Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CZ charts for this week
    --------------------------
    "Call Me When You're Sober" up to No.14(25)
    chart runs: 93-37-32-39-40-29-25-14

Comment

Originally posted by joao
      Originally posted by TheRock1984
      The Open Door has sold 32,000 copies in UK in monday alone! That´s amazing, specially because UK has never been one of their main markets, so this album might even sell 100,000 or more in the first week!
      Uk has never been one of their main markets?

you gotta be kidding me right?

UK[1,147,519] Fallen
      Lol, if you consider this album sold 14 million worldwide and UK is one of the Top 3 markets in the world, their sales there have been disproportional. Even without the UK they would have a 12-13 million selling album, so it´s not like UK is THAT important for them.
      UK IS one of their main markets

Going off what you're saying you could say that about any country bar the USA

How many countried did Fallen sell 1,000,000+ in?

I say 3 - 4 TOPS

So it is

Comment

Originally posted by blade699
        The Open Door has sold 32,000 copies in UK in monday alone! That´s amazing, specially because UK has never been one of their main markets, so this album might even sell 100,000 or more in the first week!

UK[1,147,519] Fallen
        Lol, if you consider this album sold 14 million worldwide and UK is one of the Top 3 markets in the world, their sales there have been disproportional. Even without the UK they would have a 12-13 million selling album, so it´s not like UK is THAT important for them.

I say 3 - 4 TOPS

So it is
        I say proportionally... In Uk it´s not that hard to sell 1 million, we often see albums crossing the 2m mark and sometimes even the 3m mark. Now take it artists like Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake who have sold around 1.7 or 1.8 million with their last albums in UK, and you notice that STILL they are behind Fallen in total european sales. Even if Evanescence had not even released their album in UK, they would still have a 2x platinum certification, while most of the other american mainstream acts have to count heavily on UK sales to make their certifications.

Comment

UK[1,147,519] Fallen

I say 3 - 4 TOPS

So it is
          I say proportionally... In Uk it´s not that hard to sell 1 million, we often see albums crossing the 2m mark and sometimes even the 3m mark. Now take it artists like Christina Aguilera and Justin Timberlake who have sold around 1.7 or 1.8 million with their last albums in UK, and you notice that STILL they are behind Fallen in total european sales. Even if Evanescence had not even released their album in UK, they would still have a 2x platinum certification, while most of the other american mainstream acts have to count heavily on UK sales to make their certifications.
          Yeah you said that before

But when you say it's not like the UK is THAT important for them is just a joke

It's almost certainly it's best figures for a European country - THAT'S how the UK matters

So it is actually the MOST important European country, just cos it's sales were a fraction of those altogether doesn't mean it's less important that any other country - expecially when 90% of those country's can't match UK sales

That's all

Comment

it's a joke because Joao is a joke actually and the biggest one on this forum, Basil is close to him...
            Whiskey River take my mind,
            Don't let her mem'ry torture me.
            Whiskey River don't run dry,
            You're all I've got, take care of me.

Comment

it's a joke because Joao is a joke actually and the biggest one on this forum, Basil is close to him...
              Bonjour

Comment

Basil is close to him...
                What!? Basil is one of the best posters on this board, he's one of the few people here who are strictly about the charts. I wish there were more people here like him and less people who come here to fight and talk crap about about artists.

Comment

EVANESCENCE OPENS UP
                  CHART DOOR

Wind-up’s #1 Debut Could Hit 400k, The Killers, George Strait, Beck, Monica and Jet Also Headed for Bows

October 4, 2006

There’s nothing evanescent about Evanescence.
                  Amy Lee’s reconstituted goth band is targeted for the #1 spot on next week’s chart with Wind-up’s The Open Door headed for anywhere between 375-400k, based on first-day sales figures from all retailers still taking our calls. That’ll be good enough to top Island Vegas rockers The Killers’ Sam’s Town, which appears bound for a #2 debut, with upwards of 320k.

MCA Nashville’s George Strait is right behind those two with an estimated 260-280k for his latest, It Just Comes Natural. He can say that again. Interscope’s Beck comes with The Information, which looks headed for 100k, as does J diva Monica’s The Makings of Me.

Elektra’s Jet (50-60k), RCA Nashville’s Chris Young (40-50k) and Verity gospel great Fred Hammond (30-35k) are also assured of Top 50 debuts. Also on tap: Concord's Ray Charles/Count Basie posthumous collaboration (30k), Virgin's Sleepy Brown (25k) and Interscope blue-eyed soul man Robin Thicke (15-20k).

Next week, J Records' Rod Stewart, Sony BMG Nashville's Jimmy Buffett, G Unit/ Interscope's Lloyd Banks, Rowdy/Universal Motown's Sammie, a Christmas album from SBMG Nashville's Brad Paisley and a Deutsche Grammophon album featuring Sting with strings hit retail shelves.

Overall, the market was up 3% vs. last week, down 4% vs. same week last year and now down a little over 5% to date.

Comment

Originally posted by seattleboy
                    Basil is close to him...
                    What!? Basil is one of the best posters on this board, he's one of the few people here who are strictly about the charts. I wish there were more people here like him and less people who come here to fight and talk crap about about artists.
                    Holy*beep* What Did I say Basil?! I was thinking about N*****

Comment

When you don´t have arguments you need to go trough personal insult. All I say is the performance of Evanescence in UK won´t make that much difference to their worldwide total, because they are huge practically everywhere, unlike other USA artists who fail in other markets, not matter how much the yankess try to force the rest of the world this inferior garbage, just like they do with McDonalds food.

