No announcement yet.

Robbie Williams :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Amazing sales for someone who's never had US support!

Comment

About Swings Both Ways sales from the new interview to The Guardian:

ďI suppose Iíve just got to redefine success,Ē he says. ďIíve yet to shape it and whittle it and to convince myself that everythingís all right. You know, my last album would have been the peak of anyoneís career: double platinum, No 1, holding off One Direction for the Christmas week No 1, sold 2.3m. In this day and age, thatís a staggering success. But against my own success, thereís a light shining on it going: ĎHeís not selling 5m or 6m copies any more.í I do realise that Iím in a place now where Iím not imperial. Itís not over by a long chalk, but Iím not imperial. When youíre imperial, itís sort of like stepping up to a pool table and knowing youíre just not going to miss. Whatever you release, youíre not going to miss.Ē

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2016/ ... CMP=twt_gu

Comment

I think he's mistaken; he obviously meant to say 1.3m and he's also obviously talking about worldwide sales for most of the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
          I think he's mistaken; he obviously meant to say 1.3m and he's also obviously talking about worldwide sales for most of the article.
          1.3M?
          No, it was about 1.9M two years ago

Of course, about WW

Comment

Absolutely no way swings both ways sold 1.6 m copies outside the uk
            A realistic prediction would be 1.5-1.7 m ww
            -Marshall you're so funny man, you should be a comedian, God damn
            -Unfortunately I am, but I just hide behind the tears of a clown

Comment

Originally posted by Drug
              Absolutely no way swings both ways sold 1.6 m copies outside the uk
              A realistic prediction would be 1.5-1.7 m ww
              According to Mediatraffic by July 2014 it was 1.72M WW
              memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=36981" target="_blank" target="_blank

According to IFPI (End of chart 2013), SBW was #18 album.
              #10 sold 2.3M. So there shouldn't be a big difference in figures between #10 and #18.

I also don't think Robbie's note about 2.3M is absolutely true but at least 2M is almost fact.

Comment

SBW has sold almost 800,000 copies in the UK alone. Chartrun and year end position in Germany suggest another 550k from here = 1,350,000 from his main markets alone. How can he have shipped 1,3m when he's sold as much in UK and GER alone?

1,6m is the bare minimum for the album in my opinion. I don't think it's close to 2m, but 1,6-1,7m sounds plausibe.
                My Chart

Comment

1.6m is closer to 1.3m than it is to 2.3m.

My point being that it clearly hasn't sold or shipped anything close to 2.3m copies.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne
                    1.6m is closer to 1.3m than it is to 2.3m.

My point being that it clearly hasn't sold or shipped anything close to 2.3m copies.
                    I agree. It's still an amazing number (for his 13th release).
                    My Chart

Comment

Midweek UK chart (31.10.2016)

Top 100 Albums

1 James Arthur - Back From the Edge (25,930) *
                      2 The Courteeners - Mapping the Rendezvous (20,887) *
                      3 Elvis Presley - The Wonder of You (17,896)
                      4 Madness - Can't Touch Us Now (14,604) *
                      5 Michael Bublť - Nobody But Me (12,942)

6-10
                      6 Jack Savoretti - Sleep No More *
                      8 Avenged Sevenfold - The Stage *
                      9 Robbie Williams - Greatest Hits ^
                      10 Roy Orbison - The Ultimate Collection *

Comment

what's happening ?

Comment

repackage by Universal + advert on UK TV

Comment

yass, get that 10xP GH (3,000,000). Lovely. With his new album, he could hit 20m in sales in the UK.
                            My Chart

Comment

Originally posted by stevyy
                              yass, get that 10xP GH (3,000,000). Lovely. With his new album, he could hit 20m in sales in the UK.
                              I think no... he needs more than 1M sales for 20M in UK, I think it's impossible during this era. But next time he could catch this.

