No announcement yet.

Cher :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i know that. I don't along with Italians either. They are the most arrogant people I've met.

Comment

Originally posted by jayrock
      You English are the rudest people in the world. You people even out rank the Americans on rudeness. Thankfully my book is not being released there in the YUK as that is how you people look.
      Yes, and you're possibly the most deluded person I've ever come across. The fact that you pluck your figures from biographers and labels, occasionally throwing in a piece of Soundscan and Billboard data + your own very misinformed notions of how the music industry works ("Billboard confirmed sales of 10m in 2000, so it must be at 20m by now") renders your book utterly useless, if that is what its spouting.

Comment

I have never said any such thing. I said Billboard is quoted as saying 10 million in 2000, but according to articles and Billboard in recent years have cited her Believe album as selling 20 million copies world wide. I even remember hearing that her album reached the 12 million mark back in 2000

Comment

I have never said any such thing. I said Billboard is quoted as saying 10 million in 2000, but according to articles and Billboard in recent years have cited her Believe album as selling 20 million copies world wide. I even remember hearing that her album reached the 12 million mark back in 2000
          And it became one of the biggest selling catalog album of the history selling 8-10 million during the 00s...

Comment

I don't know about that. But I am sure of this: I'm meeting with Roger Davies and Cher next month in Las Vegas opening night of her show to have a short one-on-one interview and I'm going to ask her manager personally. I'll hopefully be able to bring a video or voice recorder with me and somehow send it to you for you to hear the response, or even tell them to send me an email which I will then send to you to correct your madness

Comment

I don't know about that. But I am sure of this: I'm meeting with Roger Davies and Cher next month in Las Vegas opening night of her show to have a short one-on-one interview and I'm going to ask her manager personally. I'll hopefully be able to bring a video or voice recorder with me and somehow send it to you for you to hear the response, or even tell them to send me an email which I will then send to you to correct your madness
              I don't want any e-mails, voice recording with Cher talking about her sales.
              Even if Cher herself would claim she's sold that much that wouldn't be official.

Lady Gaga herself claims her album is Diamond worldwide. Is it true? No.
              Guinnes World record says Thriller has sold 109 million copies. Is it true? No.
              Medias claim that Elvis and Beatles sold 1 billion records. Is it true? No.

Artists/Labels/Media are not offcial/reliable sources unfortunatly.

Comment

kind of irrelevant question but... according to verifiable/probable estimations... who are the best-selling female singers?
                jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

Originally posted by jio
                  kind of irrelevant question but... according to verifiable/probable estimations... who are the best-selling female singers?
                  Here's the top 3
                  1. Madonna - 320-330 million records
                  2. Celine Dion - 210-220 (?) million records
                  3. Mariah Carey - 200 million records

Then there's Whitney, Barbra, Janet and Britney.

Comment

TOTAL RECORDS:

1. Madonna - 300-305 million
                    2. Celine Dion - 215-220 million
                    3. Mariah Carey - 200 million
                    4. Whitney Houston - 180 million
                    5. Barbra Streisand - 170 million
                    6. Britney Spears - 110 million
                    7. Janet Jackson - 110 million
                    8. Shania Twain - 100 million
                    9. Sade - 95 million
                    10. Enya - 90 million

There are some other female artists that have sold not far off this list such as Tina Turner. In fact, I'd argue that Diana Ross has probably sold around 100m records solo herself.

Comment

Nice to see Madonna on top and wow at Britney so high so fast but what about non-western singers such as Nana Mouskouri or Alla Pugacheva... any estimates for them? btw... Sade is not a female solo singer, it's a group
                      jio CHARTS NOW:6/7/2020:https://www.ukmix.org/forum/chart-di...2#post10427172

Comment

Enya has not sold 90 million albums. In 2003 she was listed at 40 million albums, but in 2007 that number jumped to 80 million. There is no way she sold 40-50 million albums in a period in which she released only one moderately successful album.

Comment

For one, Guinnes World records is a reliable source. For example, they said that Cher's Farewell tour grossed more than $437 million, but they took into account merchandise, and ticket sales from all 325 shows.

Also, shipment amounts eligible for certifications change every few years. For example, a Platinum album in Canada is now 80,000 compared to 100,000 in 1999
                          Guinness World records is not that reliable. How did Michael Jackson sold over 100m for Thriller? He sold some in mars? Yes, it's the biggest selling album of all time but they doubled the number!

And your charts/sales are far off from anything I see. Wayne, Nichu and the rest are more accurate and reliable with evidences!

Comment

^ Thank you

Enya has not sold 90 million albums. In 2003 she was listed at 40 million albums, but in 2007 that number jumped to 80 million. There is no way she sold 40-50 million albums in a period in which she released only one moderately successful album.
                            Where was she listed with 40 million? On her label sales database?

Wayne was talking about records sales if you didn't notice, that means albums + singles + DVD/VHS and digital tracks.

Comment

No need to wait until her opening night. If you have contact, you should send email to her to ask for breakdown in each country/records now. I hope tonight you finish it.
                              I am waiting to see such list. At least she has more time to make up.

