Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aries
    Originally posted by nelson
    Celine didn't sell 170 million albums or something, she sold less than 100 million albums before 1999, and I think it's included the initial sales of "All The Way..". And 15 million for singles before 1999...
    According to this article published in mid-2004, Celine Dion has sold 150 million albums since 1995.

The Canadian Music Industry on the International Scene

Canada has established a solid reputation for producing music artists with worldwide commercial appeal. Over the past decade, Canada's top ten recent international success stories together have sold 359.5 million units around the world, grossing around $5.4 billion (US), based on average retail price of $15 (US) per album. Leading the way is Céline Dion, with sales of 150 million units since 1995, followed by Shania Twain (70 million), Alanis Morissette (45 million), and Avril Lavigne (20 million).
    Here’s the link:
    http://www.pch.gc.ca/pc-ch/sujets-su...dustry/4_e.cfm

By the way, according to Sony, "All The Way... A Decade Of Song" sold 11.8 million in 1999.
    So, why does she jump from less than 100 million (12/1999) to 150 million (7/2004)???
    Do you really believe "A New Day Has Come" and "One Heart" and others sold over 50 million combined???

Comment

Something wonderful has happend. I got info about French TOP100 singles since 01/01/1994. I will post them very soon. Now I can tell you that Celine single CALLING YOU was #75 in December 1994!!
      Celine Dion - Ashes from Deadpool 2 (Music Video)

Comment

Celine didn't sell 170 million albums or something, she sold less than 100 million albums before 1999, and I think it's included the initial sales of "All The Way..". And 15 million for singles before 1999...
        I think nobody exactly knows the number of albums she has sold...
        ...In the end she is Celine Dion, one of the greatest singers in the world and one of the top (male or female) artists that music history has ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by jeangrey
          Something wonderful has happend. I got info about French TOP100 singles since 01/01/1994. I will post them very soon. Now I can tell you that Celine single CALLING YOU was #75 in December 1994!!
          Do you have infos on other artists?

Comment

Here are missing positions in IFOP TOP 100 SINGLES CHART (in blue):

10/07/1993 Ziggy (#2/43w)
            30-33-29-17-20-16-11-18-11-11-7-4-6-3-3-7-2-2-2-2-2-2-3-2-6-5-5-8-15-22-23-19-20-22-30-36-50-60-57-53-76-76

29/01/1994 L'amour Existe Encore (#31/23w)
            87-47-44-66-61-53-50-46-40-36-37-39-31-37-32-38-37-53-44-65-68-72-96

11/06/1994 The Power Of Love (#3/26w)
            44-9-8-10-5-4-3-6-6-6-6-6-6-7-7-6-6-10-11-20-25-32-48-44-44-70

24/12/1994 Calling You (#75/5w)
            76-75-78-88-85

18/03/1995 Pour Que Tu M'aimes Encore (#1/34w)
            19-9-4-4-3-3-2-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-1-1-1-1-2-2-2-2-2-3-3-4-3-3-7-14-39-90

07/10/1995 Je Sais Pas (#1/23w)
            15-1-1-1-1-1-1-1-2-3-3-4-6-8-12-14-15-18-31-27-27-63-78

24/02/1996 Falling Into You (#11/17w)
            22-11-12-17-21-21-22-22-20-20-22-24-29-30-37-71-99

08/06/1996 Because You Loved Me (#19/18w)
            50-22-20-21-21-19-22-23-21-22-24-26-32-40-58-68-90-100

12/10/1996 All By Myself (#5/16w)
            11-6-5-5-5-9-9-14-17-16-28-39-53-71-79-(RE 17/01/2004)67

11/01/1997 It's All Coming Back To Me Now (#13/16w)
            14-13-21-18-19-22-23-24-27-31-49-57-68-51-71-80

05/07/1997 J'attendais (#46/10w)
            46-48-50-57-58-79-81-79-93-91

I don't have infos about other artists, sorry.

Comment

I don't have infos about other artists, sorry.
              Can you tell me the source (I know it's IFOP)? I mean where did you get those info?

Comment

Originally posted by aez
                ...In the end she is Celine Dion, one of the greatest singers in the world and one of the top (male or female) artists that music history has ever had.
                I will take Joni Mitchell over Celine.

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Question: IFOP chart dates are "du ... au ...". Is the the date of entry you use "du" or "au"?

Comment

So, why does she jump from less than 100 million (12/1999) to 150 million (7/2004)???
                    Do you really believe "A New Day Has Come" and "One Heart" and others sold over 50 million combined???
                    I understand what you say. I’m in doubt, too. But Sony is the only one who knows how much she has sold. We don't have data from every country. About albums released since 2002, she must have sold around 22 million.

According to press releases which can be found on Celine’s official website:
                    - January 2000: 110 million units (and counting).
                    - October 2000: 130 million units.
                    - January 2002: 140 million units.
                    - September 2004: 175 million units.