Comment

Originally posted by Better_Man
                                Originally posted by stevyy
                                I think no... he needs more than 1M sales for 20M in UK, I think it's impossible during this era. But next time he could catch this.
                                but his entire catalogue will benefit from the new album. Imagine GH managed to sell 100k this year and all of his other music does another 100k combined and then whatever the new album sells. But maybe you are right, I only wanted to emphasize how close he actually is to reaching 20 million albums sold.
                                My Chart

Comment

The new album will be certified 2xP before february,i'm almost certain

Comment

GH is #8 today.

Originally posted by Drug
                                    The new album will be certified 2xP before february,i'm almost certain
                                    it would be Adele's level but 6ook sales is not so easy...
                                    I'd be happy for him even for 300k by February

You know, there is only one album this year what has over 600k, it's Adele's.
                                    And only one more album what has over 400k, it's JBieber's.

So I believe in better for THES but in my opinion it's impossible to catch that sales for almost everybody in UK chart nowadays.

Comment

UK

09 (RE) 116 Greatest Hits

Comment

His 11th solo studio album, The Heavy Entertainment Show, is a shoe-in for a high debut next week but Robbie Williams is already back in the Top 10, with the newly repackaged but otherwise unchanged compilation Greatest Hits returning at No.9 (11,126 sales), exactly 12 years after it debuted at No.1 on sales of 320,081 copies. It is one of six albums by Williams to sell upwards of 2m copies in the UK (the others are all studio efforts) and is currently placed third on that list, with a to-date tally of 2,326,757, trailing only 2001's Swing When You're Winning (2,390,783 sales) and 1998's I've Been Expecting You (2,587,681 sales). It might seem odd to push Greatest Hits at this stage - but it, like all of Williams' Chrysalis and Virgin catalogue now resides with Universal's Island imprint whereas The Heavy Entertainment Show is his first album for Sony's Columbia label. This week is Greatest Hits' first in the Top 10 since 2006, and its 15th in all, in a Top 75 career that runs to 83 weeks.
                                        UK sales
                                        Greatest Hits (2004) - 2,326,757
                                        Swing When You're Winning - 2,390,783
                                        I've Been Expecting You - 2,587,681

Comment

Ireland

97 (39) 64 Greatest Hits

Comment

UK

01 (NE) 01 The Heavy Entertainment Show.
                                            12 (09) 117 Greatest Hits

+

Robbie Williams is the most successful British solo act in Official Albums Chart history: "Iím chuffed that this album is Number 1"

Robbie Williams has gone straight in at Number 1 with his new album The Heavy Entertainment Show.

Robbie's eleventh studio album notched up 67,000 combined sales to reach the top - the 12th of his career to do so. Ten of Robbie's 11 studio records have reached the Official Albums Chart top spot, in addition to his two greatest hits collections. View Robbie Williams' complete UK singles and albums chart history here.

"Iím chuffed that this album is Number 1 and Iím humbled by these amazing statistics and facts," explained Robbie to OfficialCharts.com. "Thank you to the wonderful, wonderful team at Sony. Iím as proud of this album as much as any other, and hope that the fans enjoy it as much as I loved making it... this is for the friendlies. Iím very excited to be taking The Heavy Entertainment show on tour next year."
                                            http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... -1__17042/

Comment

what a legend my boy is.
                                              My Chart

Comment

After reissue Greatest Hits sales in UK are very close to the following 'best of' albums:

Robbie - 2.341M
                                                Michael Jackson (Number Ones) - 2.35M (on July 2016)
                                                Take That (Never Forget) - 2.36M (on July 2016)

I think in 2 weeks he will catch MJ and maybe then overtake TT as well but until the new TT release.
                                                In a long-long-run it's also possible to overtake George Michael (2.48M) but no chance to catch ABBA, in my opinion. And that's fine: ABBA, Queen, The Beatles, Bob Marley should be stay in another league,

Anyway historical Best Of Top-10 is coming for Rob.

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... ed__15397/

Comment

that'll be a huge achievement for robbie

Comment

Greatest Hits
                                                    UK #27 (approx 5.5k) => 2.346M

Comment

Working...
                                                    X