              Greatest Hits [2001] Gold 100,000
              Greatest Hits 3 Gold 100,000
              Made in Heaven Platinum 200,000
              Queen in Vision Gold 100,000
              Queen jewels Diamond 1,000,000
              Queen jewels 2 Gold 100,000
              Queen Rocks Gold 100,000

Comment

• 1/23/16 Billboard 200

79 65 174 260 Greatest Hits, Queen 8xP

Exact album sales:

QUEEN|GREATEST HITS (115) 2,874 = 86 38 102 2644

and...

1/23/16 Billboard 200

59 79 65 261 Greatest Hits, Queen 8xP

Exact album sales:

QUEEN|GREATEST HITS ( 95) 3,135 = 90 7 110 2927

Up in sales a bit this week. Not too many physical copies are on the shelves in the USA.

Comment

• Thank you for the update. There is also action in Canada at the moment:

Billboard Canadian Albums

59 69 39 Icon: Queen - Queen
                  99 84 43 3 Greatest Hits - Queen

Icon had sold around 110,000 copies by the end of 2014. More than a year after that, this must have done now 130,000-140,000 copies overall. Heading to double platinum probably this year or the next one if current trend continues.

Greataest Hits is long overdue a Diamond award. Absolute Greatest has sold around 125,000 copies there too.

Hot Canadian Digital Songs

30 New 1 Under Pressure - Queen & David Bowie

Comment

• Queen on the Billboard Charts 30-01-2016

Billboard Top 200
                    59 - Queen Greatest Hits

Top Catalogue Albums
                    27 - Queen Greatest Hits

Music Video Sales
                    18 - Queen A Night At The Odeon

Hard Rock Songs
                    5 - Queen & David Bowie Under Pressure

Rock Digital Songs
                    4 - Queen & David Bowie Under Pressure
                    30 - Queen Bohemian Rhapsody

Hard Rock Digital Songs
                    1 - Queen & David Bowie Under Pressure
                    3 - Queen Bohemian Rhapsody
                    7 - Queen We Will Rock You
                    19 - Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
                    25 - Queen Somebody To Love

Comment

• USA Hot Digital Tracks

#42 Under Pressure 23,186 (last week 1,791)
                      #95 Under Pressure 12,169 (last week 251)
                      #160 Bohemian Rhapsody 7,830 (last week 6,882)

USA Albums

#59 Greatest Hits 8,418 (included Tea Sea)

Greatest Hits' digital singles this week have sold 34,193 downloads, to which we have to add 35,355 for Under Pressure, for a total of 69,548.
                      In the first two weeks of 2016 Greatest Hits has sold 15,739, while the digital singles from Greatest Hits have sold 63,488 downloads, to which we have to add those from Under Pressure, that is to say 37,397. For a total of 100,885. Not a bad results for just two weeks. And the whole catalog of songs is not included.

Comment

• Billboard Hot Digital Songs:

2 28 51 QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE UNDER PRESSURE 19,719 -46 36,448 2,065,824

2 159 157 QUEEN BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY 8,233 2 8,110 4,050,628

"Bohemian Rhapsody" over 4 million!

Billboard 200:

99 (RE) 20 QUEEN PLATINUM COLLECTION 6,317 173 2,314 1,412 28,453 3,090,769

6,317 equivalent album units
                        1,412 pure album sales
                        28,453 digital tracks sold
                        3,090,769 track streams

Comment

• Thanks, buddy. Finally Bohemian Rhapsody has sold 4 million (without streaming). I remember it had gone 4X platinum in 2014 but that was thanks to the new rules in the USA.

Under Pressure is going very well for obvious reasons.

Not included above, but I'm almost sure that We Will Rock You has sold well over 3 million, whilst We Are The Champions and Another One Bites The Dust must have sold 2 million downloads each or slightly close.

Fat Bottomed Girls was on 640,000 downloads in the USA by August 2010, so must have reached 1 million already. Somebody To Love was at 570,000 in August 2010, so it may not be far from 1 million either.

Looks as though Queen will have 5 2-million selling download songs or more in the USA and 7 million selling download songs at some point.

The next one should be Killer Queen at 485,000 and You're My Best Friend at 455,000, both by September 2010. Both have surely increased that over the past 5 years, but are still probably far from 1 million.

Not sure about Don't Stop Me Now, which has gained great popularity in the USA during recent years. Crazy Little Thing Called Love was at a mere 403,000 by September 2010.

Comment

3 159 157 147 QUEEN + BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY 7,304 -11 8,233 4,057,932
                            3 28 51 176 QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE + UNDER PRESSURE 6,280 -68 19,719 2,072,104

Billboard 200:

21 HOL 100 93 QUEEN PLATINUM COLLECTION

5,799 equivalent album units
                            1,149 pure album sales
                            24,649 digital track sales
                            3,280,219 track streams

Comment

• From BPI today.

