No announcement yet.

Cher :: Charts & Sales History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of them seem wrong, for example I Got you Babe was supposed to be at 780,000, not 100,000 less? And some of the others, TMNGWY and Walking In Memphis seem too high as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by alfiebot
      Here are the estimated single sales in the UK counting both Cher/Sonny & Cher singles:

Believe :: 1,779k
      I Got You Babe :: 695k
      The Shoop Shoop Song :: 550k
      Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves :: 355k
      Love Can Build A Bridge :: 300k
      Dead Ringer For Love :: 270k
      If I Could Turn Back Time :: 265k
      Strong Enough :: 265k
      Bang Bang :: 200k
      I Found Someone :: 195k
      One By One :: 165k
      Little Man :: 140k
      Baby Don't Go :: 135k
      Just Like Jesse James :: 130k
      All I Really Want To Do :: 125k
      All I Ever Need Is You :: 125k
      Walking In Memphis :: 115k
      What Now My Love :: 110k
      Music's No Good Without You :: 97k
      Love And Understanding :: 95k
      But You're Mine :: 85k
      All Or Nothing :: 70k
      The Beat Goes On :: 40k
      I Hope You Find It :: 35k
      Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore :: 35k
      Dov'e L'Amour :: 35k
      Heart Of Stone :: 30k
      Oh No Not My Baby :: 30k
      Sunny :: 25k
      Dark Lady :: 25k
      Save Up All Your Tears :: 25k
      Not Enough Love In The World :: 25k
      We All Sleep Alone :: 20k
      Love Hurts :: 20k
      Could've Been You :: 20k
      Living For You :: 20k
      You Wouldn't Know Love :: 15k
      Many Rivers To Cross :: 15k
      I've Got You Babe (1994) :: 15k
      I Feel Something In The Air :: 10k
      Have I Stayed Too Long :: 10k
      Whenever You're Near :: 5k
      total singles sales: 6 684 000

*source - HAVEN charts and sales forum
      Do you have the link for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by StephenN17
        Some of them seem wrong, for example I Got you Babe was supposed to be at 780,000, not 100,000 less? And some of the others, TMNGWY and Walking In Memphis seem too high as well.
        Yeah I remember reading somewhere that IGYB was over 700k, and as far as TMNGWY is concerned - what I read long time ago is that TMNGWY sold around 70k in 2001/2002, so maybe these are updated along with digital sales since then...

anyway here's the thread though you need to have an account in order to see it: http://fatherandy2.proboards.com/thread ... rf-spector
        C h e r
        51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
        Oscar~Grammy~Emmy~Golden Globe winner
        Touring force
        Legend

Comment

• Canadian Catalogue Chart
          26 UNI 29 22 28 CHER ICON 310 -6 331 13,070

Comment

• Originally posted by LostAvenger
            Music Week Magazine:
            The "Believe" album has sold 700,000 copies in the UK.
            Cher Releases First New Album In 12 Years 'Closer To The Truth' Out On October 14th 2013
            Cher returns with her first new album in twelve years when she releases 'Closer To The Truth'on October 14th on Warner Bros. Records. The album's first single 'Woman's World' will be released on October 13th and was premiered with her first live TV performance in over ten years on American's season finale of The Voice back in June.

Cher's musical reinvention with the 1998 album 'Believe' proved to be one of the biggest success stories of the decade as she accumulated 700,000 album sales and a staggering 1.7 million copies of the album's famous title track in the UK.

Cher has been a worldwide superstar for almost 50 years. An Academy Award winning actress, Grammy winner, three time Golden Globe winner, Cannes Film Festival Awardwinner, People's Choice Award winner, Broadway actress, singer, director, author and humanitarian, Cher, a global icon, is busier than ever - there's clearly no slowing down.

(Source: http://www.contactmusic.com/press/cher- ... -14th-2013)
            "I want to make people cry even when they don't understand my words", Edith Piaf, the Voice of the Sparrow.

Comment

28 UNI 28 14 8 CHER ICON 550 38 400 14,020
              1 WUK 120 CHER CHER GREATEST HITS 181 999 13 1,041

That Greatest Hits must be the one from November 1999.

