Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm Alive ( Official Video ) has now reached 260 MILLION
    views on Youtube

Last edited by Celine; Sat September 18, 2021, 06:03.

Comment

• UK CHARTS:

Official Albums Streaming Chart Top 100 - (17 September 2021 - 23 September 2021)

#85 (+10) MY LOVE - ESSENTIAL COLLECTION - CELINE DION

Comment

• Hits Medley ( Taking Chances World Tour: The Concert ) has now reached 50 MILLION views on YouTube.

Last edited by Celine; Wed September 22, 2021, 02:56.

Comment

• YouTube daily views:

I'm Alive (Official Video):

2021/09/14 -141,374
          2021/09/15- 153,147
          2021/09/16- 147,641
          2021/09/17- 166,175
          2021/09/18- 180,070

It's All Coming Back To Me Now (Official Extended Remastered HD Video):

2021/09/14- 142,639
          2021/09/15 - 153,895
          2021/09/16 - 150,177
          2021/09/17 - 156,378
          2021/09/18 - 169,263

Last edited by Celine; Mon September 20, 2021, 14:17.

Comment

• Incredible (Official video) has now reached 30
            Million views on Youtube.

Last edited by Celine; Mon September 20, 2021, 14:50.

Comment

• UPDATED SALES:

My Love - Essential Collection in UK.
              1,166,876 to Thursday 16 September 2021.

The album is selling about 700/800 a week so could go 4 x Platinum early next year if sales remain at this rate.

Go 4x platinum
              Last edited by Celine; Mon September 20, 2021, 14:42.

Comment

• UK MIDWEEK:

UK Official Albums Chart Update Top 100
                (20 September 2021 - 26 September 2021)

#99 (RE) My Love - Essential Collection

Comment

• The 'My Love - Essential Collection' album is now recording around 1,200 chart sales in the UK each week and sales are now at 1,177,835. At a guess it should reach 4 x Platinum some time early next year (it is currently on course for passing 1.2m sales in mid to late January 2022!).

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                    The 'My Love - Essential Collection' album is now recording around 1,200 chart sales in the UK each week and sales are now at 1,177,835. At a guess it should reach 4 x Platinum some time early next year (it is currently on course for passing 1.2m sales in mid to late January 2022!).
                    Interesting! Great news but one question, why is Think Twice still Platinum in UK when it already surpassed 1m sales long time ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by celinebible View Post

Interesting! Great news but one question, why is Think Twice still Platinum in UK when it already surpassed 1m sales long time ago?
                      It's not yet reached 1.2m sales in the OCC's sales database to trigger a 2 x Platinum award. The sales given for 'Think Twice' back in the 90s was 1,235,033. That would be enough to earn the single 2 x Patinum. However those sales were arrived at by a method of calculating sales that has since been discarded by the OCC. The figures back then were calculated through a method which involved estimating sales by multiplying the size of the then chart panel sales (250 record stores) by a number which was best thought to represent the size of the singles market in the UK to arrive at an estimated total marekt sales figure. In 1994 and 1995 the figure (the multiplier) was 17 meaning 250 stores x 17 suggested there were 4,250 record shops in the UK. The record was estimated to have sold a total of 72,649 in the 250 strong chart panel set of shops. 72,649 x 17 = 1,253,033. It was a very simplistic way of measuring total sales. It was also highly inaccurate as it overestimated sales (the 17 multiplier figure was far too high).

From 1994 to 1996, after Millward Brown took over chart compilation duties from Gallup to compile the charts for what is now the OCC, the research company began to increase the amount of record shops that supplied sales information to them. The intention was to get enough shops that sold records to provide sales information that there was no need to estimate sales under the old method (chart panel sales x multiplier). By 1997 about 99% of all shops that sold singles were providing sales information to Millward Brown. However in 1994 it was only about 75% or so and during the period 1994 to 1997 it increased every few months.

The outcome is that the OCC sales database (which is used for certification purposes) only contains the actual sales data it received from all these stores. Remember that in February 1994 this only accounted for about 75% of all stores, increasing over time to 99% in 1997. As a result the sales data held by the OCC underestimates what singles sold in the period 1994 to 1996. According to the old method (the old chart panel x multiplier), 'Think Twice sold 307,000 copies in 1994 and 928,000 copies in 1995. However the sales in the OCC / Millward Brown database (using actual reported sales) shows the single sold about 230,000 in 1994 and 696,000 in 1995, a total of about 926,000. With digital sales added from 2004 onwards it's probably heading towards a million sales (or it may have now passed that total) but it will still be well short of 1.2m unless streaming takes it towards this total.

'Think Twice' is not the only record to have had this reduction in sales. Just about every single rom 1994 to 1996 has suffered the same fate. The OCC compiled a series of end of year charts a few months ago for a TV series on the UK TV channel, Channel 5. These were done from 1994 onwards using the sales in the database and not the old sales that were used at the time (for records from 1994 to 1996). See https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10644373 and subsequent posts for more information / further confusion!

