Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nelson
    Originally posted by robbyds
    i actually agree that promotion for 20YO was lacking. She even didn't visit Canada this time around. I heard that promotion in Europe was really bad. She did a UK radio tour for the release of COM but I'm not sure if she went back to promote the album when it was actually released. Japan promotion was good though but the album still sold less than Damita Jo.
    If there's no good reaction from radio, they would cancel the promotion and even tour, like in 2001, Janet already planned to tour in UK but finally cancelled it because of poor reaction even AFY peaked at #3 still not enough for her...

So she didn't visit Canada, was because no need to do so, label would have to waste money for 5 star hotels, bodyguards, TV commercial, etc...
    it just shows that Janet Jackson is all about the numbers, the sales, the revenue. Her diva contemporaries Mariah and Madonna have traveled the world, promoted, and toured on flopped albums with little interest. It shows you who has the heart for the business. I remember NEVER seeing Mariah Carey as much as I did during her whole Glitter fiasco. She didn't just start CANCELING performaces and trips because her singles literally didn't chart. Janet Jackson is such a joke. No wonder she's rushed her last few albums-- they flopped. She made enough money on Control, RN1814, janet. and the Velvet Rope to take some 3-4 year breaks in between records. Now she's poppin WORSE records out every other year.

Comment

• Originally posted by kellyfan2007
      it just shows that Janet Jackson is all about the numbers, the sales, the revenue.
      And she cares about her body... suddenly fat, suddenly thin...

Originally posted by kellyfan2007
      Her diva contemporaries Mariah and Madonna have traveled the world, promoted, and toured on flopped albums with little interest. It shows you who has the heart for the business.
      No need to do more shows, her "breast exposed with nipple" show was enough to make an impact in 2004... in the headlines than any Madonna and Mariah could have, they never had that level of "impact"...

I remember NEVER seeing Mariah Carey as much as I did during her whole Glitter fiasco. She didn't just start CANCELING performaces and trips because her singles literally didn't chart.
      For all I know, Mariah appeared the most in Emancipation era than ever, even under her flopping era, she still had some confident...

And you are wrong, she cancelled her Hong Kong show because of poor ticket sales, 3,000 out of 10,000 seats. And you think Mariah didn't care numbers too? She did!!!

Janet Jackson is such a joke. No wonder she's rushed her last few albums-- they flopped. She made enough money on Control, RN1814, janet. and the Velvet Rope to take some 3-4 year breaks in between records. Now she's poppin WORSE records out every other year.
      She didn't earn so much, just several millions each. Still not in the league of wealthy...

WHile Mariah has sold 20 million + for Music Box and Daydream. Whitney made more with 37 million for Bodyguard, and Madonna has dozen of hit albums...

So you have to degrade the existance of Jermaine Dupri??? He made #1 record of 2005 with "We Belong Together"!! :evil: :evil:

Comment

• Nelson, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about. Janet Jackson flopping her tittie on national live television has WHAT to do with her relevance?

And as i recall correctly, it was the venue in Hong Kong that cancelled Mariah Carey's appearence, NOT Mariah herself or anyone from her team. The venue claimed she wasn't selling when 73% of the venue was already sold out in pre-sale. Funny how that works.

And what does JD habe to do with anything? You are clearly unbalanced.

Comment

Nelson, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
          Speak for yourself.

Janet Jackson flopping her tittie on national live television has WHAT to do with her relevance?
          It's not about flopping, people didn't have to pay to watch the show, so it's not the meaning of flop, but the meaning of tarnishing of her 1st class singer image. But still it's the headlines on more newspaper and internet sites. It's about the AUDIENCE IMPRESSIONS.

And as i recall correctly, it was the venue in Hong Kong that cancelled Mariah Carey's appearence, NOT Mariah herself or anyone from her team. The venue claimed she wasn't selling when 73% of the venue was already sold out in pre-sale. Funny how that works.
          No, Mariah's manager said because she didn't get another half of the money, she just received the advanced half of money, that's why she didn't want to do the show.

