Gwen Stefani :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MrRager
    The Sweet Escape was a Total smash in the UK!
    it peaked at #2 in the US, UK and Australia also Canada, though she actually got to #1 there, but they just changed their official chart

Comment

• I wonder if she and No Doubt sold a lot physical singles, I know that Hollaback Girl is around 2,5m digital sales but i wonder if it has physical sales just like her other singles.

Sad we don't know much about physical sales
      You got me feeling hella good, so let's just keep on dancin...

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatBieberSide
        Originally posted by MrRager
        The Sweet Escape was a Total smash in the UK!
        And still didn't reach Gold Says it all about the market at that time
        The amount of number one singles that barely reached Silver was just too darn high

Comment

• I tweeted:

@gwenstefani Your album "Love.Angel.Music.Baby" has sold 3.9 million copies in USA. Ask @Interscope to certify it 4 times #Platinum w/ #RIAA

Interscope still has "Hollaback Girl" at Platinum.

Comment

• WW Sales:

L.A.M.B: 8 million
            The Sweet Escape: 4 million

She has sold 12 million albums worldwide as solo artists and close to 28M for No Doubt. Almost 40 million albums sold combined.

Btw:

iTunes US:
            321. Love, Angel, Music, Baby

Comment

• Originally posted by HellaGood
              WW Sales:

She has sold 12 million albums worldwide as solo artists and close to 28M for No Doubt. Almost 40 million albums sold combined.

Btw:

iTunes US:

Nice sales. I am surprised that LAMB is charting!

Comment

• Originally posted by HellaGood
                WW Sales:

Btw:

iTunes US:
                LAMB is such a gem. The 2nd album was great too, but the debut has somewhat special.
                Anyway, 12M is great, considering both albums only had one huge hit each (What You Waiting For? was big in Europe/World but not in the US, and Hollaback Girl was huge in the US, but not as big in Europe, whereas The Sweet Escape was huge everywhere).

So far she has two 3M selling singles, and both Wind Up and Rich Girl are above the million, am I wrong? Nice stats.
                Find me here:

https://www.last.fm/user/jordi_89
                http://jordivanderwaal.tumblr.com
                https://instagram.com/jordivanderwaal

Comment

• Originally posted by jordi_89
                  LAMB is such a gem. The 2nd album was great too, but the debut has somewhat special.
                  Anyway, 12M is great, considering both albums only had one huge hit each (What You Waiting For? was big in Europe/World but not in the US, and Hollaback Girl was huge in the US, but not as big in Europe, whereas The Sweet Escape was huge everywhere).

So far she has two 3M selling singles, and both Wind Up and Rich Girl are above the million, am I wrong? Nice stats.
                  This is my estimations for her solo singles (:

Solo:

What You Waiting For?: 1,000,000 (225,000 US digital as of March 2006, 200,000+ UK)
                  Rich Girl: 1,500,000 (682,000 US digital as of March 2006, 100,000+ UK)
                  Hollaback Girl: 4,000,000 (2,600,000 US digital sales only est 2015, 200,000+ UK)
                  Cool: 600,000 (224,000 US digital as of March 2006, 50,000+ UK) *
                  Luxurious: 250,000 (144,000 US digital as of March 2006, 5,000+ UK)
                  Wind It Up: 1,300,000 (800,000 US digital January 2008 est. 83,000+ UK)
                  The Sweet Escape: 5,000,000 (3,200,000 US digital 2015 est. 315,000+UK)
                  4 In The Morning: 700,000 (300,000 US digital January 2008 est. 28,000+ UK) *
                  Now That You Got It: 80,000 (50,000 US digital January 2008 est. 5,000+ UK)
                  Early Winter: 100,000
                  Baby Don't Lie: 350,000 (250,000 US digital 2015 est. 60,000+ Canada)
                  Spark The Flop: 50,000

* Those songs could be underestimated

As a featured artist:

Let Me Blow Ya Mind (Eve song): 2,000,000
                  My Heart Is Open (Maroon 5 song): 150,000
                  Kings Never Die (Eminem soundtrack song): 160,000+

I have no idea how much 'Can I Have It Like That' (Pharrel song) and 'South Side' (Moby song) sold.

