X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exactly 50 years ago!

http://www.billboard.com/articles/colum ... ot-to-no-1

Two songs in the top 20!
    So cool that her 1st solo single "All I really Want To Do" debuted a week earlier than "I Got You Babe"!
    C h e r
    51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
    Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
    Touring force
    Legend

Comment

• New Brazilian shipment!
      Cher - Icon AA 4.000
      C h e r
      51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
      Touring force
      Legend

Comment

• Billboard Greatest of All Time

Billboard Hot 100 Artists

#43 Cher

25 Greatest Pop Hooks of All Time

#17 Cher - "Believe"
        C h e r
        Touring force
        Legend

Comment

• Originally posted by alfiebot
          New Brazilian shipment!
          Cher - Icon AA 4.000
          That album must have sold roughly 100,000 worldwide. It should be over 20,000 in Canada and I would say about 50,000 in the UK. It has featured in the Budget charts the last few years. I would love if Billboard did an article featuring all her album sales in the US too, but that would probably never happen. :(

Comment

• Originally posted by StephenN17
            Originally posted by alfiebot
            New Brazilian shipment!
            Cher - Icon AA 4.000
            That album must have sold roughly 100,000 worldwide. It should be over 20,000 in Canada and I would say about 50,000 in the UK. It has featured in the Budget charts the last few years. I would love if Billboard did an article featuring all her album sales in the US too, but that would probably never happen. :(
            50k in the UK sounds great, does it mean it has a shot at being Silver or the albums on the budget charts have different rules, think I read that long time ago somewhere...
            C h e r
            Touring force
            Legend

Comment

• I thought it would be eligible but just read on the BPI website that for low price albums from 50p-4.24 it would be 120,000 for Silver, 200,000 for Gold and 600,000 for Platinum so it won't be certified then unless it sells really well in the long run.

Comment

• Shazam UK Top 100:

-- 69 SONNY & CHER LITTLE MAN (+132)

Due to this advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU_c8aabw2Y

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger
                  Shazam UK Top 100:

-- 69 SONNY & CHER LITTLE MAN (+132)

Due to this advert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aU_c8aabw2Y
                  So cool !

Also on UK iTunes:

#402 Little Man
                  #1126 Little Man (LP/Single Version)
                  C h e r
                  Touring force
                  Legend

Comment

• iTunes:

UK
                    #451 and #991 Little Man

Egypt
                    #10 Groovy Kind of Love

Cyprus
                    #182 Sonny & Cher's Greatest Hits
                    C h e r
                    Touring force
                    Legend

Comment

• Oh my god, that advert!!!!!! So cute
                      You have officially been frock destroyed!

Comment

• Little man has been in the UK's iTunes top500 for a few weeks now, wonder if it got any spins on UK radio?

Anyway, here are the 1966 chart peaks of the song, it sold 1,7 million copies (est) and was their biggest hit in several European countries.

Australia - 19
                        Belgium - 1
                        Canada - 6
                        Netherlands - 1
                        France - 7
                        Germany - 2
                        Italy - 25
                        Norway - 1
                        Sweden - 1
                        UK - 4
                        US - 21
                        C h e r
                        Touring force
                        Legend

Comment

• "The Shoop Shoop Song" entered the official Polish airplay chart in November 2015 at #89

http://bestsellery.zpav.pl/airplays/top ... 1812#title
                          C h e r
                          Touring force
                          Legend

Comment

• These are from the Japanese Charts archives thread:

Albums
                            1998/12/23 Believe #47, 14weeks, 70,000 (Gold)

Singles
                            1967/12/05 Sunny #86, 1week, 2,000
                            1971/10/25 Gypsies, Tramps And Thieves #17, 16weeks, 84,000
                            At least she charted in the 60s and 70s but it's strange that Believe hasn't charted, tried to find the 90s Oricon singles chart but nothing came up...
                            C h e r
                            Touring force
                            Legend

Comment

• She said once she could go to Japan and no one would know who she was.
                              B**** come here! B**** come here! B**** come here!

