No announcement yet.

Queen :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantastic original takes with alternative lyrics! I Want It All and Breakthru sound like a live performance that never happened!

Comment

• Also Party and Khagoshi's ship sound much better, The Miracle - lots of different lyrics, very interesting (by the way, I always thought that Miracle's lyrics are one of the best, very wise and nice), and the ending made me smile)) Invisible man sounds a little bit strange, but funny, with additional Brian's guitars in the end. Even Was it all worth it sounds with more energy and power.
      Of course, I want it all and Breakthru are pure gems - lots of improvisation and jamming in the studio.
      Most of the alternate songs sound fresh, harder (more guitars, less synths), with live effect, playing real bass and drums, not drum machine.
      New songs... those, which are sung by Freddie, we already know, because demos were circulating in youtube, they are almost the same, but better quality now. Water and You belong to me are sung by Brian - I'm not interest in them that much, of course - nice, soft songs.
      Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• Chart Date: 11/18/2022 (WEEK ENDING: 11/17/2022)
        LW TW ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL TOTAL CHANGE ALBUMS TEA SEA
        28 37 QUEEN | GREATEST HITS 1
        HOLLYWOOD (UMG)
        14,255 -8% 2,335 329 11,592
        YTD OVERALL ACTIVITY
        RANK ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL YTD ACTIVITY ALBUMS SONGS AOD STREAMS VOD STREAMS
        33 QUEEN | GREATEST HITS 1
        HOLLYWOOD (UMG)
        742,000 118,000 195,000 789,807,000 43,770,000

Comment

• I'm really curious, if that new edition of The Miracle hits top 50 in US next week. Hope it can sneak into top 10/15 in UK.
          Second disc is truly incredible. I will always treat it as a tour rehearsal set, tbh. Freddie's raw vocals sound out of this world. Musically - way more powerful than original album (thanks to live instruments of course).
          That I Want It All intro is pure early Queen. Increadible how smooth it transitions into their late 80's rock sound. Had a big laugh when F realises he starts to sing first verse way to early

Comment

• [QUOTE=arab;n11029524]I'm really curious, if that new edition of The Miracle hits top 50 in US next week. Hope it can sneak into top 10/15 in UK.

I wonder how the UK and US charts will compile the sales for this album. It’s very expensive and so has a limited number of buyers.

Lots of great new stuff that I haven’t heard before.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rockintunesbaby View Post

I wonder how the UK and US charts will compile the sales for this album. It’s very expensive and so has a limited number of buyers.

Lots of great new stuff that I haven’t heard before.
              We can expect solid re-entry in Germany (albums chart is based on revenue). There's also 2cd deluxe edition available, so you don't have to buy the box set.
              ​​Yes, it's way too expensive and not worth its price, imho.

Comment

• Originally posted by arab View Post
                We can expect solid re-entry in Germany (albums chart is based on revenue). There's also 2cd deluxe edition available, so you don't have to buy the box set.
                ​​Yes, it's way too expensive and not worth its price, imho.
                I agree. I’d love to get a vinyl copy with all the extra songs.

Comment

Yes, it's way too expensive and not worth its price, imho.
                  Speak for yourself, my dear
                  IMHO, it's worth every pence!!!

Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• The Miracle Boxset is at No 3 in UK midweeks album sales charts in UK.

Dermot Kennedy looks set to claim his second UK Number 1 album this week with Sonder.

The sophomore major label album from the Irish singer-songwriter, Sonder has pulled far ahead of its nearest competition, taking the lead over Taylor Swift’s Midnights by 12,000 chart sales at the midweek stage.

Dermot’s 2019 debut LP Without Fear debuted at Number 1,
                    making him the first Irish solo act to do so in over 20 years.

Zooming in for a big re-entry this week are Queen with their 1989 album The Miracle (3), re-issued as an eight-disc collection containing six unreleased tracks, four featuring the late Freddie Mercury as lead vocalist. Upon its original release, The Miracle peaked at Number 1.

Face it alone re-entered UK midweeks singles chart at No 77
                    Last edited by Lawyeris; Mon November 21, 2022, 21:39.
                    Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• Wednesday Top 40 Update 23-11-2022

Source: Music Week

UK Albums

1 Dermot Kennedy - Sonder (22,579) [18,971 physicals, 1,276 downloads, 2,332 streaming] *
                      2 Taylor Swift - Midnights (13,960)
                      3 André Rieu & His Johann Strauss Orchestra - Silver Bells (7,938) *
                      4 Queen - The Miracle (7,288) ^
                      5 Bruce Springsteen - Only The Strong Survive (7,154)
                      6 Nickelback - Get Rollin' (6,340) *

Very close between Queen and Bruce, hopefully Queen should hold out for a Top5 entry. I would think almost all of Queen's sales would be physical and I can highly recommend the 2 CD version of The Miracle. The Miracle Sessions CD is just amazing and gives an insight into how The Miracle Tour may have sounded had the band been able to tour the album.

