No announcement yet.

Shakira :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, so happy to see "She Wolf" also reaching the Top10 on US iTunes.

She's doing incredible - especially also compared to how J.Lo is doing.

Comment

• She Wolf (song) getting what it deserves.

Surprised seeing W,W at number 1. It wasn't even the song she performed the longest if I'm correct.

Comment

• Originally posted by LotsOfLove View Post
        She Wolf (song) getting what it deserves.

Surprised seeing W,W at number 1. It wasn't even the song she performed the longest if I'm correct.
        yes but that the only song played during the commercial before the SB , the song already was floating around top 100 on US itunes

Comment

• So Spotify has updated and no song on Top 200 US or global?

SPAIN
          2 (2) 3 Me Gusta

Certified GOLD this week.

Comment

• US iTunes

#1 Whenever, Wherever
            #3 Hips Don't Lie
            #5 Waka Waka
            #7 She Wolf (+1)
            #35 Empire (-1)
            #56 Try Everything (-4)
            #65 Underneath Your Clothes (+2)
            #66 La Tortura (-3)
            #68 Chantaje (+9)
            #86 Objection (Tango)
            I have received many gifts from God,
            but this is the first time I have ever received a gift from a goddess

Don McLean on Madonna's version of American Pie

Comment

• in the UK and Australia Whenever, Wherever Waka Waka and She Wolf are also climbing in their itunes so there should be new certification soon in those countries

Comment

• Originally posted by nympho View Post
                So Spotify has updated and no song on Top 200 US or global?

SPAIN
                2 (2) 3 Me Gusta

Certified GOLD this week.
                What are you talking about?

US
                43 Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) by Shakira 477,960
                58 Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) [The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup (TM) Song] by Shakira 383,278
                122 Me Gusta by Shakira 271,788
                137 Whenever, Wherever by Shakira 256,829
                149 Chantaje (feat. Maluma) by Shakira 246,613
                163 She Wolf by Shakira 239,241

Comment

• SPOTIFY GLOBAL
                  37 Me Gusta by Shakira 1,605,163
                  81 Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) by Shakira 1,023,175
                  143 Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) [The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup (TM) Song] by Shakira 760,529

Comment

• J.Lo does have 0 songs on both charts.

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post

What are you talking about?

US
                      43 Hips Don't Lie (feat. Wyclef Jean) by Shakira 477,960
                      58 Waka Waka (This Time for Africa) [The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup (TM) Song] by Shakira 383,278
                      122 Me Gusta by Shakira 271,788
                      137 Whenever, Wherever by Shakira 256,829
                      149 Chantaje (feat. Maluma) by Shakira 246,613
                      163 She Wolf by Shakira 239,241
                      It must have been one of those glitches when I looked. The date was updated but it was yesterday’s chart.

Comment

• Jennifer Lopez and Shakira’s music sales spike after their viral Super Bowl halftime show

https://www.marke****ch.com/story/jenni ... 2020-02-03

Shakira and Jennifer Lopez weren’t paid to perform the 2020 Super Bowl halftime show — but their roughly 15-minute set is still paying off.

The “two little Latin girls” — as J-Lo dubbed the duo in an Instagram FB, +2.76% post just hours before their showstopping performance aired live on Fox FOX, +1.55% — performed a bilingual medley of 14 of their greatest hits during Sunday night’s game, which saw the Kansas City Chiefs rally to beat the San Francisco 49ers in Miami.

And with viral moments such as Shakira’s meme-orable tongue flicking, J-Lo showing off her “Hustlers” moves while pole-dancing in a sparkling body suit, as well as the nods to the border crisis by showing kids in cages, viewers were still talking about #HalftimeShow2020 and its set list on Twitter TWTR, and searching for the performances on Google GOOG, well into Monday afternoon. Here it is below:

As a result, those collected songs saw a whopping 1,013% sales increase in the U.S. on Sunday, Feb. 2, according to initial Nielsen Music sales data reported by Billboard. The singles sold 16,000 digital downloads all together on Sunday, which was up from a little more than 1,000 collectively on Saturday, Feb. 1.