Im staying right here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mikerocha
                                She said once she could go to Japan and no one would know who she was.
                                lol she's always honest! But the fact is that she never toured or promoted there so things might have been different if she did!
                                C h e r
                                Touring force
                                Legend

Comment

• 20th Century Masters: The Best of Cher

iTunes:
                                  #39 Poland
                                  C h e r
                                  Touring force
                                  Legend

Comment

• Does anyone know how much Believe (the album) has sold worldwide to date?
                                    ? Girls' Generation ?
                                    ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

• Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                      Does anyone know how much Believe (the album) has sold worldwide to date?
                                      I would probably say about 11 million copies and the single Believe about 7.5 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                        Does anyone know how much Believe (the album) has sold worldwide to date?
                                        This is from Warner Brothers official press release which states 20 and 11 million for the album and the single, but those are either way inflated or shipments:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/cher-cele ... 34556.html

I'd say 12 million for the album, as for the single, well, the total in available certified and some reported sales are 7 million, and that is only counting 12 countries, so the single is in the 10-11 million range for sure, especially with the digital sales!
                                        C h e r
                                        Touring force
                                        Legend

Comment

• I read somewhere that Billboard reported in 2006 the SoundScan sales of 'Live! The Farewell Tour' album to be 200,000.
                                          Couldn't find that article, so can anyone confirm? Thanks!
                                          C h e r
                                          Touring force
                                          Legend

Comment

• iTunes:

If I Could Turn Back Time
                                            #16 Swaziland
                                            #59 Zimbabwe

I Got You Babe
                                            #34 Uganda
                                            #64 Moldova

Strong Enough
                                            #45 Zimbabwe
                                            #147 Bahrain
                                            #157 Qatar

Album: Cher's Greatest Hits: 1965-1992
                                            #13 Zimbabwe
                                            C h e r
                                            Touring force
                                            Legend

Comment

• Originally posted by alfiebot
                                              These are the Cher / Sonny & Cher albums and video releases which according to estimations and various sources have sold/shipped the necessary amount to be certified but are are missing certifications or should be re-certified in the US.
                                              There are also MANY uncertified singles, but I'll get to that later.

Anyway, I posted it on twitter so all of the Cher fans here feel free to re-tweet: https://twitter.com/alfiebot1/status/602849831959269376

Of course they will probably not bother to certify the 60s and the 70s stuff but as this year will be her 50th anniversary they should at least get the certs for the more recent releases.

Wow! I had no idea that Foxy Lady sold so well!! This album should be re-released. Albums that sold much less are all the time being re-released in Deluxe Editions...

Comment

• Originally posted by 88marcus88
                                                Wow! I had no idea that Foxy Lady sold so well!! This album should be re-released. Albums that sold much less are all the time being re-released in Deluxe Editions...
                                                It did very well considering it only had two minor hit singles ("Living in a House Divided" reached #22 on the Hot100 and #2 on AC and ''Don't Hide Your Love'' #46 and #19) but it came after the million selling GT&T album.

It spent 22 weeks on the BB200 chart with 8 weeks inside top 50, and sales before were much better than today as we all know.

Foxy Lady chart run in 1972: 120-85-57-52-48-45-45-44-44-*43*-43-44-52-57-61-74-74-98-131-146-170-191

A re-release of her early 70s albums, as well as her mid 70s WB ones, would be great but I doubt they will do it anytime soon.
                                                They re-released her Geffen albums (Cher, Heart of Stone and Love Hurts), as well as It's a Man's World, Believe, Living Proof as a 3CD packages several years ago but they are more recent stuff and know people would be more interested in those.
                                                C h e r
                                                Touring force
                                                Legend

Comment

• UK iTunes:

#166 Believe
                                                  #1047 If I Could Turn Back Time
                                                  #1367 Strong Enough

#353 Cher's Greatest Hits: 1965-1992
                                                  C h e r
                                                  Touring force
                                                  Legend

Comment

• UK iTunes:

#151 Believe

It was performed on Britain Got Talent!
                                                    C h e r
                                                    Touring force
                                                    Legend

Comment

• UK iTunes, Believe still rising:

#134 Believe
                                                      #758 If I Could Turn Back Time
                                                      #1127 Strong Enough
                                                      C h e r
                                                      Touring force
                                                      Legend

