No announcement yet.

Queen :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you MJ Dangerous. Yes I know that some figures are higher than that. In Canada, Greatest hits 1 spent more than 400 weeks on catalog charts. And for Japan it sold 147.000 copies their three entries on the charts (in 1981, 1986 and 2001), but sales are bigger as you said. If your estimations are right, it gives about 20 M in those 13 countries. How are your estimations for the rest of the world?. There is no many information avaible from other places. Thank you for your answer.

Comment

There, I made my own breakdown for Queen Greatest hits 2, some posts above. Please, if someone has more information (specially for Asian markets, ans other places that I donīt have) or wants to make some corrections, post them here.

Comment

What is this "Jewel" release in Japan all about? What are the tracks?
        Why availalbe only in Japan?

Comment

Originally posted by HUR
          Thank you MJ Dangerous. Yes I know that some figures are higher than that. In Canada, Greatest hits 1 spent more than 400 weeks on catalog charts. And for Japan it sold 147.000 copies their three entries on the charts (in 1981, 1986 and 2001), but sales are bigger as you said. If your estimations are right, it gives about 20 M in those 13 countries. How are your estimations for the rest of the world?. There is no many information avaible from other places. Thank you for your answer.
          I don't have other informations but I estimate his WW sales at a minimum of 27 millions, more likely over 28 millions.

BTW, GH1 spent now over 500 weeks on catalog charts
          25 June 2009, the day the Music died

Comment

Originally posted by HUR
            There, I made my own breakdown for Queen Greatest hits 2, some posts above. Please, if someone has more information (specially for Asian markets, ans other places that I donīt have) or wants to make some corrections, post them here.
            I only know that in Mexico it sold AT LEAST 250.000 copies. It was certified for this but I don't know when and I don't know if it has received higher certifications since this one. So take this number as a minimum.

Comment

Thank you MJ Dangerous, I really didīt know that figure from Mexico, very good information. And itīs incredible the success of Greatest hits in Canada, and also Classic queen. Both albums should be re-certified.

Comment

Originally posted by Classicrock
                What is this "Jewel" release in Japan all about? What are the tracks?
                Why availalbe only in Japan?
                Oh sorry, I hadnīt seen your question. Well, Queen jewels was a japanese compilation realise, due to a TV program in that country, called "Pride", whose author decided to use Queen songs in it. The main song was "I was born to love you", and other ones which appeard on that TV program. Of course, EMI Toshiba realsed, when it started, these compilation. They also re-relesed all Queen back catalog. there, and two DVDīs in that same year. The album was 3 weeks at number one.

The tracklist included the same songs we all know: "Bohemian rhapsody", "We will rock you", "We are the champions", "Crazzy little thing called love", "Another one bites the dust", "Radio ga-ga", "The show must go on", "Under pressure", and others.

Comment

Some posts above, I left my list of all number one albums I have collected from diffrent sources. Plaese, if someone has some number one to add, post them here.

Comment

Some other number one queen album:

A Kind of Magic: Germany
                    Made in Heaven: New Zeland, Sweden
                    Greatest Hits I: Canada, New Zeland, Australia
                    Greatest Hits II: Hungary
                    Live at Wembley: Italy (4)
                    The Works: Italy (4)

Some other number one Queen DVD:

Greatest Video Hits I: UK, Australia
                    Live at Wembley: UK, Netherland, Germany, Italy, Australia, Austria, France, New Zeland
                    Greatest Video Hits II: UK
                    Live at the Bowl: UK, Netherland, Germany, Italy, Austria

Comment

Hello Bestiamodesta, thank you for your answer. But there are some mistakes there: in Germany, "A kind of magic" was not number one, it peaked at number 4; and the same for "The works" in Italy, because it was also number 4 there. And from Australia, for the information I have Greates hits 1 was number 2.

And for Hungary, I had forgotten that Greatest hits 2 was number one, I will add it to my list.

Well, about DVD charts, Greatest video hits 1 was number 2 in three different moments, in 2003, 2005 and 2006.

Comment

I got really much chart/certification/chart fact about queen.

I'm collecting Queen chart since 1995... I'll post here soon what i got!

I'm mad about the Queen!

BestiaModesta

Comment

Originally posted by bestiamodesta
                          I got really much chart/certification/chart fact about queen.

I'm collecting Queen chart since 1995... I'll post here soon what i got!

I'm mad about the Queen!

BestiaModesta

Iīm really looking forward to your work, it would be very interesting to see it.