QUEEN - GREATEST HITS
                              20 x Platinum Certification (Album) 05 February 2016
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (VIRGIN)

QUEEN - GREATEST HITS II
                              13 x Platinum Certification (Album) 05 February 2016
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (VIRGIN)

Highest Certifications
                              QUEEN - GREATEST HITS
                              20 x Platinum Certification (Album) 05 February 2016
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (VIRGIN)

BEATLES - SGT PEPPER'S LONELY HEARTS CLUB BAND
                              17 x Platinum Certification (Album) 05 February 2016
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (APPLE CORPS)

ABBA - GOLD - GREATEST HITS
                              17 x Platinum Certification (Album) 05 February 2016
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (POLYDOR)

ADELE - 21
                              16 x Platinum Certification (Album) 25 May 2012
                              XL BEGGARS (XL RECORDINGS)

Comment

• WOW! Congrats!

I wonder if the record company requested this or did the BPI just do it?

Comment

• Yeah i knew one day they would update these

Comment

• Interesting....and puzzling!
                                    following the 1/3 add on debate reference pc sales to gh and gh2.
                                    Assuming that has happened .......how can gh be 20p while pc is certified 6xp (I believe)?
                                    And why is gh3 certification not updated simultaneously? Same add on must have taken place.

Comment

• I almost hate asking this because I am sure its been asked before.

In the Official Charts archive there is no reference to the bundle that included Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits 2

I see:
                                      Greatest Hits
                                      Greatest Hits 2
                                      Greatest Hits 3
                                      Greatest Hits 1,2,3

...but no Greatest Hits 1 and 2.

I assume it charted and that they have somehow divided them up.

I am not going mad or anything...right? There was a double GH bundle sold for a few years.

I have looked back about 18 months in this thread but didn't see anything.
                                      101 Albums | 501 Songs

Comment

• Originally posted by ShayLaB
                                        I almost hate asking this because I am sure its been asked before.

In the Official Charts archive there is no reference to the bundle that included Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits 2

I see:
                                        Greatest Hits
                                        Greatest Hits 2
                                        Greatest Hits 3
                                        Greatest Hits 1,2,3

I am not going mad or anything...right? There was a double GH bundle sold for a few years.

According to the OCC, Greatest Hits I & II sold 132,000, so they added 66,000 copies to both Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits II (just like they added a third of Platinum Collection to the three individual hits collections).

It didn't do very well on the charts.

I have the shipment information from the label and, in reality, I know Gretaest Hits I & II achieved a total of almost 200,000 in the UK, including club sales. This is the number I take myself.

Comment

Originally posted by ShayLaB
                                          I almost hate asking this because I am sure its been asked before.

I see:
                                          Greatest Hits
                                          Greatest Hits 2
                                          Greatest Hits 3
                                          Greatest Hits 1,2,3

According to the OCC, Greatest Hits I & II sold 132,000, so they added 66,000 copies to both Greatest Hits and Greatest Hits II (just like they added a third of Platinum Collection to the three individual hits collections).

It didn't do very well on the charts.

I have the shipment information from the label and, in reality, I know Gretaest Hits I & II achieved a total of almost 200,000 in the UK, including club sales. This is the number I take myself.
                                          Thanks for information HUR.

I knew there had been a division in sales but I can't see what they have done with the chart placings. It's a real pain to look at the OCC site to try and figure if they just allocated the chart placings to one or other. You would think at some point that bundle would have found its way onto the charts.

....but, as you say, maybe it didn't do that well and never charted.
                                          101 Albums | 501 Songs

Comment

• This is how it fared on the UK charts:

21. GREATEST HITS I & II
                                            Produced by: Queen/David Richards/Roy Thomas Baker
                                            Date: 19/11/1994 - Run: *37*-40-50-43-40-39-44- (7 wsf)
                                            07/01/1995: 104-144-149-0-0-0-163-195-0-0-0-0-188-0-193-180-174-188-184-200-0-0-0-190-0-177 (21-10c wks)
                                            Re 01: 16/09/1995: 156-177-181-155-0-0-0-0-152-137-155-154-154-111-115-187 (12-8c wks, 33 wsf)
                                            Re 02: 30/11/1996: 186-197-194-193-178 (5 wks, 38 wsf)
                                            Re 03: 14/11/1998: 118-128-155-146-140-124-127- (45 wsf)
                                            02/01/1999: 127-0-0-0-185 (9-8c wks)
                                            Total # of re-entries: 10
                                            Total # of weeks: 47-10c ( Top 40: 4 Top 75: 7) (US:#104/1)

viewtopic.php?p=673039#p673039

One of their least successful albums chart-wise. These were its annual net shipments figures:

Greatest Hits I & II
                                            1992: 8,074
                                            1993: 4,578
                                            1994: 59,131
                                            1995: 64,688
                                            1996: 13,373
                                            1997: 1,264
                                            1998: 23,062
                                            1999: 2,337
                                            2000: 8,913
                                            2001: 7,623
                                            2002: 1,281

Total - 194,324

Comment

• 2/20 Billboard 200:

(93) 109 QUEEN PLATINUM COLLECTION

5,708 equivalent album units
                                              1,225 pure album sales
                                              23.043 digital track sales
                                              3,269,374 track streams

Comment

This is how it fared on the UK charts:

21. GREATEST HITS I & II
                                                Produced by: Queen/David Richards/Roy Thomas Baker
                                                Date: 19/11/1994 - Run: *37*-40-50-43-40-39-44- (7 wsf)
                                                07/01/1995: 104-144-149-0-0-0-163-195-0-0-0-0-188-0-193-180-174-188-184-200-0-0-0-190-0-177 (21-10c wks)
                                                Re 01: 16/09/1995: 156-177-181-155-0-0-0-0-152-137-155-154-154-111-115-187 (12-8c wks, 33 wsf)
                                                Re 02: 30/11/1996: 186-197-194-193-178 (5 wks, 38 wsf)
                                                Re 03: 14/11/1998: 118-128-155-146-140-124-127- (45 wsf)
                                                02/01/1999: 127-0-0-0-185 (9-8c wks)
                                                Total # of re-entries: 10
                                                Total # of weeks: 47-10c ( Top 40: 4 Top 75: 7) (US:#104/1)

viewtopic.php?p=673039#p673039" target="_blank" target="_blank

One of their least successful albums chart-wise. These were its annual net shipments figures:

Greatest Hits I & II
                                                1992: 8,074
                                                1993: 4,578
                                                1994: 59,131
                                                1995: 64,688
                                                1996: 13,373
                                                1997: 1,264
                                                1998: 23,062
                                                1999: 2,337
                                                2000: 8,913
                                                2001: 7,623
                                                2002: 1,281

Total - 194,324
                                                So, by the looks of it there is something a little mixed up with the OCC database/sql.

When you go to the Archive and search for Queen ithe GH 1&2 is not listed at all, but if you go to the chart of the date you first mention it is listed @ #37 with details indicating that was the peak position of its 7 week chart history.

However, when you tap on the '+' it shows the details for GH.
                                                101 Albums | 501 Songs

Comment

1 148 QUEEN + SOMEBODY TO LOVE 7,409 310 1,808 1,147,041
                                                  4 147 189 QUEEN + BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY 6,354 10 5,790 4,070,076

Billboard 200:

23 HOL 93 109 85 QUEEN PLATINUM COLLECTION

7,551 equivalent album units
                                                  1,790 pure album sales
                                                  33,669 digital track sales
                                                  3,593,738 audio track streams

Comment

5 189 191 QUEEN + BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY 6,961 10 6,354 4,077,037

Comment

• Billboard 200:

24 HOL 109 85 95 QUEEN PLATINUM COLLECTION

7,359 equivalent album units
                                                      1,885 pure album sales
                                                      30,573 digital track sales
                                                      3,626,259 audio track streams

Comment

• Italy

TITOLO
                                                        Under Pressure

ARTISTA
                                                        Queen & David Bowie

ETICHETTA
                                                        Parlophone UK

CASA
                                                        WMI

CERTIFICATO
                                                        oro

SETTIMANA
                                                        ANNO

DATA DI RILASCIO
                                                        1981-10-25

SEZIONE
                                                        Singoli Online
                                                        Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Under Pressure had already been certified Gold in the fifth week of 2015.
                                                          Last year a record needed 15,000 downloads to be certified Gold. Maybe it has been re-certified, as now the Gold award goes to 25,000 downloads. Or maybe it's another version.

Comment

• Hey people! Queen's platinum collection has received a total of around 870 million hits on Spotify. Which means that Queen's back catalogue has probably been streamed a billion times in total. I think thats pretty amazing for a band that haven't made an album for 21 years. I can't think of another band from the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's that have had more!?

Comment

• Without Queen & Paul Rodgers included they clocked up 1,198,869,000 plays, not taking in exact numbers, just down to the last 1,000 on each play. So with Queen and Paul Rodgers it would be over 1.2 billion. A bit OCD but its been on my mind!!

Comment

Working...
                                                              X