Try to do more research!

JD was the executive producer of 20YO and also some of the tracks.

Again, do more research!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nelson
            Nelson, you obviously have no idea what you're talking about.
            Speak for yourself.

Janet Jackson flopping her tittie on national live television has WHAT to do with her relevance?
            It's not about flopping, people didn't have to pay to watch the show, so it's not the meaning of flop, but the meaning of tarnishing of her 1st class singer image. But still it's the headlines on more newspaper and internet sites. It's about the AUDIENCE IMPRESSIONS.

No, Mariah's manager said because she didn't get another half of the money, she just received the advanced half of money, that's why she didn't want to do the show.

Try to do more research!

JD was the executive producer of 20YO and also some of the tracks.

Again, do more research!!
            Research that JD produced a handful of songs on Mariah Carey's last album and did Janet Jacksons's last album? And that...has...what... to... do... with... ANYTHING? And sweetheart, again, you are SO OBVIOUSLY unbalanced and oblivious to life. It was publsihed in several newspapers AND magazines how the Hong Kong venue dropped Mariah Carey for unknown reasons. The REASONS they stated were that the tickets didn't sell WHEN she was at over 70% sold out on pre-sale. They also threw in the traditional bogus complaint that Mariah Carey demanded to be herald by angels, bathe in puppies blood, and drink the nectar of a non-existant Martian fruit. You're just another irrelevant person. Good luck with that, though.

Comment

• well I will sneak in with a post here while Nelson and Kellyfan2007 go toe to toe and thank them for their entertainment. It just seems to me the older an artist gets the harder it is for them to stay relevant. The media focus is on the so called it person of the moment and the older you get the harder it is to get back the media spotlight. Janet had her window of opportunity and took it and I am not sure if it will come again but I hope so. Her sales are disappointing for her lastest album but to me it was no surprise. MMM still never did quiet get all the fuss about the breast incident but thats an irrelavent matter.

Comment

• I am not even sure age matters as much as some people say it does. It's all about how the music connects to the audience. If Janet makes a great, accessible album, I think she has a shot at a decent comeback.

Since L.A. Reid is overseeing her next record - he also was the shepherd for Mariah's TEOM - I think she'll be fine. However, if I were her, I'd work on getting back some of my European audience.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManTooth
                  I am not even sure age matters as much as some people say it does. It's all about how the music connects to the audience. If Janet makes a great, accessible album, I think she has a shot at a decent comeback.

Since L.A. Reid is overseeing her next record - he also was the shepherd for Mariah's TEOM - I think she'll be fine. However, if I were her, I'd work on getting back some of my European audience.
                  exactly. Mariah Carey's record, according to her, was finished by October 2004 but LA Reid felt it wasn't, demanded she scrap some of the tracks and work with JD... which led to the FIRST four singles from that album. I think The Emancipation of Mimi would have CLEARLY been another 'Charmbracelet' for Mariah Carey if JD hadn't entered the situation. The album she already had is still filled with great songs, it just lacked those predictable [Mariah Carey] hits.

Here's what the tracklisting looked like in October 2004:

1. "Say Somethin'"
                  2. "Mine Again"
                  3. "Tonight" (To the Floor)
                  4. "Stay the Night"
                  5. "When I Feel It"
                  6. "Your Girl"
                  7. "One and Only"
                  8. "Sprung"
                  8. "Circles"
                  10. "I Wish You Knew"
                  11. "Joyride"
                  12. "Fly Like a Bird"
                  13. "Secret Love"

i believe the singles they had planned were "Say Somethin'" "Mine Again," "Tonight," and "Stay the Night"

What a different era it woulda been for Mariah Carey.