About Queen charts news, it has to say that "Live at wembley", Greatest video hits 1, "Queen on fire", and Greatest video hits 2 were at top four of the best selling dvdīs last week. "Live at wembley" keeps on being the number one at this week.

Comment

Out of interest the sales of Queens greatest hits in USA at 7m,is that per unit,or for each disc.
                            Night At The Opera,on that album i remember seeing in the past on 2 or 3 occassions it sold well over 500,000 by spring of 76.They seemed very reliable sources at the time.

Cheers Cidermaster.
                            You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Originally posted by cidermaster
                              Out of interest the sales of Queens greatest hits in USA at 7m,is that per unit,or for each disc.
                              Night At The Opera,on that album i remember seeing in the past on 2 or 3 occassions it sold well over 500,000 by spring of 76.They seemed very reliable sources at the time.

Cheers Cidermaster.

Hello, thank you cidermaster. Well, about "A night at the opera", it was 3 platinum award in USA in 2002. Since 1991, it surely is over 1 million copies. And about Greatest hits, there has to say that it is a single disc.

Comment

I have a question for French charts experts here (that is, MJ Dangerous ): according to infodisc page, "The show must go on" single was at number one in 1992 during 2 weeks, but, as far as I remember from other sites, it was number 2, not number one. Does anybody know the correct position?.

On the other side, according to figures from that same page, Queen is well over 5 millions copies in France, only below a few international bands (like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, U2, Super tramp, Dire Straits, The Rolling stones), but that seems to be too much for a band like Queen which, for the information I have, was not a really a big band there (at least, in term of peak positions and weeks on the charts). So I donīt understand well enough which is their real success there. Does anybody have an idea about how big Queen is in France?. I hope somebody can help me. Thank you in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by HUR
                                  I have a question for French charts experts here (that is, MJ Dangerous ): according to infodisc page, "The show must go on" single was at number one in 1992 during 2 weeks, but, as far as I remember from other sites, it was number 2, not number one. Does anybody know the correct position?.

On the other side, according to figures from that same page, Queen is well over 5 millions copies in France, only below a few international bands (like Pink Floyd, The Beatles, U2, Super tramp, Dire Straits, The Rolling stones), but that seems to be too much for a band like Queen which, for the information I have, was not a really a big band there (at least, in term of peak positions and weeks on the charts). So I donīt understand well enough which is their real success there. Does anybody have an idea about how big Queen is in France?. I hope somebody can help me. Thank you in advance.
                                  Singles peak positions in the site Infodisc are not officials, they are a strange mixture between various charts... The official single chart exist since 1984, here runs of Queen's singles :

11/11/1984 I Want To Break Free 15 16 15 10 9 11 13 14 14 15 16 21 23 35 45 43
                                  04/05/1986 A Kind Of Magic 31 21 22 21 14 15 7 8 5 5 8 9 10 19 17 22 30 29 33 49
                                  14/03/1992 The Show Must Go On 34 10 9 7 5 4 4 3 3 2 2 5 3 5 4 9 6 14 19 24 35
                                  01/08/1992 Bohemian Rhapsody 29 31 23 26 17 15 23 15 17 18 23 32 25 30 39
                                  31/10/1992 We Are The Champions 36 32 25 26 24 19 19 19 19 24 30 29 47 29 31 32 36 42 48 45 44
                                  19/06/1993 Somebody To Love 36 20 28 18 16 23 22 36 21 32 24 37 37
                                  03/07/1993 We Are The Champions (2) 20 15 23 14 20 19 20 29 26 25 25
                                  28/10/1995 Heaven For Everyone 29 30 17 19 19 13 16 11 8 16 18 23 22 25 27 45 47 31
                                  09/03/1996 You Don't Fool Me 33 23 18 22 17 17 19 15 14 16 17 19 21 30 31 44
                                  01/08/1998 We Are The Champions (3) 22 10 10 10 13 19 29 40 43
                                  17/05/2003 We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions 29 30 33 36 40 49 46
                                  20/12/2003 Another One Bites The Dust/We Will Rock You 49 48

Queen has not a huge success which all his albums, but the band still VERY popular in France and selling 100-200k of many albums + a few big sellers permit them to be between the most successful bands ever. "Greatest Hits 2" was a massive success selling well over 1 million copies, News Of The World and Made In Heaven sold each 600-700k, Live At Wembley, Platinum Collection, Greatest Hits 1 and Innuendo are all well over 300k, this mean already almost 4 millions albums sold.
                                  In term of popularity in France, Queen is definitly in the top 10 biggest bands, maybe Top 5 or even Top 3.

