No announcement yet.

Queen :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bohemian Rhapsody effect on Japanese iTunes as the Movie opens at No1 with a box office of $4,310,101

Albums
    2 - Bohemian Rhapsody (was No1)
    3 - Queen Jewels (was No2)
    6 - Greatest Hits
    19 - The Platinum Collection
    31 - Greatest Hits 2
    41 - A Night At The Opera
    58 - The Platinum Collection (?)
    83 - Queen 2
    102 - Sheer Heart Attack
    118 - Live At Wembley
    119 - News Of The World
    147 - Made In Heaven

Comment

• 11/24/18 Billboard 200:

https://www.billboard.com/articles/colu ... chart-no-1

Kane Brown Earns First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart With 'Experiment'
      11/18/2018 by Keith Caulfield

Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack falls 3-7 (54,000 units; down 8 percent),

Comment

• Swiss Singles Charts

23 (24) 27 Bohemian Rhapsody
        65 (80) 2 Don't Stop Me Now
        80 (87) 2 Another One Bites The Dust

Comment

• Boxofficeguru are predicting that the final total may even reach 550 million dollars worldwide. Phenomenal. That would be 10 times return on its production costs. I'm interested to know how the profits on this movie will be split. Brian May and Roger Taylor are executive producers, how would they benefit from the profits and Queen productions? Anyone have any idea?

Comment

• Box Office data for the last weekend:

US:
            "Bohemian Rhapsody in third fell 49.7% on $15.7m for a $127.9m running total in the third weekend."

https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/ ... 99.article

Outside the US:
            "Bohemian Rhapsody brought in a further $45.5m from 78 markets as the hit drama about the rise of British rockers Queen led by front man Freddie Mercury flew to $256.4m.

South Korea was the top holdover as box office climbed 2% to rank second on $7.3m and reach $24.5m after three weekends. The UK produced $3.9m to rank third and climb to $45.3m, which means after three weekends Bohemian Rhapsody has overtaken the lifetime total of La La Land. Japanese box office climbed 11% on $3.5m in the second session to hold on to number one and reach $11.8m.

In the third session, France generated $3.1m for $18.4m, Australia $2.9m for $16.8m, Germany $2.8m for $13.9m, Spain $2.6m for $13.6m, Brazil $2.2m for $8.5m, Mexico $1.8m for $15.5m, Russia $1.6m for $12.2m, and Holland $1.3m for $5.7m."

https://www.screendaily.com/box-office/ ... 98.article

Box Office Mojo:
            Domestic: $127,885,859 33.3%
            + Foreign: $256,444,628 66.7%
            = Worldwide: $384,330,487

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?i ... apsody.htm
            My YouTube Channel - The best songs of the 80s, 90s and 2000s

Comment

• https://variety.com/2018/film/asia/kore ... 203032053/

South Korea
              “Bohemian Rhapsody” remained in second spot for the third consecutive weekend. The biographical film about Queen earned $6.5 million from 816,200 admissions between Friday and Sunday for a total of $24.7 million from 3.14 million admissions after three weekends. The two top films together accounted for 69% of total weekend box office.

Comment

• With the impact Bohemian Rhapsody is having with regards to Queen's UK sales does anyone have a current weeks on chart for the UK Album Chart? With Queen currently having 5 Albums in the UK Top100 they will be stretching their lead on a weekly basis up until Christmas one would hope. This is a list I found on wikipedia which I can't validate but shows the Top 11 album artists weeks as of 18th October 2018 based on weeks on the Top75.

Queen - 1525
                Elvis Presley - 1433
                The Beatles - 1431
                Michael Jackson - 1379
                David Bowie - 1249
                Fleetwood Mac - 1215
                ABBA - 1153
                Madonna - 1147
                Rod Stewart - 1146
                U2 - 1099
                Elton John - 1091
                Simon & Garfunkel - 1086

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlymad
                  With the impact Bohemian Rhapsody is having with regards to Queen's UK sales does anyone have a current weeks on chart for the UK Album Chart? With Queen currently having 5 Albums in the UK Top100 they will be stretching their lead on a weekly basis up until Christmas one would hope. This is a list I found on wikipedia which I can't validate but shows the Top 11 album artists weeks as of 18th October 2018 based on weeks on the Top75.

