Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by braca View Post
    InsideKino@MarkGInsideKino 15h

Die "entschwulte" Version (131 statt 134 Minuten) von BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY legt in einem limitierten Start in China am Freitag mit $1,5 Mio. los ($1,9 Mio. inkl. Previews) - die weltweite $900 Mio.-Marke ist also noch drin...
    Is this German?

Comment

• Yes. I posted it as it is as i think you are getting the gist
      Just confirming the numbers

Comment

He has not posted an updated one yet. Last one he posted I posted on this thread

Has Rockintunesbaby infected you with this... ....This was his obsession as i recall
        I like to see Queen No 1
        Queen rulez

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockintunesbaby View Post
          Is this German?
          All I can read are the numbers!!!

Comment

Is this German?

Comment

In addition it mentions what we all know:
              A cut version
              Limited release.

Comment

• Still however long it has in china it will pass 900m which is what we all want

Comment

• Wow! 2.62 million dollars estimate for Saturday in China. At number 4 in the top 10!!!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...06847846168207

Comment

• Who would've thought that the soundtrack would still chart in a few top 10s at this point? After all, the movie was released back in November 2018. Very impressive!
                    Is it offensive to fall in love with you and everything you do
                    and everything you stand for?
                    Could I break through your invisible wall, could I hide my pride for once,
                    just to tell you that I see more?

Comment

• Originally posted by theMathematician View Post
                      Who would've thought that the soundtrack would still chart in a few top 10s at this point? After all, the movie was released back in November 2018. Very impressive!
                      The same could be said about ASIB soundtrack or TGS, both have sold even more but the fact that it's a collection of songs many people already know is impressive. I expect it to be a successful catalogue album for years to come.

Comment

• Yes, those soundtracks turned out to be very successful, too. And all of them managed to chart high at the same time in some countries - it wasn't just 'Showman' or 'Bohemian Rhapsody' or 'A Star Is Born' dominating the charts.

Regarding 'Bohemian Rhapsody': I initially thought that it would perform like 'Fifty Shades II': Charting for a few weeks in the top 10 and on the whole chart for like 4-5 months. And now that those 4-5 months have passed, it's still in a few top 10s, even reaching new peaks in some.
                        Last edited by theMathematician; Sat March 23rd, 2019, 19:32.

Comment

Yes, those soundtracks turned out to be very successful, too. And all of them managed to chart high at the same time in some countries - it wasn't just 'Showman' or 'Bohemian Rhapsody' or 'A Star Is Born' dominating the charts.

Regarding 'Bohemian Rhapsody': I initially thought that it would perform like 'Fifty Shades II': Charting for a few weeks in the top 10 and on the whole chart for like 4-5 months. And now that those 4-5 months have passed, it's still in a few top 10s, even reaching new peaks in some.
                          They wrote timeless music that appeals to many generations. Old fans and new still want to hear Queen, looks like they are going to get a lot of new fans in China too!

Comment

• Indeed! Their music didn't stick with the 40+ generation, they seem to be popular with the younger people, too, otherwise that greatest hits album wouldn't have returned to the top 10 in so many countries after having been released more than a decade ago. Who else achieves that? And the band isn't even actively promoting it...

Comment

Indeed! Their music didn't stick with the 40+ generation, they seem to be popular with the younger people, too, otherwise that greatest hits album wouldn't have returned to the top 10 in so many countries after having been released more than a decade ago. Who else achieves that? And the band isn't even actively promoting it...
                              It's not just the Greatest hits album, it's The platinum collection and the BR soundtrack as well as significant increase in sales in the rest of their catalogue, which I might add is 15 studio album and many live albums.

Comment

• Early Weekend Estimates (Domestic)FRI, MAR. 22 SUN, MAR. 24
                                Last edited by braca; Sat March 23rd, 2019, 20:15.

Comment

• 22 March
                                  BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY $32,000 +10.9%
                                  $215,829,214

Looks like ASIB is no longer in the theatres

Comment

Looks like ASIB is no longer in the theatres
                                    It is, but it probably isn't getting reported on a daily basis anymore. The weekend numbers should come out either with estimates or finals.
                                    I have received many gifts from God,
                                    but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

InsideKino@MarkGInsideKino 15h

Die "entschwulte" Version (131 statt 134 Minuten) von BOHEMIAN RHAPSODY legt in einem limitierten Start in China am Freitag mit $1,5 Mio. los ($1,9 Mio. inkl. Previews) - die weltweite $900 Mio.-Marke ist also noch drin...

Comment

So we should be looking at a 5 million plus weekend in China. I'm fascinated to see where it goes from here! It's a huge number considering how many theatres are showing it compared to the others on the list.
                                        Last edited by Rockintunesbaby; Sat March 23rd, 2019, 22:00.

