Comment

• #1 in the UK.

http://www.officialcharts.com/albums-chart/

Comment

• #1 in Germany.

http://www.spiegel.de/kultur/musik/jube ... 06249.html

Comment

• UK

Almost 43 years after they topped the album chart for the first time, Black Sabbath return to the summit, with 13 - surprisingly, their 19th studio album, not their 13th - debuting atop the list on sales of 47,694 copies.

Sabbath's second album, Paranoid, topped the chart in the wake of the title track's number four placing - it was their only Top 10 singles - moving 27-3-1 in September 1970 to become the fourth of eight albums to dethrone Simon & Garfunkel's Bridge Over Troubled Water.

At the time Paranoid topped the chart, Birmingham band Sabbath were a very youthful quartet, comprising Ozzy Osbourne (21), Geezer Butler (21), Tony Iommi (22) and Bill Ward (22). The only younger vocal group to top the chart at that point were Osbourne's heroes, The Beatles. The current incarnation of Black Sabbath is the first since 1978 in which Osbourne, now 64, has featured. Butler (63) and Iommi (65) complete what is now a trio - Ward didn't participate in the making of 13 for contractual reasons.

With an average age of 64, Sabbath thus become the oldest group to top the chart, replacing The Eagles, whose average age was 59 when they topped the chart for the only time in 2007, with Long Road Out Of Eden. They also became the group to have a number one album furthest into their chart career, doing so more than 33 years after their debut with On The Border. Black Sabbath shatter that record too, by a full decade. It's not all bad news for The Eagles this week, however - BBC2's screening of their documentary feature History Of The Eagles helps their 2003 compilation The Complete Greatest Hits to vault 61-9 to equal its 2006 peak. It sold 14,192 copies last week to raise its overall sales to 512,491.

Sabbath also shatter the record for gap between number one albums, set by Bob Dylan, who waited more than 38 years between New Morning topping the chart in 1970 and Together Through Life doing likewise in 2009. They also seize the British record from Rod Stewart, who ended a 37 year absence from the summit with Time just four weeks ago.
          My music library: LAST.FM

Comment

• Thanks for the Info
            here the album is not available jet !! is only for pre-order :x
            But that's the way I like it baby I don't want to live forever
            and don't forget the joker

Comment

• NOW IN: FINAL
              LW TW artist / album label power index % change
              -- 1 BLACK SABBATH REPUBLIC 141,066 --

Comment

• Swiss Album Charts

1 (NEW) 13

Comment

• music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/week-ending-june-16-2013-albums-black-sabbath-145855250.html

Week Ending June 16, 2013. Albums: Black Sabbath’s Long Wait Ends
                  By Paul Grein | Chart Watch – 50 minutes ago

13 sells 155,000 copies.

Nearly 43 years after they first cracked The Billboard 200 with their eponymous debut album, Black Sabbath finally lands its first #1 album with 13. Only one act in chart history has had to wait longer to finally reach #1. That’s Tony Bennett, who took 54 years and six months between his first chart appearance in February 1957 with the album Tony and his first #1 in October 2011 with Duets II.

13 is Black Sabbath’s 19thstudio album; its first since 1995. It’s the band’s first studio album with original lead singer Ozzy Osbourne in 35 years and its first with original bassist Geezer Butler in 19 years.

13 also debuts at #1 on The Official U.K. Chart. It’s the band’s second #1 there, following Paranoid, which hit the top spot in October 1970. This allows Black Sabbath to break Bob Dylan’s record for the longest gap between #1 albums in U.K. chart history. Dylan had a gap of 38-1/2 years between New Morning (November 1970) and Together Through Life (May 2009).

Black Sabbath’s eponymous debut album first entered the Billboard 200 in August 1970 (18 months after Led Zeppelin’s eponymous debut album charted). Each of Black Sabbath’s first six albums made the top 30, but, surprisingly, only one reached the top 10. Master Of Reality hit #8 in September 1971. This week’s debut gives Black Sabbath a nearly 42 year span of top 10 albums, which is the longest span in history for a hard rock/heavy metal band. Zeppelin’s top 10 albums span 38-1/2 years—from Led Zeppelin (May 1969) to Mothership (November 2007.)

13 sold 51,000 digital copies (out of 155K total). That puts it at #1 on Top Digital Albums.

Osbourne has amassed seven top 10 albums as a solo artist, counting a 1987 collaboration with his guitarist, Randy Rhoads.

Paranoid has sold 1,606,000 copies in the U.S. since Nielsen SoundScan started tracking sales for Billboard in 1991, making it the band’s best-selling album of the Nielsen SoundScan era.

