Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nine Inch Nails :: Charts & Sales History

someone has the worldwide sales?

nothing official..but we can try to estimated them knowing their USA sales and knowing they sold a good % in USA.
    so some ww sales COULD be:

Pretty Hate Machine : 4-5m
    Broken :2m
    Downward Spiral : 5-6m
    Fragile : 2-3m
    With Teeth : 2-3m
    http://www.worldwidealbums.net/
    Worldwide sales, Daily music news, music History

Comment

thank you for your information, but noone has the soundscan figures? basil, mjdangerous.....can you help me?

Comment

thank you for your information, but noone has the soundscan figures? basil, mjdangerous.....can you help me?

Comment

Originally posted by rick81
          from Hanboo, as of Jan 2006
          Broken 1,400,000
          The Downward Spiral 3,400,000
          The Fragile 912,000
          My top 100 artists (2018 edition)

Comment

United World Chart
            2. Year Zero - 294.000

The rest is compiled by me under following link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Year_Zero_ ... _positions
            I'm one of god's own prototypes.
            A high power mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production.
            Too weird to live, too rare to die.

Comment

294.000 is not good.
              some weeks ago i excepted something like last year Tool first week : around 700k.

Comment

Yes, but the first quarter of any year isn't too good for sales, especially in the USA. Look, good two thirds of Avril Lavigne sales were digital downloads, people are now reluctant to buy physical CDs, they prefer downloading it via iTunes instead, and occasionally buying the singles, and there is constant noticeable decline in sales going on, and yes, I was expecting bigger sales as well.

Comment

USA:

3 NINE INCH NAILS YEAR ZERO 57,666 -69% 186,651 245,929

Comment

Originally posted by thebigham
                    USA:

3 NINE INCH NAILS YEAR ZERO 57,666 -69% 186,651 245,929
                    as their song "Vessel" say...OH MY GOD!!

Comment

Rather odd statistic from Music Week:

In UK, Year Zero sold 19,500 in first week, compared to With Teeth's first week tally of 26,250.
                      They say the biggest NIN seller was the non-chart eligible remix EP Fixed. It went platinum, apparently. It was banned from the album chart due to its expensive dealer price, and was too long for the singles chart. It followed the original #18 Album Chart EP Broken. As this release is quite poor and not pure NIN, i wonder why it has sold more than any original album- makes no sense??
                      Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

do you have any idea what its price was? I didn't know there were upper price limits on chart qualifying albums eg when the two Beatles Red and Blue 62-66 and 67-70 albums were released on CD they were almost 35 each but both still qualified for the chart. Though they were double CDs though.

Comment

I paid 6.99 for it. Not expensive for an album but for some reason it was considered to be breaking dealer price rules. Something to do with the number of tracks vs the price. It may have charted on the Budget Album Chart. Broken was 5.99, if i remember rightly. I think Fixed was top 20- bound and it charted in US- can't remember where.
                          Don't bother updating your signature if it's a link. It takes you to completely random pages!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Blondini
                            I paid 6.99 for it. Not expensive for an album but for some reason it was considered to be breaking dealer price rules. Something to do with the number of tracks vs the price. It may have charted on the Budget Album Chart. Broken was 5.99, if i remember rightly. I think Fixed was top 20- bound and it charted in US- can't remember where.
                            I did think after reading Alan Jones chart report that perhaps it may have been classed as a budget album but I'm sure Alan Jones would have mentioned that it had charted on that chart. I know some albums chart rules changed in 1990 after Iron Maiden charted a number of double 12" singles on the album chart. The new rules ensured this couldn't happen again. Presumably the rules must have caught CD albums too if they fell within these exclusion rules.

Comment

anyway, I think NIN biggest seller has to be Downward Spiral for sure... and by far.

Comment

Originally posted by shoegazer
                                anyway, I think NIN biggest seller has to be Downward Spiral for sure... and by far.
                                That's what i would have thought, but not according to Music Week, who publish the OCC Charts.

Comment

USA:

23 NINE INCH NAILS YEAR ZERO 24,691 36,141 -32% 306,761

Comment

USA:

35 Nine Inch Nails/Year Zero 16,118 343,926

Comment

Hello,
                                      I am sure that they did a Music Video - about SM, (Sado Masochism), that was so explicit that the British Board Of Film Censors refused to give it a UK Certificate, & it was banned here.

This was several Years ago.

I have never seen the Video. I only like, 'The Sound of Music', & 'Mary Poppins'!!!!! (LOL)

Am I right?

Zeus555

Comment

Originally posted by zeus555
                                        Hello,
                                        I am sure that they did a Music Video - about SM, (Sado Masochism), that was so explicit that the British Board Of Film Censors refused to give it a UK Certificate, & it was banned here.

This was several Years ago.

I have never seen the Video. I only like, 'The Sound of Music', & 'Mary Poppins'!!!!! (LOL)

Am I right?

Zeus555
                                        I'm sure they did but at least it wasn't like the Soft Cell Sex video from 1981 that was impounded by the Vice Squad! There's no master copy of that one left, just snippets...

Comment

Hello,
                                          I don't believe in the Vice Squad grabbing Adult material in the UK. I have heard too many stories about how they then take stuff Home & watch it themselves!

That is what happens when one set of Adults, (The Police), is allowed to tell everyone else what they can & cannot watch - & are allowed to seize things off people. I am talking about consenting Adult Sexual Acts here - nothing illegal.

Thank God the UK has grown up about Sexual DVD's etc. since late 1999 - virtually anything in the least explicit was banned before then!

I have never seen the Soft Cell Video either.

Zeus555

Comment

Originally posted by zeus555
                                            Hello,
                                            I don't believe in the Vice Squad grabbing Adult material in the UK. I have heard too many stories about how they then take stuff Home & watch it themselves!

That is what happens when one set of Adults, (The Police), is allowed to tell everyone else what they can & cannot watch - & are allowed to seize things off people. I am talking about consenting Adult Sexual Acts here - nothing illegal.

Thank God the UK has grown up about Sexual DVD's etc. since late 1999 - virtually anything in the least explicit was banned before then!

I have never seen the Soft Cell Video either.

Zeus555
                                            to be honest - and it agrees with what you say - the only people to have seen the Soft Cell video outside of the group themselves and their management were the Vice Squad! There was a version that circulated in the 80s that was a reshot version and that is now the version that is available. But the original version featured blood, dwarves, sex and other things that can't be mentioned on UKMIX!

The original video can be found (though only its first 3 minutes) on file sharing sites. The last 2 minutes are still illegal to own in the UK, due to the Obscene Publications Act (which applies to videos despite the act being passed in 1959). Nothing illegal actually happens - it's the fact that it looked real that made it illegal. The 1959 Act covers publications that are "likely to deprave and corrupt", and in 1981 this was used against this and other videos...

Comment

USA:

83 Nine Inch Nails - Year Zero 8,915 / 387,378 (no cert)

Comment

USA:

121 NINE INCH NAILS YEAR ZERO 5,871 6,657 407,546 (no cert)

Comment

What is the accurate number of units sold for "Year Zero" according to Soundscan, and is there any certification for it? There should be.

Comment

Working...
                                                  X