Comment

I understand what you say. I’m in doubt, too. But Sony is the only one who knows how much she has sold. We don't have data from every country. About albums released since 2002, she must have sold around 22 million.

Now (2006), 181 million units.
                      CELINE DION - THE WORLD'S BIGGEST SELLING ARTIST OF THE LAST 25 YEARS

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

How did she sell 20 million in 2000??
                        And anther 10 million from 2000 to 2002???
                        And 35 million from 2002 to 2004 (2 years)???
                        Which albums sold that much???

Comment

How did she sell 20 million in 2000??
                          And anther 10 million from 2000 to 2002???
                          And 35 million from 2002 to 2004 (2 years)???
                          Which albums sold that much???
                          Believe me, I wonder the same too.

Originally posted by brunosilva
                          Now (2006), 181 million units.
                          Where did you see this number? Was it published on celinedion.com? The ones I posted are official.

Comment

Official website???
                            It should be Celine's official FAN website.
                            It is ver different.
                            The fans are always guessing figures and for looing better...

Comment

Originally posted by Classicrock
                              Originally posted by aez
                              I will take Joni Mitchell over Celine.
                              Who's Joni Mitchell???

Comment

This week Celine's positions in:

BELGIUM
                                singles:
                                Tous Les Secrets out (37), 7 weeks, peak: #33
                                albums:
                                On Ne Change Pas 35 (39), 34 weeks, peak: #1

Comment

Thanks for the info!

Question: IFOP chart dates are "du ... au ...". Is the the date of entry you use "du" or "au"?
                                  It's au

Comment

QUEBEC
                                    top 10 radio:
                                    Tout Pres Du Bonheur 8 (new), 1 week, peak: #8
                                    top 5 bds:
                                    Tout Pres Du Bonheur 2 (2), 7 weeks, peak: #2

previous run: 64-19-12-?-?-2-2
                                    this song charted 19/04/2006......still there's no videoclip...

Comment

QUEBEC
                                      top 10 radio:
                                      top 5 bds:

What is bds?

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

QUEBEC
                                        top 10 radio:
                                        top 5 bds:

What is bds?
                                        Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems is the Canada's provider of airplay tracking.

Comment

QUEBEC
                                          top 10 radio:
                                          top 5 bds:

What is bds?
                                          Nielsen Broadcast Data Systems is the Canada's provider of airplay tracking.
                                          Thanks!

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

Official website???
                                            It should be Celine's official FAN website.
                                            It is ver different.
                                            The fans are always guessing figures and for looing better...
                                            Celinedion.com is NOT a fan website.

This article can be found on the news archives section (celinedion.com, official website).

Celine Makes Sales History
                                            November 26, 1997
                                            Celine made Canadian sales history today, for the first-week sales of her new album 'Let's Talk About Love.' In the seven days following the November 18 release of the album, Canadians bought an incredible 230,212 copies of the album, according to the national sales monitoring system Soundscan.
                                            "Since the introduction of the Soundscan system in Canada in 1996, the record for first-week sales had been 67,043 -- set by the Backstreet Boys in August of 1997," comments Doug Spence, director of Canadian operations for Soundscan. "Not only has Celine Dion's sales success eclipsed the existing record, it also signifies that 1 out of every 100 Canadians purchased 'Let's Talk About Love' in its first week in stores. That's a phenomenal statistic. On a personal note, it's very gratifying to me that the record for the largest first-week Soundscan in Canada has been claimed by a Canadian."
                                            After a 15-year professional career and sales of more than 50 million albums in the past five years, Celine is widely recognized as one of the best and best-loved voices in popular music today. Her previous release, March 1996's 'Falling Into You,' became the best-selling album released that year, topping the charts in Canada, and around the world.
                                            The excitement and demand for 'Let's Talk About Love' led to a million-album shipment to Canadian stores in anticipation of the November 18 release date -- another record-breaking event in Canadian music history, and one which makes 'Let's Talk About Love' Celine's fourth consecutive diamond album.
                                            "We are thrilled with the success of a great album by a great artist," Sony Music Canada president Rick Camilleri comments. "With more than 230,000 copies sold in the first week alone, Canadians have embraced Celine Dion this Christmas in unprecedented numbers."
                                            This article can be found on the news archives section (celinedion.com, official website).