Queen - 1525 1539
                  Elvis Presley - 1433 1433
                  The Beatles - 1431 1432
                  Michael Jackson - 1379 1383
                  David Bowie - 1249 1253
                  Fleetwood Mac - 1215 1223
                  ABBA - 1153 1157
                  Madonna - 1147 1147
                  Rod Stewart - 1146 1150
                  U2 - 1099 1099
                  Elton John - 1091 1095
                  Simon & Garfunkel - 1086 1086
                  I upgraded info till this day.
                  All data from https://www.officialcharts.com/artists/
                  Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• Re: Queen :: Charts & Sales History

In my country the movie is third week No 1 in a row! Small market, but I'm very proud, yeah!
                    https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?p ... apsody.htm
                    Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• And it has lost very little momentum in ur country

Comment

• Bohemian Rhapsody had a smaller drop in the US over the weekend then estimated (like the last couple of weeks). It dropped 48.6% to $16,042,965 for the weekend and for a US total of $128,228,824 after 17 days. It's worldwide total is currently:

$385,973,494.

Queen are still easily number 1 on Kworb with 8,921 points with Lady Gaga at number 2 with 4,182 points

Comment

• Next week it gets to be released in Italy. I'm hoping for a pretty decent opening there but nothing that dramatic. However, it will help steady the declines. I'm thinking around 450 million by next Monday, then about 490 the following week. Then things should rally over the Christmas holidays. Don't forget it's thanksgiving in the US this coming Thursday which is also a great weekend for the box office, we should see some smaller declines than last weekend.

As for China, I'd be surprised if it doesn't get a release there because it was given a release in Hong Kong. The jury is still out.

Comment

• From the OCC

When Queen emerged in 1973 with their debut album, they immediately stood out from the pack of British rock bands. Songs with infectious pomp, ear-catching lyrics and operatic harmonies proved there was more to them that your average rock band. Over the course of 14 albums (until Freddie Mercury's death in 1991) Queen delivered a near-impeccable run of hits on the Official Chart: 53 Top 40 singles, six of which went to Number 1.
                            New Freddie Mercury biopic Bohemian Rhapsody - released in October - not only reminds longtime fans of the band's impact, but also showcases Queen's music to a new generation. The band's 1981 Greatest Hits is the UK's bestselling album of all time, but which of their singles finish top of the pile? Before we reveal Queen's Top 20 bestsellers, some highlights:

You're My Best Friend
                            Released: 1976
                            Official Chart peak: Number 7
                            This fairly straightforward love song was written by bass guitarist John Deacon for his wife and served as the yang to the yin of previous single Bohemian Rhapsody. The track was composed on an electric piano, when Freddie described as "tinny and horrible", but it nonetheless has "the desired effect". You're My Best Friend places 19th in their Top 20 bestsellers.

We Will Rock You
                            Released: 1977, 2000 (with Five)
                            Official Chart peak: Number 1 (Five version)
                            A song so powerful it features twice in their all-time Top 20, three times if you count its original release as the B-side to We Are The Champions. The two songs were designed to be performed together, and usually were, as demonstrated in their iconic 1985 Live Aid performance. In 2000 it was covered by Five, featuring Brian May on guitar and Roger Taylor on drums, and went all the way to Number 1. The original has never charted in its own right but has 262,000 download sales since 2004.

Under Pressure
                            Released: 1981
                            Official Chart peak: Number 1
                            Queen's lead single from their Hot Space album came about from a random jam session with David Bowie. Although it was a joint project in terms of co-writing and producing, Bowie didn't perform the song until after Mercury's death, at a tribute concert in 1992. The song places third on their Top 20 bestsellers with 828,000 sales.

Bohemian Rhapsody
                            Released: 1975
                            Official Chart peak: Number 1
                            The only song to have made it to Christmas Number 1 twice. It first topped the Christmas charts in 1975 and pulled it off again 16 years later, after Freddie's death. As a result, it is one of the longest-reigning Number 1 hits of all-time. As well as being Queen's best seller, it's also one of the UK's biggest singles of all time, with 2.6 million pure sales. For comparison, We Are The Champions - their second best-seller - is on 962,000 sales.

