• w/e 06/06/2010:

82 79 74 QUEEN GREATEST HITS 1,853 1,666 11 6,774,737
    181 168 150 QUEEN GREATEST HITS-WE WILL ROCK YOU 1,254 1,164 8 910,135
    Top Catalog Albums of the Soundscan era

Let there be rock!

Comment

• Korea
      shipments chart

43 Absolute Greatest (2009 Digital Remaster...
      Queen

50 The Singles Collection Vol. 3 (Limited D...
      Queen
      Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Queen Absolute Greatest UK Chart

TW / LW / TIME IN

76 / 106 / 30 Queen Absolute Greatest - Up 30 Places

Comment

• New Japanese digital certification came in today!

Mastertones/Realtones

Gold (100,000 copies)

"I Was Born To Love You" - Queen

Comment

• Poland
            monthly shipments chart: june

#26 SINGLES BOXSET VOL.3 - QUEEN
            Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Queen Absolute Greatest UK Chart

TW / LW / TIME IN

94 / 91 / 35 Queen Absolute Greatest

Queen Greatest Hits US Catalogue Chart

23 / - / 564

Anybody know why this has had such a big jump in sales? Is it the Glee effect?

Comment

• Greatest Hits, from december 2009 to now, has sold about 73000 copies in the U.S.A., while We Will Rock You edition, from december 2009 to june 2010, has sold about 29000 copies, therefore, combining both versions, from december to now, have sold more than 100000 copies. Absolute Greatest, from the beginning of 2010 to now, has sold about 90000 copies in Great Britain.

Comment

• Spain

+23
                  35 (58) 20 QUEEN - ABSOLUTE GREATEST
                  Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

• Borderwolf, it is because of the fact Spain recently won the world cup. "We Are The Champions" enters the single chart at #28.

"The Works" appears as being gold in Germany in the IFPI site. However, Roger Taylor was presented with a platinum award for that album in Germany, meaning sales of 500,000 copies. The album reached #3 and stayed 39 weeks inside the top 100. Queen were found as the most successful group of the year, in 1984, according Musikmarkt.

Comment

• Does anybody have any idea how much Universal have paid for the rights to Queen's back catalogue? Queen's contract with EMI finishes at the end of this year and the deal has already been signed and sealed. Apparently its for tens of millions of pounds....

Comment

• Greatest Hits II is the most selling album ever by foreign artist in Finland, with 143452 copies

These are the other albums figures in Finland:

Greatest Hits 55058

Made In Heaven 50668

The Miracle 43130

Innuendo 38221

A Night At The Opera 20000

Platinum Collection 15623

Source: http://www.ifpi.fi/tilastot/myydyimmat/ ... lkomaiset/

Comment

• Some updates on Absolutely Greatest european chart positions, by the way does anybody have any sales awards for AG the only one i can remember is the 2 x Platinum in the UK

TW / LW / Time In

35 31 22 - Spain
                          51 56 33 - Sweden
                          75 70 38 - UK
                          80 RE ? - Italy
                          86 RE ? - Holland
                          105 107 ? - Germany

Comment

• Just came across this sales award on ebay in recognition of 300 million worldwide sales of Queen's albums, does anybody know about this award? It certainly looks authentic and represents all of Queen's record labels from 1971 - 2010 (It does miss out Capitol though) It would be great if we could confirm this as an official award

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUEEN-Amazing-...Memorabilia_LE

Comment

• Hi, yeah thats an official plaque. I buy and sell music memorobilia for a living. A friend of mine that works at EMI told me that they had moved more than 300 million the other day as of January this year. If this was a fake plaque the price wouldnt go over about 100, just watch what price it will go for, easily over 1000 eventually, this is a price collectors piece. What a lot of people don't realise is how Queen managed to sell albums in virtually every country in the world which many other big bands didn't do.

Comment

• Originally posted by loris39
                                Greatest Hits II is the most selling album ever by foreign artist in Finland, with 143452 copies

These are the other albums figures in Finland:
                                I love Finnish people's music taste

Comment

• Originally posted by slightlymad
                                  Just came across this sales award on ebay in recognition of 300 million worldwide sales of Queen's albums, does anybody know about this award? It certainly looks authentic and represents all of Queen's record labels from 1971 - 2010 (It does miss out Capitol though) It would be great if we could confirm this as an official award

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/QUEEN-Amazing-...Memorabilia_LE
                                  I don't know if this prize is genuine or fake. Probably, it would have been more believable if it had been awarded directly to Roger, Brian or Jim Beach. Moreover, the figure "300 millions albums" is honestly exaggerated . If it was "300 million records" it would be more believable...