Comment

Originally posted by ManTooth
                    I am not even sure age matters as much as some people say it does. It's all about how the music connects to the audience. If Janet makes a great, accessible album, I think she has a shot at a decent comeback.

exactly. Mariah Carey's record, according to her, was finished by October 2004 but LA Reid felt it wasn't, demanded she scrap some of the tracks and work with JD... which led to the FIRST four singles from that album. I think The Emancipation of Mimi would have CLEARLY been another 'Charmbracelet' for Mariah Carey if JD hadn't entered the situation. The album she already had is still filled with great songs, it just lacked those predictable [Mariah Carey] hits.

1. "Say Somethin'"
                    2. "Mine Again"
                    4. "Stay the Night"
                    5. "When I Feel It"
                    6. "Your Girl"
                    7. "One and Only"
                    8. "Sprung"
                    8. "Circles"
                    10. "I Wish You Knew"
                    11. "Joyride"
                    12. "Fly Like a Bird"
                    13. "Secret Love"

i believe the singles they had planned were "Say Somethin'" "Mine Again," "Tonight," and "Stay the Night"

We'll see if she can keep up with another success after TEOM.

I'm also curious...after all if this album doesn't sell well in the USA, she'll have a huge flop in her hands, since she doesn't sell very well elsewhere
                    "Your actions speak louder than promises/You're inclined to make and inclined to break"

Comment

• Originally posted by TiagoRodrigues

1. "Say Somethin'"
                      2. "Mine Again"
                      4. "Stay the Night"
                      5. "When I Feel It"
                      6. "Your Girl"
                      7. "One and Only"
                      8. "Sprung"
                      8. "Circles"
                      10. "I Wish You Knew"
                      11. "Joyride"
                      12. "Fly Like a Bird"
                      13. "Secret Love"

We'll see if she can keep up with another success after TEOM.

I'm also curious...after all if this album doesn't sell well in the USA, she'll have a huge flop in her hands, since she doesn't sell very well elsewhere
                      TEOM sold 3m copies+ outside the US which I think is quite good.,
                      My Chart

Comment

• Originally posted by ManTooth

well said. she has to spend time promoting in Europe. I think her European fans are just waiting for something to sink their teeth onto. They are less influenced by the backlash janet is experiencing in the US.

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyds

well said. she has to spend time promoting in Europe. I think her European fans are just waiting for something to sink their teeth onto. They are less influenced by the backlash janet is experiencing in the US.
                          Well I hope you guys are right would be nice to see Janet back in the limelight for the right reasons.

Comment

• I thought the reason Janet cancelled her UK tour gigs in September 2001 was because of security reasons relating to September 11th :/ and nothing to do with how All For You performed cuz it was a world tour and she'd loads of dates pencilled in. Maybe I'm wrong.

Comment

Research that JD produced a handful of songs on Mariah Carey's last album and did Janet Jacksons's last album? And that...has...what... to... do... with... ANYTHING? And sweetheart, again, you are SO OBVIOUSLY unbalanced and oblivious to life. It was publsihed in several newspapers AND magazines how the Hong Kong venue dropped Mariah Carey for unknown reasons. The REASONS they stated were that the tickets didn't sell WHEN she was at over 70% sold out on pre-sale. They also threw in the traditional bogus complaint that Mariah Carey demanded to be herald by angels, bathe in puppies blood, and drink the nectar of a non-existant Martian fruit. You're just another irrelevant person. Good luck with that, though.
                              Definitely you were wrong with everything. You are just a blind fan, while I am a geniue fan.
                              And I don't understand your point. What do you mean there's no relationship between JD and anything?
                              Try to read the posters they said JD was relevant in every case. lol
                              And you just couldn't accept the fact, while you just stood on Mariah's point of view, while I stand on the promoter's point of view.

Comment

• There is currently no new news for this album and all I see right now in this thread is fighting, so this thread is closed. Feel free to make a new Janet thread for the new album, when the time is appropriate (i.e. when a new single comes out).

Comment

Working...
                                X