X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BadMan125
    replied
    One million in just six weeks?

At best this could be 60k by the end of this year. This is a compilation and besides X Factor, it didn't really get a good boost. Maybe the Queen + Adam Lambert tour could give it a boost if it's still touring right now (which I'm not sure of right now).

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied
    1 million? I wish. But no, I don't think so.

Of course, 300,000 in the UK would be nice, but it sounds a bit optimistic (even if, based on the fact that it is a bit redundant, the results are actually very good as Jimmtpages59 said)? I'm not good at predictions, but it sounds a bit high. I hope you are right anyway.

Leave a comment:

• EdWood
    replied
    Originally posted by HUR
    I don't want to get obsessed about Itunes, which isn't really my territory, but Queen Forever is courrently at number 18 in the USA, this is -I think- its highest position so far.

USA

Albums:

18. Forever
    72. The Platinum Collection
    124. Greatest Hits
    180. Greatest Hits
    It's now at 17 on the US Itunes albums charts HUR. It's at number 21 in Canada so it appears its doing well in North America. Also surprising to see it at number 7 and 40 in Japan but I think their digital sales are still are small proportion of their total album sales so it's hard to determine where it will end up charting there.

Do you think 1 million sales by the end of 2014 is reasonable for this album? I think it may do 300,000 in the UK this year but this is if sales hold up in the coming weeks.

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied
    I don't want to get obsessed about Itunes, which isn't really my territory, but Queen Forever is courrently at number 18 in the USA, this is -I think- its highest position so far.

USA

Albums:

18. Forever
    72. The Platinum Collection
    124. Greatest Hits
    180. Greatest Hits

Leave a comment:

• EdWood
    replied
    Queen now at number 9 on ITunes worldwide charts.

Now at number 8

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied
    Originally posted by HUR
    Austria (98)

Albums:

3. Queen Forever
    29. The Platinum Collection
    44. Greatest Hits
    61. Queen Forever
    116. Live Killers
    118. News of the World
    119. The Works
    121. Hot Space
    122. Flash Gordon
    123. The Game
    Queen and Austria had a moment, but that was it. Now:

Austria (12)

Albums:

63. The Platinum Collection
    181. Queen Forever

lol.

Spain (109)

Songs:

116. Let Me In Your Heart Again
    179. I Want To Break Free
    183. Don't Stop Me Now

Albums:

4. Queen Forever
    12. Queen Forever
    26. The Platinum Collection
    45. Greatest Hits
    50. Greatest Hits II
    148. Live At the Rainbow
    150. Greatest Hits III
    151. Queen

Brazil (99)

Songs:

53. Let Me In Your Heart Again
    174. Bohemian Rhapsody

Albums:

4. Queen Forever
    30. The Platinum Collection
    39. Greatest Hits
    45. Greatest Hits II
    50. Queen Forever
    160. A Night At the Opera

Canada (31)

Albums:

20. Forever
    56. The Platinum Collection
    152. Greatest Hits

United States (28)

Albums:

20. Forever
    86. The Platinum Collection
    146. Greatest Hits

Leave a comment:

• BadMan125
    replied
    Queen Forever on iTunes (relevant markets, I think):

#2 Argentina
    #3 Austria
    #3 Belgium
    #3 Netherlands
    #3 Switzerland
    #4 Luxembourg
    #5 Denmark
    #5 Russia
    #5 Spain
    #6 Germany
    #7 Italy
    #7 Japan
    #7 Poland
    #7 Sweden
    #8 Norway
    #9 Mexico
    #10 France
    #10 New Zealand
    #11 Czech Republic
    #11 Spain
    #12 Finland
    #12 Ireland
    #14 Italy
    #15 United Kingdom
    #16 Norway
    #23 Argentina
    #25 Netherlands
    #26 Hungary
    #27 Sweden
    #31 South Africa
    #32 Switzerland
    #33 Slovenia
    #37 Brazil
    #37 Japan
    #40 Greece
    #52 Portugal
    #54 Russia
    #59 United Kingdom
    #66 Israel
    #67 Austria
    #81 Israel
    #87 Slovakia
    #123 Germany
    #168 France

----
    Guess the special didn't help them further in the UK. They're only #15 and #59 in the UK (compared to Ed being #7 and #17).

Also There Must Be More to Life than This is not getting no boost on iTunes whatsoever...

This could end up at #5...