Queen's Top 20 bestselling singles on the Official UK Chart
                            POS TITLE ARTIST PEAK YEAR
                            1 BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY QUEEN 1 1975
                            2 WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS QUEEN 2 1977
                            3 UNDER PRESSURE QUEEN & DAVID BOWIE 1 1981
                            4 DON'T STOP ME NOW QUEEN 9 1979
                            5 CRAZY LITTLE THING CALLED LOVE QUEEN 2 1979
                            6 RADIO GA GA QUEEN 2 1984
                            7 I WANT TO BREAK FREE QUEEN 3 1984
                            8 SOMEBODY TO LOVE QUEEN 2 1976
                            9 KILLER QUEEN QUEEN 2 1974
                            10 A KIND OF MAGIC QUEEN 3 1986
                            11 FIVE LIVE EP GEORGE MICHAEL & QUEEN WITH LISA STANSFIELD 1 1993
                            12 ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST QUEEN 7 1980
                            13 HEAVEN FOR EVERYONE QUEEN 2 1995
                            14 WE WILL ROCK YOU FIVE & QUEEN 1 2000
                            15 WE WILL ROCK YOU QUEEN N/A 1977
                            16 ONE VISION QUEEN 7 1985
                            17 I WANT IT ALL QUEEN 3 1989
                            18 BICYCLE RACE / FAT BOTTOMED GIRLS QUEEN 11 1978
                            19 YOU'RE MY BEST FRIEND QUEEN 7 1976
                            20 IT'S A HARD LIFE QUEEN 6 1984
                            ©2018 Official Charts Company. All rights reserved.

Comment

• Originally posted by brian05
                              Queen's Top 20 bestselling singles on the Official UK Chart
                              [youtube:20wu3l84]qYWnieVovGs[/youtube:20wu3l84]

Comment

• http://hitsdailydouble.com/news&id=3142 ... -AND-DRANG

Tuesday, November 20, 2018

TOP 20: STRUM AND DRANG

The banjos are back as Mumford & Sons get their third #1 debut. With the Thanksgiving holiday, expect a greater margin of error than usual.

1. *Mumford & Sons (Glassnote) 219-229k Total Activity, 209-219k Albums
                                2. *The Greatest Showman Reimagined (Atlantic) 89-94k, 73-78k
                                3. *Michael Buble (Reprise) 74-79k, 70-75k
                                4. Lady Gaga & Bradley Cooper (Interscope) 59-64k, 34-37k
                                5. *Mariah Carey (RCA) 47-52k, 42-47k
                                6. Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (Hollywood) 42-46k, 15-18k
                                7. Metro Boomin (Boominati/Republic) 41-45k, <1k
                                8. *Anderson .Paak (Aftermath/12 Tone) 39-43k, 12-14k
                                9. Drake (YMCMB/Republic) 39-43k, 2-3k
                                10. Travis Scott (Cactus Jack/Grand Hustle/Epic) 39-43k, 1-2k

*DEBUTS

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                                  Swiss Singles Charts

23 (24) 27 Bohemian Rhapsody
                                  65 (80) 2 Don't Stop Me Now
                                  80 (87) 2 Another One Bites The Dust
                                  +
                                  Swiss Album Charts

9 (6) 4 Bohemian Rhapsody
                                  15 (18) 81 The Platinum Collection - Greatest Hits I, II & III *new peak*
                                  29 (30) 50 Greatest Hits <5xP>
                                  74 (RE) 33 Made In Heaven <2xP>
                                  77 (70) 56 Greatest Hits II <5xP>

Comment

• The OCC have now confirmed that this list is pure sales. They have now included Queen's top 20 most streamed songs in the UK.

The release of the Bohemian Rhapsody biopic has also given a healthy boost to Queen's music on streaming services. Rhapsody remains their most popular, with 50.4 million streams, followed by Don't Stop Me Now on 46.1 million plays.

