Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eminem :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by tada
    UPDATED US SALES:
    The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – 793,000
    The Marshall Mathers LP – 10,000 (Total 10,766,000)
    10.766 + 1.54 SONY/BMG club sales = 12.3 MILLION
    The Eminem Show – 7,000 (Total 10,270,000)
    Recovery – 7,000 (Total 4,509,000)
    Curtain Call – 5,000 (Total 3,778,000)

    The Slim Shady LP – 4,000 (Total 5,433,000)
    5.43 + 1.16 SONY/BMG = 6.59 MILLION
    Encore – 3,000 (Total 5,343,000)
    Relapse – 3,000 (Total 2,335,000)

    i honestly did not know THE SLIM SHADY had sold 6.6M units! huge
    And we don't have numbers from Columbia music club which is believed had a superior volume of album sold through its existance.

    This could very well mean The slim shady LP is deserving a 7xPlatinum certification, The MMLP1 13 or 14xPlatinum certification. We jsut don't know unfortunatly. What is sure is that is that two albums are long due a re-certification. Soon "The Hits" will also be eligible for a 4X platinum certification, and with unknow clubs sales for the "The Eminem show" album (if ever it was sold through music clubs) could very well be due another re-certification too.

    I am just wondering why his label won't certify is albums as due when he's bringing big $$$.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by tada
      GUYS PLEASE! DOES ANYONE HAVE FULL TOP 200 ALBUM CHART RUNS OF 8 MILE SOUNDTRACK? THANX IN ADVANCE
      Courtesy of Hanboo...

      Chart runs for: 8 MILE (Soundtrack)
      (through August 25, 2013)


      * US ALBUMS *
      ============

      Produced by: DJ Premier/Dante Ross/Denaun Porter/Eminem/John Freeman/Nas
      Date: 16/11/2002 - Run:  *1*-1-2-3-3-5-5- (7 wsf)
                  04/01/2003: 2-1-1-5-6-6-10-17-22-24-22-34-29- 10-19-26-38-46-56-60-79-72-86-88-89-107-121-123-136-125-144-168-175-178-180-198 (43/15-14c/4 wks)



      8 MILE: MORE MUSIC FROM 8 MILE
      Date: 21/12/2002 - Run: *152* (1 wk)

      Comment


      • Originally posted by wolfmother
        Originally posted by tada
        UPDATED US SALES:
        The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – 793,000
        The Marshall Mathers LP – 10,000 (Total 10,766,000)
        10.766 + 1.54 SONY/BMG club sales = 12.3 MILLION
        The Eminem Show – 7,000 (Total 10,270,000)
        Recovery – 7,000 (Total 4,509,000)
        Curtain Call – 5,000 (Total 3,778,000)

        The Slim Shady LP – 4,000 (Total 5,433,000)
        5.43 + 1.16 SONY/BMG = 6.59 MILLION
        Encore – 3,000 (Total 5,343,000)
        Relapse – 3,000 (Total 2,335,000)

        i honestly did not know THE SLIM SHADY had sold 6.6M units! huge
        And we don't have numbers from Columbia music club which is believed had a superior volume of album sold through its existance.

        This could very well mean The slim shady LP is deserving a 7xPlatinum certification, The MMLP1 13 or 14xPlatinum certification. We jsut don't know unfortunatly. What is sure is that is that two albums are long due a re-certification. Soon "The Hits" will also be eligible for a 4X platinum certification, and with unknow clubs sales for the "The Eminem show" album (if ever it was sold through music clubs) could very well be due another re-certification too.

        I am just wondering why his label won't certify is albums as due when he's bringing big $$$.
        Well, The Marshall Mathers LP was actually updated in early 2011, when it reached 10x platinum (for sales of 10 million). Even when most sales watchers were expecting it to go at least 11/12x platinum back then.

        Either the label had some problems with the papers (which seems unlikely) or the Soundscan numbers aren't very accurate. Maybe the album will be recertified soon and we will find out.

        Comment


        • Sales from music clubs that were popular in 1999/2000 aren't recognised by the RIAA.

          Comment


          • ^Yes, they are!

            SoundScan did not count record clubs.

            Eminem's label is very cheap when it comes to album re-certifications. Both the 10xp albums are probably 11xp, but Eminem's label did not want to pay for the 11xp certifcations.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by thebigham
              ^Yes, they are!

              SoundScan did not count record clubs.

              Eminem's label is very cheap when it comes to album re-certifications. Both the 10xp albums are probably 11xp, but Eminem's label did not want to pay for the 11xp certifcations.
              Exactly. He's so undercertified like everywhere. I mean Germany is also worse.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by thebigham
                ^Yes, they are!