Comment

• The Sweet Escape sales: 1,733,000

http://hitsdailydouble.com/new_album_releases

Comment

• So,
                      4,000,000 LAMB
                      1,733,000 TSE

I would love to see update on digital sales, they are really outdated

Comment

• Gwen Stefani's Official Top 20 biggest selling singles revealed

As if the fact that Gwen Stefani has been knocking out hits either by herself or with her No Doubt bandmates for the last 20 years wasn't incredible enough, she's never once lost her crown as the most effortlessly cool popstar in the world.

With her long, long (long)-awaited third solo album This Is What The Truth Feels Like out this week, we thought it was about time to look back over her catalogue and reveal her biggest selling singles - whether they be her own or as part of No Doubt.

Her biggest seller won't surprise some of you: it's No Doubt's global smash Don't Speak. The song was the band's first ever hit in the UK, going straight in at Number 1 in February 1997, knocking U2's Discotheque off the top spot.

It remained at the summit for three weeks, holding off challenges from '90s stars like Sash! and Kula Shaker, before the pop juggernaut that was the Spice Girls came along with Who Do You Think You Are/Mama and deposed them.

As revealed by Official Charts in November last year, Don't Speak recently achieved the rare feat of hitting one million sales in the UK. It's current sales (not including streams) stands at 1.007 million.

Taking second place on Gwen's Top 20 best sellers is the title track of her second album, The Sweet Escape (358,000 sales). The Akon collaboration is her highest peaking solo single in the UK, reaching Number 2 on the Official Singles Chart in March 2007.

The story goes that Gwen was initially reluctant to work with Akon and had to be convinced by the CEO of her record label Interscope Jimmy Lovine. However, once the finally pair met, they apparently took just ten minutes to write the track.

Completing the Top 3 is Gwen's collaboration with Eve from 2001, Let Me Blow Ya Mind (306,000 sales). The song was one of her first solo ventures away from No Doubt (she collaborated with Moby on South Side the previous year), and proved their was a big appetite for solo Gwen. Eve later returned the favour on 2005's Rich Girl, which finishes seventh on the tally.

Other notable entries include Gwen's first headline solo single What You Waiting For, which sits at Number 4 (254,000), and No Doubt's debut single Just A Girl at 5 (222,000). The song originally landed at Number 38 in the UK but peaked at Number 3 the following year when it was re-released off the back of Don't Speak's success.

Gwen Stefani's Official Top 20 biggest selling singles are...

POS TITLE ARTIST YEAR CHART PEAK
                        1 DON'T SPEAK NO DOUBT 1997 1 1,007,000
                        2 THE SWEET ESCAPE GWEN STEFANI FT AKON 2007 2 358,000
                        3 LET ME BLOW YA MIND EVE FT GWEN STEFANI 2001 4 306,000
                        4 WHAT YOU WAITING FOR GWEN STEFANI 2004 4 254,000
                        5 JUST A GIRL NO DOUBT 1996 3 222,000
                        6 HOLLABACK GIRL GWEN STEFANI 2005 8
                        7 RICH GIRL GWEN STEFANI FT EVE 2005 4
                        8 HEY BABY NO DOUBT 2002 2
                        9 COOL GWEN STEFANI 2005 11
                        10 CAN I HAVE IT LIKE THAT PHARRELL FT GWEN STEFANI 2005 3
                        11 WIND IT UP GWEN STEFANI 2006 3
                        12 IT'S MY LIFE NO DOUBT 2003 17
                        13 HELLA GOOD NO DOUBT 2002 12
                        14 SPIDERWEBS NO DOUBT 1997 16
                        15 4 IN THE MORNING GWEN STEFANI 2007 22
                        16 UNDERNEATH IT ALL NO DOUBT 2002 18
                        17 EX-GIRLFRIEND NO DOUBT 2000 23
                        18 KINGS NEVER DIE EMINEM FT GWEN STEFANI 2015 82
                        19 LUXURIOUS GWEN STEFANI 2005 44
                        20 NEW NO DOUBT 1999 30
                        *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• Don't Speak!
                          #Pray4AL6

Comment

• The Sweet Escape was the 13th best selling single of 2007 with "only" 358k sold to date? Wow, single sales were so low during her peak. Great sales. Nice to see Don't Speak at 1 million!.