BTW, "Greatest Hits 1" is "new" this week in the Swedish chart at #57.

Comment

Thank yoy MJ Dangerous, impressive information as always, very good. Iīs incredible the chart success of "We are the champions" as a single in France: on the pre-official charts, it was number one with "We will rock you" in 1978. But it has three re-releases after that, like in 1993 (when it was number 14), in 1998 (when it was number 10), and again in 2003 (reaching this time the number 29).

And there has to remember, that the pathetic crazy frog cover of these song this year was also number one.

Comment

Originally posted by HUR
                                      Thank yoy MJ Dangerous, impressive information as always, very good. Iīs incredible the chart success of "We are the champions" as a single in France: on the pre-official charts, it was number one with "We will rock you" in 1978. But it has three re-releases after that, like in 1993 (when it was number 14), in 1998 (when it was number 10), and again in 2003 (reaching this time the number 29).

And there has to remember, that the pathetic crazy frog cover of these song this year was also number one.
                                      Yes as well as the cover of "We Will Rock You" by Forever Young was a massive hit in 2003 (used a a spot TV) :

03/05/2003 : 10-2-2-3-2-4-4-4-4-4-5-8-9-10-9-11-14-17-27-38-38-50

Always in 2003, a double cover single Another Brick In The Wall/We Are The Champions by Will Rock U Kids was charted several months in the top 100 but peaked under the Top 50 at #61.

Comment

Yes, I have forgotten that one, that single was also released in other european countries, with no many success.

Comment

Well, here an interesting break down of Live at wembley DVD, which had very good sales worldwide:

UK: 255 k
                                          Netherlands: 115 k
                                          Switzerland: 3 k
                                          Austria: 5 k
                                          Germany: 150 k
                                          Denmark: 5 k (number 2 this year)
                                          Spain: 25 k
                                          Portugal: 44 k
                                          Italy: 60 k
                                          France: 110 k
                                          Sweden: 5 k (number 3 in 2003, and many weeks on the charts)
                                          Poland: 10 k
                                          Norway: 4 k (number 3 in 2003)
                                          Greece: 5 k
                                          Ireland: number 2 in 2003, 5 k?
                                          Czec. Rep.: ?
                                          Hungary: ?
                                          Finland: ?

USA: 250 k
                                          Argentina: 8 k
                                          Brazil: 10 k
                                          Mexico: 20 k

Australia: 60 k
                                          New Zeland: 10 k

Japan: 27 k

Total for those countries: 1.184.000 copies.

Estimated worldwide: 1.300.000 copies.

I took minimum some estimations (like Sweden, Norway, Denmark and others). Dispite that, I think that the only very debatable number is about Italy, but the DVD spent 16 weeks at number one according to Musica e Dischi in 2005, and 9 weeks at that position in the other Italian charts, and there has to remember that it was released in 2003. By the way, 60 k for a DVD in Italy means 2 platinum awards.

Sales for Europe are on about 790.000 copies.

What do you think about this break down?. If someone has more information, or thinks some numbers are too high, please post your comments here.

Comment

Well, I will start a break down with the Queen back catalog. Most of the following numbers are based on estimations due to lack of information. Dispite that, I know much more now than when I first enterd at this page, so first of all, I have to thank to all people here, like MJ Dangerous, Basil, Colin, Hanboo, John 2000, Mario, Enno, Indi, and a lot more.

1- Queen

-UK: 150 k
                                            -USA: 800 k
                                            -Japan: 24 k (charted in 1975 and 2004)

Estimated worldwide: 1.500.000 copies.

It didnīt chart in most countries, but with more than 30 years of back catalog sales that number seems to be right (or at least I think so).

2- Queen 2

-UK: 200 k
                                            -USA: 500 k
                                            -Japan: 56 k
                                            -Norway: number 18 on the charts

Estimation worldwide: 1.000.000 copies

3- Sheer heart attack

-UK: 500 k
                                            -Japan: 104 k
                                            -Netherlands: number 6
                                            -Norway: number 9
                                            -Australia: number 19
                                            -France: number 24
                                            -Spain: number 18