Comment

• UK TOP 100 album chart (results from 22 March 2019)
                                          https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/
                                          5 (7) Bohemian Rhapsody OST, 22 weeks
                                          11 (13) The Platinum collection, 235 weeks
                                          58 (38) A Night at the Opera, 68 weeks
                                          78 (61) Greatest hits, 866 weeks

UK TOP 100 Singles chart
                                          https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/
                                          60 (62) Bohemian Rhapsody, 37 weeks
                                          Last edited by Lawyeris; Sun March 24th, 2019, 12:54.
                                          Queen rulez

Comment

• China Saturday numbers
                                            https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...n__=%2As%2As-R

Saturday/Cume.
                                            1 More Than Blue - 11.26m/112.7m
                                            2 Song of Youth - 4.64m/8.16m
                                            3 Captain Marvel - 3.25m/143.8m
                                            4 Bohemian Rhapsody - 2.57m/4.48m
                                            5 Prooi(Holland) - 2.02m/4.08m
                                            Last edited by braca; Sun March 24th, 2019, 14:53.

Comment

• Saturday March 23, 2019
                                              Bohemian Rhapsody20th Century Fox$49,000+53%174$282 $215,878,214
                                              Sunday
                                              Bohemian Rhapsody20th Century Fox$26,000-47%174$149 $215,904,214

Comment

• Mojo
                                                Domestic: $215,904,214 24.3%
                                                + Foreign: $673,221,476 75.7%
                                                = Worldwide: $889,125,690

Comment

• BoxOfficeReport.com @BORReport 48m

Bohemian Rhapsody grossed an estimated $7.6M internationally this weekend, including a $6.4M debut in China.
                                                  International total stands at $673.2M, global total stands at $889.1M. #BohemianRhapsody

#Queen #BoxOffice @20thcenturyfox @BoRhapMovie

Comment

• 900 million dollars is in the basket folks!

Comment

• Thanks to Corpse
                                                      Japan
                                                      Weekend Estimates (03/23-24)
                                                      01 (01) 307,000,000 ($2.8 million), -30%, 2,900,000,000 ($26.1 million), Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of Moon Exploration (Toho) WK4
                                                      02 (---) 185,000,000 ($1.7 million), 0, 290,000,000 ($2.6 million), Bumblebee (Toho-Towa) NEW
                                                      03 (02) 184,000,000 ($1.7 million), -57%, 1,250,000,000 ($11.3 million), Captain Marvel (Disney) WK2
                                                      04 (04) 173,000,000 ($1.6 million), -24%, 2,525,000,000 ($22.8 million), Tonde Saitama (Toei) WK5
                                                      05 (03) x97,000,000 ($875,000), -61%, 520,000,000 ($4.7 million), Precure Miracle Universe (Toei) WK2
                                                      06 (03) x96,000,000 ($865,000), -29%, 1,390,000,000 ($12.5 million), Green Book (Gaga) WK4
                                                      07 (05) x90,000,000 ($815,000), -37%, 505,000,000 ($4.5 million), You Shine in Moonlight (Toho) WK2
                                                      08 (---) x65,000,000 ($590,000), 0, 175,000,000 ($1.6 million), Prince of Legend (Toho) NEW
                                                      09 (07) x54,000,000 ($490,000), -42%, 655,000,000 ($5.9 million), Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Sony) WK3
                                                      10 (08) x53,000,000 ($760,000), -40%, 275,000,000 ($2.5 million), Osomatsu-san: The Movie (Shochiku) WK2

>Bohemian Rhapsody finally fell out of the top 10, but it took twenty weeks in release before doing so. I have it coming in 13th place over the weekend following a good ~25% decline for around 40 million ($360,000), bringing its total up to ~12.62 billion ($113.2 million). I'll continue to track it for as long as possible.
                                                      Last edited by braca; Mon March 25th, 2019, 09:20.

Comment

• https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme.../#3ffbcfe63d49

In other Fox news, Bohemian Rhapsody opened in China this weekend, via a heavily censored (around three minutes of gay content removed) cut that nonetheless earned $6.3m in its debut frame. That gives the Bryan Singer-directed Freddie Mercury biopic a still-absurd $889.1m global cume. If we counted Bohemian Rhapsody as a superhero movie, it would soon be the biggest solo superhero movie behind Captain Marvel, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Aquaman, Iron Man 3and Black Panther.

Comment

• https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...0-albums-chart

Juice WRLD's 'Death Race for Love' Rules for Second Week at No. 1 on Billboard 200
                                                          3/24/2019 by Keith Caulfield

Queens Bohemian Rhapsody soundtrack, which peaked at No. 2, is a non-mover at No. 5 with 33,000 units (down 9 percent).

Comment

• I see queen still has 3 lps in top ten in Austrlia

Comment

• oops Australia

Comment

Working...
                                                              X