Comment

i know that. I don't along with Italians either. They are the most arrogant people I've met.
                                you do realise that you're not just throwing dubious figures here but you're also being biased with people from other countries?

please think twice before posting this kind of stuff, personal offenses like those are not allowed on UKMix and we definitely do not support "this person told me that someone sold this amount" numbers.
                                Me Facebook | Me LastFM

Comment

Does anyone have any current sales from any of Cher's albums? Maybe from the last time they appeared on the Catalog charts?

Comment

New codes from Brasil

Originally posted by KevinScream
                                    Cher - The Very Best Of Cher (2CD)
                                    AM 1.000

Cher - The Farewell Tour (DVD) [Digipack]
                                    AB 5.000

Cher - The Farewell Tour (DVD) [Amaray Case - distributed by Coqueiro Verde Records since 2009]
                                    AI 7.500
                                    Prisoner Of Rock'n'Roll

Comment

From Ask Billboard Today (please note, I asked the question to Billboard and they replied to me!):

CHER INFORMATION, YES?

Hi Gary,

I love reading your Chart Beat section and I wonder if you could help me out. As the "Burlesque" soundtrack should soon pass 500,000 in sales, what are Cher's top-selling albums and singles are since the advent of Nielsen SoundScan tabulation in 1991?

Thanks,

Stephen Nield
                                      England

Hi Stephen,

The "Burlesque" soundtrack has totaled sales of 497,000, according to SoundScan. As it's averaged approximately 3,000 in sales in recent weeks, it's possible that the set will hit the half-million mark next week.

In the meantime, here's a recap of Cher's five best-selling albums and downloads during the SoundScan era.

Albums:
                                      3.6 million, "Believe" (released in 1999)
                                      2.8 million, "The Very Best of Cher" (2003)
                                      964,000, "Heart of Stone" (1989)
                                      955,000, "If I Could Turn back Time - Cher's Greatest Hits" (1999)
                                      598,000, "Love Hurts" (1991)

Digital Songs:
                                      394,000, "If I Could Turn Back Time" (released in 1989)
                                      375,000, "Believe" (1999)
                                      372,000, "I Got You Babe" (Sonny & Cher) (1965)
                                      226,000, "After All" (with Peter Cetera) (1989)
                                      212,000, "Gypsys, Tramps & Thieves" (1971)

"Believe," released before the dawn of the digital era, has sold 1.8 million physical singles, Cher's top sales sum for the configuration.

Comment

^Thanks, Stephen!! Nice to have some updated figures!!

The Very Best of Cher could be re-certified 3xp.

If I Could Turn back Time - Cher's Greatest Hit could be re-certified 1xp.

Comment

Cher RIAA

Cher 1xp
                                          Half Breed Gold
                                          Take Me Home Gold
                                          Love Hurts Gold
                                          Heart of Stone 3xp
                                          Believe 4xp
                                          If I Could Turn Back Time - Cher's Greatest Hit Gold
                                          Living Proof Gold
                                          The Very Best of Cher 2xp

Total: 12.5xp

Comment

Is "Believe" really the best-selling single of all time?
                                            ? Girls' Generation ?
                                            ? HyoYeon ? Britney Spears ?

Girls' Generation is the best-selling girl group of all time.

Comment

Originally posted by joiPrince_JO
                                              No.

Comment

Some single certifications as well:

Please note that all the 70's singles which were certified Gold sold 1 million, not 500,000. Gold for singles back then was a million sales.

Gypsys, Tramps and Thieves 1971 Gold
                                                Half Breed 1973 Gold
                                                Dark Lady 1974 Gold
                                                Take Me Home 1979 Gold
                                                After All 1989 Gold
                                                If I Could Turn Back Time 1989 Gold
                                                Believe 1999 Platinum

After All has sold 226,000 since the digital era and Turn Back Time has sold 394,000 digital singles so both should really be Platinum by now. As well, Believe sold 1.8 million physical singles and 375,000 digital singles so has sold 2.2 million copies and should be 2x Platinum.

Comment

Originally posted by LostAvenger
                                                  No.
                                                  I have heard it is.
                                                  ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

[quote=joiPrince_JO]
                                                    Originally posted by LostAvenger
                                                    Originally posted by "joiPrince_JO":2p194wgy
                                                    No.
                                                    I have heard it is.[/quote:2p194wgy]

Then it would need about 25 million more to catch up with Elton's "Candle In The Wind '97". And "White Christmas" by Bing Crosby is rumoured to have sold 40-50 million.

Comment

But it is one of the best-selling singles of all time!?
                                                      ? Girls' Generation ?

Comment

What about "The Greatest Thing"? Wasn't it supposed to premiere like a couple of months ago?!

Comment

Its sold about 7m copies worldwide, and was the 2nd best-selling single worldwide of 1998.

That's as big as it gets!

Comment

Originally posted by 04wayne
                                                            Its sold about 7m copies worldwide, and was the 2nd best-selling single worldwide of 1998.

That's as big as it gets!
                                                            I thought it was the best selling single of 1999? As well, it is in the top 20 biggest selling singles of all time on Media Traffic.

Comment

The RIAA site lists 1969 as the release date for "Take Me Home"- oops.
                                                              http://www.poconorecord.com/entertai...-madame-x-tour

Comment

Working...
                                                              X