Black Sabbath :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by abdon
    Great thank U !! so another certification will land anytime soon for Sabbath!
    Quite a comeback album for em eh? Lol

Comment

• 8/17 BB200:

45 BLACK SABBATH 13 7,869 -8% 8,541 283,467

Comment

• According to Wikipedia, 13 is Gold in Austria, Canada, Germany, and Poland

Comment

Any chance to hit gold staturs in UK??

in US sales should be 300 K by now !! letīs see if the tour can keep sales stable for a while
          The label they're in could ask for a gold audit to the RIAA after the album reaches past 380K in the U.S. if there's enough shipments (500,000) to certify it.
          "Crime is increasing
          Trigger happy policing..."
          -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan125
            Originally posted by abdon

in US sales should be 300 K by now !! letīs see if the tour can keep sales stable for a while
            The label they're in could ask for a gold audit to the RIAA after the album reaches past 380K in the U.S. if there's enough shipments (500,000) to certify it.
            Wait they can apply for a Gold Certification even if theyre like 100,000 off?!?!

Comment

• ^ Certifications are for shipments to stores, not hard sales to customers! If about 400,000 copies have been sold to customers, it might be possible for an additional 100k copies to have been shipped to stores, meaning it has reached the threshold for 500k shipped to stores for Gold.

Though that mostly happens for hot bands still selling tons by the weekend... I don't think they'd ship an additional 100k copies if the album were just selling 3k a week or something.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rattlehead93
                Originally posted by BadMan125

Wait they can apply for a Gold Certification even if theyre like 100,000 off?!?!
                Based off shipments, not actual sales. That's how it works in the states. That's why the RIAA is there. It's there to certify an album based off shipments. It was never about sales to begin with. I've seen albums certified gold that only sold 380,000+ when it was certified and other albums go platinum when sales were just around 700,000.
                "Crime is increasing
                Trigger happy policing..."
                -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan125
                  Originally posted by Rattlehead93
                  Originally posted by BadMan125

Based off shipments, not actual sales. That's how it works in the states. That's why the RIAA is there. It's there to certify an album based off shipments. It was never about sales to begin with. I've seen albums certified gold that only sold 380,000+ when it was certified and other albums go platinum when sales were just around 700,000.
                  That's insane! Btw there's this band called Testament that sold 450,000 copies in the US of their album Practice What You Preach as of 1992, can anybody explain why they haven't received a Gold Certification yet? 21 years later?

Comment

• Maybe because metal bands do not need certifications to prove their audience who they are !! they are known for their heavy riffs and live performances, and 1992 was a grunge year and Thrash metal was done for some music experts and MTV xD 2000 was the Thrash ressurrection. Therefore if their label didnīt do it back in the day I donīt think it will eventually happen someday
                    But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
                    and don't forget the joker

Comment

• an extra 100 K?? I donīt think so if they release another album and this era ends up with almost 400 K maybe they will add 50 K more as shipments !! anyways itīs doing amazing !! many other bands and metal bands were not near a 150 - 200 k range with their releases

Comment

• Originally posted by Rattlehead93

That's insane! Btw there's this band called Testament that sold 450,000 copies in the US of their album Practice What You Preach as of 1992, can anybody explain why they haven't received a Gold Certification yet? 21 years later?[/quote]

It's not insane, it makes a lot of sense. Precise sales to customers are much harder to keep track of than shipments to stores, which the labels can directly control. Sure, these days Nielsen Soundscan covers MOST of the market, but shipments to stores are still the easiest shipment to base certifications on.

The record company itself has to apply for a certification to the RIAA, it doesn't happen automatically (although in the UK the BPI is now implementing this system, the US might follow). So if that album is not yet certified, it means the company isn't bothered enough to get it certified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nackar
                          Originally posted by Rattlehead93

That's insane! Btw there's this band called Testament that sold 450,000 copies in the US of their album Practice What You Preach as of 1992, can anybody explain why they haven't received a Gold Certification yet? 21 years later?
                          It's not insane, it makes a lot of sense. Precise sales to customers are much harder to keep track of than shipments to stores, which the labels can directly control. Sure, these days Nielsen Soundscan covers MOST of the market, but shipments to stores are still the easiest shipment to base certifications on.

The record company itself has to apply for a certification to the RIAA, it doesn't happen automatically (although in the UK the BPI is now implementing this system, the US might follow). So if that album is not yet certified, it means the company isn't bothered enough to get it certified.[/quote]

Wow that ain't right.

Comment

• 8/13 HITS chart

(44) 49 BLACK SABBATH REPUBLIC 6,435 -19%

Comment

• Not good !! I was expecting 7 k again ! Gold seems difficult if it keeps falling under this rate

Comment

Not good !! I was expecting 7 k again ! Gold seems difficult if it keeps falling under this rate
                                290,000 in 2 months seems pretty good to me. I think it'll hit Gold eventually.

Comment

• Brazil

Black Sabbath
                                  Universal Music Ouro
                                  CD

Black Sabbath
                                  Universal Music Platina
                                  CD

Platinum Yeah!

Comment

• Black S's concert in Chile ( Oct) has sold more than 30k tickets already!

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/ent...istorico.shtml

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen
                                      Brazil

Black Sabbath
                                      Universal Music Ouro
                                      CD

Black Sabbath
                                      Universal Music Platina
                                      CD

Platinum Yeah!
                                      Platinum in Brazil? NICE\,,/

Comment

• Great news !!

first platinum certification????

BTW in Chile 40000 attendance is expected !!! for Sabbath

Comment

• UK YTD Albums 17/8

39 - 39 - 97,000 - Black Sabbath - 13 - 97,000 - 22/06/13 - 1
                                          My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonathan
                                            UK YTD Albums 17/8

39 - 39 - 97,000 - Black Sabbath - 13 - 97,000 - 22/06/13 - 1
                                            Wow it's almost Gold in England too? BADASS\,,/

Comment

• 8/24 BB200:

51 BLACK SABBATH 13 6,536  -17% 7,869 290,003

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                                8/24 BB200:

51 BLACK SABBATH 13 6,536  -17% 7,869 290,003
                                                That's not too bad\,,/

Comment

• 300K in 2 more weeks !! 400 k?? at the end of this 13 era???

Comment

300K in 2 more weeks !! 400 k?? at the end of this 13 era???
                                                    Yeah\,,/ It'll probably take another year or so but it'll hit Gold in America sooner or later. It took Sabotage and Technical Ecstacy like 20 years to do it but it did it lmao. How is Sabotage's Sales numbers anyway? I always loved that album. I always say the first SIX Black Sabbath albums are classic lol.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X