Estimation worldwide: 2.000.000 copies

4- A night at the opera

-UK: 1200 k
                                            -Netherlands: 300 k (9 weeks at number one in 1976, charted again in 1992)
                                            -Germany: 700 k (certified 500 k in 1993).
                                            -Spain: 200 k (number 2, 18 weeks on the charts, and the best selling album of 1976 accordind to a spanish press article)
                                            -Italy: 50 k (it never charted until 2005 with the re-release)
                                            -France: 100 k (flopped in 1976, but a very decent back catalog seller)
                                            -Switzerlands: 70 k (certified 50 k in 1992)
                                            -Austria: 25 k
                                            -Sweden: 50 k
                                            -Rest of Europe: 300 k

-USA: 3500 k (certified 3000 k in 2002)
                                            -Canada: 200 k

-Japan: 200 k

-Australia: 300 k (2 weeks at number one at the end of 1975, and the fourth best selling album of 1976)

Estimation worldwide: 8.000.000 copies.

Some charts facts:

- In UK, it was at number one during 4 weeks between the end of 1975 and the beginning of 1976. According to the Queenīs archivist (in his book "As it began) it sold over 500.000 copies in its first 8 weeks. It was 50 weeks on the official charts, and 93 on the biggest one available since 1994. It was also one of the 30 best selling albums of the 70ī and in the top 100 of the best selling albums compiled in 1987.

- In USA, it had a very good chart-running during 1976, peaking at number 4 (three weeks at that position), and seven at top ten. It was surely one of the big seller between 1976 and 1977. It sold more than 981.000 copies since 1991, and will pass the million mark this year. For that reason, 3.500.000 copies can be a very godd picture of its real sales.

I will post some other estimations. Of course these is nothing official, bit still a very good idea about some Queen worldwide sales.

Iīm looking forwrd to comments or opinions about this numbers from people here, due to most of them are estimations. And besides, I also wait for claims about this break downs being fake.

Comment

5- A day at the races.

-UK: 500 k (number one)
                                              -Netherlands: 150 k (5 weeks at number one in 1977)
                                              -Germany: 300 k (certified 250 k)
                                              -Spain: 50 k
                                              -Italy: 50 k
                                              -France: 50 k (It didnīt chart)
                                              -Switzerland: 25 k
                                              -Rest of Europe: 200 k

-USA: 1200 k (number 5 in 1977, certified 1000 k in 2002)
                                              -Canada: 150 k (certified 100 k in 1977)

-Japan: 200 k (number one)

-Australia: 100 k (number 8 in 1977)

Estimations worldwide: 3.500.000 copies

6- News of the world

-Netherlands: 200 k (5 weeks at number one in the last weeks of 1977)
                                              -Germany: 600 k
                                              -Spain: ?
                                              -Italy: ?
                                              -France: 600 k (3 weeks at number one, and 16 weeks at top ten)
                                              -Switzerland: 50 k

-USA: 4200 k (number 3 in 1978, and 13 weeks at top ten. Certified 4000 k in 2002, and sold more then 800 k since 1991)
                                              -Canada: 400 k (certified 300 k in 1978)

-Japan: 84 k

-Australia: 100 k

-Estimations worldwide: 7.500.000 copies

7- Jazz

-Netherlands: 150 k (certified 100 k in 1979)
                                              -Germany: 400 k
                                              -France: 200 k

-USA: 1300 k (certified in 1978)
                                              -Canada: 200 k (number 3 at the end of 1978)

-Japan: 106 k

-Australia: 50 k

-Estimations worldwide: 3.500.000 copies

8- Live killers

-UK: 200 k
                                              -Netherlands: 50 k
                                              -France: ?
                                              -Sweden: ?

-USA: 1200 k (certified 1000 k in 2002, sold over 500 k since 2002)
                                              -Canada: 50 k

-Japan: 56 k

-Australia: ?

Comment

9- The game

-UK: 300 k
                                                -Netherlands: 70 k
                                                -Germany: 400 k (number 2)
                                                -Spain: 100 k
                                                -France: 50 k

-USA: 4200 k (5 weeks at number one)
                                                -Canada: 500 k (5 weeks at number one)

-Japan: 75 k

-Estimations worldwide: 7.000.000 copies

10- Flash

-UK: 150 k
                                                -Switzerland: ?
                                                -Austria: 40 k
                                                -Rest of Europe: 150 k

-Japan: 68 k

-Estimations worldwide: 2.000.000 copies

11- Hot space

-Germany: 300 k
                                                -Spain: 100 k
                                                -France: 300 k
                                                -Austria: 40 k
                                                -Sweden: 100 k