                SoundScan did not count record clubs.

                Eminem's label is very cheap when it comes to album re-certifications. Both the 10xp albums are probably 11xp, but Eminem's label did not want to pay for the 11xp certifcations.
                As posted before, adding soundscan sales and know BMG club sales "The Marshall Mathers LP" is at about than 12,3 million copies sold, so this album sure is eligble not for a a11xPlatinum certification but for a 12xPlatinum plaque and with unknown sales from the Columbia club sales, the album could even be elgible for a 13 or 13xplatinum certification. I don't know why but his label screwed up when they recertified this album in 2011, and they didn't care to re-certify his first album which is probably due to a 7xPlatinum plaque. So Eminem's label sure hasn't done its job at duly certifying his discography.

                Comment


                • Wolfmother, I think The Marshall Mathers LP wasn't available through Columbia House.

                  Comment


                  • Interesting.
                    "Crime is increasing
                    Trigger happy policing..."
                    -- Marvin Gaye ("Inner City Blues")

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by HUR
                      Wolfmother, I think The Marshall Mathers LP wasn't available through Columbia House.
                      None of his albums were actually, MMLP should be 12xp, SSLP should be 6xp.

                      Comment


                      • Yeah, the MMLP wasn't available through that club. It definitely does need to be 12x platinum though and the SSLP needs to definitely be 7x platinum.

                        BTW, since Lady Gaga will overtake Eminem on both the US & UK charts, it will be the first time in the US for Eminem, not to have a #1 album for a second consecutive week. The minimum consecutive weeks at number one Em ever had was 2 weeks. Encore and Relapse were the ones to have those minimum consecutive weeks. In the UK, every album that he opened at number 1, spent at least 2 weeks the top same as in the US. The MMLP opened at #2 in the UK, and went to #1 in it's 5th week and one last final time in it's 7th week.
                        De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by HUR
                          Wolfmother, I think The Marshall Mathers LP wasn't available through Columbia House.
                          Oh, ok, they we have a clear picture on what he actually sold, thanks a lot for the information

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BeHereNow1997
                            and the SSLP needs to definitely be 7x platinum.
                            You mean definitely maybe ? (had to do it)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by BeHereNow1997
                              Yeah, the MMLP wasn't available through that club. It definitely does need to be 12x platinum though and the SSLP needs to definitely be 7x platinum.

                              BTW, since Lady Gaga will overtake Eminem on both the US & UK charts, it will be the first time in the US for Eminem, not to have a #1 album for a second consecutive week. The minimum consecutive weeks at number one Em ever had was 2 weeks. Encore and Relapse were the ones to have those minimum consecutive weeks. In the UK, every album that he opened at number 1, spent at least 2 weeks the top same as in the US. The MMLP opened at #2 in the UK, and went to #1 in it's 5th week and one last final time in it's 7th week.
                              Thanks for the information.

                              I also that MMLP incluced club sales, well guess not^^.

                              And oh thats sad somehow. But given how Gaga is still a force. It's not that bad.

                              Comment


                              • I thought I posted this article here?

                                hiphop-n-more.com/2013/11/all-8-eminem-albums-enter-billboard-200-chart-this-week/

                                All 8 Eminem Albums Enter Billboard 200 Chart This Week

                                November 13th, 2013 by Navjosh

                                There are almost no records Eminem can’t break or reach. His latest album The Marshall Mathers LP 2 has debuted at #1 this week on the Billboard 200 chart with 792k sold. It is the second-largest sales week of the year, behind only Justin Timberlake’s The 20/20 Experience which moved 968k in the first week.

                                But this is not it — here’s some startling news. Due to the fanfare surrounding Em’s latest opus, all of his other 7 albums (barring the independent debut album Infinite) have also entered the Billboard 200 chart this week. The “Rap God” has sold approximately 43,322,000 albums till date in the United States alone.

                                #1 The Marshall Mathers LP 2 – 793,000
                                #30 The Marshall Mathers LP – 10,000 (Total 10,766,000)
                                #58 The Eminem Show – 7,000 (Total 10,270,000)
                                #64 Recovery – 7,000 (Total 4,509,000)
                                #94 Curtain Call – 5,000 (Total 3,778,000)
                                #115 The Slim Shady LP – 4,000 (Total 5,433,000)
                                #158 Encore – 3,000 (Total 5,343,000)
                                #159 Relapse – 3,000 (Total 2,335,000)

                                Comment


                                • ^ That is simply incredible - 832,000 albums, of which 40,000 are catalogue!