Trivia time: Black Sabbath is the third group whose name begins with the word “Black” to reach #1 on The Billboard 200. It follows the Black Crowes and the Black Eyed Peas. (No “White” groups have reached #1, though two have reached #2: Whitesnake and the White Stripes.)

13 is the eighth #1 album whose title consists solely of a number to reach #1. It follows the Beatles’ 1, Foreigner’s 4, Beyonce’s 4, Omarion’s 21, Adele’s 21, Prince’s 3121 and Van Halen’s 5150. (There have also been two #1 albums that had a roman numeral, and nothing else, for a title: Boyz II Men’s II and Godsmack’s IV.)

Comment

• 6/29 BB200:

www.billboard.com/biz/articles/news/cha ... lboard-200

Black Sabbath Earns First-Ever No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 Chart
                    By Keith Caulfield, Los Angeles | June 19, 2013

Almost 43 years after Black Sabbath debuted on the Billboard 200, the iconic rock band earns its first No. 1 album this week with the arrival of "13." The set starts at No. 1 with 155,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"13" is the band's 23rd chart entry, and first studio album with singer Ozzy Osbourne since 1978's "Never Say Die!" The new release is only the group's second top 10, following 1971's "Master of Reality," which reached No. 8. Sabbath made its Billboard 200 debut the week of Aug. 29, 1970, with its self-titled album.

The launch of “13” with 155,000 is also easily the biggest sales week for the band since SoundScan started tracking sales in 1991. Its previous best frame was when the live set "Reunion" bowed with 62,000 back in 1998 at No. 11.

Frontman Osbourne has yet to tally a solo No. 1 album, despite seven top 10 titles. He's gone as high as No. 3, with 2007's "Black Rain." Black Sabbath's debut this week also beats Osbourne's best solo SoundScan-era sales frame, when his 2001 album "Down to Earth" bowed with 153,000 at No. 4.

While Sabbath's nearly 43-year wait for its first No. 1 is long, it's not the longest. Tony Bennett waited 54 years for his first No. 1: 2011's "Duets II." The pop singer's first charting album was 1957's "Tony," which debuted on the Feb. 23, 1957, list.

Comment

• So you guys think it'll hit Gold or Platinum?

Comment

• I say platinum is nearly impossible, Gold is very hard to reach too. Depends on it's longevity.

Comment

• Canada

1 INT 1 BLACK SABBATH 13 24,771 0 24,771

Comment

• Oricon Japanese Album (2013/06/24)

26 - Black Sabbath - 13 (2,899?2,899)

Comment

• http://keelyskorner.com/category/soundscan/

SOUNDSCAN (WEEK ENDING 6/16/13)

1) Black Sabbath – 13 – 154,890

Comment

• HITS for next week's chart:

5. Black Sabbath (Republic) 55-60k

Comment

• France
                                  15 NE 01 Black Sabbath – 13

Austria
                                  2 new Black Sabbath 13

Spain
                                  4 E 0 0 1 BLACK SABBATH 13 UNIVERSAL

Comment

• Originally posted by Tansike
                                    I say platinum is nearly impossible, Gold is very hard to reach too. Depends on it's longevity.
                                    I think it can get Gold for sure but Platinum it'll take years

Comment

• Even gold could take some years !! even if it sells 60 K (at best) in it´s second week ! what if the third week is not as good as the second one?? 50% drop 4 example?? anyways everything we´ll be more clear after the first month

Comment

• 3. Black Sabbath - 13
                                        Republic / Vertigo - 305.000

mediatraffic

Comment

• Official UK Albums Top 100 - 29th June 2013

#2 Black Sabbath - 13

Comment

• Originally posted by abdon
                                            Even gold could take some years !! even if it sells 60 K (at best) in it´s second week ! what if the third week is not as good as the second one?? 50% drop 4 example?? anyways everything we´ll be more clear after the first month
                                            I think it'll top 250,000 in its first month no problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by EVH
                                              Official UK Albums Top 100 - 29th June 2013

#2 Black Sabbath - 13
                                              02 - Black Sabbath - 13 [21,056]

Comment

• Originally posted by thebigham
                                                HITS for next week's chart:

5. Black Sabbath (Republic) 55-60k
                                                6/25 HITS chart:

(1) 5 BLACK SABBATH REPUBLIC 47,573 -66% 13

Comment

• Something went very wrong!!! and the album dive deeper than expected!! I was expecting over 55 K :-?

Comment

• Swiss Album Charts

1 (1) 13

That's unexpected!

Comment

Working...
                                                    X