Shakira’s gyrations generated the most sales so far, as her 2001 hit “Whenever, Wherever,” was the initial best-seller with almost 4,000 sales on Feb. 2, which was a 1,194% increase compared over the day before. That was followed by her 2006 single “Hips Don’t Lie” with 2,000 downloads on Sunday (a 1,126% increase from the day before).

But J-Lo dominated on Amazon . A company spokesperson told Marke****ch that Alexa requests for the “Jenny on the Block” singer on Amazon Music rose more than 5x (426%) on game day compared to the previous Sunday, while Alexa requests for Shakira jumped 303%. Streams for J-Lo on Amazon Music also increased 432% on Super Bowl Sunday over the Sunday before, while Shakira’s rose 150%.

And in the hours after their halftime performance, Spotify SPOT, streams of Lopez’s music rose by more than 335% and Shakira’s music by about 230%, compared to the same window a week ago. Shakira’s “Empire” saw the biggest bump, however, with streams increasing 2,135%.

While J-Lo commands $2.2 million for each performance on tour, according to Forbes, and Shakira rakes in $1.6 million, the women weren’t paid for the show itself (although their expenses and production costs were covered by the NFL.) Rather, these headliners — like performers such as Beyonce and Bruno Mars before them — are hustling for the exposure.

The Super Bowl is typically the most-watched television broadcast in the country each year; the 2015 match-up between the Patriots and the Seahawks pulled in 144.44 million viewers, taking the crown as the most-watched Super Bowl of all time.

Fox was selling 30-second commercial slots for as much as $5.6 million in November — and the half-time show performer(s) get almost 15 whole minutes of airtime to themselves.

So after Lady Gaga played the 2017 halftime show, her album sales jumped 1,980%, according to BuzzAngle Music as reported by Forbes. She sold 24,075 albums on Super Bowl Sunday, and 14,364 more the next day.

Pandora told Marke****ch that the “Shallow” singer saw a 1,400% surge in artist station adds on the radio platform. And in the hour following Justin Timberlake’s 2018 Super Bowl halftime performance, his Spotify streams spiked 214%, Billboard reported. His artist station adds jumped 175% on Pandora. Last year, Maroon 5’s halftime show boosted the band’s sales by 434%.

Shakira and J-Lo’s 2020 Super Bowl halftime show set also featured special guests Bad Bunny, J Balvin, and Lopez’s 11-year-old daughter Emme.
                        More sales and streaming figures are expected to be released this week

Comment

• So both are doing great . This article is for the ppl who were saying shakira is doin better on spotify. Well that isnt the only streaming platform. Jlo beated shak on amazon .

Comment

• Originally posted by moechoghri View Post
                            So both are doing great . This article is for the ppl who were saying shakira is doin better on spotify. Well that isnt the only streaming platform. Jlo beated shak on amazon .
                            The minor sales, the biggest jump...
                            That's why Shakira’s “Empire” had the biggest increase (up 2,135%)

Maths.
                            Singer, Dancer, Producer, Songwritter, Humanitarian, Successful, Rich, Sexy, Beautiful
                            Records & Awards
                            Latin Legend - Global superstar
                            SHAKIRA.

Comment

• YouTube (Feb 3)

Waka Waka +1,465,696
                              Hips Don't Lie +936,847
                              On The Floor +737,601
                              Chantaje +551,085
                              Whenever, Wherever +481,936
                              Ojos Así +154,680
                              Let's Get Loud +154,562
                              Jenny From The Block +102,880
                              Empire +102,100
                              Get Right +100,184
                              Waiting For Tonight +59,357
                              Singer, Dancer, Producer, Songwritter, Humanitarian, Successful, Rich, Sexy, Beautiful
                              Records & Awards
                              SHAKIRA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Userkira View Post

The minor sales, the biggest jump...
                                That's why Shakira’s “Empire” had the biggest increase (up 2,135%)

Maths.
                                Yep, Shakira had better streaming stats to being with, so even with a bigger jump (and it's more than obvious she had a much bigger effect) if you're looking in percentage that would translate lower than J.Lo. In pure numbers Shakira is running over J.Lo with ease.