31 Years Today since we lost Freddie....still miss you Freddie!

Comment

• Fingers crossed for top 5. Even #6 would exceed my expectations, tbh
                        Yes, studio sessions proof that this album would sound incredible live... That I Want It All extended guitar intro is wow. Hope Innuendo Sessions excist as well.

Comment

• From OCC

"Rock icons Queen celebrate a spectacular re-entry this week with The Miracle (6). The group’s 1989 album, which reached Number 1 upon its original release, returns to the Top 10 for the first time in 33 years thanks to an eight-disc re-issue containing previously-unreleased recordings. The Miracle also lands at Number 2 on this week’s Official Vinyl Albums Chart."

Comment

• Chart Date: 11/25/2022 (WEEK ENDING: 11/24/2022)
                            LW TW ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL TOTAL CHANGE ALBUMS TEA SEA
                            37 42 QUEEN | GREATEST HITS 1
                            HOLLYWOOD (UMG)
                            15,311 7% 3,363 229 11,719
                            YTD OVERALL ACTIVITY
                            RANK ARTIST | TITLE | LABEL YTD ACTIVITY ALBUMS SONGS AOD STREAMS VOD STREAMS
                            32 QUEEN | GREATEST HITS 1
                            HOLLYWOOD (UMG)
                            758,000 122,000 197,000 805,506,000 44,703,000

Comment

From OCC

"Rock icons Queen celebrate a spectacular re-entry this week with The Miracle (6). The group’s 1989 album, which reached Number 1 upon its original release, returns to the Top 10 for the first time in 33 years thanks to an eight-disc re-issue containing previously-unreleased recordings. The Miracle also lands at Number 2 on this week’s Official Vinyl Albums Chart."
                              Such dissapointment...too low too low...
                              Does anybody know real sales?? I guess around 10k?
                              Does anybody know - does presales (preoders) count to the first week's sales??? Or where do they go??
                              Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

• Originally posted by Lawyeris View Post

Such dissapointment...too low too low...
                                Does anybody know real sales?? I guess around 10k?
                                Does anybody know - does presales (preoders) count to the first week's sales??? Or where do they go??
                                05 8,641 Drake & 21 Savage - Her Loss
                                06 7,834 Queen - The Miracle

Yes, pre-orders are included

Comment

• I don’t think it’s too bad. It’s very expensive. I didn’t expect it to break the top 5. Next week it will drop hard as most reissues do.

Comment

• I expected at least 15k sales. Does really nobody care about Queen in UK these days, except Greatest hits albums?? Only 7,834 hard-die fans left??
                                    Last edited by Lawyeris; Sat November 26, 2022, 17:17.
                                    Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

I expected at least 15k sales. Does really nobody care about Queen in UK these days, except Greatest hits albums?? Only 7,834 hard-die fans left??
                                      I'm a die hard Queen fan but I wouldn't buy this. Its just too much money and I think that for many people this is really expensive.

Comment

I'm a die hard Queen fan but I wouldn't buy this. Its just too much money and I think that for many people this is really expensive.
                                        Even 2 CD's set???
                                        Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

When it comes to box set - yes, it's way too expensive, imo. It costs like 20% of my monthly salary. That 2CD version is also more expensive than usuall release, but it really is worth the price. Studio sessions are incredible. It's still the same album + extras, but you can have a feeling it's also brand new album. E.g, the title song has different construction and lyrics (like 60%).

Comment

• Not bad for a 33 years old album!

The Miracle:
                                            Belgium Wal n. 13
                                            Belgium Fla. n. 21
                                            Italy n. 20
                                            Nederland n. 14
                                            Germany n. 2
                                            Japan n. 36

Comment

Even 2 CD's set???
                                              I don’t have a CD player anymore! Only a record player and streaming.

Comment

I don’t have a CD player anymore! Only a record player and streaming.
                                                So, you could stream the album, that would count for a chart
                                                Stone cold crazyyy

Comment

So, you could stream the album, that would count for a chart
                                                  Yes, I was listening to it in the car today.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X