4 Dumbo - 1.85m NEW
    5 More Than Blue - 1.47m

6 Bohemian Rhapsody - 0.53m
    7 Captain Marvel - 0.43m
    8 Green Book - 0.17m
    9 Happy Family(UK/Germany) - 0.17m NEW
    http://english.entgroup.cn/boxoffice/cn/daily/
    29 March 2019
    6 Bohemian Rhapsody $0.49 ($9.61 total cume) adjusted to $0.52 ($9.63 total cume)
    Last edited by braca; Sat March 30, 2019, 09:13.

Comment

• Tks to Corpse
      Weekend Forecast (03/30-31)
      01 (01) 279,000,000 ($2.5 million), -10%, 3,820,000,000 ($34.5 million), Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of Moon Exploration (Toho) WK5
      02 (---) 250,000,000 ($2.3 million), 0, 325,000,000 ($2.9 million), Dumbo (Disney) NEW
      03 (03) 144,000,000 ($1.3 million), -18%, 2,875,000,000 ($26.2 million), Tonde Saitama (Toei) WK6
      04 (02) 109,000,000 ($980,000), -40%, 1,520,000,000 ($13.7 million), Captain Marvel (Disney) WK3
      05 (04) 101,000,000 ($910,000), -42%, 550,000,000 ($5.0 million), Bumblebee (Toho-Towa) WK2
      06 (05) x88,000,000 ($795,000), -15%, 715,000,000 ($6.5 million), Precure Miracle Universe (Toei) WK3
      07 (---) x75,000,000 ($675,000), 0, 130,000,000 ($1.2 million), Ninja Drones? (Shochiku) NEW
      08 (07) x71,000,000 ($640,000), -20%, 760,000,000 ($6.9 million), You Shine in Moonlight (Toho) WK3
      09 (06) x69,000,000 ($620,000), -28%, 1,590,000,000 ($14.4 million), Green Book (Gaga) WK5
      10 (09) x34,000,000 ($305,000), -37%, 395,000,000 ($3.6 million), Osomatsu-san: The Movie (Shochiku) WK3

The last weekend of March can be a bit tricky to predict since it's near the end of Spring Break.

Generally, kids/family films hold very well, and can sometimes experiences weekend increases. I'm going to bet against any increases this year, however, since Monday is the 1st of the month (this can sometimes slightly deflate the weekend) and some will be willing to wait until then to get discounted ticket prices. Every other type of film mostly behaves like they would on any ordinary weekend, but one or two can surprise with an excellent hold.

>Doraemon: Nobita's Chronicle of Moon Exploration is looking to achieve its fifth-consecutive weekend atop the box-office, and it's likely to earn it. If any film sees an increase this weekend, then it should be the thirty-ninth entry in this franchise.

>Dumbo opens this weekend, a pretty rare day-and-date release with the rest of the world, but it's probably going to have to settle for a second place debut. It delivered a mediocre start on Friday, and its Saturday pre-sales aren't encouraging. 2016's The Jungle Book is a great comparison here, and Dumbo's pre-sales are 20% below it. The Jungle Book opened with 302 million, so a debut around 250 million for Dumbo seems likely.

>And finally, the tenth place position this weekend is open for several films. There is even a chance that Bohemian Rhapsody sneaks back in in its twenty-first weekend of release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawyeris View Post
        GLOBAL ALBUMS
        week 13 / 2019 - March 30
        5 (6 / 4)
        week 21 Soundtrack - Bohemian Rhapsody
        Hollywood / Virgin EMI - 93.000 / 2.561.000

22 weeks in chart, 21 in TOP 10, peak - No 2.
        http://www.mediatraffic.de/albums-week13-2019.htm
        The BR soundtrack slides 10% each week more or less. Im wondering if and when it will settle and consistently shift a weekly amount. I think it could turn out to be a good catalogue seller, the early signs are positive.

Comment

• https://m.facebook.com/Chinese-Box-O...=52&__tn__=C-R

Saturday est.

Song of Youth reclaim its top spot with a 146% increase, at 5.2m it has its best day so far. All this with just the 3rd biggest release(51.2 thousand shows) of the day. When compare to last Saturday it rose 12%.

With just over 62.5 thousand shows, Disney's Dumbo was the 2nd largest release of the day, It took in 4.63m, family audiences help it with 142% increase over Friday.

Spanish movie Mirage/Durante la tormenta stays number 3, 44,000 shows, 3.62m, up 77%.

More Than Blue hasn't been holding as great as the first few days, but it's already way above expectations. it adds 2.64m from 50,000 shows.

Yesterday's champ The Human Comedy was shown 83.500 times, but only managed 2.49m, a massive 55% drop.

Other highlight include Bohemian Rhapsody passes Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri as the biggest art house release in China. it took in 1.06m for a cume of 10.7m.

Good night.

Comment

• So, so that’s the big opening day of a ‘wide release’? Either that guy on Twitter made it up, or this was a bad miscalculation.

