X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Angeman
    Manager
    • 06 May 2018

Originally posted by ninetales
    ​​​​​Well I thought MHWGO would be atleast 5x to 7xP.
    But still congrats to her new certifications
    MHWGO has a lot of streams but Celine is arguably more successful in Europe. Im betting most of the streams come from there. Still 4x platinum is great for a song that only had a limited physical release. It would easily be 7x at least if they hadnt limited the single in the US

Comment

• jeangrey
      Manager
      • 26 Jan 2006

I'm happy for the new certifications, but shouldn't they be higher? According to the numbers posted on this forum, including streaming, they should be higher at least for "MHWGO". Also "The Prayer" is closing to 1 million - why wasn't it certified Gold? I believe "To Love You More", "Tell Him" and "O Holy Night" should also be Gold (and maybe few more tracks from TAST, as they stream every Christmas).

old numbers we had:
      5,231,000 - My Heart Will Go On (4,544,000 digital sales and streaming + 687,000 physical sales)
      859,000 - The Prayer (859,000 digital sales and streaming)
      Last edited by jeangrey; Sat November 5, 2022, 06:29.
      Celine Dion - Ashes from Deadpool 2 (Music Video)

Comment

• danisedion
        • 21 Feb 2022

Celine is now at 67.05 million certified units in the United States

Comment

• Wayne
          Site Owner
          • 07 Sep 2006

Originally posted by jeangrey
          I'm happy for the new certifications, but shouldn't they be higher? According to the numbers posted on this forum, including streaming, they should be higher at least for "MHWGO". Also "The Prayer" is closing to 1 million - why wasn't it certified Gold? I believe "To Love You More", "Tell Him" and "O Holy Night" should also be Gold (and maybe few more tracks from TAST, as they stream every Christmas).

old numbers we had:
          5,231,000 - My Heart Will Go On (4,544,000 digital sales and streaming + 687,000 physical sales)
          Agreed, seems peculiar doesn’t it!

Comment

• ferrero
            Manager
            • 29 Dec 2005

the streams could be coming from outside US?

Comment

• emi
              Personal Assistant
              • 17 Mar 2008

Originally posted by jeangrey

old numbers we had:
              I was also hoping that MHWGO and TAST would receive higher certifications. TAST was close to 7M before last year’s holiday season already.

Oh well, Céline has received six new certifications over the last two years…not bad considering the last one was from 2008!

One heart you are following

Comment

• Wayne
                Site Owner
                • 07 Sep 2006

Originally posted by ferrero
                the streams could be coming from outside US?
                Even that being said, the most recent confirmed numbers we had for MHWGO per jeangrey were:

Yet they've certified it 4x Platinum?

Comment

• ferrero
                  Manager
                  • 29 Dec 2005

oh i wasn't referring to MHWGO, i meant the other songs that he mentioned should be gold. The MHWGO case is weird indeed.

Comment

• thebigham
                    Legend
                    • 16 Aug 2005

Last year, only 3 certifications were done.

Same with this year. Only 3 certifications. That's all 550Music/Epic want to spend on certifications.

Comment

• CelinetoBarbra
                      Personal Assistant
                      • 03 Oct 2011

Originally posted by Angeman

MHWGO has a lot of streams but Celine is arguably more successful in Europe. Im betting most of the streams come from there. Still 4x platinum is great for a song that only had a limited physical release. It would easily be 7x at least if they hadnt limited the single in the US
                      It still doesn't make sense
                      Do you wonder how big Celine Dion is on streaming platforms? Don't search anymore, the answer is here!

Since 2007, Jezebel has been the Internet's most treasured source for everything celebrities, sex, and politics...with teeth.

8. Celine Dion, “My Heart Will Go On” (1998) (651,522,000)
                      Though dates on different times, it should be higher
                      BARBRA
                      ?Mom of Divas
                      ?2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
                      ?Best-selling ? Artist
                      ?Biggest Box office Actress
                      ?Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
                      ?1st Osc? Composer

Comment

• LostAvenger
                        Legend
                        • 09 Jan 2004

Originally posted by Wayne

Even that being said, the most recent confirmed numbers we had for MHWGO per jeangrey were:

Yet they've certified it 4x Platinum?
                        A lot of its streams come from user generated and fan uploaded videos that RIAA doesn't count in its certifications.

Comment

• thebigham
                          Legend
                          • 16 Aug 2005

The SPS number of 4,544,00 is from me. And that was from the 2nd week of January. It did 7,400 SPS that week

Comment

• ninetales
                            • 05 Apr 2019

Even Mariah's ABMB is 5xP when MHWGO has much bigger digital sales and total streams (except physical). 4xP is just too underwhelming

Comment

• Angeman
                              Manager
                              • 06 May 2018

Originally posted by CelinetoBarbra

It still doesn't make sense
                              Do you wonder how big Celine Dion is on streaming platforms? Don't search anymore, the answer is here!

Since 2007, Jezebel has been the Internet's most treasured source for everything celebrities, sex, and politics...with teeth.

8. Celine Dion, “My Heart Will Go On” (1998) (651,522,000)
                              Though dates on different times, it should be higher
                              Chartmasters isnt a 100% reliable source.