                                  The man is a machine on the charts!

                                  Comment


                                  • Chart News ?@chartnews 4h
                                    Billboard 200: #173 @Eminem, The Slim Shady LP 3,000 (5,437,000 total).
                                    Chart News ?@chartnews 4h
                                    Billboard 200: #135 @Eminem, Curtain Call: The Hits 4,000 (3,782,000 total).
                                    Chart News ?@chartnews 4h
                                    Billboard 200: #107 @Eminem, Recovery 5,000 (4,513,000 total).
                                    Chart News ?@chartnews 4h
                                    Billboard 200: #88 @Eminem, The Eminem Show 5,000 (10,275,000 total).
                                    Chart News ?@chartnews 4h
                                    Billboard 200: #58 @Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP 7,000 (10,773,000 total).
                                    His selling power is unbelievable.
                                    Seven number ones on Billboard Hot 100 and fourteen top ten hits since 2010/ Bruno Mars.

                                    Comment


                                    • Astonishing! Unbelieveable.

                                      Comment


                                      • Originally posted by truthless
                                        Astonishing! Unbelieveable.
                                        Freaking dangerous with the charts!
                                        I was waiting for Bey to drop so she could show that T&A arent the only ones smashing album SALES!!!

                                        Comment


                                        • http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/

                                          135. Eminem, The Marshall Mathers LP: 4,000 (10.777,000) 10xp

                                          153. Eminem - The Eminem Show - 3,500 (10,279,000) 10xp

                                          Comment


                                          • ^More from the 12/7 BB200

                                            168 107 64 161 Recovery, Eminem 3xp (should be 4xp)

                                            197 135 94 205 Curtain Call: The Hits, Eminem 2xp (should be 3xp)

                                            Comment


                                            • 1/11 Billboard 200

                                              93 Re-Entry 162 Recovery Eminem

                                              110 Re-Entry 206 Curtain Call: The Hits Eminem

                                              124 Re-Entry 145 The Eminem Show Eminem

                                              129 Re-Entry 143 The Marshall Mathers LP Eminem

                                              Comment


                                              • 1/18 Billboard 200

                                                www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.26938/ti ... g-1-5-2014

                                                Eminem continues to have several albums on the chart.

                                                Recovery, for instance, sold 5,213 this week, helping it land at #83 with an overall sales total of 4,548,733.

                                                Curtain Call sold 4,670 to land at #101 this week. Its sales total has reached 3,813,216 copies sold.

                                                The Eminem Show, which is in the #103 with 4,570 units sold for the week, has reached a total sales figure of 10,308,107 units sold.

                                                Eminem's The Marshall Mathers LP also continues to land on the charts, this week selling 3,920 units to land at #115. Overall, the album has sold 10,803,631 units.

                                                Comment


                                                • https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/672 ... +January+8

                                                  TOP SELLING ARTISTS OF SOUNDSCAN ERA
                                                  (Based on Album Sales from 1991 – 12/29/2013) (Based on Album Sales from 1991 – 12/29/2013)
                                                  Artist Units Sold

                                                  1 GARTH BROOKS 69,424,000
                                                  2 BEATLES 64,111,000
                                                  3 MARIAH CAREY 54,209,000
                                                  4 METALLICA 54,129,000
                                                  5 DION*CELINE 52,159,000
                                                  6 STRAIT*GEORGE 44,781,000
                                                  7 EMINEM 44,469,000
                                                  8 MCGRAW*TIM 41,844,000
                                                  9 JACKSON*ALAN 40,361,000
                                                  10 PINK FLOYD 38,508,000

                                                  Comment


                                                  • Lose Yourself celebrates its 1-year-jubilee on the French Singles Chart this week.

                                                    Its chart run:
                                                    13 / 13 / 13 / 13 / 11 / 11 / 5 / 3 / 3 / 3 / 4 / 4 / 4 / 5 / 5 / 5 / 15 / 15 / 20 / 26 / 30 / 41 / 42 / 52 / 58 / 76 / 89 / - / 186 / - / 173 / 153 / 170 / 137 / - / 151 / 166 / - / 71 / 35 / 136 / - / 87 / 119 / 162 / 196 / - / 193 / 158 / 142 / 146 / 173 / 157 / 142 / 93 / 165 / 182 / - / 182
                                                    Je n'ai qu'une philosophie: Être acceptée comme je suis. Malgré tout ce qu'on me dit, je reste le poing levé.

                                                    Say no to streaming!

                                                    Comment

                                                    Working...
                                                    X