-Canada: 100 k

-Japan: 60 k

-Estimations worldwide: 3.000.000 copies

12- The works

-UK: 1000 k (number 2 during 3 weeks, and 25 weeks at top ten)
                                                -Netherlands: 100 k (certified gold, but 2 weeks at number one)
                                                -Germany: 400 k (number 3, and 14 weeks at top ten)
                                                -Spain: 200 k
                                                -Italy: 100 k
                                                -Switzerland: 80 k (number 3, and third best chart-running of 1984)
                                                -Austria: 70 k (number 2, 36 weeks at top ten, and the second best chart-running of 1984)
                                                -Sweden: 100 k

-Canada: 150 k

-Japan: 67 k

-Estimations worldwide: 4.500.000 copies

Comment

13- A kind of magic

-UK: 1200 k (number one, 16 weeks at top ten)
                                                  -Netherlands: 100 k
                                                  -Germany: 700 k
                                                  -Spain: 400 k (200 k only in cdīs)
                                                  -Switzerland: 120 k
                                                  -Austria: 50 k

-USA: 1000 k (500 k since 1991)

-Japan: 13 k

-Estimations worldwide: 5.000.000 copies

14- Live magic

-UK: 600 k
                                                  -Germany: 250 k
                                                  -Spain: 200 k

-USA: ? (not released until 1991)
                                                  -Canada: ?

-Japan: 2 k

15- The miracle

-Netherlands: 150 k
                                                  -Germany: 800 k (8 weeks st number one, 19 weeks at top ten. Certified 500 k in 1990)
                                                  -Spain: 300 k (160 k only in cdīs)
                                                  -Italy: 300k (number 3, and top 20 of the year-end charts of 1989)
                                                  -Austria: 40 k (number one. Certified gold)

-Japan: 20 k

-Estimations worldwide: 4.000.000 copies

16- Innuendo

-Netherlands: 150 k (certified platinium in 1991)
                                                  -Germany: 700 k (6 weeks at number one in 1991, and 12 weeks at top ten. Certified 500 k in 1992)
                                                  -Spain: 250 k (130 copies only in cdīs)
                                                  -Italy: 500 k (400 k in 1991)
                                                  -France: 350 k
                                                  -Switzerland: 120 k
                                                  -Austria: 50 k
                                                  -Sweden: 50

-USA: 900 k

-Japan: 41 k

-Estimations worldwide: 5.000.000 copies

Comment

17- Live at wembley

-Netherlands: 70 k
                                                    -Spain: 300 k
                                                    -Italy: 400 k
                                                    -France: 350 k

-USA: 600 k

-Japan: 7 k

18- Made in heaven

-UK: 1500 k
                                                    -Netherlands: 240 k
                                                    -Germany: 1100
                                                    -Spain: 280 k
                                                    -Italy: 600 k
                                                    -France: 650 k
                                                    -Switzerland: 170 k
                                                    -Austria: 100
                                                    -Total Europe by now: 5200 k

-Canada: 100 k

-Japan: 400 k

-Australia: 70 k

-Estimations worldwide: 7.500.000 copies

Iīm not happy with this number, because as I read in several press articles from 1997, that album was on about 10 millions copies. Maybe thsoe sales were inflated, or maybe my estimations are so low. But here some information from those years: the album was number in at least 14 countries, and platinim or multi-platinum in at least 20 countries (between them, Argentina, Belgium, Korea, Honk Kong, South Africa, 2 platinum in Czec republic, 3 platinum in New Zeland, Portugal, and others).

19-Queen on fire:

-UK: 100 k
                                                    -Germany: 100 k
                                                    -Switzerland: ?
                                                    -Austria: ?
                                                    -Rest of Europe: 100 k

-USA: ?

-Estimations worldwide: 500.000 copies

Comment

Compilations:

20- Greatest hits 1

-UK: 5100 k
                                                      -Netherlands: 400 k
                                                      -Germany: 1750 k
                                                      -Spain: 300 k
                                                      -Italy: 200 k
                                                      -Switzerland: 270 k
                                                      -Austria: 200 k
                                                      -Rest of Europe: 900 k

-USA: 8700 k
                                                      -Canada: 700 k

-Japan: 147 k (it sold that during its there entries)

-Australia: 910 k

Other numbers:
                                                      -Brazil: 500 k (certified 250 k only in cdīs)
                                                      -Korea: 530 k
                                                      -Denmark: 100 k
                                                      -Finland: 38 k
                                                      -New Zealand: 145 k