Comment

• Originally posted by StephenN17
                Canadian Catalogue Chart
                28 UNI 28 14 8 CHER ICON 550 38 400 14,020
                1 WUK 120 CHER CHER GREATEST HITS 181 999 13 1,041

That Greatest Hits must be the one from November 1999.
                cool!

if "Icon" keeps selling steadily it can even go Gold - not bad for an unofficial compilation!

regarding the "The Greatest Hits" 1999 - yes it probably is the WEA UK release (it says WUK there ;)).
                There was confusion which one of her 1999 greatest hits is Platinum in Canada - this one or the "If I Could Turn Back Time; Greatest Hits" released by Geffen... I guess it's the latter one after all, if the WEA UK one has just charted and sold 1,041 total.
                C h e r
                51 singles on Billboard Hot100~Top 10 albums in 5 decades~110+ million records sold
                Touring force
                Legend

Comment

• CHART: Top Soundtracks / Billboard
                  Week Ending: 03/30/2014
                  Weeks - On Label - 2W Rank - LW Rank - TW Rank - Artist - Title - TW Sales - % CHG - LW Sales - RTD Sales
                  RCA 31 40 26 BURLESQUE SOUNDTRACK 907 45 625 693,801

Thanks to skycycle
                  "I want to make people cry even when they don't understand my words", Edith Piaf, the Voice of the Sparrow.

Comment

• WEEK OF / SEMAINE DU: 06/04/2014 TOP CATALOGUE - Canada
                    29 UNI 14 8 10 CHER ICON 529 -4 550 14,549
                    2 WUK 120 55 CHER CHER GREATEST HITS 288 59 181 1,329

Comment

• Btw "The Farewell Tour" DVD is certified Platinum in New Zealand - confirmed to me by someone who has the updated NZ Chart Book by mr. Dean Scapolo.
                      C h e r
                      Touring force
                      Legend

Comment

• Does anyone have the updated Soundscan figures for the''Live! The Farewell Tour"? Last time it was reported in 2006 it sold 190, 000 in the US.
                        C h e r
                        Touring force
                        Legend

Comment

Does anyone have the updated Soundscan figures for the''Live! The Farewell Tour"? Last time it was reported in 2006 it sold 190, 000 in the US.
                          Really? Wow. I didn't know it. I just knew about the 155,243 copies it had sold as for 2004 hehe. For your question, we need Billboard to share the top 25 selling albums by Cher since 1991, in an article celebrating her 50 years in the industry.

Comment

• Artist / Album / Sales / Sales at...
                            Cher Believe 16,527 04/1999

These numbers are South Korean sales
                            (Source: http://fanofmusic.free.fr/index.php?m=C ... =KoreaData)

Comment

• Originally posted by AlessandroOdo
                              Originally posted by alfiebot
                              Does anyone have the updated Soundscan figures for the''Live! The Farewell Tour"? Last time it was reported in 2006 it sold 190, 000 in the US.
                              Really? Wow. I didn't know it. I just knew about the 155,243 copies it had sold as for 2004 hehe. For your question, we need Billboard to share the top 25 selling albums by Cher since 1991, in an article celebrating her 50 years in the industry.
                              Yes, I hope they do it too - I'll certainly send them an email about it !
                              C h e r
                              Touring force
                              Legend

Comment

• Anyway, I just found this on the Haven forum thread All-Time ALBUMS BEST SELLERS + All The Million Sellers (UK):

Cher - Greatest Hits 1965-1992 - 1, 180 000
                                Very close to 4x Platinum!
                                C h e r
                                Touring force
                                Legend

Comment

Anyway, I just found this on the Haven forum thread All-Time ALBUMS BEST SELLERS + All The Million Sellers (UK):
                                  Yay!!, I bought that collection in a shipment to Venezuela in 2011 of some of her Geffen Records albums. But, does anyone know if "Love Hurts" crossed the 1 million sales mark in the UK?

Comment

Originally posted by alfiebot
                                    Anyway, I just found this on the Haven forum thread All-Time ALBUMS BEST SELLERS + All The Million Sellers (UK):
                                    Yay!!, I bought that collection in a shipment to Venezuela in 2011 of some of her Geffen Records albums. But, does anyone know if "Love Hurts" crossed the 1 million sales mark in the UK?
                                    Nope, it had sold 890,000 up until the end of the '90s, so i'd say it's at 900,000.

Comment

• Canadian catalog albums chart

30 UNI 8 10 15 CHER ICON 450 -15 529 14,999
                                      3 WUK 120 55 72 CHER GREATEST HITS 251 -13 288 1,580
                                      C h e r
                                      Touring force
                                      Legend

Comment

30 UNI 8 10 15 CHER ICON 450 -15 529 14,999
                                        3 WUK 120 55 72 CHER CHER GREATEST HITS 251 -13 288 1,580

Edit: Sorry, didn't see that you'd posted it already!