Comment

• My Heart Will Go On ( Taking Chances World Tour: The Concert ) has now reached 25 MILLION views on YouTube.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie View Post
                          It's not yet reached 1.2m sales in the OCC's sales database to trigger a 2 x Platinum award. The sales given for 'Think Twice' back in the 90s was 1,235,033. That would be enough to earn the single 2 x Patinum. However those sales were arrived at by a method of calculating sales that has since been discarded by the OCC. The figures back then were calculated through a method which involved estimating sales by multiplying the size of the then chart panel sales (250 record stores) by a number which was best thought to represent the size of the singles market in the UK to arrive at an estimated total marekt sales figure. In 1994 and 1995 the figure (the multiplier) was 17 meaning 250 stores x 17 suggested there were 4,250 record shops in the UK. The record was estimated to have sold a total of 72,649 in the 250 strong chart panel set of shops. 72,649 x 17 = 1,253,033. It was a very simplistic way of measuring total sales. It was also highly inaccurate as it overestimated sales (the 17 multiplier figure was far too high).

From 1994 to 1996, after Millward Brown took over chart compilation duties from Gallup to compile the charts for what is now the OCC, the research company began to increase the amount of record shops that supplied sales information to them. The intention was to get enough shops that sold records to provide sales information that there was no need to estimate sales under the old method (chart panel sales x multiplier). By 1997 about 99% of all shops that sold singles were providing sales information to Millward Brown. However in 1994 it was only about 75% or so and during the period 1994 to 1997 it increased every few months.

The outcome is that the OCC sales database (which is used for certification purposes) only contains the actual sales data it received from all these stores. Remember that in February 1994 this only accounted for about 75% of all stores, increasing over time to 99% in 1997. As a result the sales data held by the OCC underestimates what singles sold in the period 1994 to 1996. According to the old method (the old chart panel x multiplier), 'Think Twice sold 307,000 copies in 1994 and 928,000 copies in 1995. However the sales in the OCC / Millward Brown database (using actual reported sales) shows the single sold about 230,000 in 1994 and 696,000 in 1995, a total of about 926,000. With digital sales added from 2004 onwards it's probably heading towards a million sales (or it may have now passed that total) but it will still be well short of 1.2m unless streaming takes it towards this total.

'Think Twice' is not the only record to have had this reduction in sales. Just about every single rom 1994 to 1996 has suffered the same fate. The OCC compiled a series of end of year charts a few months ago for a TV series on the UK TV channel, Channel 5. These were done from 1994 onwards using the sales in the database and not the old sales that were used at the time (for records from 1994 to 1996). See https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...3#post10644373 and subsequent posts for more information / further confusion!
                          Oh didn't know that. Thank you!

Comment

• The Power Of Love ( Taking Chances World Tour: The Concert ) has now reached 15 MILLION views on YouTube.

Comment

You have some albums listed twice.
                              I corrected. Is it OK now?

Comment

• UK
                                Official Download Albums Chart: (200)
                                For the week ending 25 September 2021 (17/09/2021 - 23/09/2021)
                                (tw lw 2w title artist woc)

164 187 195
                                MY LOVE - THE ESSENTIAL COLLECTION / ULTIMATE ESSENTIAL
                                COLLECTION - Celine Dion Sony (88697411432)

Comment

• All By Myself ( Taking Chances World Tour: The Concert ) has now reached 15 MILLION views on YouTube.

Comment

• According to Billboard, Céline Dion and The Fugees were responsible for Sony Music Entertainment's increase in their first fiscal-quarter revenue.

Comment

• UK CHARTS:

Official Albums Streaming Chart Top 100 - (24 September 2021 - 30 September 2021)

#89 (-4) MY LOVE - ESSENTIAL COLLECTION - CELINE DION

Comment

• Album: My Love - Ultimate Essential Collection

iTunes:
                                        #3 Singapore

Comment

• Celine's has now reached 3.0 BILLION views on YouTube.

Last edited by Celine; Wed September 29, 2021, 14:15.

Comment

• Originally posted by Celine View Post
                                            Celine's has now reached 3.0 BILLION views on YouTube.

She surpassed that months ago. She is now at 3,117,266,154

Comment

She surpassed that months ago. She is now at 3,117,266,154

I just watched her channel.

Céline Dion YouTube Statistics
                                              Total views: 3,001,930,847
                                              Current daily avg: 1,379,558

Comment

• Originally posted by Celine View Post

I just watched her channel.

Céline Dion YouTube Statistics
                                                Total views: 3,001,930,847
                                                Current daily avg: 1,379,558
                                                I just checked too and I'm correct.

Comment

• The Prayer has now reached 70
                                                  Million streams on Spotify.

Comment

• "Falling Into You" (single) is now certified Silver in the UK (200,000)
                                                    https://www.bpi.co.uk/award/2199-1392-1

Comment

Working...
                                                    X