-Estimation worldwide: 23.000.000 copies

21-Greatest hits 2

-UK: 2800 k
                                                      -Netherlands: 600 k
                                                      -Germany: 2500 k (certified 2000 k in 1993, and reached number 19 in 1997)
                                                      -Spain: 800 k (600 k cdīs only)
                                                      -Italy: 1100 k (1000 k until 1992)
                                                      -France: 1500 k (certified 1000 k in 1992)
                                                      -Switzerland: 270 k
                                                      -Austria: 220 k
                                                      -Sweden: 300 k
                                                      -Rest of Europe: 1200 k

-USA: 3260 k
                                                      -Canada: 800 k (certified 500 k in 1993, and more than 400 on back catalog charts)

Some other numbers:
                                                      -Argentina: 500 k (certified in 2002, but it is said to be over 1000 k)
                                                      -Brazil: 750 k (certified 500 k for cdīs)
                                                      -Mexico: 250 k
                                                      -New Zealand: 150 k
                                                      -Belgium: according to a Queen site (with archive and old articles), it was the second best selling album of 1992
                                                      -Finland: 132 k
                                                      -Denmark: 250 k
                                                      -Czech republic: 60 k
                                                      -Hungary: number one, and 78 weeks on the charts.

-Estimations worldwide: 18.000.000 copies

22- Greatest hits 3

-Germany: 300 k
                                                      -Spain: 70 k
                                                      -Italy: 300 k
                                                      -France: 100 k

-Estimations worldwide: 2.500.000 copies

23-Greatest hits 1 and Greatest hits 2 (box set)

-UK: 50 k

-USA: 700 k

-Japan: 40 k

24-Platinium collection

-UK: 1360 k (according to music week last year)
                                                      -Netherlands: 220 k (certified 200 k in 2005)
                                                      -Germany: 150 k
                                                      -Spain: 197 k
                                                      -Italy: 420 k
                                                      -Austria: ?
                                                      -Total Europe: 3200 k

-USA: 417 k

-Japan: ?

-Australia: 70 k

-Estimations worldwide: 4.000.000 copies

25-Queen rocks

-Germany: 150 k
                                                      -Spain: 70 k

-Australia: 35 k

-Estimations worldwide: 1.000.000 copies

Comment

Other stuff:

26-The best 1

27-The best 2

28-In vision

-Japan: 160 k

29-Queen jewels

-Japan: 1300 k
                                                        -Taiwan: 25 k (number one on international charts)
                                                        -Honk kong: 10 k

Worldwide sales: 1.300.000 +

30-Queen jewels 2

-Japan: 100 k

30-Stone cold classic

-USA: 100 k

Total for those relases: 2.000.000 copies

Comment

Well, there I have ended up my break down. Some of those numbers can seem high, and other ones low, but I left them as an idea about Queen real sales:

Queen: 1.500.000
                                                          Queen 2: 1.000.000
                                                          Sheer heart attck: 2.000.000
                                                          A night at the opera: 8.000.000
                                                          A day at the races: 3.500.000
                                                          News of the world: 7.500.000
                                                          Jazz: 3.500.000
                                                          Live killers: 3.500.000
                                                          The game: 7.000.000
                                                          Flash Gordon: 2.000.000
                                                          Hot space: 3.000.000
                                                          The works: 4.500.000
                                                          A kind of magic: 5.000.000
                                                          Live magic: 2.000.000
                                                          The miracle: 4.000.000
                                                          Innuendo: 5.000.000
                                                          Live at wembley: 3.500.000
                                                          Made in heaven: 7.500.000
                                                          Queen on fire: 500.000
                                                          Greatest hits 1: 23.000.000
                                                          Greatest hits 2: 18.000.000
                                                          Greatest hits 3: 2.500.000
                                                          Greatest hits 1 and Greatest hits 2: 2.000.000
                                                          Platinium collection: 4.000.000
                                                          Queen rocks: 1.000.000
                                                          Other releases: 2.000.000

Total: 127.000.000 copies

Comment

HUR,a very respectable research list indeed,Queen truely are one of the worlds biggest ever rock bands ever to walk the earth.

Cheers Cidermaster.
                                                            You can never have enough luxury lemon drizzle cake

Comment

Yes, neatly researched HUR.

Conservative figures - makes such a change from fans of different artists always inflating estimates.

So around 120m albums. If we ever did know all the sales from every country (which we sadly never will) it may be a little more - but highly unlikely anything less!

We would all come up with slightly different estimates on each album here and there, but what's the point? The end total would be much the same.

Good stuff.
                                                              See Page One of my threads for all updates

Comment

Working...
                                                              X