Comment

• First-week sales/Biggest sales week
                                          DEBUT/BIGGEST FOR IICTBT:GT & IAMW
                                          Scanning The Globe / Billboard, March 27 1999
                                          With a third week atop the Billboard Hot 100 and an album entrenched in the top 10 for Cher, could the timing ever be better for a comprehensive hits collection by the singer? "If I Could Turn Back Time", wich includes material from each of the labels she has recorded for in her solo career, plus Sonny & Cher's "I Got You Babe", starts at No. 67 with 23,500 units, her largest first-week total in the SoundScan Era. "It's a Man's World" debuted with a higher rank, No. 64, in 1996, but with a sum of 18,000.
                                          (Source: http://books.google.co.ve/books?id=XQ0E ... 00&f=false)

DEBUT/BIGGEST FOR LIVING PROOF & DEBUT FOR BELIEVE
                                          Alanis 'Sweeps' Away Chart Competition / Billboard
                                          Cher scores the highest debut of her 37-year career with her Warner Bros. set "Living Proof," selling a healthy 82,000 units to arrive at No. 9 on The Billboard 200. Her 1998 album "Believe" entered at No. 139 in 1998 with sales of just 12,000 units, but the similarly titled blockbuster single spurred the set to a No. 4 peak and eventual U.S. sales of 3.4 million units.
                                          (Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ ... ompetition)

DEBUT/BIGGEST FOR TVBOC & BIGGEST FOR BELIEVE
                                          Do You Believe? / Billboard, April 19 2003
                                          While the White Stripes fan rock's flame, the seemingly ageless Cher throws a log on the fire for the 50-plus crowd. Her news comprehensive 'best-of' set rolls in at No. 7 with 122,000, her biggest weekly total since Nielsen SoundScan began counting sales in 1991. That's more than the 113,000 that her 1998 comeback album, Believe-wich peaked at No. 4-sold in its biggest week.
                                          (Source: http://books.google.co.ve/books?id=gg0E ... 00&f=false)

PEAKS FOR TVBOC
                                          ** In each of the two weeks that "The Very Best" spent at No. 4, it sold less copies than its debut-week sales.

50 Cent Reclaims Throne, Madonna Takes Spill / MTV.com, May 7 2003
                                          The Very Best of Cher climbs a notch to #4 (98,000), Norah Jones' Grammy-nabbing Come Away With Me inches up one slot to #5 (94,000), Evanescence's Fallen ascends one position to #6 (93,000) and Linkin Park's Meteora dips three to #7 (92,000).
                                          (Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147174 ... rone.jhtml)
                                          50 Cent Makes Way For The Isley Brothers / MTV.com, May 14 2003
                                          Former professional surfer turned bluesy acoustic songwriter Jack Johnson rides the #3 slot with On and On, which sold in excess of 132,000 records its first week out. Cher remains at #4 with The Very Best of Cher, which, after six weeks on the chart, has sold more than 120,000.
                                          (Source: http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/147186 ... hers.jhtml)

PEAK FOR IICTBT:GT
                                          **The same happened here. This collection got a higher peak, in a lower sales week.

Dueling Divas / Billboard May 8 1999
                                          Cher's "Believe", which this issue sifts its way up one rung despite a 12% decline, had the largest unit increase on last issue's chart, which boosted it 12-5. The 36,500-unit gain represented a 48% improvement over prior-week sales. Her hits collection, "If I Could Turn Back Time", simultaneosly scored the Billboard 200's largest percentage gain; the 11,000-unit boost (up 87%) spurred a 114-57 leap. This issue, it drops to No. 75 with a 25% decline.
                                          (Source: http://books.google.co.ve/books?id=eQ0E ... rd&f=false)

Comment

• The Billboard issue for February 22, 1997, shared the worldwide sales of It't a Man's World, according to WEA UK at that moment.

Comment

• That image hasn't properly uploaded, but I think it's what I read last week, saying that the album sold 700,000 copies worldwide.

Comment

The Billboard issue for February 22, 1997, shared the worldwide sales of It't a Man's World, according to WEA UK at that moment.
                                                I kinda found the way to download it so here it is:

anyway, great find - thanks for posting it!
                                                could you just post the link with the full title?
                                                C h e r
                                                Touring force
                                                Legend

Comment

• anyway, speaking of Billboard, here's the page from the Jan. 2000 issue, stating that "Believe" the album sold more than 10 million while the single sold over 6 million worldwide!
                                                  Also it states that "The Greatest Hits'' sold more than 3 million (after only several months)!

C h e r
                                                  Touring force
                                                  Legend

Comment

• Sorry, I'm new at this. This is the link: http://books.google.co.ve/books?id=sQ4E ... rd&f=false
                                                    I was very happy when I saw this a year ago, because there are stimations of 1m sales, but other ones with 400-500k copies. 700k units sold seem good to me, considering the little data we have about my favorite Cher album

Other thing I founded was that IAMW was the 76th best selling album of 1996 in Italy, its peak position was No. 16 on the weekly charts >> http://www.hitparadeitalia.it/hp_yenda/lpe1996.htm

And the "Gold" collection had sold 88,000 copies in the US as for 2010, it was written as an answer by Paul Grein to a Cher's fan >> https://web.archive.org/web/20121001171 ... ouple.html (It's on the comments 'box')

Comment

Working...
                                                    X