Comment

• Queenonline.com the officia site has not that BR is getting wide release in china

Comment

• SORRY not said

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockintunesbaby View Post
                  So, so that’s the big opening day of a ‘wide release’? Either that guy on Twitter made it up, or this was a bad miscalculation.
                  Cynicism will get you nowhere young man! I guess the announcement was incorrect

This was the tweet
                  https://mobile.twitter.com/gavinfeng...19350725898240

�� regan54 -- you can just edit your original post if you have left something out.
                  Last edited by braca; Sat March 30, 2019, 21:41.

Comment

• Thanks braca

Comment

• It seems that the movie is no more available in USA???
                      I can't see it in estimate list.
                      Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

It seems that the movie is no more available in USA???
                        I can't see it in estimate list.
                        It's still playing in 101 theaters. But later in the run studios don't bother with estimates, they just report final numbers once they're available. It's just like last week.
                        I have received many gifts from God,
                        but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                          It's still playing in 101 theaters. But later in the run studios don't bother with estimates, they just report final numbers once they're available. It's just like last week.
                          Thanx! Do you know something true, if the movie get/got wide release in China?
                          Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

Thanx! Do you know something true, if the movie get/got wide release in China?
                            No, but I've previously said that you shouldn't expect much and I was surprised to see when it got posted that BR will get an expansion. Rare are the movies that get expansion in China. It's a very frontloaded market and due to their enormous production that they need to fit into the theater program movies move quickly there and vanish from the theaters soon. What they grab in 1-2 weeks(3 weeks if the movie is really huge) is basically it, they start losing theaters from that point rapidly and even if people are still interested it doesn't matter as movie officials there want to give every movie a chance in theater and the only way to accommodate them all is to cut the runs short. It's not like the US where movie could play for a whole year if the demand is there.
                            I have received many gifts from God,
                            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• UK TOP 100 album chart (29 March 2019)
                              https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/albums-chart/
                              6 (5) Bohemian Rhapsody OST, 23 weeks
                              11 (11) The Platinum collection, 236 weeks
                              64 (58) A Night at the Opera, 69 weeks
                              out (78) Greatest hits, 866 weeks

UK TOP 100 Singles chart
                              https://www.officialcharts.com/charts/singles-chart/
                              64 (60) Bohemian Rhapsody, 38 weeks
                              Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• Anyway, our 900 million should be in the bag eventually!

Comment

• Hopefully we should have 898/899 million dollars at the end of today.

Comment

• I have read that all has been said on here and have afew times when are queen going to get a diamound award from USA for greatest hits. Ive also checked other countries sales. It seems greatest hits should also be diamound in Canada Australia . I think also both greatest hits should be diamound in Germany and jewels should be diamound in JAPAN. Then again al sales must have changed in the counties and ive got it wrong
                                    Last edited by regan54; Sun March 31, 2019, 07:23. Reason: spelling

Comment

• I am not a 100% sure but I think diamond awards in Australia and Germany have only fairly recently been introduced. it does not make sense awarding it a diamond award while you already have it listed as 15 X platinum. They could issue it a 3xD award they may have I do not know. In effect they have done by awarding it 15xP. I do know that current certification in Australia is based on sales since with EMI.

Germany platinum used to be for 500,000 sales. Not sure when they reduced it, after 1999 I think.

Queen Jewels I think it has been issued a diamond award in Japan I think it is referred to as gold disk million seller albums in Japan back then.

https://www.golddisc.jp/award/19/Prize_2.html#gd19_06

As for US CA ....I do not know what Hollywood's agenda is. Many Singles have been awarded sales awards over the last few years in the US but only 1 for BoRhap recently in CA. But as fast as albums are concerned they do not seem to care which is odd!
                                      Last edited by braca; Sun March 31, 2019, 13:33.

Comment

• Thanks for that braca

Comment

• Originally posted by braca View Post
                                          I think it has been issued a diamond award in Japan I think it is referred to as gold disk million seller albums in Japan back then.

https://www.golddisc.jp/award/19/Prize_2.html#gd19_06
                                          This is for Queen jewel. Not Queen greatest hits. Official certifications started in april 1989. And unfortunately music companies don't really certify catalog albums

Comment

• Ah i see thanks for info john2000

Comment

• Originally posted by john2000 View Post
                                              This is for Queen jewel. Not Queen greatest hits. Official certifications started in april 1989. And unfortunately music companies don't really certify catalog albums
                                              Yes it was for Queen jewels regan54 refered to it as such. I should have referred to it myself. I will adjust the post

Comment

• Originally posted by john2000 View Post
                                                I guess it depents on the RC. the Eagles and MJ's record companies certainly like to do it they turned it into a interesting pissing contest
                                                Last edited by braca; Sun March 31, 2019, 14:51.

Comment

• It looks like BR will only just and just squeeze over 900 million. This weeks total is 896.336,901 dollars.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies...anrhapsody.htm

Comment

• https://chart-history.net/queen/
                                                    Last edited by Lawyeris; Sun March 31, 2019, 17:10.
                                                    Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

Working...
                                                    X