Comment

yes but that the only song played during the commercial before the SB , the song already was floating around top 100 on US itunes
                                  yeah I expected WW to hit #1 as it was used twice that night, at the Half time show and here (Pepsi ad) :

Comment

• Originally posted by beredy View Post
                                    J.Lo does have 0 songs on both charts.
                                    BUT JLO OUTPERFORMED SHAKIRA IN AMAZON STREAMNG

Comment

• Originally posted by AndiIversen View Post

yeah I expected WW to hit #1 as it was used twice that night, at the Half time show and here (Pepsi ad) :

TRUE BUT ITS FINE BOTH SHAK AND JEN GAINED SO MUCH FROM THE SB .

Comment

You can do wonders in percentages and math.

Pure numbers don't lie (just like hips).

Comment

Why are you so pressed? She didnt beat her in Amazon streaming. She rose PERCENTAGE wise which means nothing in the end. If you go from being streamed 1 time to 1000 of course you will have higher %. But its still less then someone steamed 1001 times who only increases to 1002.

Comment

• Originally posted by Userkira View Post
                                            YouTube (Feb 3)

Waka Waka +1,465,696
                                            Hips Don't Lie +936,847
                                            On The Floor +737,601
                                            Chantaje +551,085
                                            Whenever, Wherever +481,936
                                            Ojos Así +154,680
                                            Let's Get Loud +154,562
                                            Jenny From The Block +102,880
                                            Empire +102,100
                                            Get Right +100,184
                                            Waiting For Tonight +59,357
                                            According to Kworb, here are the numbers for those songs from February 3rd:

1,392,283 - Waka Waka
                                            844,315 - Hips Don't Lie
                                            770,036 - On The Floor
                                            521,779 - Chantaje
                                            442,663 - Whenever, Wherever
                                            217,032 - Let's Get Loud
                                            179,211 - Jenny from the Block
                                            162,952 - Get Right
                                            134,564 - Ojos Así
                                            93,456 - Waiting for Tonight
                                            91,670 - Empire

Comment

• how many copies her singles have sold in the USA until now ? many of her songs haven't been certified yet by the RIAA

Comment

• Wow Shakira wiped the floor with everyone .... I'm glad she had such a great effect
                                                Britney Spears . Michael Jackson . Madonna . Metallica . Radiohead . Led Zeppelin . Oasis . Beyoncé . Soda Stereo

Comment

• Originally posted by MrLeonix View Post
                                                  Wow Shakira wiped the floor with everyone .... I'm glad she had such a great effect
                                                  here impact has been huge on the USA itunes even in the UK itunes and Australia itunes and the Canadian itunes waka waka and whenever, wherever are inside the top 100 !!! i believe that very soon there are going to be new certifications in those countries

Comment

• Originally posted by Neutral View Post

According to Kworb, here are the numbers for those songs from February 3rd:

1,392,283 - Waka Waka
                                                    844,315 - Hips Don't Lie
                                                    770,036 - On The Floor
                                                    521,779 - Chantaje
                                                    442,663 - Whenever, Wherever
                                                    217,032 - Let's Get Loud
                                                    179,211 - Jenny from the Block
                                                    162,952 - Get Right
                                                    134,564 - Ojos Así
                                                    93,456 - Waiting for Tonight
                                                    91,670 - Empire
                                                    Weird! I took the numbers from Kworb, tho!

February 4th

1,443,913 - Waka Waka
                                                    847,221 - On The Floor
                                                    845,991 - Hips Don't Lie
                                                    539,678 - Chantaje
                                                    488,477 - Whenever, Wherever
                                                    256,141 - Let's Get Loud
                                                    244,742 - She Wolf
                                                    221,195 - Jenny from the Block
                                                    198,521 - Get Right
                                                    154,315- Ojos Así
                                                    115,077 - Empire
                                                    110,016 - Waiting for Tonight
                                                    75,283 - Ain't It Funny (Alt Version)

299,982 - Waka Waka (Esto es Africa)
                                                    205,141 - El Anillo
                                                    164,198 - Loba
                                                    116,589 - Suerte
                                                    42,156 - Ain't It Funny

358,469 - La Tortura
                                                    333,086 - La La La (Brazil 2014)
                                                    210,373 - Loca
                                                    Records & Awards
                                                    SHAKIRA.

Comment

Working...
                                                    X