Comment

• Originally posted by Instinct
                              The Sweet Escape was the 13th best selling single of 2007 with "only" 358k sold to date? Wow, single sales were so low during her peak. Great sales. Nice to see Don't Speak at 1 million!.
                              I guess it was during the physical singles-digital singles transition. Many people did not have iTunes yet and they were already tired of buying physical singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lament
                                Originally posted by Instinct
                                The Sweet Escape was the 13th best selling single of 2007 with "only" 358k sold to date? Wow, single sales were so low during her peak. Great sales. Nice to see Don't Speak at 1 million!.
                                I guess it was during the physical singles-digital singles transition. Many people did not have iTunes yet and they were already tired of buying physical singles.
                                Yeah she belongs to the unfortunate group of artists whose peak was during 2004-2007 when sales were awful
                                *CLICK* - FREE AMAZON/ITUNES VOUCHERS - *CLICK*

Comment

• http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... eakingnews
                                  Gwen Stefani debuts at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 albums chart with This Is What the Truth Feels Like, earning her first chart-topper as a solo artist. The album, her third release, earned 84,000 equivalent album units in the week ending March 24, according to Nielsen Music. Of that sum it sold 76,000 in pure album sales.
                                  Whitney Houston

Comment

• Wow an actual #1 where most of its points are from actual sales
                                    B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha
                                      Wow an actual #1 where most of its points are from actual sales
                                      Yes, I had to read it twice because I thought I had misread something. Good for Gwen.
                                      Whitney Houston

Comment

• Hollaback Girl

iTunes:
                                        #120 United States
                                        #186 Canada

Comment

• US

#184 Hollaback Girl
                                          #337 Rich Girl
                                          #430 The Sweet Escape (feat. Akon)

#158 The Singles 1992-2003
                                          #205 Love, Angel, Music, Baby
                                          #471 Tragic Kingdom
                                          #752 The Sweet Escape

UK

#130 Hollaback Girl
                                          #185 Rich Girl
                                          #186 Don't Speak
                                          #234 The Sweet Escape
                                          #291 What You Waiting For?
                                          #386 The Sweet Escape
                                          #607 Cool
                                          #777 It's My Life
                                          #1325 Just a Girl

#72 Love Angel Music Baby
                                          #123 The Singles 1992-2003 (UK Version)
                                          #926 The Sweet Escape

Comment

• Pop Crave ?@PopCrave 12m12 minutes ago
                                            Gwen Stefani's 'Hollaback Girl' video has reached 100M views on VEVO. This is her first video to do so. Congrats!
                                            Whitney Houston

Comment

• On the BPI website:
                                              GWEN STEFANI FT AKON - THE SWEET ESCAPE
                                              Gold Certification (Single) 05 August 2016
                                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (INTERSCOPE)
                                              Released
                                              The last update we got in March had this at 358,000 so that would mean another 42,000 sold since then, that can't be right?!

Comment

• The last update didn't include streams, but the certification does.

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger
                                                  The last update didn't include streams, but the certification does.
                                                  Oh right, thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral
                                                    On the BPI website:
                                                    GWEN STEFANI FT AKON - THE SWEET ESCAPE
                                                    Gold Certification (Single) 05 August 2016
                                                    UNIVERSAL MUSIC (INTERSCOPE)
                                                    Released
                                                    The last update we got in March had this at 358,000 so that would mean another 42,000 sold since then, that can't be right?!
                                                    Her first Gold solo single

Comment

• BPI:
                                                      GWEN STEFANI FT EVE - RICH GIRL
                                                      Silver Certification (Single) 17 February 2017
                                                      UNIVERSAL MUSIC (POLYDOR)

Comment

• Gwen is releasing a Christmas album this year!

This is the songs likely to be in the album:

Jingle Bells
                                                        Last Christmas
                                                        You Make It Feel Like Christmas (with Blake Shelton)
                                                        Let It Snow
                                                        Never Kissed Anyone With Blue Eyes Before You
                                                        My Gift Is You
                                                        Santa Baby
                                                        Silent Night
                                                        Under The Christmas Lights
                                                        When I Was A Little Girl
                                                        White Christmas
                                                        Christmas Tree

Comment

December 18
                                                          US pure album sales: #9 @gwenstefani, You Make It Feel Like Christmas 23,732 (94,082 total).

Comment

• Gwen announced her Vegas Residency. She has 25 shows lined up at Planet Hollywood! Starts in June and goes til next year.

I don't expect huge numbers but i'm ready to be surprised. Hopefully she will release a new record!

Comment

• @ChartData
                                                              German certifications (@BVMI_music): @gwenstefani, Hollaback Girl Gold (150,000).
                                                              Whitney Houston

Comment

Working...
                                                              X