Comment

French Chart

CMWYS #20(new)

Comment

#36 for the album in Brasil.

Comment

Originally posted by Popspops
                            EVANESCENCE OPENS UP
                            CHART DOOR

Wind-up’s #1 Debut Could Hit 400k, The Killers, George Strait, Beck, Monica and Jet Also Headed for Bows

October 4, 2006

There’s nothing evanescent about Evanescence.
                            Amy Lee’s reconstituted goth band is targeted for the #1 spot on next week’s chart with Wind-up’s The Open Door headed for anywhere between 375-400k, based on first-day sales figures from all retailers still taking our calls. That’ll be good enough to top Island Vegas rockers The Killers’ Sam’s Town, which appears bound for a #2 debut, with upwards of 320k.

MCA Nashville’s George Strait is right behind those two with an estimated 260-280k for his latest, It Just Comes Natural. He can say that again. Interscope’s Beck comes with The Information, which looks headed for 100k, as does J diva Monica’s The Makings of Me.

Elektra’s Jet (50-60k), RCA Nashville’s Chris Young (40-50k) and Verity gospel great Fred Hammond (30-35k) are also assured of Top 50 debuts. Also on tap: Concord's Ray Charles/Count Basie posthumous collaboration (30k), Virgin's Sleepy Brown (25k) and Interscope blue-eyed soul man Robin Thicke (15-20k).

Next week, J Records' Rod Stewart, Sony BMG Nashville's Jimmy Buffett, G Unit/ Interscope's Lloyd Banks, Rowdy/Universal Motown's Sammie, a Christmas album from SBMG Nashville's Brad Paisley and a Deutsche Grammophon album featuring Sting with strings hit retail shelves.

Overall, the market was up 3% vs. last week, down 4% vs. same week last year and now down a little over 5% to date.
                            I was thinking about at least 500k...

Comment

When you don´t have arguments you need to go trough personal insult. All I say is the performance of Evanescence in UK won´t make that much difference to their worldwide total, because they are huge practically everywhere, unlike other USA artists who fail in other markets, not matter how much the yankess try to force the rest of the world this inferior garbage, just like they do with McDonalds food.
                              All you say is that Evanescense performance in the UK isn't that important when we know they sell more in the UK than 90% of other countries

So going by what you're saying you'd have to say that about the other 90% of the countries, as their sales can't match UK's

Which is just stupid = You make NO sense

Comment

All you say is that Evanescense performance in the UK isn't that important when we know they sell more in the UK than 90% of other countries

So going by what you're saying you'd have to say that about the other 90% of the countries, as their sales can't match UK's

All I am sayng is that UK contibuted to 8% of the total sales of Evanescence´s last album, while for artists like Christina and Justin, it was between 20-25% of their total WW sales, IS IT CLEAR ENOUGH???

Comment

All I am sayng is that UK contibuted to 8% of the total sales of Evanescence´s last album, while for artists like Christina and Justin, it was between 20-25% of their total WW sales, IS IT CLEAR ENOUGH???
                                  So give a breakdown of all countries sales of Fallen and we will see if the UK is not one of their most important market

Comment

So give a breakdown of all countries sales of Fallen and we will see if the UK is not one of their most important market
                                    Of course they sold more in the UK then in other markets because UK is a very large market, and 1 million copies sold there is nothing exceptional, while in other countries it has to be a classic album to reach the million mark, which is something that someone not dickheaded would easily understand and not go on in post and more post of useless arguments, and still at the end of the day, last album from Evanescence had just 8% of its sales inside the united kingdom, which shows it would have been a blockbuster with or without the UK...

Comment

The Open Door sold 64,000 copies in the UK until yesterday. With friday and saturday sales they should pass 100,000. Even tough they were not heavily promoted like some others, they seem to be doing better then a lot of their USA chart rivals, but STILL, their sales will be just a fraction of the abismal sucess that is the Killers new album - 200,000 copies sold until yesterday!

Comment

Of course they sold more in the UK then in other markets because UK is a very large market, and 1 million copies sold there is nothing exceptional, while in other countries it has to be a classic album to reach the million mark, which is something that someone not dickheaded would easily understand and not go on in post and more post of useless arguments, and still at the end of the day, last album from Evanescence had just 8% of its sales inside the united kingdom, which shows it would have been a blockbuster with or without the UK...
                                        I think you're the one dickheaded with your 8% bull sh*t The UK has been the second best selling country for Fallen behind the states and even if 1 million is not that huge for the UK it was their 2 second main market. So if it's just 8% or whatever that just explain how much the worldwide success of Fallen was, yes this album was much more succesfull in Canada because it went 6 times platinum like in the states but whatever, with more than 1 million copies sold in the UK it was STILL their SECOND main market!! We are talkin about SALES here not about proportion of success

Comment

"The Open Door" debuted at No.2 in the UK!
                                          Does anyone know how many copies it has sold?

Comment

Originally posted by tada
                                            According to the Music Week report 94.409 copies

Comment

Originally posted by PopBoy
                                              Originally posted by tada
                                              According to the Music Week report 94.409 copies
                                              It's almost similar like Justin's opening week

Comment

Australia

The Open Door #1(New)
                                                Call Me When You’re Sober #5(=)

Comment

Ireland

The Open Door #3(New)
                                                  Call Me When You’re Sober #16(-3)

Comment

Italy

The Open Door #2(New)
                                                    Call Me When You’re Sober #4(-1)

Comment

Working...
                                                    X