Celine: Officially The Best-Selling Canadian Of The Century
                                            January 5, 2000
                                            The article below is taken from the Canadian Press newswire:
                                            Celine Dion ranked No. 1 at home and abroad in record sales
                                            TORONTO (CP) -- The Canadian Recording Industry Association has ranked Celine Dion "the best-selling Canadian recording artist of the century."
                                            The Quebec superstar has sold more records than any other Canadian artist, according to a survey of Canadian and international record sales.
                                            "At the close of 1999, Celine had sold almost nine million albums in Canada, far more than any other Canadian artist," said association president Brian Robertson. "Her worldwide sales are shooting past 110 million units and counting."
                                            Dion's new album 'All the Way . . . a Decade of Song' is currently topping charts in 12 countries, the association said.
                                            Two other Canadian artists with outstanding sales nationally and internationally in the survey were Shania Twain and Bryan Adams, the association said.
                                            This article can be found on "The Collector's Series Volume One" page (celinedion.com, official website).

The Collector's Series Volume One
                                            After recording nearly 200 songs in four different languages and selling over 130,000,000 units worldwide in the past decade, Céline Dion has given her fans a wealth of musical memories to mark the special times in their lives. 'Céline Dion...The Collector's Series Volume One' is the first in a series of collectable treasure troves assembled for her fans to add to their personal Céline Dion collections. Combining blockbuster hits with nuggets from her global releases, the Collector's Series will give fans an opportunity to experience the entire body of Céline's work in a new light.
                                            This article can be found on Sony Music Australia website. Here’s the link: http://www.sonymusic.com.au/cd/relea...eNo=5062262000

A New Day Has Come
                                            "I didn't feel the pressure to try and outdo anything", Dion says of her time recording her first new album in more than four years. I proved myself before, so now I can enjoy. I was relaxed, I just let go. It was such a pleasure. I love these songs: they touch me, I'm happy, let me sing to you my joys and emotions. I've never felt more powerful. Celine Dion, as interviewed by Billboard Magazine.
                                            Simply put, she is the most popular female artist in the world today.
                                            There is no other female artist who can boast of achievements like Celine Dion's.
                                            Over 3.3 Million records sold in Australia. 140 Million around the world. Five Grammys.Two Oscars. Countless #1 singles topping the charts in every continent in the world.
                                            This article can be found on the news archives section (celinedion.com, official website)

January 20, 2003
                                            CELINE DION SET TO RELEASE NEW STUDIO ALBUM ONE HEART
                                            Sony Music superstar Céline Dion will release her new album, ONE HEART, on March 25, 2003 in North America and March 24 worldwide. ONE HEART follows Céline Dion's 2002 release of A New Day Has Come, which to date has sold over 8 million copies worldwide. The first single from ONE HEART, "I Drove All Night" will be released to radio the week of January 20th. Dion fans will be swept away by this first single; a rendition of the Roy Orbison classic, "I Drove All Night" written by Billy Steinberg and Tom Kelly. Chrysler will launch their newly formed partnership with Celine Dion with a television campaign featuring the single, "I Drove All Night." ONE HEART will feature songs produced by Ric Wake, Anders Bagge, Kristian Lundin, Peer Astrom, Max Martin, Mark Taylor, Erick Benzi and Humberto Gatica, among others.
                                            The release of ONE HEART will coincide with the premiere of Dion's new entertainment spectacular A New Day..., a three-year, 600-show engagement at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas. Céline will perform in a custom-designed, 4000-seat theater, the Caesars Palace Coliseum, in a musical and theatrical presentation directed by Franco Dragone ("O", "Mystère").
                                            During her spectacular career Céline Dion has sold a combined total of over 150 million albums. She is a 6 time Grammy Award winner, including Album of the Year and Best Pop Album for Falling Into You (1996); and Record of the Year and Best Female Pop Vocal Performance for "My Heart Will Go On" (1998). Her recordings have won two Academy Awards: Best Original Song From A Film in 1992 for the title song of Beauty and the Beast (with Peabo Bryson), and Best Original Song From A Film in 1998 for "My Heart Will Go On" (From Titanic). She has earned five American Music Awards and 20 Juno Awards and an astonishing 39 Felix Awards (Quebec). The viewers of VH1 made Céline Dion their Artist of The Year in 1996, and voted her Best Female Artist and Diva of The Year in 1998.
                                            This article can be found on the news archives section (celinedion.com, official website)

A Prestigious Award for Céline
                                            September 13, 2004
                                            Céline will receive a special World Music Award on September 15. She will receive the Diamond Award, which honours artists who have sold over a 100 million albums during their musical career. Not many artists have achieved such sales, and Céline is one of them! She has sold over 175 million records since the beginning of her fantastic career. The awards will be broadcast from Las Vegas on ABC.

Comment

Isn’t it 48-50-44?

Comment

Isn’t it 48-50-44?
                                                IFOP sent me all the data and according to them it was 48-44-44

Comment

2004 World Music Awards: Celine Dion is the best selling female artist of all time.

Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk6ILK8JHYo&eurl=

www.celinedioncharts.com

Comment

Good work, Aries, but I really don't trust them all, since they're all contradicted themselves, maybe they don't have a good communication to each other??? This country said X million, then that country said Y million. They all said them all as they wanted...

Comment

Working...
                                                    X