No announcement yet.

Black Sabbath :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 400 K we can rest assure but for gold maybe we´ll have to wait some time !! hope not the time Sabotage took to reached it.

Now that you mention sabotage (Symptom Of The Universe just crossed my head in a second)

Any update from the DIO albums (Heaven and Hell Mob Rules Dehumanizer and The Devil you Know) are they close to any new peak
    But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
    and don't forget the joker

Comment

• Originally posted by abdon
      400 K we can rest assure but for gold maybe we´ll have to wait some time !! hope not the time Sabotage took to reached it.

Now that you mention sabotage (Symptom Of The Universe just crossed my head in a second)

Any update from the DIO albums (Heaven and Hell Mob Rules Dehumanizer and The Devil you Know) are they close to any new peak
      My 2 main favorites off that album are Symptom of the Universe and Meglomania\,,/. I still can't believe Paranoid isn't 5X Platinum. It was Certified Quadruple Platinum how long ago? Back in 1993? I'd have thought that 20 years, the Reunions, the new album, and the fact that almost everybody considers it an essential Metal album would have pushed it to sell another 1,000,000. How is Paranoid's worldwide sales anyway?

Comment

• Canada:
        11 (18) 13 10 weeks (No. 1 for 1 week)

Is anyone else surprised that this is doing far better in Canada than in the US?
        Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• I´m not surprise at all!! It seem rock in US die a long time ago the last 2 rock albums that nailed it were Black Ice and Death Magnetic but that was back in 2008

before gaga justin bieber and all the horrible music that rules today

Comment

• Originally posted by Rattlehead93
            Originally posted by abdon
            400 K we can rest assure but for gold maybe we´ll have to wait some time !! hope not the time Sabotage took to reached it.

My 2 main favorites off that album are Symptom of the Universe and Meglomania\,,/. I still can't believe Paranoid isn't 5X Platinum. It was Certified Quadruple Platinum how long ago? Back in 1993? I'd have thought that 20 years, the Reunions, the new album, and the fact that almost everybody considers it an essential Metal album would have pushed it to sell another 1,000,000. How is Paranoid's worldwide sales anyway?

But we must remember that during the grunge movement metal just die and then later the horrible teen pop and so on! so if paranoid is going to be respected again as one of the best metal albums (the first one) must be now !! but the black cross box is doing another great job many people have bought it 2

Comment

]before gaga justin bieber and all the horrible music that rules today
              But they are also successful in Canada, aren't they? And in the German-speaking countries it's their most successful album so far...
              Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Nackar
                Originally posted by Rattlehead93

Based off shipments, not actual sales. That's how it works in the states. That's why the RIAA is there. It's there to certify an album based off shipments. It was never about sales to begin with. I've seen albums certified gold that only sold 380,000+ when it was certified and other albums go platinum when sales were just around 700,000.
                That's insane! Btw there's this band called Testament that sold 450,000 copies in the US of their album Practice What You Preach as of 1992, can anybody explain why they haven't received a Gold Certification yet? 21 years later?
                It's not insane, it makes a lot of sense. Precise sales to customers are much harder to keep track of than shipments to stores, which the labels can directly control. Sure, these days Nielsen Soundscan covers MOST of the market, but shipments to stores are still the easiest shipment to base certifications on.

The record company itself has to apply for a certification to the RIAA, it doesn't happen automatically (although in the UK the BPI is now implementing this system, the US might follow). So if that album is not yet certified, it means the company isn't bothered enough to get it certified.[/quote]

Let's also remember that metal/hard rock stores back then were much more reticent to add Soundscan to their stores, as to no "give into the system" rebel stuff kind of stand, so if 40% of sales were counted on SS at the start of it and some 65-70% up to the late 90s, (85% in the 2000s) the percentage of metal/hard rock music stores without SS was much higher than normal, so logically, many sales were lost in the SS era (at least they do count for shipments but we know how bad are record companies at that) . A similar scenario was for most "specialty" record stores such as christian, rap/hip hop and country.

Comment

I´m not surprise at all!! It seem rock in US die a long time ago the last 2 rock albums that nailed it were Black Ice and Death Magnetic but that was back in 2008

before gaga justin bieber and all the horrible music that rules today
                  Rock died back in the late 90s and Real Metal is on Life Support lol.

Comment

• Black Sabbath bus

To HELL !!!!

Comment

Black Sabbath bus

To HELL !!!!
                      Oh... My... GOD!!!!!\,,/

Comment

• UK

BPI confirms Gold cert for "13" via twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen
                          UK

BPI confirms Gold cert for "13" via twitter
                          SWEET!\,,/ How are U.S sales now?

Comment

• so glad for all artists' new certs!

and here are BS's:

BLACK SABBATH - 13
                            Silver Certification (Album) 22 July 2013
                            UNIVERSAL MUSIC (VERTIGO)
                            Released 10 June 2013

BLACK SABBATH - BLACK SABBATH
                            Gold Certification (Album) 22 July 2013
                            UNIVERSAL MUSIC (SANCTUARY)
                            Released 29 June 2009

BLACK SABBATH - GREATEST HITS
                            UNIVERSAL MUSIC (UMTV)
                            Released 15 June 2009

BLACK SABBATH - MASTER OF REALITY
                            UNIVERSAL MUSIC (CASTLE MUSIC)
                            Released 18 September 2000

BLACK SABBATH - PARANOID
                            Released 13 October 2008

BLACK SABBATH - VOL 4
                            UNIVERSAL MUSIC (UMC)
                            Released 21 September 2009

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen
                              so glad for all artists' new certs!

and here are BS's:

BLACK SABBATH - 13
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (VERTIGO)
                              Released 10 June 2013

BLACK SABBATH - BLACK SABBATH
                              Released 29 June 2009

BLACK SABBATH - GREATEST HITS
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (UMTV)
                              Released 15 June 2009

BLACK SABBATH - MASTER OF REALITY
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (CASTLE MUSIC)
                              Released 18 September 2000

BLACK SABBATH - PARANOID
                              Released 13 October 2008

BLACK SABBATH - VOL 4
                              UNIVERSAL MUSIC (UMC)
                              Released 21 September 2009
                              Nice!!

Comment

• 13 must have hit 300,000 in America by now

Comment

• 9/28 B200:

122 107 99 14 13, Black Sabbath

Comment

• US:
                                    175 (122) 13 15 weeks (No. 1 for 1 week)

Big drop...

Say no to streaming!

Comment

• True ! but hope it can stay in those positions for a while, before it drops out for good

Comment

13 must have hit 300,000 in America by now
                                        Must've.
                                        "Crime is increasing
                                        Trigger happy policing..."
                                        -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

• Originally posted by BadMan125
                                          Must've.
                                          Yeah. So they can apply for the Gold Certification when it's close to selling 500,000

Comment

• But they didn´t certified Van halen´s a different kind of truth album which have sold more then 430 K why would they certified 13 which is not even above 400 K ??

I really wish something happens for this album and sales come back alive again but seems this is it for it and 400 k is the roof for this era

Comment

• For the concert in Chile 40000 tickets have been sold!! (BTW is on friday)

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/entret ... hile.shtml

Comment

• Now

(95 % tickets sold)

http://www.latercera.com/noticia/entret ... adio.shtml

Comment

WOW!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BadMan125
                                                    Must've.
                                                    Yeah. So they can apply for the Gold Certification when it's close to selling 500,000
                                                    They might get there by this month next year. You know how some albums continue to sell slowly after its release and then eventually go gold or platinum? This could be one of them.
                                                    "Crime is increasing
                                                    Trigger happy policing..."
                                                    -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

Comment

Working...
                                                    X