Leave a comment:

• EdWood
    replied
    Currently Queen are at number 11 on the Global iTunes charts according to Kworb.com - this is the highest I've ever seen them - i can remember them getting to number 15 after the Olympics closing ceremony in 2012.

I think HUR that the success of Queen compilations works against them in some ways. Look at the UK - if you take the OCC's figures then 2 Queen compilations are in the biggest 10 albums of all time. Then we only had Absolute Greatest in 2009 which did well and sold around 700-750K in the UK. Now 5 years later we get another albeit with a few interesting additions.

Looking at Amazon.co.uk sales of Queen albums have soared in the last day - The Platinum Collection is currently at number 4 on the digital album chart (previously 61) - higher then Queen Forever (by the way PC should be near to 1.8 million sales in the UK by now so where is that 6 X platinum award BPI?!). Queen Forever is currently at number 17 on the digital charts, whilst the 1 CD edition is at 32. Greatest Hits at 60 (previously 229). They had a lot of catalogue albums race up the charts as well - News of the World position went from 1669 to 329, The Game at 234 up from 590.

On Amazon's digital singles charts: Let Me in Your Heart Again - 75, These are The Days of Our Lives - 77, We Are The Champions went from 8,018 to 268, Love of My Life from 9,486 to 390, AOBTD from 8369 to 368, etc - there are quite a few other songs seeing huge gains.

On Amazons CD album chart Forever is at whilst the 1CD version is at 66, The PC is at 75, Greatest Hits is 88, and like before many other hits collections and studio albums have seen substantial increases.

Maybe the entire catalogue of Queen will benefit more from the programme last night - i expect to see at least some Queen tracks in the bottom reaches of the UK singles charts and maybe 1 or 2 other Hits collections hitting the top 75/100 of the album charts.

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied
    Originally posted by jimmypages59
    Originally posted by HUR
    Thanks, Yoshie. But the midweeks revealed today don't look that good, we will have to wait until tomorrow. I want a Top 3 entry, but, as usual, I won't get that. :x
    You want a Top 3, for another rehash of stuff released already, you should be grateful for a Top 10, let alone a Top 5. I think the midweeks look excellent considering what it is. Nice to see Floyd have slightly increased their lead.
    I wasn't expecting anything from this, I barely talked about it in the last two months. But now that it is a close race between 3 releases (for the numbers 3, 4 and 5), I want that Top 3 place if possible. It seems difficult, although the other compilations and digital songs will also get a boost, so not everything is bad.

Leave a comment:

• jimmypages59
    replied
    Originally posted by HUR
    Thanks, Yoshie. But the midweeks revealed today don't look that good, we will have to wait until tomorrow. I want a Top 3 entry, but, as usual, I won't get that. :x
    You want a Top 3, for another rehash of stuff released already, you should be grateful for a Top 10, let alone a Top 5. I think the midweeks look excellent considering what it is. Nice to see Floyd have slightly increased their lead.

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied

Top 40 Albums

1 Pink Floyd - The Endless River (92.2k) *
    2 Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways (58.2k) *
    3 Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour (20.2k)
    4 Ed Sheeran - x (18.8k)
    5 Queen - Queen Forever (17.2k) *

On Itunes, Queen are doing well in a bunch of countries. I understand the UK, but no idea on the others, especially what happened in Austria.

United Kingdom (129)

Songs:

76. Bohemian Rhapsody
    82. These Are the Days of Our Lives
    88. The Show Must Go On
    101. Who Wants To Live Forever
    112. Don't Stop Me Now
    117. I Want To Break Free
    134. Somebody To Love
    147. Under Pressure
    176. We Will Rock You
    193. Radio Ga Ga

Albums:

8. Queen Forever
    16. The Platinum Collection
    20. Greatest Hits
    38. Queen Forever
    83. Greatest Hits II

Austria (98)

Albums:

3. Queen Forever
    29. The Platinum Collection
    44. Greatest Hits
    61. Queen Forever
    116. Live Killers
    118. News of the World
    119. The Works
    121. Hot Space
    122. Flash Gordon
    123. The Game

Russia (85)

Songs:

18. Let Me In Your Heart Again
    62. The Show Must Go On
    137. Love Kills

Albums:

5. Queen Forever
    44. The Platinum Collection
    54. Queen Forever
    177. Greatest Hits

Netherlands (83)

Songs:

129. Let Me In Your Heart Again
    194. Let Me In Your Heart Again

Albums:

3. Queen Forever
    25. The Platinum Collection
    26. Queen Forever
    43. Greatest Hits

Spain (78)

Songs:

107. Let Me In Your Heart Again

Albums:

6. Queen Forever
    13. Queen Forever
    27. The Platinum Collection
    82. Greatest Hits
    123. Greatest Hits II

Sweden (77)

Songs:

81. Bohemian Rhapsody
    124. Don't Stop Me Now
    131. I Want To Break Free
    133. We Are the Champions

Albums:

7. Queen Forever
    21. The Platinum Collection
    27. Queen Forever

Switzerland (70)

Songs:

149. Let Me In Your Heart Again

Albums:

3. Queen Forever
    30. The Platinum Collection
    32. Queen Forever
    111. Greatest Hits

Japan (59)

Albums:

7. Queen Forever
    37. Queen Forever
    57. Greatest Hits
    73. Queen Jewels
    167. A Night At the Opera

Leave a comment:

• Yoshie
    replied
    No, wait... There is a belated effect.

8. Queen Forever [Deluxe] (+6)
    16. The Platinum Collection (+3)
    21. Greatest Hits (+10)
    36. Queen Forever [Standard] (+5)
    95. Greatest Hits II (=)

Leave a comment:

• Yoshie
    replied
    UK iTunes - Albums

14. Queen Forever [Deluxe] (=)
    19. The Platnum Collection (+6)
    31. Greatest Hits (+7)
    41. Queen Forever [Standard] (+2)
    95. Greatest Hits II (+31)

Leave a comment:

• Yoshie
    replied
    I also had a gut that the documentary wouldn't be all that helpful to the new collection and that people would invest in previous greatest hits compilations instead. I don't feel like a lot of people are aware that Queen Forever is out. Do any of you know where The Platinum Collection and Greatest Hits were before the documentary?

Leave a comment:

• zeus555
    replied
    Here are the results of the UK Poll to find 'The Nation's Favourite Queen Song'.

The No.1 was inevitable. It is interesting that their 2 USA No.1 Hits only came 13th & 14th in the Poll

1... Bohemian Rhapsody
    2... We Will Rock You
    3... Don't Stop Me Now
    4... I Want To Break Free
    5... We Are The Champions
    6... Killer Queen
    7... Under Pressure
    8... Radio Ga Ga
    9... I'm Going Slightly Mad
    10... Somebody To Love
    11... Who Wants To Live Forever
    12... A Kind Of Magic
    13... Crazy Little Thing Called Love
    14... Another One Bites The Dust
    15...The Show Must Go On
    16... Seven Seas Of Rhye
    17... You're My Best Friend
    18... One Vision
    19... It's A Hard Life
    20... I Want It All

Zeus555

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied
    The ITV show doesn't seem to have made a strong impact on Itunes for the album Forever, but it sure did on the individual songs and former compilations, so I think our dear Jimmypages59 was probably correct. Anyway, Itunes isn't probably that important:

United Kingdom (105)

Songs:

88. Bohemian Rhapsody
    101. These Are the Days of Our Lives
    104. The Show Must Go On
    122. Who Wants To Live Forever
    132. Don't Stop Me Now
    143. Let Me In Your Heart Again
    154. Somebody To Love
    158. I Want To Break Free
    171. Under Pressure

Albums:

14. Queen Forever
    25. The Platinum Collection
    38. Greatest Hits
    43. Queen Forever
    126. Greatest Hits II

Leave a comment:

• borderwolf
    replied
    Russia
    iTunes weekly chart
    3 / 9 november

songs
    Queen ó Let Me In Your Heart Again

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied
    Originally posted by Classicrock
    Originally posted by HUR
    Thank you. I'm sure they are going to try to include one of the new tracks on the Top 20 or maybe it will get a mention.

Outisde of the UK, as usual with redundant releases, it will get mixed results, I guess.
    As a recent purchaser of many Queen albums lately I would agree,the real gems are in the album releases,dont need another GH release. I think i will buy Live at Rainbow 1974 if I dont go broke first. Hur what's bettter DVD or CD?
    Good to hear about new buyers, always nice when people delve into an old act's catalogue, as I have done with several acts in the past, including Queen, of course.

There are combos with both the CD and the DVD version, apart from the separate releases. However, If I were you, I would buy the DVD one. But if it is too expensive, the CD is a good option too.

Hard to believe another compilation could make the Top 5/10 this week in the UK, although, as mentioned, this one has a bunch of new songs. Let's see how it finishes the week.