Comment

They have now included Queen's top 20 most streamed songs in the UK.
                                      https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-ne ... rt__24760/

Its pity they didnt show real numbers of sales / streams
                                      Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• Netherlands

BoxOffice 44
                                        Bohemian Rhapsody | bezoekers 150.528

BoxOffice week 45
                                        Bohemian Rhapsody | bezoekers 153.974

BoxOffice week 46
                                        Bohemian Rhapsody | bezoekers 117.725 (visitors )

Bron: Maccsbox

Comment

• Billboard TOP 200 albums https://www.billboard.com/charts/billboard-200
                                          The week of November 24, 2018

7 (3) Bohemian Rhapsody, 4 weeks, peak - 3
                                          19 (48) Greatest Hits, 314 w, p 11
                                          34 (9) The Platinum collection, 118 w, p 9

So the last week Queen had 2 albums in TOP 10 for the first time, and now - 3 albums in TOP 40 (maybe the first time too?).

Billboard TOP 100 singles https://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100
                                          40 (33) Bohemian Rhapsody, 43 w, p 2

Billboard Artist TOP 100
                                          https://www.billboard.com/charts/artist-100
                                          1 (1) Queen!!!, second week in a row at the top, 29 weeks in this chart.
                                          So who would dare to say Queen doesn't rule USA again?

Billboard TOP 50 Hot Rock songs
                                          16 Queen songs in it!!! - https://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-songs
                                          The main of them - Ay-Oh from Live Aid at No 49

Billboard Rock Digital songs sales TOP 25
                                          14 Queen songs in it - https://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-d ... song-sales

Billboard Rock streaming songs TOP 25
                                          8 Queen songs in it, No 1 for the second week in a row - Bohemian Rhapsody - https://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-streaming-songs

Billboard Top Rock albums TOP 50 https://www.billboard.com/charts/rock-albums
                                          3 (1) Bohemian Rhapsody, 4 w, p 1 (for 1 week)
                                          5 (7) Greatest hits, 51 w, p 3
                                          7 (2) The Platinum collection, 47 w, p 2

Billboard Hard rock albums TOP 25 https://www.billboard.com/charts/hard-rock-albums
                                          1 (1) Bohemian Rhapsody, second week in a row at the top, 4 weeks in this chart
                                          2 (3) Greatest hits, 98 w, p 1
                                          3 (2) The Platinum collection, 67 w, p 1
                                          18 (16) A Night at the Opera, 2 w, p 16
                                          Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

They have now included Queen's top 20 most streamed songs in the UK.
                                            [youtube:2c6smjmi]6DdjHz6ycmw[/youtube:2c6smjmi]

Comment

• As zeus555 posted in ABBA thread:

The Queen Film is already a bigger Hit than 'Mamma Mia! 2'.

The 'ABBA' Film has taken just under $400 Million - Worldwide - since July. The Queen Film has already
                                              gone past $400 Million and it was only released, in most Countries, in late October and the USA on the 2nd
                                              of November. So it has beaten 'Mamma Mia! 2' in just 1 Month.

We will see if it can reach the $600 Million of the 1st 'Mamma Mia!' Film.

Incidentally, a UK Poll Organisation - YouGov - has done a big UK Survey, of which Groups, the Population
                                              have the most positive and friendly attitude towards. The Top 4 were as follows:

1)... Queen -- 80%

2)... ABBA -- 78%

3)... The Beatles -- 73%

4)... Rolling Stones -- 61%

Freddie Mercury was also Voted the Top Solo Act - 76%.
                                              Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• I think 600 million dollars may be a push. Let's remember Mamma Mia was not about Abba and was full of A list actors with a fictitious story made for the big screen. Bohemian Rhapsody is the biggest grossing music biopic by a large margin already, maybe of any biopic!

Comment

• > 400 m was mentioned above
                                                  Here are the numbers according to mojo

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $132,639,253   33.1%
                                                  + Foreign: $268,573,996   66.9%
                                                  = Worldwide: $401,213,249 

Comment

• Worldwide iTunes Album Chart - 2018/11/21

1 - Queen The Platinum Collection
                                                    2 - Michael Buble - Love
                                                    3 - Queen Bohemian Rhapsody
                                                    4 - Queen Greatest Hits
                                                    5 - Mumford and Sons - Delta

Comment

Working...
                                                    X