Comment

• "The Shoop Shoop Song" reached #71 on the official Polish airplay chart on the week 30.04. - 06.05.2016!

http://bestsellery.zpav.pl/airplays/top ... 1968#title
                                                        C h e r
                                                        Touring force
                                                        Legend

Comment

• Cher's top 20 most downloaded songs in the UK:

TITLE ARTIST PEAK YEAR
                                                          1 BELIEVE CHER 1 1998
                                                          2 IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME CHER 6 1989
                                                          3 GYPSIES TRAMPS & THIEVES CHER 4 1971
                                                          4 THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG (IT'S IN HIS KISS) CHER 1 1991
                                                          5 I GOT YOU BABE SONNY & CHER 1 1965
                                                          6 I HOPE YOU FIND IT CHER 25 2013
                                                          7 JUST LIKE JESSE JAMES CHER 11 1990
                                                          8 WALKING IN MEMPHIS CHER 11 1995
                                                          9 STRONG ENOUGH CHER 5 1999
                                                          10 I FOUND SOMEONE CHER 5 1987
                                                          11 YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME CHER N/A 2010
                                                          12 WELCOME TO BURLESQUE CHER N/A 2010
                                                          13 ALL OR NOTHING CHER 12 1999
                                                          14 BANG BANG (MY BABY SHOT ME DOWN) CHER 3 1966
                                                          15 LOVE & UNDERSTANDING CHER 10 1991
                                                          16 SAVE UP ALL YOUR TEARS CHER 37 1991
                                                          17 ONE BY ONE CHER 7 1996
                                                          18 HEART OF STONE CHER 43 1990
                                                          19 THE BEAT GOES ON SONNY & CHER 29 1967
                                                          20 AFTER ALL CHER & PETER CETERA N/A 1989

2016 Official Charts Company . All rights reserved.
                                                          http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-...vealed__15108/

Comment

• Originally posted by StephenN17
                                                            Cher's top 20 most downloaded songs in the UK:

TITLE ARTIST PEAK YEAR
                                                            1 BELIEVE CHER 1 1998
                                                            2 IF I COULD TURN BACK TIME CHER 6 1989
                                                            3 GYPSIES TRAMPS & THIEVES CHER 4 1971
                                                            4 THE SHOOP SHOOP SONG (IT'S IN HIS KISS) CHER 1 1991
                                                            5 I GOT YOU BABE SONNY & CHER 1 1965
                                                            6 I HOPE YOU FIND IT CHER 25 2013
                                                            7 JUST LIKE JESSE JAMES CHER 11 1990
                                                            8 WALKING IN MEMPHIS CHER 11 1995
                                                            9 STRONG ENOUGH CHER 5 1999
                                                            10 I FOUND SOMEONE CHER 5 1987
                                                            11 YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE LAST OF ME CHER N/A 2010
                                                            12 WELCOME TO BURLESQUE CHER N/A 2010
                                                            13 ALL OR NOTHING CHER 12 1999
                                                            14 BANG BANG (MY BABY SHOT ME DOWN) CHER 3 1966
                                                            15 LOVE & UNDERSTANDING CHER 10 1991
                                                            16 SAVE UP ALL YOUR TEARS CHER 37 1991
                                                            17 ONE BY ONE CHER 7 1996
                                                            18 HEART OF STONE CHER 43 1990
                                                            19 THE BEAT GOES ON SONNY & CHER 29 1967
                                                            20 AFTER ALL CHER & PETER CETERA N/A 1989

2016 Official Charts Company . All rights reserved.
                                                            http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-...vealed__15108/
                                                            Can we make some estimate for IHYFI, YHSTLOM and WTB based on this? I mean, great of them to make a post, but sales for 3 or 4 recent singles would've been nice.
                                                            C h e r
                                                            Touring force
                                                            Legend

Comment

• iTunes:

Cher's Greatest Hits: 1965-1992
                                                              #19 Luxembourg
                                                              #138 Switzerland
                                                              #487 UK

Believe
                                                              #101 Brazil
                                                              #197 Mexico

If I Could Turn Back Time
                                                              #150 Poland
                                                              #163 Poland
                                                              C h e r
                                                              Touring force
                                                              Legend

Comment

Working...
                                                              X