Comment

• thebigham
                                Legend
                                • 16 Aug 2005

FALLING INTO YOU 12X Multi-Platinum March 3, 2021 SOLO ALBUM None
                                LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE 11X Multi-Platinum November 3, 2022 SOLO ALBUM None
                                ALL THE WAY...A DECADE OF SONG 7X Multi-Platinum December 6, 2005 SOLO ALBUM None
                                THESE ARE SPECIAL TIMES 6X Multi-Platinum November 3, 2022 SOLO ALBUM None
                                THE COLOUR OF MY LOVE 6X Multi-Platinum November 5, 1999 SOLO ALBUM None
                                A NEW DAY HAS COME 3X Multi-Platinum January 30, 2003 SOLO ALBUM None
                                CELINE DION 2X Multi-Platinum July 3, 1996 SOLO ALBUM None
                                ONE HEART 2X Multi-Platinum April 23, 2003 SOLO ALBUM None
                                MIRACLE Platinum January 14, 2005 SOLO ALBUM None
                                UNISON Platinum June 18, 1997 SOLO ALBUM None
                                TAKING CHANCES Platinum February 28, 2008 SOLO ALBUM None
                                NEW DAY…LIVE IN LAS VEGAS Gold September 21, 2004 SOLO ALBUM None
                                THE COLLECTOR'S SERIES, VOLUME ONE Gold January 30, 2001 SOLO ALBUM None
                                Need updating:

Celine Dion, The Collection: 914,000, yet Gold (9/07)
                                Celine Dion, All The Way, 8,003,708, yet 7xp (5/13)
                                Celine Dion, My Love Essential, 543,667, not certified (2/13)

Comment

• CelinetoBarbra
                                  Personal Assistant
                                  • 03 Oct 2011

All the way is 1,100,000 in BMG Club
                                  BARBRA
                                  ?Mom of Divas
                                  ?2Osc+  10Gram+  5Em+  Tony 
                                  ?Best-selling ? Artist
                                  ?Biggest Box office Actress
                                  ?Only Artist No.1 in 7 Decades
                                  ?1st Osc? Composer

Comment

• Bella
                                    • 02 Nov 2022

Originally posted by ninetales
                                    Even Mariah's ABMB is 5xP when MHWGO has much bigger digital sales and total streams (except physical). 4xP is just too underwhelming
                                    It's audited and accurate; there's no reason for Sony and RIAA to certify "My Heart Will Go On" to a lower-than-eligible level. Those higher rumored or reported numbers probably included streams that are disallowed by RIAA certification rules. Some of Celine's music videos are not on her official artist channels on platforms like Youtube (because of film rights, presumably) and they have also uploaded "live" video versions to substitute the missing originals. Those official live versions of her songs (along with user-generated content) are not counting towards RIAA certifications for her albums nor singles. Plus, Celine's primary audience is not the United States.

Here's the top 4 Youtube markets for the top 4 RIAA female album artists of the last 4 decades:
                                    Mariah Madonna Whitney Celine
                                    USA: 365M USA: 158M USA:214M France: 150M
                                    Brazil: 123M Brazil: 107M Brazil: 99.6M USA: 126M
                                    Philippines: 109M Mexico: 84.1M Philippines: 66.4M Philippines: 87.1M
                                    UK: 55.4M France: 42.7M UK: 58.6M Brazil: 69.5M
                                    Yearly Total: 1.35B Yearly Total: 1.1B: Yearly Total: 1.04B Yearly Total: 1.33B
                                    Audience figures are for the last 12 months and certain duet songs/videos not counted toward artist's total (for example, "When You Believe" is credited solely to Whitney and excluded from Mariah's total).

Here's the cumulative official Youtube channel views for each artist (with major collaborations on other official channels included):
                                    Mariah: 8.1 billion
                                    Madonna: 5.4 billion
                                    Whitney: 5.6 billion
                                    Celine: 4.5 billion

Comment

• emi
                                      Personal Assistant
                                      • 17 Mar 2008

Originally posted by thebigham
                                      https://www.riaa.com/gold-platinum/?...search_section
                                      FALLING INTO YOU 12X Multi-Platinum March 3, 2021 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      LET'S TALK ABOUT LOVE 11X Multi-Platinum November 3, 2022 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      ALL THE WAY...A DECADE OF SONG 7X Multi-Platinum December 6, 2005 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      THESE ARE SPECIAL TIMES 6X Multi-Platinum November 3, 2022 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      THE COLOUR OF MY LOVE 6X Multi-Platinum November 5, 1999 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      A NEW DAY HAS COME 3X Multi-Platinum January 30, 2003 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      CELINE DION 2X Multi-Platinum July 3, 1996 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      ONE HEART 2X Multi-Platinum April 23, 2003 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      MIRACLE Platinum January 14, 2005 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      UNISON Platinum June 18, 1997 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      TAKING CHANCES Platinum February 28, 2008 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      NEW DAY…LIVE IN LAS VEGAS Gold September 21, 2004 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      THE COLLECTOR'S SERIES, VOLUME ONE Gold January 30, 2001 SOLO ALBUM None
                                      Need updating:

Celine Dion, The Collection: 914,000, yet Gold (9/07)
                                      Celine Dion, All The Way, 8,003,708, yet 7xp (5/13)
                                      Celine Dion, My Love Essential, 543,667, not certified (2/13)
                                      According to this article from BillBoard, «All The Way » had already sold over 8.2 million in November 2019.

If we add the 1.1 million mentionned above from BMG clubs, that brings the total sales to 9.3 million (from three years ago).

Then come the streams from « That’s The Way It Is », the other new tracks and maybe also the radio versions of TPOL, IACBTMN and TLYM.
                                      Last edited by emi; Sun November 6, 2022, 08:22.
                                      One heart you are following

Comment

• ninetales
                                        • 05 Apr 2019

Immortality with Beegees (Live in Las Vegas) has now 99.4M views on YT. Unfortunately, not under her Vevo channel

Comment

• LostAvenger
                                          Legend
                                          • 09 Jan 2004

FRANCE:

193 (RE) 20 J'IRAI OÙ TU IRAS (PK #97)

Comment

Working...