Comment

• I agree Loris39, I don't think there is anyway possible that Queen have sold 300m ALBUMS, even (Album) records seems highly unlikely, when you consider that their best sellers are not double, triple or box sets etc.

Even adding singles, downloads and counting double albums as 2 records etc, I find 300m still a bit high.

Comment

• Ok, this isn't official, I asked the guy who owns it and he said it was made up by someone and 3 or 4 copies have been made. 300 million is units I was told, being everything, CDs, videos, Dvds, albums, singles, cassettes and downloads.

Comment

• I agree with the above, it is probably fake and based on the claim that has been repeated in recent years. Estimations I have seen rank between 130 and 170 million albums. Even taking the highest possible totals in each format and counting double and triple albums as two or three units sold, you won't come up with anyhwere near that amount, I think. Even such claims as 173 million album sold are disputed by some contributors I know on this site, for example. But Queen are very successful regardless.

European charts archives - August 1986 to 2010

Top Artists

Total Artist
                                        1 - 46380 - Madonna
                                        2 - 42015 - Michael Jackson
                                        3 - 41900 - Celine Dion
                                        4 - 35543 - Eros Ramazzotti
                                        5 - 32750 - U2
                                        6 - 32224 - Queen
                                        7 - 30784 - Robbie Williams
                                        8 - 28273 - Bon Jovi
                                        9 - 26949 - Simply Red
                                        10 - 26670 - Andrea Bocelli

Artists with most #1 albums

17 - 4 - QUEEN

Artists with most weeks at #1

6 - 32 - QUEEN

This was provided by Nelson, a couple of months ago. They are great.

Comment

• HUR nice info, could you tell me what do the numbers mean on the list of top 10 artists in europe?

Comment

• Queen - Absolute Greatest - Gold in Denmark

Comment

• Originally posted by nucleardolphin
                                              HUR nice info, could you tell me what do the numbers mean on the list of top 10 artists in europe?
                                              The numbers are points, based on charts performance.

Here are Queen stats on the All Japan Pop 20 chart. It was a combination of sales, airplay and listeners' votes:

Peak Position(#1:weeks)/ The Date(Peak Position)/ Points / Song Title

Queen

#40/ May.5.1974/ -/ Keep Yourself Alive
                                              #12/ Sep.1.1974/ 556/ Seven Seas of Rhye
                                              #1(7 weeks)/ Apr.6.1975/ 1584/ Killer Queen
                                              #2/ Jul.13.1975/ 1534/ Now I'm Here
                                              #1(3 weeks)/ Mar.21.1976/ 1468/ Bohemian Rhapsody
                                              #2/ Jul.25.1976/ 1314/ You're My Best Friend
                                              #1(2 weeks)/ Feb.6.1977/ 1491/ Somebody to Love
                                              #3/ May.22.1977/ 1260/ Teo Torriatte (Let Us Cling Together)
                                              #4/ Sep.18.1977/ 908/ Tie Your Mother Down
                                              #2/ Jan.8.1978/ 1208/ We Are the Champions
                                              #9/ Jul.16.1978/ 754/ It's Late
                                              #2/ Dec.17.1978/ 1065/ Bicycle Race
                                              #3/ May.6.1979/ 1271/ Don't Stop Me Now
                                              #11/ Jul.29.1979/ 701/ Love of My Life(live)
                                              #28/ Dec.30.1979/ -/ We Will Rock You
                                              #2/ Feb.10.1980/ 1178/ Crazy Little Thing Called Love
                                              #6/ Jun.15.1980/ -/ Save Me
                                              #6/ Aug.24.1980/ -/ Play the Game
                                              #3/ Nov.15.1980/ -/ Another One Bites the Dust
                                              #3/ Mar.28.1981/ -/ Flash
                                              #7/ Jul.3.1982/ -/ Body Language

Queen & David Bowie

#14/ Dec.20.1981/ 627/ Under Pressure

"Killer Queen" was the top song of 1975 and "Bohemian Rhapsody" the top song of 1976.

Comment

• Wow, thats impressive stuff for Japan, I had no idea they were so popular there during the 70's. Que bien!

Comment

• good information, thanks for sharing

Comment

• Don't know if this has been posted but Queen Absolute Greatest has been in the Canadian Top 100 album chart for some weeks now - it is currently at number 87 on the national charts.....

It has just dropped outside the UK top 100 album chart at number 101 this week (down from 91)..UK shipments probably over 750,000 now?

Comment

Working...
                                                    X