Leave a comment:

• Classicrock
    replied
    Originally posted by HUR
    Thank you. I'm sure they are going to try to include one of the new tracks on the Top 20 or maybe it will get a mention.

Outisde of the UK, as usual with redundant releases, it will get mixed results, I guess.
    As a recent purchaser of many Queen albums lately I would agree,the real gems are in the album releases,dont need another GH release. I think i will buy Live at Rainbow 1974 if I dont go broke first. Hur what's bettter DVD or CD?

Leave a comment:

• EdWood
    replied
    Looking at the ITunes Charts worldwide and various other online sales merchants I think Queen Forever could sell better worldwide then Absolute Greatest did. As far as I am aware AG did well in the UK and has exceeded 700,000 sales (?) whilst it also did well in Canada selling around 110,000 copies (from what I can remember from the sales numbers HUR kindly provided a while back).

QF seems to be doing OK in the US as well. We won't know until next weeks Billboard charts how well it will do there but it's been at number 31 on Amazon.com main album sales chart and it's at 29 on the US iTunes albums charts.

The advantage it does have over AG is that there is 3 'new' songs, one including MJ on there. The amount of compilations out there though may put some off.

If this was an album comprising totally unreleased material (which I am sure they were capable of doing if I think of what remains in the archives that is known about let alone what we DON'T know about) sort of like Made In Heaven 2 then sales o course would have been much better. Pink Floyd's success shows what can happen if the album is completely 'new' unheard material.

Leave a comment:

• jimmypages59
    replied
    Originally posted by HUR

They are bound to give the Wacko Jacko track an airing, seeing as it is clearly being made the biggest deal of the album. X-Factor on Saturday night past (8/11) had Queen/Michael Jackson night where they also played a short snippet of the track.

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jimmypages59
    replied
    Originally posted by HUR
    Thanks, Jimmy.

What I don't understand is, has the TV especial with their Top 10 hits been broadcasted already? If not, how important will that be?
    It is on tonight at 9pm UK time on the ITV Channel http://www.itv.com/presscentre/press-re ... queen-song

I can't imagine it not having an effect on Forever, but to what extent I'm not sure, given that a lot of the tracks that I imagine will feature in the Top 20 & the show, will not actually be on Forever, but GH & GHII.

From what I'd imagine might be in the Top 20 and are on Forever, I'd hazard a guess at the following tracks could feature on the programme, some definitely, some borderline

4. "Play the Game" (2014 remaster - No intro) Mercury The Game 3:14
    6. "You're My Best Friend" (2011 remaster) John Deacon A Night at the Opera 2:52
    7. "Love of My Life" (2011 remaster) Mercury A Night at the Opera 3:33
    18. "Who Wants to Live Forever" (2011 remaster) May A Kind of Magic 5:15
    2. "Somebody To Love" (2014 remaster / with fade) Mercury A Day at the Races 4:52
    3. "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (2011 remaster) Mercury The Game 2:43
    4. "Friends Will Be Friends" (2011 remaster) Mercury/Deacon A Kind of Magic 4:06
    10. "It's a Hard Life" (2014 remaster / with fade) Mercury The Works 4:06

Filtering out the the songs that are actually mentioned in the write up, it appears that the following 15 songs are definitely included.

I Want It All
    The Show Must Go On
    Bohemian Rhapsody
    I Want To Break Free
    Killer Queen
    Under Pressure
    These Are The Days of Our Lives
    Radio Ga Ga
    Another One Bites The Dust
    We Are The Champions
    A Kind Of Magic
    Somebody to Love
    Donít Stop Me Now
    We Will Rock You
    Youíre My Best Friend

As for the other five tracks, it's got to be between Crazy Little Thing Called Love, Bicycle Race, Fat Bottom Girls, Hammer to Fall, It's a Hard Life, One Vision & Who Wants to Live Forever. Maybe outside chances of stuff like Heaven for Everyone, Play the Game, Save Me, Flash or Friends Will Be Friends.

Leave a comment:

• HUR
    replied
    Thanks, Jimmy.

What I don't understand is, has the TV especial with their Top 10 hits been broadcasted already? If not, how important will that be?

Leave a comment:

• jimmypages59
    replied
    UK Midweek Album Chart

1 Pink Floyd - The Endless River (76.3k) *
    2 Foo Fighters - Sonic Highways (48.1k) *
    3 Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour (14.1k)
    4 Queen - Forever (13.0k) *
    5 Ed Sheeran - x (12.7k)

Excellent start for Forever, given that it is essentially yet another compilation of released material from them, with a few twists.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X